PDA

View Full Version : How to reach that graphics in Project cars??

Mirec
18-08-2015, 12:00
Look at this video guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jc51w_VCzE
and tell me HOW???
I have everything maxed out , ultra etc. and my game doesn't look like this. Thanks

BCFCBristolRed
18-08-2015, 13:27
Someone had better sort out graphics in real life. The game looks so much better!!! Hahaha

Mahjik
18-08-2015, 20:25
I have everything maxed out , ultra etc. and my game doesn't look like this. Thanks

What are you missing your your side? Likely what you are seeing is the weather options the OP is/was using (which appears to be overcast). Also, this was done during the development timeframe so the OP had access to tweaking options which are not present in the release.

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 20:31
What are you missing your your side? Likely what you are seeing is the weather options the OP is/was using (which appears to be overcast). Also, this was done during the development timeframe so the OP had access to tweaking options which are not present in the release.

Ooh, that's a tease, such as?

Mahjik
18-08-2015, 20:45
Ooh, that's a tease, such as?

During development, there was an external tweak tool where you could alter just about everything graphically for color blending, lighting, etc... There was also a a dev menu inside which could do (some) real-time tweaking. It's how the devs were able to tweak and adjust certain aspects in real-time (as well as the WMD community tweaking around to propose their ideas for how things should look/blend).

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 21:04
During development, there was an external tweak tool where you could alter just about everything graphically for color blending, lighting, etc... There was also a a dev menu inside which could do (some) real-time tweaking. It's how the devs were able to tweak and adjust certain aspects in real-time (as well as the WMD community tweaking around to propose their ideas for how things should look/blend).

How can you deprive of us of that, it's not like it would cause any problems or confusion! Especially now I can't even use sweetfx any more.

Mahjik
18-08-2015, 21:07
How can you deprive of us of that, it's not like it would cause any problems or confusion! Especially now I can't even use sweetfx any more.

People would just post bugs/crashes and other problems with the tools. They aren't for using on a daily basis, they were/are just "dev tools".

TrevorAustin
18-08-2015, 22:08
People would just post bugs/crashes and other problems with the tools. They aren't for using on a daily basis, they were/are just "dev tools".

I know, missed the /S

It would ruin peoples lives if it didn't work exactly how they thought it should /s

Remembered that time.

And to be honest, I would spend so much time tweaking I would never know what I liked best so would never get to race:)

nhitrac
19-08-2015, 03:59
Do you guys think it always looks better in videos/screenshots because they're physically compressed to a smaller size rather than being stretched across a big screen?

... Or have I got my theory all wrong?

Mahjik
19-08-2015, 13:29
Do you guys think it always looks better in videos/screenshots because they're physically compressed to a smaller size rather than being stretched across a big screen?

... Or have I got my theory all wrong?

Typically, compression makes things worse because you are losing fidelity (to make the image/video smaller). However, resizing without compression can make a screenshot look better.