19-08-2015, 19:35
is there a wet racing line in the game?

ie better grip off line in the wet?

Cholton82
19-08-2015, 19:44
Yes the racing line is slippery and extra grip can be found off line

Mahjik
19-08-2015, 19:47
Yes, but it's not dramatic. There can be more grip offline, but because you are driving a non-optimal line, you will be slower. Most race drivers don't drive offline much, even in the rain.

steviraikkonen
19-08-2015, 19:58
Will it be made visable, like in one of the f1 games I played a few years ago? I could be wrong but I don't think it currently is.

Nats
19-08-2015, 20:06
Will it be made visable, like in one of the f1 games I played a few years ago? I could be wrong but I don't think it currently is.

From what I have seen you only can tell its drying because its not got puddles on it. Its too subtle for me and doesn't reflect what a real drying driving line looks like ie the track should look lighter on the dry line and darker in the wet areas. F1 2015 gets this better I think.

Mahjik
19-08-2015, 20:13

There is a drying line, but it will not be overdone like it is in the F1-series games.

steviraikkonen
19-08-2015, 23:15
Thing is you do get a dry line in real life f1 say, think it would be a good addition, not saying it's "broken" as is.

doyley101
20-08-2015, 11:53
There is a drying line, but it will not be overdone like it is in the F1-series games.

I wouldn't call it overdone on F1, I think the weather system in F1 2015 is the only thing that holds the game together. In PCARS I think it's pretty much un-noticeable if you are playing on anything less than 100% race distance because the track drys in like 3 mins anyway. It's pretty stupid that if you're doing a 4 hour race that has been shortened from 24 that still happens. But that is a different rant :p

danowat
20-08-2015, 12:01
Do puddles affect tyre heat?

Nats
20-08-2015, 12:15
I wouldn't call it overdone on F1, I think the weather system in F1 2015 is the only thing that holds the game together. In PCARS I think it's pretty much un-noticeable if you are playing on anything less than 100% race distance because the track drys in like 3 mins anyway. It's pretty stupid that if you're doing a 4 hour race that has been shortened from 24 that still happens. But that is a different rant :p

I agree I rather would see it 'overdone' (his words not mine) slightly so you can tell where to drive than have it so subtle you cant see it at all. And yeah absolutely the track dries far too quickly you can almost see the puddles evaporating its that quick!

steviraikkonen
20-08-2015, 12:33
As patches are going to be more about features than bugs as time goes on, could a dry line be one worth considering for a future batch? I for one would think it would add trememdously to wet races. We saw the improved rain effects for the windscreen added so why not eh?

Mahjik
20-08-2015, 12:53
Do puddles affect tyre heat?

Yes and no...

I'll explain both... ;) Yes, puddles do affect tire heat and grip. However, the visual puddles aren't directly tied to the physics. In most cases they line up 1:1, but not always. Those who were part of WMD remember experiencing hydroplaning before visual puddles were added (since the physics puddles were there, but not the visual puddles for a while).

danowat
20-08-2015, 13:01
Yes and no...

I'll explain both... ;) Yes, puddles do affect tire heat and grip. However, the visual puddles aren't directly tied to the physics. In most cases they line up 1:1, but not always. Those who were part of WMD remember experiencing hydroplaning before visual puddles were added (since the physics puddles were there, but not the visual puddles for a while).

Thanks, interesting, I'd assume that the physical puddles are where they should be (i.e. off line) rather than where the visual puddles may be?

Any plans for physically modeled puddles? (like the ones in FM6?)

Raven403
20-08-2015, 13:04
Not only do I agree the drying line isn't dramatic enough, I would also say, going offline to cool hot Inters or Wets doesn't seem to work.

Cholton82
20-08-2015, 13:11
Going on the grass certainly zaps the heat out of the tyres , and then I struggled to get the temps back up in the rain !
I freaking love this game

Mahjik
20-08-2015, 16:34
Thanks, interesting, I'd assume that the physical puddles are where they should be (i.e. off line) rather than where the visual puddles may be?

IIRC, the physical puddles are based on the geometry of the track and the wetness of the tarmac. The visual puddles are "placed" by the track artist.

Any plans for physically modeled puddles? (like the ones in FM6?)

I'm not sure but it seems like it would be too much technology to introduce into pCARS1. I haven't checked yet, but I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been requested for pCARS2. ;)

hkraft300
21-08-2015, 01:06
Drying line isn't so obvious but to really see/ feel it one has to do a long enough race in the right conditions, maybe?
As for puddles - I did a 20 lap dry-to-wet race at the hockenheimring GP in the Lotus 98T where if you hit puddles the car definitely skated and spit sideways.

Goofball Antics
21-08-2015, 01:25

In my opinion F1 2012 had the perfect drying line. I haven't played enough 2015 to experience it due to the accelerator/brake pedal bug I've got. But to keep it about pCARS, yes I agree it's basically unnoticeable. If I've understood this right, the drying line we've got is MORE noticeable in a 100% race? Or just that the track dries at a more reasonable rate?

Mahjik
21-08-2015, 03:43
If I've understood this right, the drying line we've got is MORE noticeable in a 100% race? Or just that the track dries at a more reasonable rate?

It's more noticeable outside of career races without time acceleration.

Photonmonkey
21-08-2015, 08:58
I thought it had been proven that even on real time weather and time the track dries overall far too quickly to notice a drying line?

Photonmonkey
21-08-2015, 09:06
As you have said if the 'visible' puddles are just artistic licence then is this why there is no 'visible' drying line, it's just physically modelled?