PDA

View Full Version : Community Events In Game Updates

Rockefelluh
21-08-2015, 02:12
So one of the features I was excited for pre launchwas community events. The idea to have competitiveness and a more social/active population. Now time trials are a given in these things. But does anyone else hope for more?

For one thing, I have no idea when these events end or begin. You have to go to the community events section of the main menu, and theres a time trial list. It's just... not very exciting. And most of us will never crack the top 25, so there isn't much look forward to in terms of reward.

Secondly, it is a little dull with a set car and track every weekend. Where is the creativity that will get people talking about community events? I don't remember the last time there was a thread in the Xbox section about the most recent community event.

TL;DR
I would like to see more creativity in community events to spur the community and to make it more highlighted in the game.

Innerspace_HQ
21-08-2015, 03:07
Isn't the idea that it's linked to a real race event though? In a specific class track combo?

I thoroughly enjoy the Formula A/F1 weekends. Very much looking forward to Spa opening up this weekend. :)

Rockefelluh
21-08-2015, 03:37
Isn't the idea that it's linked to a real race event though? In a specific class track combo?

I thoroughly enjoy the Formula A/F1 weekends. Very much looking forward to Spa opening up this weekend. :)

Like I said, I would like to see more creativity and effort in these community events.

Innerspace_HQ
21-08-2015, 04:05
Like I said, I would like to see more creativity and effort in these community events.

Yes but correct me if I'm wrong, they are tied to real race events which is a specific track and specific car. I don't see how you can be more creative with that than it is currently. Unless you want to go start your own race series they can tie into. I suppose you could maybe offer a car option but other than that I can't see how.

What are your suggestions? You haven't given any.

Rockefelluh
21-08-2015, 04:14
There is nothing to say community events have to be tied to real life races.

Just a few off the top of my head: tournament based races with cut off limits each round, video of the week submissions with a certain theme, limited fuel for farthest distance, fastest time with a certain amount of fuel/most laps.

Things to keep it fresh. No one discusses the community events around here. It should an important part for a game that wants longevity.

Innerspace_HQ
21-08-2015, 04:18
There is nothing to say community events have to be tied to real life races.

Just a few off the top of my head: tournament based races with cut off limits each round, video of the week submissions with a certain theme, challenges to pass like fastest time with a certain amount of fuel/most laps.

Things to keep it fresh. No one discusses the community events around here. It should an important part for a game that wants longevity.

It actually gets discussed a fair bit in the hotlaps and contest section of the forum, but those are all ideas, sure.

I think the focus right now is on fixing the game, not adding bells & whistles. You have to crawl before you can run and the game is struggling to crawl at times just now. I think multiplayer will be where the longevity focus comes from for most, not the community events. I suspect that's further down the list.