PDA

View Full Version : [QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner (V1.1)

Bealdor
19-08-2015, 20:44
Since the "Sync to Race" weather feature doesn't work in connection with pre-race sessions I thought I'd build a little
spreadsheet to plan my QRW, taking time and weather progression into account.

It's pretty basic (just like my Excel skills :rolleyes:) but I thought it's good enough to share it with you.

What does it do?

With the QRWEP you can plan your Quick Race Weekend in advance, set up weather and time progression to your liking
and immediately see the effect the settings have on your (pre)race sessions.

Where can I get it?

Download: 215775
(Update Notes included in spreadsheet)

What does it look like?

Here's a quick preview of the QRWEP:

How do I use it?

As you can see, the spreadsheet consists of six info sections where you can set up your event and a graph
showing you what your QRW will look like:

Session Duration: Here you can choose the duration of all the pre race and race sessions you want to drive.

Weather Duration: Shows the number and length of all the weather conditions you have set up in "Weather Settings".

Weather Settings: This is where you set up the number of weather slots and the weather progression slider.

Time of Day Settings: Choose the event starting time and time progression slider.

Session Starting Times: Check out the starting time of every single event session.

Event Duration: Here you can see how much time it will take to complete your QRW (realtime) and how long the event will be ingame (taking time progression into account).

Event Graph: This graph displays the duration of your QRW in realtime and how many (and when) weather changes will happen.

Are there any issues/limitations?

When the event lasts longer than your chosen weather slots, the game will return to the first weather condition and cycle through all of them again. The event graph doesn't show this unfortunately.
The max race length for timed races is limited to 4:00h for now until I can solve the weather slot issue above.
[FIXED V1.1] The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the race session length (yet). Since timed races are not possible atm you'll have to estimate it by yourself. Maybe I'll implement a quick calculator in an update SMSoon™.

Attention: In order to keep the time and weather cycle working correctly ingame please DO NOT RESTART ANY OF THE QRW SESSIONS! Restarting a session will completely reset the system to the starting conditions of session #1!

That's it?

Yup. ;)
Feedback, suggestions, bug reports or general questions are welcome.

jimmyb_84
19-08-2015, 21:54
That is very useful!!

I shall try it at some point. Thank you

Bealdor
20-08-2015, 13:56
OP updated with known issues/limitations.

My Excel skills are quite limited. So if you have an idea how to solve these issues, feel free post it here. :)
Thanks in advance.

Dutchmountains
20-08-2015, 14:18
GREAT WORK.
Its very useful!

A sugestion: Can you make the time tabel also in 10 minutes a piece.

I mean 1.00 - 1.10 - 1.20 etc.

Cause i drive always 24 hrs races in time scale 20 and thats 1 hr and 12 minutes a race for the 24 hr cyclus.

jimmyb_84
20-08-2015, 16:31
OP updated with known issues/limitations.

My Excel skills are quite limited. So if you have an idea how to solve these issues, feel free post it here. :)
Thanks in advance.

Check my strategy guide for the times race formula feel free to use it (link in sig)

Bealdor
20-08-2015, 19:29
Version 1.1 released.

- Added functionality to switch between timed and lap races (special thanks to jimmyb_84 for his awesome pit strategy guide :))

You can now switch between these two race types by simply ticking/unticking the "Timed Race" button. The spreadsheet will also warn you when you set up your race session incorrectly.

Attention: In order to keep the time and weather cycle working correctly ingame please DO NOT RESTART ANY OF THE QRW SESSIONS! Restarting a session will completely reset the system to the starting conditions of session #1!

Bealdor
20-08-2015, 19:47
GREAT WORK.
Its very useful!

A sugestion: Can you make the time tabel also in 10 minutes a piece.

I mean 1.00 - 1.10 - 1.20 etc.

Cause i drive always 24 hrs races in time scale 20 and thats 1 hr and 12 minutes a race for the 24 hr cyclus.

Although I guess this is no longer needed now that lap race duration is implemented, I also added the missing 0:45 and 1:15 options (I hope that's close enough for you ;)).

rocafella1978
20-08-2015, 21:54
this is a great tool! thank you for your efforts and work put into this! shall try it out, but tested it today and was great fun, works nicely!

jimmyb_84
20-08-2015, 22:52
Version 1.1 released.

- Added functionality to switch between timed and lap races (special thanks to jimmyb_84 for his awesome pit strategy guide :))

You can now switch between these two race types by simply ticking/unticking the "Timed Race" button. The spreadsheet will also warn you when you set up your race session incorrectly.

no problem happy to help and glad it works

rocafella1978
20-08-2015, 23:16
nicely done, thank you too for your efforts jimmyb_84! your other work is excellent and works great! thx to you guys for these great tools!

Noxrai
21-08-2015, 03:09
Thanks Bealdor. This is actually quite handy. This will take the guess work out of setting sessions up.
Will try it this arvo

Dutchmountains
21-08-2015, 05:31
Although I guess this is no longer needed now that lap race duration is implemented, I also added the missing 0:45 and 1:15 options (I hope that's close enough for you ;)).

Great!
Im gona download v 1.1 today.
Thank you so much.

Bealdor
24-08-2015, 19:38
When the event lasts longer than your chosen weather slots, the game will return to the first weather condition and cycle through all of them again. The event graph doesn't show this unfortunately.

Unfortunately I'm still having no solution for this issue.
If one of the Excel masters out there has an idea how to repeat those weather slots #1-#4 in the top bar of my graph, please post it here. :)

General feedback and further suggestions are also welcome of course.

Keep racing

Bealdor
13-10-2015, 13:20
FYI: Unfortunately there was a bug introduced with patch 5.0 that forces the time of day and weather to reset when progressing from one session to another. This limits the utility of the QRWEP for now. I'll keep you updated when this bug is fixed.

P.S.: I'm still looking for help to find a solution of the issue I mentioned in the post above. :(

ElectricBlues85
15-10-2015, 14:29
Hi Bealdor

In theory does this also work for online races?

I'm quite nifty with Excel and I've got some ideas but I'll need to see how it works first - if you PM me the code to unlock the sheet I'll have a go?

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 14:33
In theory does this also work for online races?

Yes, the weather and time of day system in MP mode is the same as in Quick Race Weekend.

I'm quite nifty with Excel and I've got some ideas but I'll need to see how it works first - if you PM me the code to unlock the sheet I'll have a go?

There is no code needed to unlock it. ;)
I just added a sheet protection so the "regular" user doesn't break something by accident.

Feel free to have a go at it mate, I appreciate any help I can get.

ElectricBlues85
15-10-2015, 14:43
Yes, the weather and time of day system in MP mode is the same as in Quick Race Weekend.

There is no code needed to unlock it. ;)
I just added a sheet protection so the "regular" user doesn't break something by accident.

Feel free to have a go at it mate, I appreciate any help I can get.

Hmm - it's asking for a password. It's probably because I'm using Excel on a Mac. I'll give it a go on my work machine :)

flybikes
15-10-2015, 14:57
Hmm - it's asking for a password. It's probably because I'm using Excel on a Mac. I'll give it a go on my work machine :)

You don`t need! I have a Mac also.

You just need to right click on BOTH locks in the bottom of the both sheets and click on unlock.

You have to unlock both sheets (main spreadsheet and updates notes) to acess to the edition mode.

azidahaka
23-10-2015, 15:13
Does this work in Open/libre office or google spreadsheets?

Dynomight Motorsports
03-04-2016, 21:50
FYI: Unfortunately there was a bug introduced with patch 5.0 that forces the time of day and weather to reset when progressing from one session to another. This limits the utility of the QRWEP for now. I'll keep you updated when this bug is fixed.

P.S.: I'm still looking for help to find a solution of the issue I mentioned in the post above. :(

The Planner still works if you just remove the other sessions as far as planning the race goes. The only downside is the weather for first slot will be reset for each session.

kevin kirk
04-04-2016, 21:30
so I downloaded it and everytime I try and open it with internet explorer I get this230935 ............. clicking the open option, I just a endless loop of returning to this screen over and over again. Could someone kindly direct me to what I'm missing please.

fresquito
06-04-2016, 08:14

10.0 and still no fix. I don't ask for new features, but could we have some of the features that worked as intended at launch work again, please?

Bealdor
06-04-2016, 08:22
so I downloaded it and everytime I try and open it with internet explorer I get this230935 ............. clicking the open option, I just a endless loop of returning to this screen over and over again. Could someone kindly direct me to what I'm missing please.

That's a strange one. Does it work when you're saving it to disc?

10.0 and still no fix. I don't ask for new features, but could we have some of the features that worked as intended at launch work again, please?

TBH, I'm not sure if it is a bug after all or an intended design change.

fresquito
06-04-2016, 08:28
TBH, I'm not sure if it is a bug after all or an intended design change.
I'd rather think it's a bug. If it's a design decision, they better fire whoever is responsible for it.

Ever since this was introduced we are forced to play with one and only weather slot. Basically weather progression is broken eversince 5.0, unless you play Race only.

ProDriver
06-04-2016, 15:45
I had put all the conditions of the race here:

http://i65.tinypic.com/mvoojc.png

But now, I dont know how to interpretate, what is the "x" value that I have to insert in the slot weather. Please, help me!!!

kevin kirk
06-04-2016, 16:07
I download the link and get this..231064.....shows up in my files as this....231067.....when right clicking the window with "open with" pops up and give me a choice of internet exployer or search for other apps in store. I cant capture this because the window disappears. upon selecting internet explorer this pops up231068...from there its just a endless loop of clicking open with this popping back up over and over agian231068.....Hitting save just adds another row of the same open or save. Note I'm using Microsoft edge, windows 10 on laptop,

Bealdor
06-04-2016, 18:42
I had put all the conditions of the race here:

http://i65.tinypic.com/mvoojc.png

But now, I dont know how to interpretate, what is the "x" value that I have to insert in the slot weather. Please, help me!!!

First things first, unfortunately the sheet doesn't work with pre race sessions now since weather and time of day resets with every session change.
The upper bar of the graph shows the weather progression (red=weather slot #1, green=weather slot #2, purple=weather slot #3, blue=weather slot #4) and the lower bar shows your race progress.
The sheet helps you to estimate when and how often the weather will change during your race.
Could you elaborate what you mean with "x" value please?

I download the link and get this..

.....shows up in my files as this....

.....when right clicking the window with "open with" pops up and give me a choice of internet exployer or search for other apps in store. I cant capture this because the window disappears. upon selecting internet explorer this pops up

...from there its just a endless loop of clicking open with this popping back up over and over agian

.....Hitting save just adds another row of the same open or save. Note I'm using Microsoft edge, windows 10 on laptop,

You need MS Excel or another program that can open xlsx files to open it.

kevin kirk
06-04-2016, 23:46
You need MS Excel or another program that can open xlsx files to open it.[/QUOTE]
.....thank you got it working

ProDriver
07-04-2016, 07:21
Could you elaborate what you mean with "x" value please?

I mean: x2, x5, x10 etc. In the slider bar below slots (I thing that is weather progression in your excel)

I Know that random climate restart with every season, I dont mind that fact, but what I only want is know which "x" (f.e x5) I have to put in order to do the hole race without knowing which will be the next weather.

Bealdor
07-04-2016, 07:47
I mean: x2, x5, x10 etc. In the slider bar below slots (I thing that is weather progression in your excel)

I Know that random climate restart with every season, I dont mind that fact, but what I only want is know which "x" (f.e x5) I have to put in order to do the hole race without knowing which will be the next weather.

Yes, that's the multiplier for weather progression. When set to x1 the weather will change roughly every 60 minutes. In your image it's set to x2 which means weather changes every 30 minutes.
That's actually the most important setting you can change because it helps you to scale the weather progression according to your race length.
The graph is just the graphical representation of your settings.
For example, if your race lasts 2 hours and you want to have 4 different weather conditions, you have to set the multiplier to x2 (4x30minutes = 2 hours).
There's no way to randomise to length of a weather slot ingame unfortunately. All weather slots will last for roughly (not 100% identical though) the same time.

maxx69
15-05-2016, 10:37
Thanks for this , a massive help ��

Tastakrad
16-05-2016, 10:03
The document inst really working with Open Office :(

https://i.gyazo.com/5510d59d11def32abeb690fe8e1c517f.png

Bealdor
17-05-2016, 07:28
AFAIK some functions are not supported by Open Office unfortunately.
Please try the .ods file I attached:

Tastakrad
17-05-2016, 08:54
Still the same :/

https://i.gyazo.com/49a97a3b37fe4104eea5ad0e05a9909e.png

Is it possible to change Session Duration, Weather Duration and Settings and Time of Day manually without the Index settings?

Bealdor
17-05-2016, 09:04
I'm at work atm. I'll see if I can find some time tonight or tomorow to create an Open Office friendly version that doesn't rely on Excel specific features.