PDA

View Full Version : And it STILL wont put the correct tyre on the Formula B

danowat
16-08-2015, 06:43
Come on guys, this is really frustrating.

Even with the new pit GUI, and the new tyre descriptions, the Formula B still gets the wrong tyres during a pitstop.

You start the race on Faretti (soft), select soft in the pit menu, and the game puts Yiro (medium) on.

Please fix it, it makes doing long races in the Formula B very frustrating.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
16-08-2015, 07:45
Come on guys, this is really frustrating.

Even with the new pit GUI, and the new tyre descriptions, the Formula B still gets the wrong tyres during a pitstop.

You start the race on Faretti (soft), select soft in the pit menu, and the game puts Yiro (medium) on.

Please fix it, it makes doing long races in the Formula B very frustrating.

I thought it might be mandatory to use both soft and medium in the races. However, there's a serious problem with the Yiros, at least for some of us, where the FFB wants to lock the wheel to center whenever the brakes are on at all. I started a thread about it and a moderator said it was forwarded: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36986-Unable-to-Trail-Brake-After-Pit-Stop

Really hope it's fixed, I've put career mode on the back burner because of the issue.

danowat
16-08-2015, 07:54
Yes, the Yiro is a terrible tyre.

It's wierd, because if I pit on the second lap, it will put a Faretti on, if I pit later, it will put the Yiro on.

Think I'll just have to reduce the race length right down and game this part of the career just to get it over with.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
16-08-2015, 08:01

It's wierd, because if I pit on the second lap, it will put a Faretti on, if I pit later, it will put the Yiro on.

Think I'll just have to reduce the race length right down and game this part of the career just to get it over with.

Hmm, I haven't tried pitting 2nd lap, worth a shot as I think one set could do the whole distance.

Selecting intermediates worked. They're good for at least a lap so you can pit at the end if you want.

danowat
17-08-2015, 08:06
Any feedback from the dev team on this?, will it be fixed?, three patches in and it's still an issue.

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 08:15
Notified devs.

madmax2069
17-08-2015, 08:18
I was just on California full reverse with rain forcast in the Audi R18 TDI and they put soft slicks (automatic selection) on my car luckily enough for me it didn't start raining until around 90% completed, that last 10% was a pain due to the wet surface with soft slicks.

Jezza819
17-08-2015, 15:05

The Faretti isn't much better IMHO. For a car that I'm guessing is supposed to be the equal to a GP2 car it sure does slide around a lot.

Bruno Alexandre
17-08-2015, 15:12
I don't see this issue on my PS4 version, could you grab me an image of the race conditions you have on and at what lap you go into the pits in order to change the tyreS?

Also can you attempt to reset your current car setup and see if the issue is still noticeable ?

danowat
17-08-2015, 15:14
I don't see this issue on my PS4 version, could you grab me an image of the race conditions you have on and at what lap you go into the pits in order to change the tyreS?

Also can you attempt to reset your current car setup and see if the issue is still noticeable ?

Was in the FB career race at Dubai, race length 75(ish)%, 23 laps, started on Faretti, pitted on lap 10 with soft selected in the pit menu and it put on Yiro.

I also tried it by putting on lap 2, and it put on the correct tyre.

I will check it again when I get chance.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
17-08-2015, 16:02
It puts Yiros on for me as well with soft selected, in career, at Hockenheim (approx 10 laps) and Dubai (32 laps and 5 laps), whether pitting about midway or towards the end of the race. Disc version of the game.

While it put Yiros on at Hockenheim, I didn't notice the horrendous Yiro FFB there, only at Dubai, whether race or practice. (Haven't tested anywhere else, or gone back to Hockenheim to see if I missed it.)

Bruno Alexandre
17-08-2015, 16:22
Might be something within career mode only, i will keep on trying. Thanks!

danowat
17-08-2015, 16:37
Definitely seems related to career, can't get it to do it in quick weekend.....

ElMister
17-08-2015, 20:31
FYI, the Yiro compound is quicker once you get the correct tyre pressure for it. I would say it's about 2-3 seconds quicker than the Faretti compound, which is quite odd since Faretti is supposed to be the soft compound. Don't know if it's meant to be that way or if there might have been a little mix up.

Mahjik
17-08-2015, 22:52
For a car that I'm guessing is supposed to be the equal to a GP2 car it sure does slide around a lot.

FWIW, it's not based on GP2 cars. It's based on the Superleague Formula:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superleague_Formula

They have more power than GP2 cars with less aero development.

Bruno Alexandre
18-08-2015, 11:12
Hey guys, been doing the career mode, 22 laps, and so far nothing bad happened or wrong tires been placed. But, i've had another idea on what could be causing this, i suspect that the pit-strategy you have currently could still be grabbing old information from previous patches. Would it be possible for you guy to try to delete all the pit-strategies you have set on the Formula B and try again ?

Fong74
18-08-2015, 11:27
I think you are right Bruno. Pit strategies started working for me with v3.0 after I deleted all objects present before the update. The tires were not changed at all before the delete although I created/activated/used new strategy objects. No issues since the delete of the old ones at my end.

danowat
18-08-2015, 11:37
Hey guys, been doing the career mode, 22 laps, and so far nothing bad happened or wrong tires been placed. But, i've had another idea on what could be causing this, i suspect that the pit-strategy you have currently could still be grabbing old information from previous patches. Would it be possible for you guy to try to delete all the pit-strategies you have set on the Formula B and try again ?

Ok, that's a possibility, I'll try it again next time I'm on.

Thanks for your investigation.

Jezza819
18-08-2015, 13:20

Thanks for clearing that up. That certainly explains the squirming around.

Doge
18-08-2015, 14:09

Superleague cars had wing dimensions similar to pre 2009 F1 cars. Formula B has post 2009 F1 wing dimensions, like the GP2 cars. It must be a GP2.

Whatever they wanted to mimic, it is overperforming. It does 1:23 at Barcelona, that is F1 pace. It has way too much downforce and mechanical grip.

Mahjik
18-08-2015, 19:25
Superleague cars had wing dimensions similar to pre 2009 F1 cars. Formula B has post 2009 F1 wing dimensions, like the GP2 cars. It must be a GP2.

It's not a GP2, and I just told you that. There is more to aero than just wings.

Whatever they wanted to mimic, it is overperforming. It does 1:23 at Barcelona, that is F1 pace. It has way too much downforce and mechanical grip.

Looking at the Silverstone times, they seem to be pretty close. 2010 Superleague Formula qualified 1.34-1.36... The pCARS PC leaderboard times for the FB are showing 1.37's (granted, the leaderboards have just been wiped so I'm sure there will be some faster times soon).

Tronch1
20-08-2015, 17:52
Superleague Formula raced in the old Silverstone layout in 2010 mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUbxLYO0TPQ

They were normally 10 or 15 seconds off F1 pace in tracks both series used, even in fairly short ones like Magny Course. 1:35 is F1 race pace, and Formula B leaderboard times is yet another example of these cars overperforming, both if they are unlicensed GP2s or unlicensed Superleague cars (which they're not).

As you say, there's more than wings in aero. The body of Formula B cars is free of winglets, just like modern GP2 cars. On the other hand Superleague cars had big bargeboards and plenty of winglets directly in front of the rear wheels.

Mahjik
20-08-2015, 18:00
As you say, there's more than wings in aero. The body of Formula B cars is free of winglets, just like modern GP2 cars. On the other hand Superleague cars had big bargeboards and plenty of winglets directly in front of the rear wheels.

I'm not sure why you created two accounts. However, no "SMS Formula" vehicle is an exact copy or replica of any known formula vehicle today. They will be inspired by a certain year/era of a vehicle and then developed to SMS's desires. The Formula A is not a Formula 1, although it's inspired by F1. The Superleague Formula is the basis for the Formula B, but it's not a Superleague Formula so it won't have the same lap times as a Superleague Formula. Formula C is a combination for a Formula Continental and Formula 3, but it's not either..

It was made known to WMD during development that it was originally based on the Superleague Formula, not GP2 (as everyone kept trying to refer to it as GP2, even the professional race drivers). With that, it really doesn't make any sense to try to compare laps times of any of the SMS Formula cars since they are not built to any known professional specification.

Doge
20-08-2015, 19:06
Because I forgot the password for a while and the recovery mail is abandoned. Feel free to delete one.

Anyway, nice to see you backing out. Before it was a Superleague, now it's abstract. Before laptimes were accurate (based on bad info), now it is not relevant how fast it goes. Trust me mate, not a single inch of that car is Superleague based. Power output, dymensions, tyres... Everything is GP2ish. And no,
not all cars are a mesh of random stuff. Formula A is a copy of a 2011 F1 car. No elements of anything else.

Only reason this was done on WMD days was copyright. GP2 is up and running, superleague is dead.

Mahjik
20-08-2015, 20:46
Anyway, nice to see you backing out. Before it was a Superleague, now it's abstract.

Nope. Read again:

FWIW, it's not based on GP2 cars. It's based on the Superleague Formula

I said it was based on Superleague, which it is. I never said it was exactly a Superleague Formula. Either English is not your first language so there is a translation issue, or you just misread my post.