PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 Cut the Grass.

xapemanx
18-08-2015, 07:49
Mode- Time Trial
Track- California Highway Stage 1, California Highway Full, California Highway Reverse
Car- Renault Megane R.S

Pre 3.0 it felt like if 3 wheels were off track that would invalidate lap , was a bit lenient but w/e

now it's like even touching the grass in any way gives an instant lap invalidation.1/4 tire, a tire edge, instant lap invalidation

TLDR: BUTHURT DRIVER DISCOVERES GRASS IS NOW LAVA; SOMEONE MLG 360 NOSCOPE MY CAR because it's not even fun driving Time Trials anymore.

touching paved shoulder also invalidating lap, lame.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
18-08-2015, 08:24
Good to hear, I was always of the opinion that Time Trials should have incredibly tight cut detection, much tighter than races or practice. Sounds like it's been massively improved now. =)

the-D-
18-08-2015, 08:42
Cut detection should adhere to real life, still room for improvement i think.

NemethR
18-08-2015, 09:47
We are talking about the racetrack.

What is the racetrack?!

The Racetrack is the part of the road, that is between the white lines, you are allowed to use the road between the white lines to its full extent,
but you are not alowed to cross the white lines.

So I see no problem with it, actually you can use the curbs in the game too.

yusupov
18-08-2015, 09:53
ive gone offtrack with a couple tires and not had my laptime cut, so maybe you did this in a point where you were actually cutting (gaining time). tbh ive noticed no problems at all w/ the cut detection but i dont TT much.

hkraft300
18-08-2015, 10:01
Ye well
2 wheels must be in contact with road surface between the white lines.
Haven't played TT since 3.0 but during races it's quite reasonable - which is great when you're having a good battle you're not smashed with a penalty and fall right behind for having a bit of a moment.
So far, so good. Well done, SMS.

Fendar
18-08-2015, 10:36
cut track detection in TT seams to be working - at least at le mans at the chicane before the start & finish line.
As soon as you have more than two tires beyond the white lines --> invalidate --> good!