PDA

View Full Version : TX Wheel Manettino Switch

Hurt MaGurt
16-08-2015, 04:58
On Xbox One the manettino 3 position switch on the TX wheel just duplicates 3 other buttons. Is this a game issue or a Thrustmaster firmware issue?

BellCurve
16-08-2015, 05:45
just do a quick search, mate. 'tx wheel assignable buttons' should do the trick.

to answer your question, explanationless, microsoft issue.

MrLiister
16-08-2015, 13:53
You can only assign so many buttons for Xbox, additional buttons get duplicated so like BellCurve says it's a MS issue. You should try the F1 rim, duplicate buttons for days!

MissionBULLITT
17-08-2015, 17:06
I would more quickly call this a game issue as the developers had to know the controller mapping situation on the XBOX prior to release and went ahead and made countless button mapping options available that couldn't possibly be used on a single controller. Why give the option when you know people on two platforms can't properly use them?

Schnizz58
17-08-2015, 17:28
I would more quickly call this a game issue as the developers had to know the controller mapping situation on the XBOX prior to release and went ahead and made countless button mapping options available that couldn't possibly be used on a single controller. Why give the option when you know people on two platforms can't properly use them?
But why hobble the PC version and bring it down to the lowest common denominator? Also, there's hope that MS will one day add the ability to map all those buttons.

oneBIGkicker
17-08-2015, 17:32
Also, there's hope that MS will one day add the ability to map all those buttons.

And One day Pigs will fly!
A MS issue for sure.

Schnizz58
17-08-2015, 19:54
And One day Pigs will fly!
A MS issue for sure.
I'm certainly not holding my breath. However my thinking is that eventually they'll want to use those buttons with Forza and then it will suddenly become a priority for them.

baz00ka
17-08-2015, 20:24
actually there was a reference somewhere on the net when i was looking into this issue where M$ said they gonna address it. dont quote me on that but it would make sense coz they are digital usb devices and this limitation is simply artificial.

Schnizz58
17-08-2015, 20:27
actually there was a reference somewhere on the net when i was looking into this issue where M$ said they gonna address it. dont quote me on that but it would make sense coz they are digital usb devices and this limitation is simply artificial.
Right, it's a limitation of the protocol between the wheel and the Xbox.

MrLiister
17-08-2015, 20:50
Phil Spencer was talking about the possibility of full mouse and keyboard support, we only limited keyboard support now as in you can't use it in games but to chat etc... Or it's very limited use within games. I have a wireless USB mouse and keyboard hooked up to the Xbox but can only assign the same number of keys on the keyboard as I have on the controller. I'm not sure they will commit to full mouse and keyboard support, that will be a can of worms. Imagine FPS on Xbox but now with a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller, oh the power! Still can't be much different to wheel users against controller users in PCARS I guess. Even without full support MS should at least allow us to map additional buttons for wheels/keyboards that support them.

Schnizz58
17-08-2015, 20:54
I'm not sure they will commit to full mouse and keyboard support, that will be a can of worms. Imagine FPS on Xbox but now with a mouse and keyboard instead of a controller, oh the power!
I think that was the reason they didn't support mouse & kbd to begin with isn't it? It's a plot against old farts like me that can't adapt to playing a shooter with a joystick.

MissionBULLITT
18-08-2015, 16:37
I don't believe the lowest common denominator is the Xbox One as there are countless people playing/bitching about this game on the platform, nor should they take away from the PC version. All they had to do was make an alteration to the menu to eliminate the useless options that consoles can't take advantage of seems like a fairly simple alteration to me at least until MS was ready to release keyboard functionality. That among all the other faults are things a real QA/BETA would have been able to get sorted out pre-release.

MrLiister
18-08-2015, 16:42
All they had to do was make an alteration to the menu to eliminate the useless options that consoles can't take advantage

What's wrong with having options? I understand you can't choose many of them at the same time but they are there for you to choose which ones you want. I often change which buttons i'm mapping to the wheel, i'd rather them there than not at all.

Schnizz58
18-08-2015, 18:24
I don't believe the lowest common denominator is the Xbox One...
I don't what else it could be then. It's certainly not the PS4 and it goes without saying that the PC is the most capable of the three.

ashasha
18-08-2015, 21:30
OK, so you want the A button to do ____, but I want it to do XXXXX. Which function do they throw out?

It isn't about mapping a command to every single button, it's about having a selection of commands to select the most important from. Is the button limitation kind of on the stupid side....well yeah, but that doesn't mean that you dumb down the product to the point that you limit the selection of features that each person can choose from.

Schnizz58
18-08-2015, 22:25
Who are you asking?

Dynomight Motorsports
18-08-2015, 23:19
There is a thread on here with a Link to Vote for More Buttons. Not that MS will listen to us lowly peasants, but it is definitely on their radar. And like someone said above, when it becomes a priority for Forza it will likely get done then.