PDA

View Full Version : I just drove myself out of the pits

MrLiister
20-08-2015, 21:31
I'm sitting in the Silverstone pits in a practice session waiting to go out on track, and waiting and waiting. Getting impatient I change gear now i'm in the pits in 1st gear so I accelerate and bloody hell I'm moving! So I drove myself out of the pits, straight through the other cars like ghosts and out onto track. Damn I forgot to Xbox Record That too.

Was a nice moment though.

Schnizz58
20-08-2015, 21:52
I'm sitting in the Silverstone pits in a practice session waiting to go out on track, and waiting and waiting. Getting impatient I change gear now i'm in the pits in 1st gear so I accelerate and bloody hell I'm moving! So I drove myself out of the pits, straight through the other cars like ghosts and out onto track. Damn I forgot to Xbox Record That too.

Was a nice moment though.
LOL...I've had that happen but never thought to put the thing in gear!

Dynomight Motorsports
20-08-2015, 22:25
I've had that happen at Brands Hatch, one time and never since. It took me a couple of times to get out the Garage door without hanging my fender, but yeah that just happened.

OpticalHercules
21-08-2015, 01:11
I never thought of trying that... It happens about 50% of the time when I'm in pit box and make some change, hit drive and the car just sits there. Then I just click Return to Pit Box, then click Drive again.

MXR SMILER
21-08-2015, 18:11
I have found that whenever I go to pits in free practice I hit drive and get stuck so pause - return to pits - drive - and I see the pitboard person drop six inches then I can go. EVERYTIME. I am probably hitting the buttons too fast in my eagerness to get back on track. Similar thing? - sounds like.

OpticalHercules
21-08-2015, 18:17
I notice it happen most often when I change some suspension setting, and occasionally a diff settings. I don't really think it matters on when it happens, but just to me it doesn't seem to ever happen when I change tires/brakes, DF, or alignment settings, only springs, dampers, and diffs.

STEELJOCKEY
22-08-2015, 03:07
Had fun touring up and down pit lane one day, doing laps through garages, couple of doughnuts and burnouts. Great fun

inthebagbud
22-08-2015, 05:48
Had fun touring up and down pit lane one day, doing laps through garages, couple of doughnuts and burnouts. Great fun

Seem to remember somebody posting a video of this early on and he was dismissed out of hand as having faked it , oh the joy of hindsight, wonder if they will send him an apology

RobVT
22-08-2015, 08:32
You mean this one ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjhmC1DfB0E

inthebagbud
22-08-2015, 08:38
You mean this one ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjhmC1DfB0E

yep that's the one

Ixoye56
22-08-2015, 09:00
I've had that happen in Forza 5 but not in this game, yet...

MrLiister
22-08-2015, 09:10
Seem to remember somebody posting a video of this early on and he was dismissed out of hand as having faked it , oh the joy of hindsight, wonder if they will send him an apology

Yep exactly what happened to me except I was boring and just drove out onto track lol. Next time...

Sharky Hughes
22-08-2015, 12:53

Not the first time people have been accused of lying about things that happen in game because "there's no way that could hsppen"

Maybe we could all chip to and buy SMS an Xbox One, maybe even a Forza 6 LE one and a copy of their game now it's in the cheap section of stores so they can actually play it how we have too.

Really do get the impression the Xbox One is the ugly child in the SMS studio and they don't really care about it as much as the PS4 and PC.

Im Sorry
22-08-2015, 12:58
Did you hit the walls like the AI does for you!

odemode
22-08-2015, 14:37
So MODS is the guy who was banned going to get an apology???

Roger Prynne
22-08-2015, 15:45
No, because he reported it as an AI bug and was trying to say that it was the AI driving like that in the pits.

That was also before we knew about this bug, which has been reported to the Devs by the way.

MillsLayne
22-08-2015, 23:29
Too bad it was a bug and not a feature. I'd love to drive myself into and out of the pits/garage area! A ton of driver influence on how slow/fast a pit stop is and it takes real skill!

wOoDsTeR16
23-08-2015, 07:43
No, because he reported it as an AI bug and was trying to say that it was the AI driving like that in the pits.

That was also before we knew about this bug, which has been reported to the Devs by the way.

How could he of reported it as an AI bug when you plainly see its him driving his car out the garage?, it's nothing to do with the AI. Sometimes in life we have to put our hands up and admit we we're in the wrong, not the case here then?. What you have to remember is we are all your crash test dummy's, we play the game, find problems and report them and don't need to be banned for our troubles

bobbylion
23-08-2015, 07:55
Not the first time people have been accused of lying about things that happen in game because "there's no way that could hsppen"

Maybe we could all chip to and buy SMS an Xbox One, maybe even a Forza 6 LE one and a copy of their game now it's in the cheap section of stores so they can actually play it how we have too.

Really do get the impression the Xbox One is the ugly child in the SMS studio and they don't really care about it as much as the PS4 and PC.

Its not that, its more to do with some PS players trying to use this game as an opportunity to keep up with the "we are better than you", truth is both are in places awful buggy games. This forum is weighted towards PC and PS4 because MS stand up to SMS and their shoddy patches and the delays get blamed on MS which SMS stir up the lie to help themselves.
Add to to that some trolls who the forum allows to wind up xbox users with rightful grievances and you get what we have now.

bobbylion
23-08-2015, 07:59
To add this PS xbox 'war' is so old and boring, both systems can be purchased by any kid with a McJob after one month so quite why PS players like to keep up with this BS is laughable. End if the day its just choice and preference.

Bluedice
23-08-2015, 08:01

Bug or not, why not make it a feature?

I would love to drive my self in and out of the pits. Just add a pit speed limiter we can assign to a button somewhere and give us the option to toggle the automatic pilot on and off for the pits, it would be awesome.

Roger Prynne
23-08-2015, 15:02
How could he of reported it as an AI bug when you plainly see its him driving his car out the garage?, it's nothing to do with the AI. Sometimes in life we have to put our hands up and admit we we're in the wrong, not the case here then?. What you have to remember is we are all your crash test dummy's, we play the game, find problems and report them and don't need to be banned for our troubles
This is the thread, please read it all.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36049-Pitlane-AI-is-broken-since-2-0

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 17:12
Roger

Thanks for the link - not really sure whether the guy was mistaken or creating mischief, but he did get a bit of a rough response

Even my hindsight has been tested here and looks like I got it wrong

Sharky Hughes
23-08-2015, 17:52
As far as I can tell Chris only says that the AI is broken which to be fair is correct as it didn't work as it should. He never said he wasn't controlling the car. It just appears it was taken that way and he was banned for apparantly tampering with the game.

A permanent ban for highlighting a now known issue is harsh and uncalled for. Everyone is frustrated with the game and want it working as it should. With this kind of attitude it's no wonder people have had enough with the forum as well as the game.

Roger Prynne
24-08-2015, 12:50
He wasn't banned just for that one post you know, there were plenty of other bad posts warranting a ban.

So can we stop this now please.