PDA

View Full Version : Refresh rate problem

Chappy01
17-08-2015, 09:35
I have a problem, since upgrading to WIN 10, I cannot select 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz anymore. it is no longer available in the menu, only 59hz is offered. My monitor only runs 60hz. I have solved the problem by running in windowed mode, and manually setting the config file to 60hz and making it read only. Problem I have is I am not sure if this is a Win 10 issue or a Nvidia driver issue. Nvidia control centre shows refresh rate is 60hz. I have tried deleting the config file but it will not launch.

Any ideas?

JstnJ
17-08-2015, 20:51
I have a problem, since upgrading to WIN 10, I cannot select 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz anymore. it is no longer available in the menu, only 59hz is offered. My monitor only runs 60hz. I have solved the problem by running in windowed mode, and manually setting the config file to 60hz and making it read only. Problem I have is I am not sure if this is a Win 10 issue or a Nvidia driver issue. Nvidia control centre shows refresh rate is 60hz. I have tried deleting the config file but it will not launch.

Any ideas?

It's most likely a rounding issue. Search 59mhz refresh rates on google and you will see other people with the problem. One option is to create a custom resolution with a 60.001 refresh rate. YMMV. It has little effect on performance as the vSync will sync to the refresh rate.