PDA

View Full Version : [YES] Does Pcars simulate dirty air flow?

Muzza
17-08-2015, 13:17
I was wondering if anyone knows for a fact that this game simulates a loss of Aerodynamic performance when following another car? I feel like i'm losing grip when chasing an opponent but I'm not sure if this is just a tyre wear factor or other things or Aero performance being effected due to the air flow being unstable.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

TrevorAustin
17-08-2015, 13:20
It simulates air flow from up to 3 cars in front of you.

Bealdor
17-08-2015, 13:21
Yes, "dirty air" is simulated and taken into account for aerodynamics calculations.

Edit: Ninja'd

Muzza
17-08-2015, 13:25
Okay cheers for the answers. 3 cars in front of you is pretty impressive if I must say. I assumed it would just be the one. The more you know eh.

justonce68
17-08-2015, 13:29
you will notice if you are following someone closely through a corner you will wash out, a bit like understeer

Muzza
17-08-2015, 13:31
you will notice if you are following someone closely through a corner you will wash out, a bit like understeer

Yeah I do notice this especially on cars that depend on Aero (Formula cars, LMP..etc). Just wasn't sure if it was being simulated.

danowat
17-08-2015, 13:32

You do indeed, but I wonder if it's a "global" affect, or affects different cars differently, because I am sure I can feel it just as much in cars with minimal downforce (road cars), compared to those with a lot of aero parts.

mpadula
17-08-2015, 15:56

Definitely noticeable.

DECATUR PLAYA
17-08-2015, 16:20
Been wondering about this. Watched the nascar guys at Michigan yesterday and they was talking about dirty air. I have been feeling on the track but wasn't sure. This makes it even more important to get out front. I noticed driving in the lead your car handles the best but driving mid pack you get some weird feels from your race car.

hkraft300
17-08-2015, 16:33
I feel it differently for different cars.
Massive draft effect on some cars, less on others.
Try the slip streaming/drafting in the FGulf - you lose so much grip behind another car like as if the brakes don't work!

DECATUR PLAYA
17-08-2015, 18:29
I feel it differently for different cars.
Massive draft effect on some cars, less on others.
Try the slip streaming/drafting in the FGulf - you lose so much grip behind another car like as if the brakes don't work!

Your right where as the Ford mustang trans am almost stays glued to the other car but with some cars you can hit brakes going into a corner and just for an instance nothing. The effect from 2 cars side by side in front of you is even crazier.