PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Championship Round 11 Formula A @ Spa-Francorchamps

GT-Club_Atho_
21-08-2015, 15:31
Well it's seems that with the MAJ 3.0 PC and PS4 players can't run with assists on. They are automatically disabled even if you active them on the menu page.

The problem is that Xbox players don't have MAJ 3.0 so they are not touched by this new setting. They can run with all assists on.
For example I've done 1.40.9 with ABS on and 1.41.6 without assists on PS4, big differences...

Given these, I hope that the staff will fix this soon otherwise everyone will not be tied.

choupolo
21-08-2015, 17:47
Is it on purpose that assists are now forced off in community events after 3.0? I thought it was just an issue with the Lotus 49.

Ryzza5
22-08-2015, 09:29
Reported to Andy T

Bealdor
22-08-2015, 09:33
As a workaround, you can reactivate them via hotkey: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37590-Have-traction-control-and-abs-been-disabled-for-community-events&p=1092599&viewfull=1#post1092599

It seems that they're not forced OFF but it looks like your local settings are ignored.

choupolo
22-08-2015, 09:54
Is it possible to do this on PS4? Assigning a hot key?

Bealdor
22-08-2015, 09:56
Yes. It's possible to assign ABS, TC and SC to a button in the controls menu.

Joni Varis
22-08-2015, 10:05
This event is useless anyway as XO has faster tyres when its still at 2.0. I dont get it how you can run these events cross platform, when all platforms doesnt even have the same version.

Kevin Leaune
22-08-2015, 10:54
Hello

this round is not balanced all! the differences between 2.0 and 3.0 is just HUGE! I ask the staff to cancel the round that everyone is in the same versions

thank you to arrange

N0body Of The Goat
22-08-2015, 15:21
Doesn't http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=34 just show the pc times?

I've not looked at this reported issue regarding assists not working by default, the issue is partly masked by the longstanding issue where setting assist to "real" will preport TC/ABS/SC all active in the Community Event and Time Trial leaderboards.

To be absolutely clear, I set my time with assists "none" for this event.

I was surprised how much time I gained by turning clutch to "manual" for this event, I improved my time by ~1 second!

I had damage enabled, so if I hit the bollards (which would reduce top speed due to aero damage), I restarted the session.

I know my time's car setup would pass "parc ferme" rules, I can add full race fuel and my car still drives normally (albeit obviously not as quick). How many other's above me can say the same? ;)

FACT0RY PIL0T
23-08-2015, 00:18
Hello

this round is not balanced all! the differences between 2.0 and 3.0 is just HUGE! I ask the staff to cancel the round that everyone is in the same versions

thank you to arrange

They should just quit there jobs and maybe we can get some programers hired that can actually fix things, and have a clue how race cars drive, tires react, brakes work, and setups that should fail F --fail.