PDA

View Full Version : What FFB settings do you have after 3.0?

watchumacallit
15-08-2015, 19:36
I just want to know what FFB settings you all are using post 3.0 patch on TM t300. Classic or default settings and with the 4 new sliders to fine tune the centering spring. Just want to see other peoples opinions before I start messing with mines as I don't want to ruin it. Also did you guys do a fresh install of the game and re calibration of the wheel? Thinking about uninstalling the game and starting fresh, Thanks in advance!

Sproket
15-08-2015, 21:53
I've gone classic but upped FFB from 46 to 100 put tyre force down to 50 deadzone removal and falloff both to 0.01.
I've had the white line tonight for the first time but overall it does feel good. Although I'm using JS brake and rumble FFB packs as the other now feel a little too neutral?

Haiden
15-08-2015, 22:24
I went with Default, set FFB to 80, Tire Force to 65, and Steering Deadzone to 0. I didn't touch anything else. With Jack Spade car level settings, it feels great. :)

Xtince
15-08-2015, 22:51
I'm still using the global settings of jack spade. So mine is on custom. Didn't try default or classic.

Haiden
15-08-2015, 23:02
I'm still using the global settings of jack spade. So mine is on custom. Didn't try default or classic.

But what did you start with? Once you make a change it switches to Custom.

Sproket
15-08-2015, 23:08
I'm pretty sure custom is default without making changes

chig88
16-08-2015, 00:29
Left mine the same as I had before, so still custom. Using the Jack Spade settings, FFB at 100 & Tyre Force at 65.

Feels the same as pre-3.0 patch, which I'm happy about :)

Xtince
16-08-2015, 10:55
[QUOTE=Haiden;1085645]But what did you start with? Once you make a change it switches to Custom.[/QUOTE

Always used the global settings like stated in the list of jack spade. Before it was default, but never really tried that setting.

angelfood
16-08-2015, 11:46
Recalibrated the wheel and pedals. I use the classic settings with TF 100 and dead zone removal 0,02, FFB 75 and Jack Spade Classic.

Raikku
16-08-2015, 11:50
What's the point to have "classic" and "default" profiles there at default when they totally same? No difference in any settings-line.

Northlander
16-08-2015, 15:13

Configuration:

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering Sensitivity - 50
Throttle Deadzone - 6
Throttle Sensitivity - 50
Brake Deadzone - 6
Brake Sensitivity - 35
Clutch Deadzone - 6
Clutch Sensitivity - 35
Speed Sensitivity - 0
Controller Filter Sensitivity - 0
Damper Saturation - 0
Force Feedback - 100
RPM/ Gear Display - YES
Controller Input Mode - 3
Advanced - Off

Calibrate Force Feedback:

Tire Force - 110
Per Wheel Movement - 0.00
Per Wheel Movement Squared - 0.00
Wheel Position Smoothing - 0.04
Deadzone Removal Range - 0.12
Deadzone Removal Falloff - 0.06
Linkage Scale - 0.00
Linkage Stiffness - 1.00
Linkage Dampening - 1.00
Relative Adjust Gain 0.98
Relative Adjust Bleed - 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp - 0.96
Scoop Knee - 0.54
Scoop Reduction - 0.16
Soft Clipping (Half Input) - 4.00
Soft Clipping (Full Output) - 8.19
Menu Spring Strength - 0.50
Low Speed Spring Coefficient - 1.0
Low Speed Spring Saturation - 1.0
Steering Gain - 4.00

Base Car FFB:

Master Scale - 32
Fx - 60
Fy - 70.01
Fz - 50.01
Mz - 80

Fx Smooth - 20.0
Fy Smooth - 20.0
Fz Smooth - 20.0
Mz Smooth - 20.0

Arm Angle - 1500

SoP Scale - 32
SoP Lateral - 70
SoP Diff - 50
SoP Damp - 0

Haiden
16-08-2015, 15:15
What's the point to have "classic" and "default" profiles there at default when they totally same? No difference in any settings-line.

They are different, but only like two or three of the settings have changed. They're lower on the list, so you won't see them unless you scroll down. But the profiles aren't exactly the same.

Fight-Test
16-08-2015, 15:51
If u have a t300 turn down ur center spring strength to 15 to 20 range

Haiden
16-08-2015, 17:26

I'll give it a try, but it feels fine now. Of course, any improvement is welcome. :)

BistoKid
16-08-2015, 19:09

Sorry, where do I find this setting please and what does it do?

watchumacallit
16-08-2015, 19:57

which one? low speed spring coefficient, low speed spring saturation or menu spring strength?

Haiden
16-08-2015, 21:02

Is it called Menu Spring Strength in PCars?

watchumacallit
17-08-2015, 02:08
Is it called Menu Spring Strength in PCars?

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt that just for when ur in the menus and nothing to do wen ur actually on the track?

Human_bean
17-08-2015, 02:20
In to find out if you can actually change spring strength while racing.

jason
17-08-2015, 02:24
I havnt changed anything from jspades 66% tyre force at 100 ffb @ 50 ..... centre spring feels a little dead from what it was but its not to bad , where are the sliders for spring strength ....... Have not even looked for them yet.

hitmanvega
17-08-2015, 10:31
Yip.. would also really like to know how this works...?
which one? low speed spring coefficient, low speed spring saturation or menu spring strength?

Haiden
17-08-2015, 13:19
correct me if i'm wrong but isnt that just for when ur in the menus and nothing to do wen ur actually on the track?

You would think so, by the name. I adjusted, turning it all the way up and all the way down, but felt no difference in the drive. I've heard a lot of people talking about Center Spring issues since the game released, but I don't see setting in the game to adjust that. Unless it's labeled something different, I don't think you can adjust it. If anyone knows how, I'd love to know. But to be honest, my FFB feels fine now.

Human
17-08-2015, 14:04
To adjust the center spring use the "menu spring". It has made a vast improvement to the feedback for me.

Haiden
17-08-2015, 15:58
To adjust the center spring use the "menu spring". It has made a vast improvement to the feedback for me.

Strange. I couldn't tell the difference at low or high speeds. I'm curious, what is it you feel less or more of when you adjust it?

Fight-Test
17-08-2015, 16:41
U might need to reset ur contols. I had to every patch to get the ffb changes to take effect. Center spring makes a huge difference on t300

hitmanvega
17-08-2015, 16:49
What about "low speed spring coefficient" and "low spring speed saturation" Any help on that...?
U might need to reset ur contols. I had to every patch to get the ffb changes to take effect. Center spring makes a huge difference on t300

Fight-Test
17-08-2015, 17:11
I got nothing on those yet. I sent out pm's to a few guys who I know might have it figured out. I've been looking around all morning for something solid on this but nothing yet.

Haiden
17-08-2015, 17:27

In what way? What do you feel more or less of when you adjust that setting? Knowing would help. Thanks.

hitmanvega
17-08-2015, 17:38
Yip. same here, was also looking around. No luck yet.
I got nothing on those yet. I sent out pm's to a few guys who I know might have it figured out. I've been looking around all morning for something solid on this but nothing yet.

Fight-Test
17-08-2015, 17:57
In what way? What do you feel more or less of when you adjust that setting? Knowing would help. Thanks.

If you go into your control menu under options. Then just hit the reset. It will however erase all your wheel settings. Then redo you global settings and your per car settings. I havent seen anyone say if you had to do this for 3.0 to take effect for sure but the previous ones you had too. If you didn't do it before it might be whats causing issue now.

Haiden
17-08-2015, 18:30
If you go into your control menu under options. Then just hit the reset. It will however erase all your wheel settings. Then redo you global settings and your per car settings. I havent seen anyone say if you had to do this for 3.0 to take effect for sure but the previous ones you had too. If you didn't do it before it might be whats causing issue now.

No. I understand how to reset the wheel. :) I meant how does changing the Center Sprint setting help? What do you feel more or less of in the wheel when you adjust it? Like I said, I changed mine and couldn't feel the difference. But that may be because I don't know what to look for in terms of feel.

BistoKid
17-08-2015, 19:33
So should i reset my settings on T300 since patch 3.0 or stick with current settings and tweak spring settings.

Haiden
17-08-2015, 19:46
So should i reset my settings on T300 since patch 3.0 or stick with current settings and tweak spring settings.

You should always do a reset and recalibration after an update.

BistoKid
17-08-2015, 20:16
You should always do a reset and recalibration after an update.

Yes I recalibrated however I kept all of my custom settings since pre patch 2.0. Should I start again, I mean are the T300 settings now better as standard since patch 3.0?

angelfood
17-08-2015, 20:23
Hi all, Jack Spade update his settings. Read here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=891198&viewfull=1#post891198) ;) Tomorrow I'll try.

graveltrap
17-08-2015, 20:37
Controls & FFB
New implemented the ability via menu sliders for the user to manually tweak the menu spring strength, stationary / low speed spring strength, and overall steering gain:

Menu Spring the strength of the wheel centering spring in the front end and in-game pause menu.

Low Speed Spring Coefficient & Saturation the weight of the steering at slow speeds (<10mph) and when the car is stationary. The saturation is the maximum force for the spring and the coefficient is how quickly the spring takes effect. To avoid "cogging / notching" effects when stationary its best to leave the spring coefficient high and lower the saturation.

Steering Gain the gain (multiplier) applied to all steering effects (steering force, jolts, kerb rumble etc) after they have been mixed. For a clean more detailed experience set at 1.0 or below, for stronger feedback at the expense of clipping set higher (maximum value 5).

I found this worth reading again and thinking about it for a while ;)

jason
17-08-2015, 21:56
I would think a recalibrate would be advisable but surely you don't need to enter 80 cars worth of FFB setting everytime a patch is out , that doesn't sound logical to me.

Fight-Test
17-08-2015, 21:57
No. I understand how to reset the wheel. :) I meant how does changing the Center Sprint setting help? What do you feel more or less of in the wheel when you adjust it? Like I said, I changed mine and couldn't feel the difference. But that may be because I don't know what to look for in terms of feel.

The force at which the wheel pulls to center. As you know tires want to be neutral so there is a pull to center always. The t300 at default had a very strong pull to center and with that working along with the regular ffb it would generate alot of heat and force the motor to fade. This is not something I experienced much but with so many guys running way to strong ffb this is making the wheel get hot and crap out. Wyldanimal is the one who brought this to light. What you should be able to do now is turn down the menu spring (mine is at 15 and default was 40), then be able to turn up tire force if you need more or turn up the ffb effects. I ran 7 hours hard on saturday and had no fade with 66% or bumps plus with ffb at 100, tire force 75 and menu spring 15. The car felt better, which i think is a bi-product of turning down center spring allowing you feel more of the subtle stuff. I feel I could of run even more tire force but its pretty strong already.

my buddies who run the g29 didn't like the feel when they went too low. They ended up around 30 on menu spring. I really think this was one of the main culprits along with too high settings in regard to fade and any t300 motor problems. Ive been lucky so far but also very cautious with my wheel since I got it.

Fight-Test
17-08-2015, 21:59
I would think a recalibrate would be advisable but surely you don't need to enter 80 cars worth of FFB setting everytime a patch is out , that doesn't sound logical to me.

shouldn't be this was but has been through 2.5. I didn't reset my controls for 4 or five days after 2.5 and after I did it was a huge difference. I also pretty sure it was confirmed to do this for 2.0 and 2.5 but I have seen nothing confirming the need to do it on 3.0 but its habit now.

jason
17-08-2015, 22:12
Would like a firm answer on this one from the devs or people in the know , I have been running it without recalibration and without re entering FFB settings and it feels fine since patch 3.0 recalibrated for all the rest , but would still like to know what the correct procedure is.

You sit there and do 80 cars again , that took me 5 hrs one Saturday morning mind you I was testing them as well.

Haiden
17-08-2015, 22:47

I don't think you don't have to do it per car, at least I never have. I just reset and recalibrate the settings from the main menu.

The force at which the wheel pulls to center. As you know tires want to be neutral so there is a pull to center always. The t300 at default had a very strong pull to center and with that working along with the regular ffb it would generate alot of heat and force the motor to fade. This is not something I experienced much but with so many guys running way to strong ffb this is making the wheel get hot and crap out. Wyldanimal is the one who brought this to light. What you should be able to do now is turn down the menu spring (mine is at 15 and default was 40), then be able to turn up tire force if you need more or turn up the ffb effects. I ran 7 hours hard on saturday and had no fade with 66% or bumps plus with ffb at 100, tire force 75 and menu spring 15. The car felt better, which i think is a bi-product of turning down center spring allowing you feel more of the subtle stuff. I feel I could of run even more tire force but its pretty strong already.

my buddies who run the g29 didn't like the feel when they went too low. They ended up around 30 on menu spring. I really think this was one of the main culprits along with too high settings in regard to fade and any t300 motor problems. Ive been lucky so far but also very cautious with my wheel since I got it.

Look at graveltrap's post above. I don't think menu spring is the setting that low speed centering force. I can say, when I adjusted Menu Spring, I didn't feel any difference in the game. I'm going to try adjusting the Coefficient and Saturation tonight and see if that makes any difference.

GrimeyDog
18-08-2015, 01:32
https://youtu.be/JK1wNeQaOE0

Still using My Same CSW v2 FFB Tweek with 98 tire force setting!!! Made this Video 2 weeks ago but Nothings changed using the Default Settings... Matter of Fact FFB Feels even Better Now with update 3.0 because it can be Fine tuned by 1's... I will make a New video for comparrison. FFB has Definitly improved though !!!!

watchumacallit
18-08-2015, 03:44
Same here, I ddnt feel any difference when turning down menu spring. I did however felt a huge difference with the centering force when I turn down steering gain.

Per 2.5 patch notes:
Steering Gain – the gain (multiplier) applied to all steering effects (steering force, jolts, kerb rumble etc) after they have been mixed. For a clean more detailed experience set at 1.0 or below, for stronger feedback at the expense of clipping set higher (maximum value 5).

I have FFB=100 TF=100(use to be 55 pre 3.0 patch) steering gain=55. Feels so much more detailed.

Can anybody else confirm this or am i just imagining things, lol!

Human
18-08-2015, 12:04
Strange. I couldn't tell the difference at low or high speeds. I'm curious, what is it you feel less or more of when you adjust it?

By lowering the menu spring it has lessened the centering effect of the wheel so I am not having to fight against it so much. It feels much more realistic for me now.

SpaceKratos
18-08-2015, 13:15
After hours to setup T100 for patch 2.0 now Im getting hard times again to understand the new settings... It would be so nice if we could change FFB Control settings in game pause menu... It would be fast to change and feel the difference between the numerous settings... but always have to quit the race, change configs and reload... take ages in PS4.

What do you think about:

- What menu spring strength actually does?

- Steering gain multiplies tire force ?

- What is the relation with relative adjust gain and steering gain?

- How scoop reduction and scoop knee will interact with these new patch 3.0 variables?

:confused:

Flaw3dGenius
18-08-2015, 15:04
After hours to setup T100 for patch 2.0 now Im getting hard times again to understand the new settings... It would be so nice if we could change FFB Control settings in game pause menu... It would be fast to change and feel the difference between the numerous settings... but always have to quit the race, change configs and reload... take ages in PS4.

What do you think about:

- How scoop reduction and scoop knee will interact with these new patch 3.0 variables?

Wouldnt mind an answer to this as well, Who'd of thought SMS could make the FFB even more complicated lol!

Haiden
18-08-2015, 15:18
By lowering the menu spring it has lessened the centering effect of the wheel so I am not having to fight against it so much. It feels much more realistic for me now.

Not sure why that is. If you increase or decrease that setting, you will feel the change in your wheel immediate after it saves on the next menu screen. Try it. You're wheel will loosen or tighten in the menus, depending on your setting. The coefficient and Saturation settings are what effect the low-speed centering force in session. At least that's how it works for me. I've tested it. I left the Coefficient at the default (75 I believe) and set Saturation to 10. I now feel minimal centering force at low speeds and the Tire Force centering effect at higher speeds. That's also how SMS describes them.

What do you think about:

Menu spring just sets the spring strength when you're in the menus. That's all. You can test this by turning it all the way down and then up and turning your wheel in the menu. As soon as you click out and it saves the change, you'll feel your wheel tighten or loosen, depending on which way you went.

If I understand Steering Gain correctly, it's a force multiplier. The higher you set it, the stronger your FFB, but it can cause clipping. A setting of 1.0 basically has no effect, because you're just multiplying the force by 1. (4 x 1.0 = 4). Lower settings reduce the overall force. I haven't played with this one yet, but based on what watchumacallit said above, I think I'll try a lower setting tonight to see if it allows for any addition detail. It might allow me to increase my FFB strength. I run TF at 65, and don't think I'll increase that, because my understanding is this setting is how much of the overall FFB you want to be derived from Tire Force, and I don't want Tire Force to overpower the other FFB forces.

I don't know about Adjust Gain, Scoop Knee, and Scoop Reduction. In the past, whenever I've adjusted those, it causes problems in the wheel. So now, I just leave them alone. The wheel feels great with them set at default, so I don't mess with them.

graveltrap
18-08-2015, 15:29
Post 36 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37202-What-FFB-settings-do-you-have-after-3-0&p=1087762&viewfull=1#post1087762) I quoted the 3.0 patch notes in that post.

As far as I can tell menu spring is literally that, it only changes how much spring is felt in the UI and has no impact on the wheel when driving.

Steering gain looks to be a multiplier for all of the forces going to the wheel, it feels like it is a way to alter overall steering weight.

The other two settings only come into play below 10mph, according to the patch notes, so I am not sure on the actual impact they have, unless you like driving really slowly.

How they interact with everything else is beyond me ;)

I can feel a strong force when returning the wheel to centre, using 'default' settings when driving at speed, it is strong enough to actually go past centre, steering gain reduced this feeling somewhat but not really to my liking.

Post 3.0 is the first time have actually noticed the effect TBH.

Haiden
18-08-2015, 16:06
The other two settings only come into play below 10mph, according to the patch notes, so I am not sure on the actual impact they have, unless you like driving really slowly.

How they interact with everything else is beyond me ;)

I think the Coefficient and Saturation also work above 10mph, just not as noticeable, because above 10mph, Tire Force begins to mix with centering force. For me, I feel a reduction in the strength of the center spring's non-tire related force, so the wheel feels lighter at lower speeds. As speed increases, the wheel tightens with Tire Force. Since the same spring is used for both wheel centering and Tire Force, a higher Center Spring setting, makes it hard to differentiate between Tire Force and basic wheel centering at lower speeds. Since I've adjusted mine--lowering the Saturation--I can actually feel a more gradual increase/decrease in Tire Force in relation to speed, and after a few laps, I started taking corners better.

Fight-Test
18-08-2015, 16:57

its the same for me. A huge difference and the wheel is working so much less in game. Idk if they are linked or this is placebo from other things they did but when I went to 20 and drove the pull to center is greatly reduced. When I went 15 it was even more and felt much better. It is also felt on the g29 in regard to raising and lowering just in a different way. I will mess with saturation tonight.

Haiden
18-08-2015, 18:27
its the same for me. A huge difference and the wheel is working so much less in game. Idk if they are linked or this is placebo from other things they did but when I went to 20 and drove the pull to center is greatly reduced. When I went 15 it was even more and felt much better. It is also felt on the g29 in regard to raising and lowering just in a different way. I will mess with saturation tonight.

Interesting. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just had a different experience, that's all. The only thing that matters is that we both improve our feel. :)

xXDoc187Xx
19-08-2015, 17:18
I'm using the default setting in ffb calibration with changes to deadzone removal 0.5 , deadzone fallodd 0.5 relative adjust gain 1.0 , soft clip half to 7.00 , soft clip full to 10.00 and jacks classic ffb setting. I'm using a 911 turbo S. Default FFB feesl like patch 1.5 with major clipping so this is basically my 1.5 setting