PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One VS PC (Patch 3.0)

djbuzz07
17-08-2015, 19:43
Yesterday I finally took the plunge and purchased project cars for the PC, I already own it on the xbox one and it was worth the £29 ish I managed to buy it for.

I own a pretty old PC
FX 6300
HD 7750
8gb Ram

In very rough terms it's about the same spec as an xbox one at least the GPU is once overclocked, the real difference between the xbox and PC is you get a whole lot more GFX options so you can tinker with the setting to get better framerates. (if anything the HD 7750 is worse than the Xbox 1, so to run my test I had to turn AA off)

The pc version had patch 3.0 and the FFB (TX wheel) was much better, seemed quicker and transmitted more info, it worked out the box, FFB was a bit strong dial back the master scale done, I even think I could feel understeer!

The tyre wear and info displaying what tyres you have fitted is great (although I can't believe this was not in the game from day one) as it the automatic fuel calculation.

Looking forward to patch 3.0 on the XB1, now trying to convince myself that I need a new gaming PC, Project Cars would look stunning if I could turn up the setting.

Can't be long to wait.......

Machinist90
17-08-2015, 19:50
Yesterday I finally took the plunge and purchased project cars for the PC, I already own it on the xbox one and it was worth the £29 ish I managed to buy it for.

I own a pretty old PC
FX 6300
HD 7750
8gb Ram

In very rough terms it's about the same spec as an xbox one at least the GPU is once overclocked, the real difference between the xbox and PC is you get a whole lot more GFX options so you can tinker with the setting to get better framerates. (if anything the HD 7750 is worse than the Xbox 1, so to run my test I had to turn AA off)

The pc version had patch 3.0 and the FFB (TX wheel) was much better, seemed quicker and transmitted more info, it worked out the box, FFB was a bit strong dial back the master scale done, I even think I could feel understeer!

The tyre wear and info displaying what tyres you have fitted is great (although I can't believe this was not in the game from day one) as it the automatic fuel calculation.

Looking forward to patch 3.0 on the XB1, now trying to convince myself that I need a new gaming PC, Project Cars would look stunning if I could turn up the setting.

I did the same thing and bought a gaming rig,totally worth it for me,looks great,plays great,no delays in patches,it felt like a new game to me

djbuzz07
17-08-2015, 20:13
I did the same thing and bought a gaming rig,totally worth it for me,looks great,plays great,no delays in patches,it felt like a new game to me

Where did you buy it, how much, what setting can it run & at what resolution?

I assume it the PC in your signature?:
Intel Core i7 quad core 4790K 4GHZ/4,4GHZ turbo,16GB RAM,NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 4GB,128GB SSD 1TB HDD internal 3TB HDD external

Machinist90
17-08-2015, 20:15
where did you buy it and how much, what setting does this let you run & at what resolution?

bought it online,prebuild msi nightblade z97-015eu,runs all max besides grass "medium",resolution 1920x1080

AdM1
17-08-2015, 20:28
Nice to see a forward step to PC rather than the sidestep some make to PS4.

Enjoy :).

Malcstar
17-08-2015, 20:30
Damn, 30 bucks a good price. I also made the plunge but at $50 for my mid 2011 iMac via bootcamp. Specs: i5 2200 (I think) 3.1 ghz amd 6970m 1gb, 12gb ram. Definitely not the greatest, surprisingly it is pretty playable. Can run 55 - 60fps with medium to low settings @ 900p. It looks somewhere in between the One and 360.

Gameplay wise there is something about the stock setups that feel a bit better. I don't understeer as much and the braking in corners feels more manageable. On the xbone with stock setup for most of the cars braking in mid corners adds more to my understeer. The radical RS (my favorite) feels a bit looser as I can accelerate to force a the back end to step out when I need to, or it could just be me getting better, I dunno. I do most of my racing on Watkins glen and brands hatch, I like fast corners good to see what the car is made of.

FFB feels consistent at default which is 75 using TX. I didn't notice any weakening with default, briefly spent time with classic mode and it felt pretty weird so I changed it back. Still need to play some more to be sure.

Gavin Thomas
17-08-2015, 20:54
now trying to convince myself that I need a new gaming PC, Project Cars would look stunning if I could turn up the setting.

Do it, upgrade!

I was running a 6100 with a 7950 up until a month ago.
It was great, I could run project cars at a stable 30+ FPS with settings mostly on medium and low.

Then I upgraded my CPU, got a bit of a bump in FPS from that which was nice.
But man changing my GPU to a GTX 980, WOW! running pretty much every thing on Ultra now and the game looks fantastic!
Frame rates? consistently over 60 and a lot of the time over 100 FPS.

So from my own experience I'd say, upgrade, you won't regret it at all! :D

TrevorAustin
17-08-2015, 21:53

I did exactly the same, sold my xbox one and it didn't even buy my processor or graphics card, lol.

Don't regret a penny, although I do sort of regret the rift purchase, it was so great to start with and has dropped off a lot. But the game and what you can do with it on the PC is incredible.

jonnyyoung2013
18-08-2015, 11:48
I was running Pcars on the Xbox One but have jumped ship and am waiting for my new Asus ROG G20AJ gaming rig to arrive.

Intel™ Core® i7 4790 3.6 GHz processor, 1TB hard drive, 12GB DDR3 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 2GB graphic memory, Windows 8.1 Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free, DVD player/recorder, 2 x USB 3.0, 4 x USB 2.0 and Bundled with wired keyboard and mouse.

Part of the reason was I want to play Iracing but mostly it's because Mickysoft are staring to annoy me with how long behind other systems they are taking to release patches etc.

MrLiister
18-08-2015, 15:22
Intel™ Core® i7 4790 3.6 GHz processor, 1TB hard drive, 12GB DDR3 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 2GB graphic memory, Windows 8.1 Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free, DVD player/recorder, 2 x USB 3.0, 4 x USB 2.0 and Bundled with wired keyboard and mouse.

Would you care to say how much this is costing you and from where? The more I think about this the more I want to do the same. Would have to 100% PCARS on the Xbox first mind :)

jonnyyoung2013
18-08-2015, 15:39
I've bought it locally in Sheffield (said they had no interest from anyone so would do it cheaper) and paid £950 just gotta get a day to collect it from the shop now. Could build a base unit system for around the same if not less yourself but I need a small one for space.

MrLiister
18-08-2015, 15:53
Thanks Jonny, please let me know how it runs and what graphics settings you can achieve with the GTX 750 when it arrives. I could get a GTX 750 for less than a ton and GTX 750 TI for a little over, i'm still paying up my Tx wheel and the T3PA pedals are next on the list... maybe!

OpticalHercules
18-08-2015, 16:14
Could someone tell me what kind of graphics I could expect on PC vs XbOne? I am considering buying it once I'm able to get a TX, but if I get the TX I definitely wont have the fund to upgrade my video. Current PC is AMD FX (3.5ghz 6core, I think that's the 6300), 16gigs ram, 6gbps SDD for games, video is Radeon HD R7850 1gig DDR5.

I know I can fine tune the graphics on PC, but if I won't be able to at least match the graphics without investing another $300+ in a video card on top of the TX wheel, what's the point of buying?

edit: I only want to know about graphics at 1080p resolution. Not interested in lower resolution, and not willing to invest enough to go higher.

leithnow
18-08-2015, 16:39
I have a 750 ti with a i5 3.1 ghz. Bought it off a friend in Cali who builds them for YouTube videos, so got it a really good price. Runs PCARS and Witcher 3 superbly. Can't max out the graphics, but can get them pretty high up there and maintain a smooth fps even in the most demanding situations (tested in heavy rain with 32 cars).

PC definitely the way to go. Looks amazing. Everything loads soooooo much faster. Totally better experience than xbox one.

leithnow
18-08-2015, 16:41
Have no idea what the guy who build it did to it. I have no idea how to overclock anything or if that had been done to cpu or gpu, but damn does it run sweet.

leithnow
18-08-2015, 16:46
Hereare the settings I can get away with on my rig:
1080p at 59hz
High texture res
Anisotropic 16x Texture filtering
Vysnc on
Anti aliasing Msaa
Fxaa off
Smaa Ultra
Reflections high
Environment map high
Car detail ultra
Track detail ultra
Shadow detail high
Motion blur still deciding what I like
Render frames ahead 1
Detailed grass high
Particle level and density medium
No stretched headlight reflections, cuz who cares?

MrLiister
18-08-2015, 16:51
This thread is gonna cost me a fortune I can see it now...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-Graphics-Card-2GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-3-0-/161797216436?hash=item25abdd98b4 So tempting...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-Graphics-Card-Brand-New-/181836252296?hash=item2a56490488 Even better... New!

Mbondracing
19-08-2015, 23:30
Just took the plunge and ordered a PC, mostly for project cars but needed to replace an old laptop anyway. Excited now!!

Hefferzzzz
20-08-2015, 10:52
Would love to blow a stack on a new PC. Scan/3XS have some pretty sweet ones. Has anyone got any recent side by side video for Xbone vs PC ? The only ones I can seem to find on yootoob are 3 mths old :(

Machinist90
20-08-2015, 11:39
Would love to blow a stack on a new PC. Scan/3XS have some pretty sweet ones. Has anyone got any recent side by side video for Xbone vs PC ? The only ones I can seem to find on yootoob are 3 mths old :(

why does that matter? it still looks the same besides the rain effects

Raven403
20-08-2015, 13:07

Yeahhhh, xbox hasn't gotten that much better, and watch a video of Pcars on Ultra in 1080p on a PC no comparison

OpticalHercules
20-08-2015, 14:27
Yeahhhh, xbox hasn't gotten that much better, and watch a video of Pcars on Ultra in 1080p on a PC no comparison

Obviously PC ultra 1080p is no comparison to an Xbox. But you're only going to get full ultra using CrossFire or SLI with two very modern cards, minimum investment of $500 just in graphics cards, never mind the rest of the PC. What about side by side comparisons on single high end graphics cards from 18-24 months ago, that may be in the <$150 range right now? I know that won't come close to Ultra graphics, might not even meet Medium standards depending on the rest of the PC, but that is where the majority of PC users are. There will always be the portion of players who stay on top using the best and latest graphics. Something like a GTX660 Ti, or a late 78xx/79xx/early 8xxx series Radeon?

Machinist90
20-08-2015, 14:32
Obviously PC ultra 1080p is no comparison to an Xbox. But you're only going to get full ultra using CrossFire or SLI with two very modern cards, minimum investment of $500 just in graphics cards, never mind the rest of the PC. What about side by side comparisons on single high end graphics cards from 18-24 months ago, that may be in the <$150 range right now? I know that won't come close to Ultra graphics, might not even meet Medium standards depending on the rest of the PC, but that is where the majority of PC users are. There will always be the portion of players who stay on top using the best and latest graphics. Something like a GTX660 Ti, or a late 78xx/79xx/early 8xxx series Radeon?

just one GTX980 no sli,runs ultra just fine

OpticalHercules
20-08-2015, 15:30
just one GTX980 no sli,runs ultra just fine

Of which the cheapest one on the market is $575 by itself and some are in the $725 range for your 4gig card from your sig. Add in the ~$300 processor you're using, and I would expect it to run Ultra by itself.

That doesn't answer my question. What kind of graphics can someone building a "decent" machine that can handle most games at fairly high ranges, with vid, mobo, proc, ram adding up to $500-600 expect. The most expensive component in my machine is my 2 year old Radeon HD R7850 which cost about $230 at the time of purchase can still run games like Diablo3, World of Warcraft, Civ5, Tropico5, Skyrim, FFXIV:ARR all at max settings. Of those, only FFXIV taxes the system in certain situations.

Machinist90
20-08-2015, 15:38
Of which the cheapest one on the market is $575 by itself and some are in the $725 range for your 4gig card from your sig. Add in the ~$300 processor you're using, and I would expect it to run Ultra by itself.

That doesn't answer my question. What kind of graphics can someone building a "decent" machine that can handle most games at fairly high ranges, with vid, mobo, proc, ram adding up to $500-600 expect. The most expensive component in my machine is my 2 year old Radeon HD R7850 which cost about $230 at the time of purchase can still run games like Diablo3, World of Warcraft, Civ5, Tropico5, Skyrim, FFXIV:ARR all at max settings. Of those, only FFXIV taxes the system in certain situations.

not a clue,bought mine prebuilt,not enough knowledge or time to build one myself so no idea if you can build anything decent for 500-600$

OpticalHercules
20-08-2015, 15:43
Can easily build a decent machine for that price range if you don't include items like power supply, case, and hard drives which I usually roll over from previous builds. For that price I've run all the games I mentioned above at max settings. Also Bioshock Infinite, though I don't know how much that game taxes anything. I'm just curious what kind of side-by-side graphics can be expected from something that isn't an ultra/uber machine by today's standards in comparison to an xbox.

I most definitely will not ever purchase a single video card at the price where I could buy two xboxes.

Raven403
20-08-2015, 16:40
I'm using an Intel i7 3.2, Nvidia GTX 680 from like 3 years ago and I run 900p right at Xbox spec pretty much, maybe just a tad better looking with lighting effects. But basically the same as what you see on Xbox

Edit: On a 50" tv as my monitor.

cosmicamnesia
20-08-2015, 17:19
I recently switched from XBONE to a high end gaming PC and I will probably never look back. DO IT! At first, I was looking at getting a giant desktop rig, but my current situation requires that my rig be at least a little mobile. It's a custom Digital Storm Behemoth 17.3" desktop replacement. I'm running an i7 4890 with two 8gb GTX 980m's in SLI, 32 gigs of RAM, 1TB hard drive, 256GB SSD, external cooling as well as the Behemoth's already incredible cooling design, and an external GPU on the way which I'm going to run through the thunderbolt 2 port (I want maximum 4k performance). These specs are certainly overkill for 1080p (I'm averaging 120+ fps with everything maxed all the way to Ultra) and the screen can barely keep up with it without V-Sync enabled, so when I'm home I use an external 1440p monitor as the only screen and I am blown away every time. These resolutions are truly what next gen is about, and consoles can't even come close. I'm used to my xbone struggling to maintain performance, but with my PC the performance never ends. Oh, and in addition to pCars being a whole new game on PC, there's also Dirt Rally, which in itself is worth all the money you have to play. This generation of PC racing sims is simply off the charts.

Malcstar
20-08-2015, 19:10
Like overkill. But I would also target 1440p as the deciding factor when I build my rig.

John Hargreaves
20-08-2015, 20:34
I think the 970 currently hits the sweet spot between price and performance. The differences between the IQ settings possible with this card and ones that cost twice as much are subtle. I‘ve been eyeing up the 980ti but it‘s hard to justify that kind of outlay when performance with the 970 is already pretty good.

Raven403
20-08-2015, 21:02
I think the 970 currently hits the sweet spot between price and performance. The differences between the IQ settings possible with this card and ones that cost twice as much are subtle. I‘ve been eyeing up the 980ti but it‘s hard to justify that kind of outlay when performance with the 970 is already pretty good.

That's the card I've been looking to upgrade too. I use my 50" tv as a monitor as I said, but I'd like to add a smaller second screen to run Telemetry. 970 should be just fine. I'll add it to the wish list.

MrLiister
21-08-2015, 11:01
The GTX 970 is a realy good buy considering the Approx. prices below from Amazon and the Relative GPU Performance chart.

GTX 980 £400
GTX 970 £270
GTX 780 Ti £400
GTX 780 £300
GTX 750 Ti £100

derekthetree
21-08-2015, 13:27
So here's a question related to this topic.

I've been trying to love PCars on Xbone, however lack of multiplayer settings, lack of friends playing, single player AI, weather and pit setup saving has made it very hard.

I do have a quite good computer (I74770k and GTX970) and a wheel (old logitech from GTR2 days). Do I give up on Xbone and switch to PCars on PC, with FM6 to pick up my console racing itch??

Raven403
21-08-2015, 13:29
So here's a question related to this topic.

I've been trying to love PCars on Xbone, however lack of multiplayer settings, lack of friends playing, single player AI, weather and pit setup saving has made it very hard.

I do have a quite good computer (I74770k and GTX970) and a wheel (old logitech from GTR2 days). Do I give up on Xbone and switch to PCars on PC, with FM6 to pick up my console racing itch??

Honestly? It's a way better experience on PC. I have both. Only reason I'm still mostly on Xbox is cuz of my league/friends

Not to mention if u have a decent rig it looks way better too

derekthetree
21-08-2015, 13:38
Hmm so an extra £20 for a PC copy might be the way to go... will give it some thought.

Thanks

Raven403
21-08-2015, 13:53
Hmm so an extra £20 for a PC copy might be the way to go... will give it some thought.

Thanks

My honest opinion is if there is nothing holding you to Xbox, Just do it. You'll probably actually ENJOY the game rather than constantly suffer frustration. Not only that you can run Telemetry apps with it and get sweet detailed info too. Not to mention download custom liveries if you want to.

MrLiister
21-08-2015, 14:03
My honest opinion is if there is nothing holding you to Xbox, Just do it. You'll probably actually ENJOY the game rather than constantly suffer frustration. Not only that you can run Telemetry apps with it and get sweet detailed info too. Not to mention download custom liveries if you want to.

Please stop I can't afford an upgrade yet and I'm edging closer and closer to jumping to PC. Would do it today if I could!

Raven403
21-08-2015, 14:06
Please stop I can't afford an upgrade yet and I'm edging closer and closer to jumping to PC. Would do it today if I could!

ha Im talking to derek Liister, Earmuffs man.

In your case id say dont go spending hundreds upgrading your PC just to play Project Cars dude. If its something your doing ANYWAY thats different but dont do it just for that lol

derekthetree
21-08-2015, 14:24
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd go for £500+ just to play it! I bought mine for Battlefield 4, but don't actually play it that much now... PCars would give it a proper runout I think

PTG Ty1er Ward
21-08-2015, 14:33
Honestly? It's a way better experience on PC. I have both. Only reason I'm still mostly on Xbox is cuz of my league/friends

Not to mention if u have a decent rig it looks way better too

LOL- I'm in the same boat. It's actually the main reason I'm excited for FM6. Most of my Xbox friends will switch to Forza for the majority of their time which means which less time with PCars on the Xbox for me (YAY).

OpticalHercules
21-08-2015, 15:11

Thank you for this graph. Since I know my Radeon graphics are comparable to the GTX 660Ti/670 from 2 years ago (same price point, competitive products), I can estimate what I can expect from my system by references from other players settings using whatever card they are using. It would be almost equal to today's 950 but lacking in the memory department.4 That, in a way, answers the questions I had asked earlier in the thread.

MrLiister
21-08-2015, 15:37
ha Im talking to derek Liister, Earmuffs man.

In your case id say dont go spending hundreds upgrading your PC just to play Project Cars dude. If its something your doing ANYWAY thats different but dont do it just for that lol

Lol I dunno definitely couldn't justify £500+ but £250ish maybe if it meant lush ultra visuals, and it would also open up Assetto Corsa which I quite fancy.

MrLiister
21-08-2015, 16:09
Another good comparison... I really should stop looking, it's breaking my heart!

http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/compare-buy-gpus

Raven403
21-08-2015, 20:59
Nice graphs Liister thanks for posting!

Assetto Corsa is ok, no where near as pretty as Pcars and the UI is clumsy

Gloomy
23-08-2015, 13:01
I've been debating getting a gaming pc for a couple years now. I had one about 12 years ago a co worker at that time help me put together but I never upgraded it.
I've put together a build that'll run me about 1500$. I don't want to go overboard, but I don't want to cheap out on it either. I'll be using my 55 in HDTV so I don't need it to do anything more than 1080p at max setting with a solid 60+ fps. It'll be mostly for project cars, but I always wanted to get into some flight Sims too.
I get a big bonus next month so hopefully I'll finally go for it.

STEELJOCKEY
24-08-2015, 04:51
Bought myself a Dell Alpha to replace my ole laptop, as it wouldn't even run Assetto Corsa. Bought the i7 model, probably would have been better off with the i3 and doing ram upgrade or just getting the i5, but I'm lazy. Did an SSD upgrade though, using the 2tb as back up and for games and other files. It should run fine at 1080p, probably not ultra settings, but better than the Xbox. Runs straight into my 55" Panasonic telly.

So today I've bit the bullet and bought a Steam version of pCars, looking forward to playing it when it's downloaded and seeing the difference between it and the Xbox version (since 3.0 is still coming - sometime). And also so I can use some of those apps to check telemetry etc.

I'll still do a lot on the xbox, got some good mates there and a league running a championship. But might meet some new ones here and get some tips for tuning etc.

MrLiister
24-08-2015, 09:58
Nice one STEELJOCKEY, looks pretty sweet. I assume the graphics card is something like the GTX 960? Please post up how it runs and what settings you can achieve, those telemetry apps are what I'm really missing.

Lethal 556
24-08-2015, 12:37
Little help please? I'm not a big computer guy as far as understanding computer specs so searching for some sound advice please. That being said, I have a gateway nv52 laptop that I would love to be able to play Pcars on as I'm irritated with xbox version. These are my current specs and would like advice on a graphics card for a LAPTOP that will run Pcars comfortably. Thanks in advance!

AMD
CPU modelTurion X2 Dual-Core Model RM-72
Processor speed2.1 GHz
Dual-core
Radeon HD 3200 graphics card

MrLiister
24-08-2015, 13:11
Little help please? I'm not a big computer guy as far as understanding computer specs so searching for some sound advice please. That being said, I have a gateway nv52 laptop that I would love to be able to play Pcars on as I'm irritated with xbox version. These are my current specs and would like advice on a graphics card for a LAPTOP that will run Pcars comfortably. Thanks in advance!

AMD
CPU modelTurion X2 Dual-Core Model RM-72
Processor speed2.1 GHz
Dual-core
Radeon HD 3200 graphics card

Hi Lethal, doesn't look like your current laptop meets the minimum specs in the processor or graphics department and you haven't stated the memory you have. I wouldn't recommend upgrading your laptop graphics card even if you can.

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 9.0
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Additional Notes: For racing wheel support check: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Additional Notes: For racing wheel support check: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Lethal 556
24-08-2015, 13:53
Ok Thanks MrLiister my processor is 4GB. being that I know nothing about processors therefor don't know what to shop for I may just take my laptop in to bestbuy geeksquad and see if they can fit my laptop for an upgrade

OpticalHercules
24-08-2015, 14:36
Your ram is 4gigs, your processor is 2.1ghz 2core, and an energy efficient Laptop model, not a performance-geared model. Besides, your motherboard is an AMD Socket S1, which REALLY limits your upgrade options. About the best upgrade you could hope for would be an AMD Phenom II 2.4ghz quad core ( http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20Quad-Core%20Mobile%20X940%20Black%20Edition%20-%20HMX940HIR42GM.html ) Which is still below minimum spec (minimum being the 3.0ghz Phenom II quad core that is only for AMD Socket AM3, and out of production)

Your only option using the same machine is to scour ebay/second-hand parts retailers and try to find a motherboard/processor replacement set that is made for your specific laptop so that the internals fit. If there is something out there, you will likely be spending between $150-$300 for those items, and still your machine will be marginal at best to run this simply because of the age of the design of your laptop. There won't be any top of the line mobos that fit your laptop's internal layout.

Lethal 556
24-08-2015, 16:16
Thanks for the in-depth response Hercules. Looks like I will just have to give my laptop to my daughter and buy myself a new rig!

STEELJOCKEY
24-08-2015, 20:22
Nice one STEELJOCKEY, looks pretty sweet. I assume the graphics card is something like the GTX 960? Please post up how it runs and what settings you can achieve, those telemetry apps are what I'm really missing.

The graphics card is a GTX 860M, equivalent to a GTX 750ti, but supposedly wound up a bit more by Dell, has its own dedicated 2gb DDR5 ram, meant to run at 1080p 60hz.

Steam still downloading pCars, servers seem real slow at the moment. Not sure if I have to then download the latest patch when it's finished, or game includes latest update. I'll see when I get home. Then play and test.

STEELJOCKEY
25-08-2015, 22:36
Runs a steady 60FPS on high settings, on ultra with 36 cars on the track at Dubai still ran close to 60FPS. Doesn't like Monaco, some place it would run 60, others parts of the track dropped down to 45, on high. On ultra I was getting down to 30 at Monaco, without other cars. Too Mach happening on the screen I think. But I'm happy with it.

Other note, now I'm on patch 3.0, FFB definitely softer than the Xbox, default settings had the wheel clipping all the time, classic wheel settings stopped this, but had to wind the default FFB scale up to from 75 to 100. Still feels too soft for me. Funny though, when I look at the settings, none of the sliders seem to change values between classic and default.

PTG Ty1er Ward
26-08-2015, 01:32
Runs a steady 60FPS on high settings, on ultra with 36 cars on the track at Dubai still ran close to 60FPS. Doesn't like Monaco, some place it would run 60, others parts of the track dropped down to 45, on high. On ultra I was getting down to 30 at Monaco, without other cars. Too Mach happening on the screen I think. But I'm happy with it.

Other note, now I'm on patch 3.0, FFB definitely softer than the Xbox, default settings had the wheel clipping all the time, classic wheel settings stopped this, but had to wind the default FFB scale up to from 75 to 100. Still feels too soft for me. Funny though, when I look at the settings, none of the sliders seem to change values between classic and default.

The only difference between classic and default is the the steering gain being 1.0 (classic) or 3.0 (insane) (oops I mean "default" ;) ) any changes you make become a new "custom" choice/setting so you have Custom/Classic/Default. It feels "soft" to you because Xbox has had a 3.0 steering gain since 1.4. Play with it a bit to your liking (1.21 is my happy place). Welcome to the club, and expect to be just a tiny bit slower timewise on PC for reasons I havent fully figured out yet

STEELJOCKEY
26-08-2015, 05:41
So 1.21 is FFB master scale, not tyre force you're talking about?

Noticed I seem a bit slower on the PC version. Did a TT in Formula Gulf last night at Dubai International, clocked a 1:38.2, back on the Xbox in TT managed a 1.37.3, and practice got it down to a 1.36.8. Not sure whether that's difference between patch 2.0 and 3.0, or platforms.

PTG Ty1er Ward
26-08-2015, 11:57
No- "Steering Gain" is steering gain. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the "calibrate FFB" menu :)

I've had the time difference thing since Day 1 and I've not run a faster time on PC even once. I always have all assists forced Off so it can't be one of those settings being more helpful on a particular platform. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't matter much in the big picture of things. I was just letting you know so you weren't trying to "fix" something I don't think you can fix.

Edit- the Steam leaderboard is instant, but this one is searchable/sortable: http://54.77.76.11/ it only updates every 24 hours though. There is also http://projectcarsstats.com if you were familiar with ForzaStats.

PTG Ty1er Ward
26-08-2015, 13:13
Here are my current TX settings (still a WIP). I gave up on Jacks car tweaker files when 1.4 released (not because of him) but I'm back to using them again- V2.0-standard/classic. The only thing I manually edit in the XML are the Arm Angles (you don't have to). My tmcp is 63- 100/100/100/100. The Damper and Spring numbers don't matter because I run 0 Damper in the game FFB and Jacks files disable the spring (dynamicspring) anyway. If you don't use Jacks files then set the spring to 0.

Game FFB 100
TF 100
PerWM -0.04
PerSQR +0.04
PosSmth 0.07
DZR 0.12
DZF 0.03
Linkage 0
RAG 1.19 (WIP)
RAB 0.15 (WIP)
RAC 1.74 (WIP)
ScpKnee 0
ScRed 0
Clipper half 1.39 (WIP)
Clipper full 1.20 (WIP) (this doesn't make sense I know)
Menu spring- 0.40 your choice
Low speed coefficient 0.92
Saturation 0.50
Steering Gain 1.21

IMHO warning :) - the main signal compression should come from the Soft clipping/Relative and scoop is a fine-tuning tool and used last if even used at all, like I said it's all still a WIP.

STEELJOCKEY
26-08-2015, 21:22
Thanks about the gain. Thought that's what you might have been talking about after I posted.

Not using Jacks files myself, though I will look at what you've adjusted and see how it feels. Currently what I'm running with on the Xbox feels good, if I can get that on the PC I'll be happy.

PTG Ty1er Ward
26-08-2015, 22:51
Your Dubai Int 1:38.2 is a solid lap (I slapped something together and ran a few behind you). Didn't really surprise me to see you at #1 combo, I sort of had the feeling (there's an handful of others here as well that I've not cross paths with in other titles but I think their probably pretty quick).

Heehaw4x4
27-08-2015, 00:01
how much for a pc console? I saw on the internet the other day a guy had a gameing pc that looked like some futuristic s@@@ said it cost him 11,000 us dollars. also my nephew be gamming on his laptop.
I know you don't have to pay that much for one but I feel like I have to keep upgrading stuff on it to stay in with the crowd. I assume just get a ps4 be done with it.

STEELJOCKEY
27-08-2015, 00:09
How much??!! $11000US. I hope you put in too many zeros otherwise he got ripped off!

Heehaw4x4
27-08-2015, 00:12
eleven thousand dollars. i see if i can find that link for you, hold on

here you go
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2940412/batman-arkham-knight-how-bad-are-the-issues-pretty-bad.html

STEELJOCKEY
31-08-2015, 03:10
So much for spending that money, obviously no better than a machine a tenth that price.

Anyway, finally got my time to a more respectable 1:37.5 on the pc with Formula Gulf at Dubai International, much closer to the xbox version. Even managed a 1:37.2, but went the tiniest bit wide on one corner and fluffed it - track limits seriously unforgiving on the pc. Tyre pressures completely different between both platforms too, in an attempt to get temps right. Need much softer tyres on the pc version. Also pumping up steering gain to 1.21 didn't make much difference, so upped it to 1.35, still no real increase in FFB strength. Might have to look at FFB master scale I think to pump up the strength.