PDA

View Full Version : 250cc Karts steering ratio

RyoHazukiITA
18-08-2015, 20:47
I'm having troubles with 250cc Karts. The 125cc is totally fine but the 250cc seems to have too slow steering ratio. I have to turn my wheel more than 180 degrees basically in any situation.
Have you guys experimented issues like that? Did you simply tuned 'down' the ratio?

I'm using T300 RS on Jack Spade's v2.0 FFB settings. On PS4 of course.

Xtince
18-08-2015, 20:53
I use the jack spade settings for every car. But for the karts i put the arm angle on 1500 instead of 1000. That worked for me.

Bealdor
19-08-2015, 07:19
Please reset your car setup. Maybe something went wrong when switching between cars.

If you change the steering ratio, don't forget to restart the session: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37351-I-found-a-workaround-for-the-steering-ratio-bug

Jack Spade
19-08-2015, 13:54
The tweaker file setting for the karts are based on about 10:1 - 12:1 steering ratio. I know itīs not real kart like but a real kart donīt have a
FFB wheel which donīt seem like ultra fast steering ratios.

RyoHazukiITA
19-08-2015, 14:30
The tweaker file setting for the karts are based on about 10:1 - 12:1 steering ratio. I know itīs not real kart like but a real kart donīt have a
FFB wheel which donīt seem like ultra fast steering ratios.

Maybe my issue is deeper than I thought.
I did a lot of testing today and I discovered that the steering ratio is NOT the problem, at least not the cause of the problems.

Picking 250cc Karts with default FFB settings (on track settings) the wheel feels heavy but somehow managable. As soon as I tweak the FFB settings, and in particular tune down the Fy component (as in your files), the vehicle starts to wobble on straights - slow speed, top speed: doesn't matter. It's difficult if not impossible to make a straight line. The wheel itself feels a lot "muddy" in the center and then near-ok only when I steer. This happens ONLY with 250cc Karts - with 150cc the feeling is great.
Then I started thinking about other vehicles - tried Formula A and LMP1 cars without having that kind of trouble (the wobble) BUT another one, at least in the Formula A. On high speeds, on straights, the wheel bounces violently if I steer it just a few centimeters. It bounces both with default FFB and your stuff. When I'm not in 7th gear or top speed 6th it feels almost perfect btw.

So now I'm thinking: could this whole chain of issues be related to the fact that I set ON all the "speed shaking" effects in the options? And also tuned up the movement on the camera settings?
Especially on 250cc Karts it feels like, after tuning down the Fy, the Tire Force is high at a point that the car cannot go straight......I don't know it's a thought on top of my head...

I'm leaving here my setup and wheel settings also, so you guys have a basis if you wanna help.
Thanks guys ^^

Racing Setup:
PS4 - T300RS

In Game Settings:
FFB: 100
TF: 100
Deadzone Removal: 0.02
Relative Adjust Gain: 1.10
Relative Adjust Bleed: 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp: 0.95
Soft Clip (Half Input): 1.10
Soft Clip (Full Output): 1.20
Steering Gain: 1.00

All non-specified on DEFAULT

Jack Spade
19-08-2015, 16:00
The Karts with my tweakers and a standard car`s steering ratio makes it feel almost like a carīs FFB. Again, this is not real Kart like
but with the fast steering ratio FFB is just terrible. I donīt have any of your issues.
The FA has a lot of downforce plus a lot of FFB dynamic, the faster you drive the stronger it gets, probably the cause of oscillation on your wheel. If you are using my files or settings
lower Master Scale/Sop Scale (same level)

RyoHazukiITA
19-08-2015, 17:07
The Karts with my tweakers and a standard car`s steering ratio makes it feel almost like a carīs FFB. Again, this is not real Kart like
but with the fast steering ratio FFB is just terrible. I donīt have any of your issues.
The FA has a lot of downforce plus a lot of FFB dynamic, the faster you drive the stronger it gets, probably the cause of oscillation on your wheel. If you are using my files or settings
lower Master Scale/Sop Scale (same level)

Allright. So about the 250cc Kart you suggesting to get the steering ratio between 10:1 and 12:1? I think default is something like 9:1
What about the shaking effects? Are they only visual?

Jack Spade
20-08-2015, 05:28
Allright. So about the 250cc Kart you suggesting to get the steering ratio between 10:1 and 12:1? I think default is something like 9:1
What about the shaking effects? Are they only visual?

This