PDA

View Full Version : SlingShot Effect

transfix
15-08-2015, 20:39
This has only been since patch 2.0

Does anyone know if this is a known issue or is there something that can be changed to eliminate it? It is like a sling shot where the car just pulses backward/forward. Sometimes letting go of the gas into a corner throws the car ahead making you overshoot the corner. Hope I'm explaining this correctly. This is getting so frustrating. I've tried turning many graphic settings with no success.

RTA nOsKiLlS
15-08-2015, 20:45
Its known to me. I happens quite a lot. It really annoying.

It actually made me crash into my friend on the Nurburgring GP. I was braking, and then my car shoots forwards, and I end up taking us both off the track. Fortunately I was in a party with my friend so I could explain.

I was going to a video of it on the forum, but I didn't bother as I would just get the morality crew saying they didn't see it. I've deleted the footage anyway, but when it happens again, I'll save it and put it up.

Im not sure if it has been officially reported, doing the only solution for any xbox one problem seems to fix it for a while. The "HARD RESET"

AdM1
15-08-2015, 23:58
And me, I've mentioned a few times that Zolder first chicane does this pretty much every time in online.

Also Azure Coast in a few spots.

It does mess you up, feels like someone turned nitrous on for a second or something lol.

TrevorAustin
16-08-2015, 01:09
Looks like another xbox special never seen it or heard of it before, all using the same controls maybe?

c172fccc
16-08-2015, 01:26
I didn't know that was still an issue until I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/IpN1VAowx8I?&rel=0

I think this something that happens when the cpu isn't powerful enough to handle the tyre model, so I don't think it should happen on Xbox One. Maybe the cpu isn't used to its full capacity or something?

MUFFlerDRIVAR
16-08-2015, 01:40
This started happening to me a week ago, hard reset seems to clean it up

Rockefelluh
16-08-2015, 03:56
Looks like another xbox special never seen it or heard of it before, all using the same controls maybe?

Same controls? What does that mean?

transfix
16-08-2015, 04:21
Hard resets works for a short time. So frustrating to have an issue like this on X1. Its goes on the verge of game breaking when it when it starts up.
I wish this could be resolved at some point in the near future.

OpticalHercules
16-08-2015, 07:45
I didn't know that was still an issue until I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/IpN1VAowx8I?&rel=0

I think this something that happens when the cpu isn't powerful enough to handle the tyre model, so I don't think it should happen on Xbox One. Maybe the cpu isn't used to its full capacity or something?

The jerking in that video is what I see every time I play PCars after playing some other games without hard resetting before starting pcars. There's been threads about this before. It doesn't matter if you close other games or not before starting PCars, there is always some amount of memory or cpu usage or something that is occupied by those previous programs until the system is reset. It happens to me, 100%, every single time after playing elder Scrolls, popping the disc out and closing the game through the menu, and then starting PCars without a reset. It's nothing new and I don't think it's ever been addressed. Don't really think it can be addressed unless some update magically reduces the system resource consumption of this game.

EMW Grogan
16-08-2015, 08:04

Rockefelluh, Its his way of saying it doesnt happen, xbox players lie and 'whinge' without cause, he is a PC user who trolls Xbox users.

Just ignore him

BCFCBristolRed
16-08-2015, 16:44
As Optical has already said, this happens after everytime a game that isn't pCars is loaded up. I played F1 2015 for half an hour the other day, put pCars back on without a hard reset and it was pulsing. A hard reset ALWAYS fixes the problem for me though. Also, I have an obsession now of clearing my persistent memory on the actual BluRay player everytime I play a different game or watch a movie.

Rockefelluh, Its his way of saying it doesnt happen, xbox players lie and 'whinge' without cause, he is a PC user who trolls Xbox users.

Just ignore him

Always in the Xbox forum too ain't he!?

BEFORE I OFFEND ANYONE...... THAT WAS A JOKE!!!!

transfix
16-08-2015, 20:55
So is also clearing the blu ray memory helping with games?

Im Sorry
16-08-2015, 21:18
I have reported it a few times.Restarting a race usually fixes it.Surprised you have not heard of this Trev as your never off the Xbox forum!!!!

EMW Grogan
17-08-2015, 04:39
As Optical has already said, this happens after everytime a game that isn't pCars is loaded up. I played F1 2015 for half an hour the other day, put pCars back on without a hard reset and it was pulsing. A hard reset ALWAYS fixes the problem for me though. Also, I have an obsession now of clearing my persistent memory on the actual BluRay player everytime I play a different game or watch a movie.

Always in the Xbox forum too ain't he!?

BEFORE I OFFEND ANYONE...... THAT WAS A JOKE!!!!

I wasn't joking

bodyshop
17-08-2015, 05:37

Trev will be trying to be funny about people using controllers rather than wheels, look at his post count and 90% of that is trolling xbox 1 section.

This issue has happened to me on xbox only once when i played PCars after FIFA without shutting console down first. Its not a massive deal just hard reset and all gravy, oh and ignore Trev....

BCFCBristolRed
17-08-2015, 06:31
So is also clearing the blu ray memory helping with games?

It certainly did before patch 2.0. I do it now out of habit.

Trev will be trying to be funny about people using controllers rather than wheels, look at his post count and 90% of that is trolling xbox 1 section.

This issue has happened to me on xbox only once when i played PCars after FIFA without shutting console down first. Its not a massive deal just hard reset and all gravy, oh and ignore Trev....

Wow, just looked. I think he actually lives in this section. Has a lovely semi detached house just on the corner of technical issues street. Hahaha

justonce68
17-08-2015, 11:40
I don't have this issue, but then I use a wheel lol

Umer Ahmad
17-08-2015, 16:03
Any particular cars/tracks/weather settings that make this worse? MP or single player or game mode does not matter?

transfix
17-08-2015, 16:12
Any particular cars/tracks/weather settings that make this worse? MP or single player or game mode does not matter?

Weather not affecting it since it happens in on rain or shine. I don't play MP at the moment and usually I am in Career mode. It does seem to follow the theory that if you play other games then switch to PCars without hard resetting you get the Pulsing/Sling Shot effect.

Im Sorry
17-08-2015, 17:06

I've never seen it happen in MP.But happens in career and solo race weekend.

OpticalHercules
17-08-2015, 18:19

I don't remember if this is the same issue or not:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35214-Patch-2-0-issues&p=1060825#post1060825

I don't know if any weather settings makes it worse, but in career, free practice, or race weekend (MP & TT unknown but likely) it happens.

Even when your xbox is working fine for any other car, there's one particular setup I've found that will guarantee to see this issue: Set up Shifter Kart on the Dubai Kart track and make yourself go over a rumble strip as you exit any corner. It doesn't matter if it's a fresh reboot or not, the game ALWAYS slows down when you hit that strip, then launches you forward the second you leave the strip back to where you would be if the game hadn't "hesitated".

EMW Grogan
17-08-2015, 18:31
First time in TT today.

But its happened in MP plenty.

Brent G
17-08-2015, 18:33

Must not exist then eh?