PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Online Lobbys....

Sucramadus
17-08-2015, 07:03
Hey Guys

does anybody know why PC is always searching forever to find a Lobby for you to play in?
Even if you set everything to Random Search?
I mean, this Game is played by so many ppl, and still you only find Lobbys that are 2-3 Guys Max when you enter.
Why is it so hard for the System to Shuffle some Players together instead of filling up many Lobbys with just 2-3 ppl?

EMW Grogan
17-08-2015, 07:16
It's always done this from day 1

Patch 3.0 promises a lobby browser which hopefully will show how many players are in each lobby.

I ain't seen it's structure but I'm hoping it shows :

Player numbers
Track
Car class
Laps
Assists

We shall have to wait and see how it's works.

MAARTEN
20-08-2015, 19:32
Same thoughts here. When i feel like racing online and search among the lobbies i have to scroll through a lot of empty lobbies where there is 0/32 players.

Why not have a filter that you can set a minimum of users in lobbies. Let say i want only to see lobbies that has at least 5 users or more.

And all these private lobbies, it should be possible to filter these as well.

Rockefelluh
20-08-2015, 19:40
Same thoughts here. When i feel like racing online and search among the lobbies i have to scroll through a lot of empty lobbies where there is 0/32 players.

Why not have a filter that you can set a minimum of users in lobbies. Let say i want only to see lobbies that has at least 5 users or more.

And all these private lobbies, it should be possible to filter these as well.

This may be possible on PC. But, my gut feeling is Xbox wouldn't be able to do this. Filters are few on Xbox MP.

MAARTEN
20-08-2015, 19:44
This may be possible on PC.

No, i got PC and there is no options in filter to filter these. Otherwise i got to have my eyes checked :D. Hopefully there will be a small update that adds these features. Can't be that hard to fix for the developers.

oneBIGkicker
20-08-2015, 19:48
MP is by far my biggest disappointment with Pcars.

Boggles my mind that MP is such shambles.
Hoping Patch 3 brings it to a more usable level.

Rockefelluh
20-08-2015, 19:56
No, i got PC and there is no options in filter to filter these. Otherwise i got to have my eyes checked :D. Hopefully there will be a small update that adds these features. Can't be that hard to fix for the developers.

I meant code wise/physically possible.

OpticalHercules
20-08-2015, 22:48
I mean, this Game is played by so many ppl, and still you only find Lobbys that are 2-3 Guys Max when you enter. ...

Really, this game is not played by that many people, relative to other similar games out there.

We know several weeks ago SMS posted their 1 millionth sale. That's 1 million across three distinct systems. Of those 1 million, approx. 35% are Xbox players. So that's 350,000 xbox players worldwide. How many players in the entire world do you expect to be on multiplayer of this particular game at any given time? I think 1% is a very generous number. So now there's 3,500 players worldwide at any given time playing multiplayer. How many of those are in private lobbies? 30-40%? ( I know I never play in public ever anymore and I'm not alone in that, let's split the difference and call it 35% in private lobbies) So that leaves 65% in public lobbies. 3500*0.65=2275. Again, 2,275 players around the globe at any given time. Not a whole lot when you think about it. Now factor in connection requirements and how Xbox will only pair you with connections that will allow the game to actually work. I think it's fair to say that you're only ever capable of being paired with 20% of whatever the available pool is. So 2,275*0.2=455 So now you're looking at 455 players with whom a connection is possible, but are those players already in races, in quals under the time limit, searching like you are? And all of this doesn't factor in the number of purchased copies who no longer play at all.

When you consider all that, the available pool of players for the automatic matchmaking shrinks down VERY quickly. This will all be shown once we have the lobby browser available.

(really, I know that's a whole lot of B.S., but it's very logical B.S., so take it as you will :P )

Hornetvenom
21-08-2015, 00:37
Really, this game is not played by that many people, relative to other similar games out there.

We know several weeks ago SMS posted their 1 millionth sale. That's 1 million across three distinct systems. Of those 1 million, approx. 35% are Xbox players. So that's 350,000 xbox players worldwide. How many players in the entire world do you expect to be on multiplayer of this particular game at any given time? I think 1% is a very generous number. So now there's 3,500 players worldwide at any given time playing multiplayer. How many of those are in private lobbies? 30-40%? ( I know I never play in public ever anymore and I'm not alone in that, let's split the difference and call it 35% in private lobbies) So that leaves 65% in public lobbies. 3500*0.65=2275. Again, 2,275 players around the globe at any given time. Not a whole lot when you think about it. Now factor in connection requirements and how Xbox will only pair you with connections that will allow the game to actually work. I think it's fair to say that you're only ever capable of being paired with 20% of whatever the available pool is. So 2,275*0.2=455 So now you're looking at 455 players with whom a connection is possible, but are those players already in races, in quals under the time limit, searching like you are? And all of this doesn't factor in the number of purchased copies who no longer play at all.

When you consider all that, the available pool of players for the automatic matchmaking shrinks down VERY quickly. This will all be shown once we have the lobby browser available.

(really, I know that's a whole lot of B.S., but it's very logical B.S., so take it as you will :P )

I'm not sure whether to approve of this post due to the ridiculous level of diatribe or to dislike it for the very same reason. Rock/hard place.