PDA

View Full Version : Have traction control and abs been disabled for community events

starshot89
21-08-2015, 11:37
Guys
Do you know if they have disabled driving aids for community events?
Thanks for any help

Bealdor
21-08-2015, 11:38
No. Driving aids are set according to your local configuration (Options -> Gameplay).

starshot89
21-08-2015, 11:50
i set my car up for spa been fine soon as i go to community event there all disabled :S

starshot89
21-08-2015, 12:43
Tried again no driving aids evan tho there on in my gameplay settings. This has only started happening since 3.0 patch

PTG Baby Cow
21-08-2015, 14:37
have you tried mapping abs and tcs to a button and manually turning them on while on the track?

starshot89
21-08-2015, 15:18
Perfect thanks. no idea y it doesnt do it automatic like every other game mode

PTG Baby Cow
21-08-2015, 15:35
it should but was trying to rule out if it indeed wasnt allowing it or wasnt recognizing it.

This should likely be passed to the devs as a bug.

N0body Of The Goat
21-08-2015, 15:46
I don't know, I set my current time with damage on; manual clutch and abs/tc/sc off (just like the real car)... Unlike the current leader (FinPro).

I dislike how non-real assists can be used in events and time trials, plus how damage can be turned off, brake ducts and radiator set to 0% (for reduced drag) etc.

wicker man
21-08-2015, 16:33
same for me all driving aids are off

choupolo
22-08-2015, 09:52
Yep noticed this.

Was funny actually. Got some stick for setting a good time with assists and as it turned out assists had been forced off from the beginning!

FinPro
22-08-2015, 11:49
I don't know, I set my current time with damage on; manual clutch and abs/tc/sc off (just like the real car)... Unlike the current leader (FinPro).

I dislike how non-real assists can be used in events and time trials, plus how damage can be turned off, brake ducts and radiator set to 0% (for reduced drag) etc.

Actually i had no assists on. Leaderboard just shows ingame settings but those are not applied in this event.

flyoffacliff
24-08-2015, 01:44
It seems after the latest patch, the assists appear to be off in community events, even though they are turned on. Why is this happening?

Mahjik
24-08-2015, 02:08
Merged threads...

flyoffacliff
24-08-2015, 02:30
Merged threads...

Sorry, did not see this thread. Please fix it ASAP, this is ruining community events. :(

Psychomatrix
14-09-2015, 19:02
Since 3.0 I can't use abs and all others driving assits on the drivers network championship. But only there. The icons for that in hud and motec are missing too. In tt and race weekend everything it's okay.
I've try my second profile on xbox and there it works. Seems that patch 3.0 have corrupted one of my savefiles. How can that be. I thought the savegames are independent. I only want understand that. That's a very unusual bug and I'm only curious what went wrong.
I don't will delete my savegame, even I know that will be the only solution for that.

beetes_juice
14-09-2015, 19:30
Yeah don't delete your game. Same for me and assuming all others. Just assign a button if you need TC/ABS.

PTG Baby Cow
17-09-2015, 12:45
Beetes while i think you are correct and that was a workaround that worked for others it really isnt a good option. Esp wheel users, we dont have enough buttons to begin with... so now having to map potentially 3 buttons just to turn aids on in which you already have turned on in your options. This especially doesnt work when referring to cars that have drs and kers. For those cars you have to add 2 additional used buttons to the limited amount of buttons you already have. then add another 3 more. Also another reason this workaround isn't good is that i dont want to have to look up what assists the car has in real life. I keep my assists set to real, how am i to know what assists to enable for each car in these events?

Bealdor
17-09-2015, 12:50
Threads merged.

Wizards ZA
26-09-2015, 06:23
Sorry, did not see this thread. Please fix it ASAP, this is ruining community events. :(

Would be nice to find out whats up with this. I also cant compete in any of these events witout Abs on. Tried to put it it on a button. Still cant use Abs or Tcs. Well as much as it pains me looks like its back to Forza until this is fixed.

FACT0RY PIL0T
26-09-2015, 16:38
Would be nice to find out whats up with this. I also cant compete in any of these events witout Abs on. Tried to put it it on a button. Still cant use Abs or Tcs. Well as much as it pains me looks like its back to Forza until this is fixed.

Scary thought... im going just as fast without abs or traction control, you just have to re adjust your setup and driving to cope. I can run 112's at Sakitto with or without aids you just have to test test test.

FACT0RY PIL0T
26-09-2015, 18:41
In case you didnt see patch 4.0 notes

" Ensure that players cannot turn on assists using hotkeys in community events, when the assists have been explicitly disabled for the event in question."

DragonSyr
26-09-2015, 20:00
i m glad to hear that ! Finaly ... NO assists :)

DragonSyr
26-09-2015, 20:01
i hope the same with the driving line s**t

Wizards ZA
27-09-2015, 04:48
In case you didnt see patch 4.0 notes

" Ensure that players cannot turn on assists using hotkeys in community events, when the assists have been explicitly disabled for the event in question."

I dont know why this has been done. Why cant I play the game like I want to - with or without assists. Why have assists in the game if you are just going to disable them when ever you feel like it. IMO you are just preventing a lot of people from entering these events. If you look at how few people are posting times on TT and how few are racing online - xbox - why would you not want as many people to be part of these events as possible. Surely you want more people to play the game not less....

If you dont want to use assists then dont, its all good but dont prevent people from playing the game the way that they want to. It makes no sence. Any way if this is how its gonna be then Im done with Project Cars and so are a lot of my mates. It was fun while it lasted......

Good buy and good luck.

DragonSyr
27-09-2015, 07:17
there must be some events with NO assists , not all events. There are many who do not want assists (including me).
Why all events must be with assists? It makes no sense for me
if someone think because some events without assists spoil the game , then Good buy and good luck.

Wizards ZA
27-09-2015, 10:18
Nobody is telling you that you have to use assist. But for these events Im told that I must not use them. Why cant I play the way that I want to and and not the way that you think I should.

Anyway as I said before Im done with this game. Can one of the mods please close my account on the forms as I will no longer need it. Tnx

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-09-2015, 10:36
Nobody is telling you that you have to use assist. But for these events Im told that I must not use them. Why cant I play the way that I want to and and not the way that you think I should.

Anyway as I said before Im done with this game. Can one of the mods please close my account on the forms as I will no longer need it. Tnx

Sadly SMS, this is going to be a trend. The number of players online has vastly diminished. Now your telling people how to play the game with this forced assists off.

What was wrong with it before? People could turn off the assist if they were superior enough to drive without them. Not really that much of an issue for some people on the forums or some people at the top of the leaderboards. But its the other guys, the non alien people, and the people who don't have racing wheels, suits, helmets and gloves, or a man cave.

Congratulations on giving more players another reason to not play this game.

How about you guys give the ability back, to use assists if people feel they need them, and this will MAYBE bring some people back to the community challenges.

It seems strange than you improve the brake assist for people who cannot brake, but then turn off the assists for the community challenges. So does that mean you don't want the people you improved the whole brake assist for, to be able to take part in the challenges? How do you expect them to brake? If they cannot brake, they cannot set a lap time.

If your disabled somehow and cannot press the brake pedal, or trigger, then you're not required for the community challenge, but thanks for buying the game.

DragonSyr
27-09-2015, 10:54
Btw , who tells that ALL the community events are with NO ASSISTS????
It must be understood that there must be both to everyone is happy

it can not be done want them all allways as we want.......
50-50 is fair for all . offcourse i dont think that will be so many no assists events , but i m happy in that there is even one (and i m not the only one)

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-09-2015, 11:25
Btw , who tells that ALL the community events are with NO ASSISTS????
It must be understood that there must be both to everyone is happy

it can not be done want them all allways as we want.......
50-50 is fair for all . offcourse i dont think that will be so many no assists events , but i m happy in that there is even one (and i m not the only one)

I disagree. 50% of the time, anyone can compete. The other 50% of the time, its only people who normally use no assists.

The way it was before 4.0 everyone felt they could compete. Now, a lot of players feel they cannot compete.

There was apparently 1 million copies of this game sold worldwide. I don't think there are 1 million users on this forum. I don't think 1 million people bought this game for the single player experience. A handful of people asked for assists to be removed from the community challenges. So what about all the other players who don't use this forum?

I really do love this game, but the online experience is not what I was expecting......yet. FM6 is out, and this game is frustrating people to the point they don't want to play it, and are going to FM6. That's bad for all of us are left, still wanting to play Pcars.

DragonSyr
27-09-2015, 13:23
before 4 the non assists players feel they cannot compete , not only on some events but on all events. Fair? what do you think about that?

Anyway.The feel that you cant compete only on some event is not a reason for quit playing a game....... only gaming issues is a reason

edit : is like a diabetic person quit eating because he cant eat sugar ...... he can eat all the rest

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-09-2015, 13:51
before 4 the non assists players feel they cannot compete

Why?

They normally drive using no assists. They were able to turn the assists off, as they were not forced on.

So the way they played the game was the same for them, on TT, community events, and race lobbies.

Same for the people who use assists usually. They could use them in every aspect of the game.

That was fair.

This new way, has people being forced to drive without assists they want/need.

That has the effect for some people of making them not want to even try. Thats is bad for competition.

Take SDL Sonik's current lap around Silverstone in the Clio Cup, I could not keep up or beat him with assists on, or off. He probably normally drives without them anyway, so it makes no difference to him, or any of the other top people.

Its the slower people who loose the enjoyment. That's what I think is not fair. They were never going to get number 1, me included, but now they cant even keep it on the track. Its a game at the end of the day, having assists available for people who wanted them, and being able to turn them off for the people who dont want them, made it fair.

It didn't stop the fast people being at the top.

DragonSyr
27-09-2015, 14:42
Fair is to have with AND without assists events.You can choose where to join.No one force you to join in non assisted session. There is all other assisted sessions

FACT0RY PIL0T
27-09-2015, 15:44
Why?

They normally drive using no assists. They were able to turn the assists off, as they were not forced on.

So the way they played the game was the same for them, on TT, community events, and race lobbies.

Same for the people who use assists usually. They could use them in every aspect of the game.

That was fair.

This new way, has people being forced to drive without assists they want/need.

That has the effect for some people of making them not want to even try. Thats is bad for competition.

Take SDL Sonik's current lap around Silverstone in the Clio Cup, I could not keep up or beat him with assists on, or off. He probably normally drives without them anyway, so it makes no difference to him, or any of the other top people.

Its the slower people who loose the enjoyment. That's what I think is not fair. They were never going to get number 1, me included, but now they cant even keep it on the track. Its a game at the end of the day, having assists available for people who wanted them, and being able to turn them off for the people who dont want them, made it fair.

It didn't stop the fast people being at the top.

Sonik will use assist if there available, but also the game not SIM by far has its glitches like Forza, and until you got 4-6 guys helping you build setups you wont compete anyways, unless you stumble on the things that make the car quicker and have more grip no matter assist or not.

Hopefully the stuff gets fixed then the setups will get more realistic, and everyone will be a lot closer for lap times.

Either way you can go just as fast without assist, but it just takes a diffrent aproach to setups, and hours of testing which guys like sonic and his team have on there hands to do so.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-09-2015, 17:16
Id like to know if there are more or less people who enter the no assist events, compared to previously where assists were allowed.

I'll still give them a go, but if I don't have ABS, then I wont spend the time I would have doing using ABS. I've got a 2.24.0 in the clio at the moment, not using the pit lane, the only thing that's really holding me back, is the braking. I've lowered the brake pressure and almost got it to the point where I don't lock up.

Its funny that you don't read many posts from controller users complaining that wheel users have an unfair advantage : Smoother steering, and tyres that don't melt away. Im sure if I had a seat that rumbles/vibrates, FFB, and FFB pedals the braking would be much easier. But I dont, Ive got a trigger that vibrates and provides very little feedback as to whether or not i'm about to lock the wheels.

Its all good, I'll struggle on with it, while 1000's (if there are 1000's left) don't even try. ;)

FA RACING 01
12-10-2015, 10:01
Fair is to have with AND without assists events.You can choose where to join.No one force you to join in non assisted session. There is all other assisted sessions
I doubt that "fairness" is part of the gaming equation. Isn't it more about what attracts the masses and makes it "fun" for them to play? I certainly play for fun and not a top LB contender, but I'm having no fun to set up my wheel every time I start to play and then struggle to play without some of the assist [real assist] too ? Looking at the number of players on multiplayer these days tells a story on it's own. So even if you are right, it looks like less and less players remain around. So the handful "elitist" might win the fight, but eventually loose the war. Now how fair is that ? FM6 [and some others] might not have the real SIM experience as so many calls it, but it sure is more fun every time I play.

But this is not about me or you or how we feel, perhaps it's what is important for the longevity of the game [and a future PCars2].

The diabetic example might be true, but so is if I buy a new car with speed control, and when that breaks, the dealer tells me there are plenty of other features I can use. Besides other things, I will not deal with him again. Doubt if anyone will blame me for that.

iKasbian
12-10-2015, 10:28
Id like to know if there are more or less people who enter the no assist events, compared to previously where assists were allowed.

I'll still give them a go, but if I don't have ABS, then I wont spend the time I would have doing using ABS. I've got a 2.24.0 in the clio at the moment, not using the pit lane, the only thing that's really holding me back, is the braking. I've lowered the brake pressure and almost got it to the point where I don't lock up.

Its funny that you don't read many posts from controller users complaining that wheel users have an unfair advantage : Smoother steering, and tyres that don't melt away. Im sure if I had a seat that rumbles/vibrates, FFB, and FFB pedals the braking would be much easier. But I dont, Ive got a trigger that vibrates and provides very little feedback as to whether or not i'm about to lock the wheels.

Its all good, I'll struggle on with it, while 1000's (if there are 1000's left) don't even try. ;)

Good on ya for trying to compete on controller, as far as the majority of wheel users think theres no advantage... joni varis is convinced its all about 'skill' and knowledge lol

I won't any longer compare my completely unassisted controller times to wheel users, especially across platforms. I now just take satisfaction with getting within touching distance of the likes of the EMW guys, last night got 2tenths of a top time running no assists, cockpit cam and a more or less stock tune.

Eric Bergeret
12-10-2015, 11:41
im just curious to know where is the point to remove assist in a car who actually have it IRL, and please stop calling no assist = real, it's not.

fact: it's easy to drive a car whitout assist whit a wheel.
: it's already hard to drive a car on a pad whit assist on.
: some player don't want to ramm other in first corner, but a host have just set the Gt3 whitout aids."not a smart move and also miles away from Simracing" he should be impossible to turn off assist from all player when the real car have it, that make no sense.

N0body Of The Goat
08-11-2015, 08:46
Going to bump this thread, because in the current re-run of Formula A @ Spa, there are times listed that just have ABS assist active (so this is not the longstanding issue of options> gameplay> assists "real" listing ABS/TC/SC active for all cars in leaderboards regardless of whether the real car has them or not).

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=56

I also find it curious why some of us on the leaderboard have a green label for assists, including me, when we have damage disabled.

I was disappointed to discover that in addition to at least ABS still apparently being possible to use, damage; mechanical damage; tyre wear can all be turned off for events.

The leading time for this Spa event is insane, currently 1min41.102secs!!!1! I wonder if this will still be possible after the incoming tyre update, which will give better camber thrust effect in corners and stop some runners using minimum camber for higherr top speeds on straights.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
10-11-2015, 14:41
Going to bump this thread, because in the current re-run of Formula A @ Spa, there are times listed that just have ABS assist active (so this is not the longstanding issue of options> gameplay> assists "real" listing ABS/TC/SC active for all cars in leaderboards regardless of whether the real car has them or not).
It's possible they had ABS on (and the others off) in settings, but not in the event, right? Because the event seems to override settings but the steam leaderboard lists them anyway. I didn't try toggling things on so I don't know if that's still possible.

Fabian Baumgarten
11-11-2015, 10:53
its not possible to use driving aids in events. the information on the leaderboard is wrong! i've mentioned this somewhere before. it always shows you are using driving aids, even if they got disabled by the time trail event. and it is not possible anymore to turn them back on by assigning hot key during the event.

PTG Baby Cow
12-11-2015, 18:46
Fabian is correct. You used to be able to manually toggle them back on once you entered the event, this has been disabled. The community events now have no assists for everyone even if the leaderboard may say otherside. I think this is based on their settings before entering the event which were overridden.