PDA

View Full Version : " defending champion " trophy? What tier is the fastest?

0racle
18-08-2015, 01:10
I need to win a series/season 4 times in a row. What is the FASTEST way to do this? The gt3 seasons last forever so I need to stitch and get this done asap

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 07:39
AFAIK you need to do this in Tier 2 or above. That means GT3 series won't work anyway.
The shortest series seems to be the LMP2 with 3 local and 4 global races.

0racle
18-08-2015, 13:07
How about the fa series length?

Thanks

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 13:09
How about the fa series length?

Thanks

19 races ;)

BCFCBristolRed
18-08-2015, 13:29
I did it with LMP1 series on mine. I guess if you race at minimum distance it'd go pretty darn quick.

Bealdor
18-08-2015, 13:46
I did it with LMP1 series on mine. I guess if you race at minimum distance it'd go pretty darn quick.

LMP1 series has pretty short races anyway even at 100% length (15mins+20mins).

BCFCBristolRed
18-08-2015, 13:59
LMP1 series has pretty short races anyway even at 100% length (15mins+20mins).

Yeah certainly didn't take me long at half length.

breyzipp
26-04-2017, 18:54
Doing this now in LMP2, I think that's fastest since it has fewer races for the championships.

FS7
26-04-2017, 20:22
I did it in LMP2, it's the fastest way to win that trophy.

dault3883
26-04-2017, 20:34
AFAIK you need to do this in Tier 2 or above. That means GT3 series won't work anyway.
The shortest series seems to be the LMP2 with 3 local and 4 global races.

so i cant get the double rainbow and the defending champ goals in GT3

Leper Messiah
27-04-2017, 19:43
so i cant get the double rainbow and the defending champ goals in GT3

Not defending champ no, that needs to be tier 2 as mentioned which is lmp2 and above and I presume FB or FA (not sure about the latter 2)....I did this in LMP2, just make sure you do the same regional championship 1st every time as well.

FS7
27-04-2017, 21:34
Not defending champ no, that needs to be tier 2 as mentioned which is lmp2 and above and I presume FB or FA (not sure about the latter 2)....I did this in LMP2, just make sure you do the same regional championship 1st every time as well.
FB is tier 3, defending champ has to be in either FA, endurance, LMP2 or LMP1; LMP2 is the fastest way to get the trophy.

breyzipp
01-05-2017, 11:24

Euh I switched between 2 and that was fine. You can also switch contracts and drive a different LMP2 car, works as well.

There is even a weird bug. I was bypassing the regional championship completely (forfait all 3 races) to speed through it faster. Little did I know the following world championship wouldn't even start for me. :P So yeah now I realize the world championship takes the top 10 (I think) from both regional races. But... that didn't count as a fail, when I started a new season afterwards my progress of that x/3 for defending championship just picked up. So not being invited for the world championship to begin with, does not count as a fail.

Leper Messiah
01-05-2017, 14:30
Euh I switched between 2 and that was fine. You can also switch contracts and drive a different LMP2 car, works as well.

There is even a weird bug. I was bypassing the regional championship completely (forfait all 3 races) to speed through it faster. Little did I know the following world championship wouldn't even start for me. :P So yeah now I realize the world championship takes the top 10 (I think) from both regional races. But... that didn't count as a fail, when I started a new season afterwards my progress of that x/3 for defending championship just picked up. So not being invited for the world championship to begin with, does not count as a fail.

weird, chap in another thread had issues with different regionals. I just used the same one just in case.

breyzipp
01-05-2017, 15:12
Maybe it's system dependant? I'm on Xbox.

There are other system dependant differences for sure, during the countdown of the red starting lights, I can already switch on my windscreen wiper, I can already toggle the dashboard display (if the car supports it) but I cannot turn on my headlights yet (need to wait until after the green for that). Seems PC and PS4 don't have that issue.

cxMilk
01-05-2017, 17:18
Maybe it's system dependant? I'm on Xbox.

There are other system dependant differences for sure, during the countdown of the red starting lights, I can already switch on my windscreen wiper, I can already toggle the dashboard display (if the car supports it) but I cannot turn on my headlights yet (need to wait until after the green for that). Seems PC and PS4 don't have that issue.
No. I'm on Xbox too, so that's not it. Differing regional championships was the only difference between each of my seasons and the only variable that seemed to affect whether or not I ticked off one of my defending seasons according to the trophy ticker. It took me six consecutive season wins to get that trophy. So dunno then. That's just irritates me all the more now.