PDA

View Full Version : (Gauging Interest) An idea i had...

Megalomanic87
17-08-2015, 15:20
Hi everyone.

As like most of you, i've been playing Project Cars quite a lot since release, overseeing the minor bugs in an otherwise fun and very addictive racer.
I know upcoming patches are making the game more stable online and being able to fill up lobbies is being made easier.

SO this popped into my mind. It's a bit ambitious if i'm being honest, but i think we could make it work. As a community! :)

A charity event where the players will race the LeMans 24h. In REAL TIME.
Well, yes, the idea was to create an event where we would all come together on different platforms and do this, stream it, show the world, viewers put in donations, help people. I admit it's a task that would be pretty difficult for most of us, but it would be for a fantastic cause.

Forgive me for posting out loud but i thought this would be a great idea to help people and do the things we enjoy at the same time and maybe the Devs could get involved too??

What does everyone think? Too big a task? Or Doable?
Or am i being an over enthusiastic moron? :P :P

Cheers!

Plato99
17-08-2015, 15:32
Great idea. Once we have a platform and internet infrastructure that can guarantee success.
Love the concept. Would be great fun!

MrLiister
17-08-2015, 15:46
I like the idea but could get kinda messy like who will decide what charity, how will we independently run the race and stream it etc.. Or did you mean actually getting together and swapping drivers? Also 24 hours isn't actually that long or much of a task, heck you would only need 24 people for an hour each. Don't get me wrong anything for charity is good plus we get to do something we enjoy and there are charity sites out there that take a lot of the hassle out of it too.

Interested to see where this goes!

Megalomanic87
17-08-2015, 19:19
I'm not sure how it'd work, it'd be good to get a meet up ( games done quick) style.
But i'm sure it could work over Xbox live too, with a few people streaming per lobby, although i'm not sure how connections would cope with streaming AND racing.

A charity could be discussed, though each lobby or system could race for a different charity!

llll DEMON IIII
17-08-2015, 19:29
Good idea. I'd participate. I wouldn't want to organize anything.... But I'm willing to turn up, race around and give some money.
Maybe the charity could be for those poor little kids around that don't have a Xbox One, Project CARS, a full wheel setup .... makes me sad just thinking about it. I mean what kind of life is that?!

OpticalHercules
17-08-2015, 20:06
I'm not sure how it'd work, it'd be good to get a meet up ( games done quick) style.
But i'm sure it could work over Xbox live too, with a few people streaming per lobby, although i'm not sure how connections would cope with streaming AND racing.

A charity could be discussed, though each lobby or system could race for a different charity!

Could always ask SMS to create a poll of various charities and have either each system vote independently or all together if it's just for one charity. What about having different "teams" support different charities. Also, if this got as big as it seems you would like it, would it not be possible to have SMS create a special event kind of Community Event for this, where you would either be teamed up with people for your charity, partial lobbies, or even solo, then either have the individual users strem with twitch or somehow have SMS broadcast various connections. There's a whole lot of "what-ifs" and nebulous ideas that could be thrown into this. Even better would be to perhaps sync this event with the whole 24hour of LeMans, like have this run the week before the real race next year, and have official sanction and support from FIA/WEC.

MrLiister
17-08-2015, 20:16
Nice music btw Mega :)

Umer Ahmad
17-08-2015, 20:50
This happened already once during the WMD days. I'll see if i can find link

Edit: http://www.gn-uk.co.uk/24-hour-charity-race-live-blog/

Megalomanic87
18-08-2015, 14:51
Nice, so at least we have an idea on how to set up such an event!
What's stopping us hosting events like this every month or so? It would be a great way of raising money and enjoying ourselves at the same time. It's something definitely worth considering :).

Nice music btw Mega :)

MrLiister
18-08-2015, 15:02
A monthly event sounds good if we can do from our homes, no idea how it works though. Keep going with this, hopefully there will be interest from others too, I'm in.

justonce68
18-08-2015, 15:28
I'd be interested

Beltoon
18-08-2015, 15:33
I thought SMS was the charity. We all contributed so SMS can continue finishing pCARS.

ot: fun idea, lots of work. Racegames aren't populair on sites like Twitch. You'll probably earn more money when you put a blond babe with bunny ears in front of a webcam playing Hello Kitty: My Adventure Island II.