PDA

View Full Version : Which car is shifting which way?

Sledgar
21-08-2015, 19:05
This question might be sounding a bit dumb to some of you but it would be nice if someone could help me out.

Is there a list or an easy way to find out which car shifts which way? For example the new gt3's shoft with pedals but what about the others? Im currently driving a ford mkiv and cant see a clutch pedal despite the driver using a normal h shifter. My dad told me that for example the bmw e30 uses a mirrored h shifter, where first gear is at the bottom left instead of top left. How should I know about all of that? I would like to drive each car how its meant to be but for some cars i just have no idea.

lacslyer
21-08-2015, 19:11
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28869-TM-shifter-H-box-car-list

PTG Baby Cow
21-08-2015, 19:14
I don't know of a way to tell other than drive them, and the mirrored h still wouldnt effect how you play even if you do have a wheel and shifter. If you see the driver using paddles i would assume no clutch manual shift w/ paddles I think there are very few if any cars with paddle shifters that actually use a clutch. if you see the driver shift i would assume use the h shifter w/ clutch. The clutch just may not have been added in the art, doesnt mean the car in real life wouldnt have one.

F1 gets a bit tricky as they are still paddles but i am 99% that they use a clutch but it is only for taking off of the grid, and i imagine the other formula cars (except the rookie) are the same.

Sledgar
21-08-2015, 19:15
The Thread says that the mclaren long tail is sequential but it has a clutch aswell :S Is there not a "detailed" list? But thanks for that one.

3800racingfool
21-08-2015, 19:20
The Thread says that the mclaren long tail is sequential but it has a clutch aswell :S Is there not a "detailed" list? But thanks for that one.

It as well as most all the GT3 cars as well as some Formula and Prototypes run a sequential paddle-shift box but have a clutch pedal. The clutch, in this case, is to get the car rolling from a stop. After that it's not needed.

Sledgar
21-08-2015, 19:26
It as well as most all the GT3 cars as well as some Formula and Prototypes run a sequential paddle-shift box but have a clutch pedal. The clutch, in this case, is to get the car rolling from a stop. After that it's not needed.

Where do you get these information from? Is there a site where all of this is standing?

3800racingfool
21-08-2015, 19:37
Where do you get these information from? Is there a site where all of this is standing?

It's actually the way the real cars work. If you're wondering about a particular car or series you might look it up. If it functions a certain way in the real world, it'll function that way in pCars.