PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Tech support

TrevorAustin
19-08-2015, 19:17
Heard lots of bad things about them ,but not my experience. Last Thursday my brake pedal stopped working, online tech support diagnosed, no great surprise despite it only being 2 weeks use spare I had, a faulty Load cell. I ordered another one rather than wait to get home and do a video, etc.

That arrived Monday and damn it, wasn't the problem, another long chat with them and they were convinced it was the little tiny brake PCB. But after much discussion we agreed it 'could' also be the potentiometer or even the main PCB. SO I ordered the lot, 34.60 euros delivered, and it arrived today:) So I'm working again, and actually it odes appear to be the main PCB, the whole experience is MUCH more solid since I replaced that.

So a very good experience, 2 replacements delivered in under a week.

beetes_juice
19-08-2015, 19:25
About a 1.5 - 2 years ago I had a 3 month spat with Fanatec CS. Send them an email...wait 4 weeks for a response....send another...3 week wait...send a video.....another wait. Finally just gave up.

Glad to see they are improving on that aspect. Have seen bad reviews regarding their CS.

Flihp
21-08-2015, 02:37
Can't say I have had any problems with them either., my seq shifter died around two weeks ago, and they replied to my email within 24 hours. I'm the slack one as I haven't done a vid yet, but also moved and been very busy..