PDA

View Full Version : BMW Z4 GT3 top speed engine noise glitch?

ProjectCARSFiend
16-08-2015, 02:00
Just wondering, what's with the weird noise the Z4 GT3 makes when it hits it's absolute top speed in 6th gear? Is it meant to make this sound, or is it something you're looking into fixing? It's just I've driven other cars at their top speeds on straights for example, and this doesn't happen to them. This obviously isn't a major issue, it's just something that would be good if it was fixed, if it is broken.

MitchR32
16-08-2015, 02:02
Does it sound like it's valvebouncing?

MrBlacky
16-08-2015, 07:40
Driven the Z4 for about 10.000 km and never noticed a weird sound.

Bubbs
16-08-2015, 08:11
Rev limiter? I thought they all sounded pretty much the same. Like a sort of engine machine-gun :)

Here's a few (skip to 1:00).

http://youtu.be/6szPDzp5yaA

Rockgear
16-08-2015, 08:17
Only weird about Z4s sound is that it is totally wrong, the real car doesn´t sound a bit like in Pcars. I experienced it 1000 times at the Nordschleife, it´s screaming!!

GTsimms
16-08-2015, 08:34
Not BMW , but https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vf5cl3oLI

TheDoctor46
16-08-2015, 08:42
Only weird about Z4s sound is that it is totally wrong, the real car doesn´t sound a bit like in Pcars. I experienced it 1000 times at the Nordschleife, it´s screaming!!
Cool, so you're a racing driver? Otherwise Id really like to know where you got your internal sound reference from :rolleyes:

cpl
16-08-2015, 11:45
Cool, so you're a racing driver? Otherwise Id really like to know where you got your internal sound reference from :rolleyes:

or he could have watched a replay, and suddenly he's got a reference. cause, you know, it's like standing at the side of the track....

ProjectCARSFiend
20-08-2015, 07:58
Does it sound like it's valvebouncing?

What do you mean by valvebouncing?

ProjectCARSFiend
20-08-2015, 08:04
Have you ever hit your absolute top speed in it?

N0body Of The Goat
20-08-2015, 09:50
or he could have watched a replay, and suddenly he's got a reference. cause, you know, it's like standing at the side of the track....

I don't agree with that statement. All sorts of things could make that replay sound different from being on the side of the track, including...
The quality of the microphones
Where the microphones are placed
Any compression of the sound
etc.

Rockgear
22-08-2015, 20:33

or you learn to read, like there is written, experienced it a 1000 thousand times at the Nordschleife, as a spectator of course, last time? todays VLN 6! Yap! that is a reference, believe me, it has no typical v8 sound, thats bullshit, its screaming! By the way, you and that another user seem never to be went to a racetrack and experienced it or at least watched a race on tv, because than you would know.

Rockgear
22-08-2015, 20:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85WpXriaciM

here you get a good idea of z4s typical sound, very different to pcars sound, isn´t it? I think so!

aerchak
22-08-2015, 21:07
Goddamn, guys...

cpl
22-08-2015, 21:25
or you learn to read, like there is written, experienced it a 1000 thousand times at the Nordschleife, as a spectator of course, last time? todays VLN 6! Yap! that is a reference, believe me, it has no typical v8 sound, thats bullshit, its screaming! By the way, you and that another user seem never to be went to a racetrack and experienced it or at least watched a race on tv, because than you would know.

keep calm buddie, i understood you just fine, it seems like you misread my post. i agreed with you and argued against TheDoctor46, though my answer was a little sarcastic, but not against you. and fyi, i grew up 20km away from the nürburgring, i`ve seen my fair share of racing, so don't just assume things.

Rockgear
23-08-2015, 09:55
Da Sarkasmus in geschriebener Form immer so ne Sache ist, wie ich finde, kannst du mir bestimmt meine überreaktion verzeihen. Sorry ;). Mich hat eigentlich auch der erste Post so richtig aufgeregt, das man immer gleich ein Rennfahrer sein muss um was beurteilen zu können :D, da hab ich den neueren Post einfachheitshalber als anlass genommen.