PDA

View Full Version : AI tires practice and qualifying

leithnow
22-08-2015, 03:17
It seems like the AI don't seem as affected by initial cold tires at the beginning of the practice and qualifying segments. They fly through turns like they are at optimal Temps from the get go, meanwhile I'm trying to take it easy and not spin out. You guys notice the same?

Cholton82
22-08-2015, 06:51
Yeah I notice it , I tend to wait for them all to leave the pits and go out behind them otherwise they just punt me off !

Nats
22-08-2015, 12:17
Yes its impossible for the player to do the same without spinning off. I now just get out of their way for the first couple of laps.

I dont mind though that the AI are being given a few bumps up ahead of the human player in some instances like qualifying because AI are usually easier to beat in the long run. Although in this game the AI is actually very good and human like anyway.

Seelenkrank
22-08-2015, 13:30
the last days i start to skip training and qualifying because its waste of time!
1/3 to 1/2 of the time is wasted until the tyres are warm and if they are on temp a weatherchanges comes on your fast lap --> fast round ruined,qualifying over, sit there on the last place please...
or the KI starts to outbreak you and wont let you pass...
annoying!

Mahjik
22-08-2015, 17:10
It seems like the AI don't seem as affected by initial cold tires at the beginning of the practice and qualifying segments. They fly through turns like they are at optimal Temps from the get go, meanwhile I'm trying to take it easy and not spin out. You guys notice the same?

The AI does not experience cold tires the way the player does. The AI runs a simplified model of tires, aero, suspension, etc.. It's just not possible with today's processors to have large numbers of AI cars using the exact same model as the player.

The AI is slowed down in the beginning to help simulate cold tires. For some cars, they still may be a little too fast in that mode (I believe the vintage cars are still too fast during the cold tire phase). The more modern cars are closer.

leithnow
22-08-2015, 18:33
Guess I'll be waiting for the next patch release notes...Reckon they won't be coming at least until 3.0 drops on xb1

wraithsrike
22-08-2015, 18:42
I never bothered with practice or qualifications in the end , you spend 3/4 laps driving like miss daisy only to have the AI go whipping past you then when your tyres do warm up it starts to rain , and to say the AI don't run on the same tyre physics is lame imho its a racing game by its very nature the playing field should be even which in pcars it really isn't, if it couldn't be done properly it shouldn't of been done at all , its just another one of the games never ending lists of short falls.

The best thing to do if your so inclined is just except it as it is and play the best you can.

leithnow
22-08-2015, 19:04
From what I notice, they warm much faster during qualifying than they do in practice...if they could just make them warm up as fast in practice as they do in qualify, itd be fine. Or they could just let us start with warm tires.

Seelenkrank
22-08-2015, 21:38
warm tyres from beginning for all car types and there is no problem...
even its not "real", its a game, if i like to play it this way id would be nice if i can do so.

leithnow
23-08-2015, 06:41
Uh...I dunno. Last few races I've kept up or gone faster than the ai at the beginning of the practice and qualify on cold tires. Even in the Caterham Seven Classic, which is like driving on ice skates. Maybe I just had to get good at it. Super fun once you figure out how to handle some of these more difficult to drive vehicles. I'm starting to wonder if I should pump up the difficulty a tad even.

rams1de
23-08-2015, 07:12
Doesn't bother me in practise and has proved useful for some of those wet races when you need to achieve your qualifying times in the first two laps.

Nats
23-08-2015, 10:04
The best thing to do if your so inclined is just except it as it is and play the best you can.

Its accept it the way it is and no we should never settle for something we don't like, a bad feature. Forums exist to enable us to have a say which gives us a feeling we may actually at some point get an improved game that suits us. And whatever the devs may think, without the gaming fans buying their products they would have to go and get a real job. So it is we clients who have the real power not them. These days a few too many bad reviews on Steam can really ruin a developer I am sure especially those doing rather niche games like this.

Bealdor
23-08-2015, 10:55
and to say the AI don't run on the same tyre physics is lame imho its a racing game by its very nature the playing field should be even which in pcars it really isn't, if it couldn't be done properly it shouldn't of been done at all , its just another one of the games never ending lists of short falls.

Well, the alternative would be to give the AI the same tire model and limit the max car count on track to 2...

Seelenkrank
23-08-2015, 11:03
Well, the alternative would be to give the AI the same tire model and limit the max car count on track to 2...

give us warm tyres from start on and all is fine...
some cars only need 1-1,5 rounds to get warm tyres, the aston marton GT4 i drive lately need 3-4 (!) rounds + the first round that doesnt count and your qualy time is 50% over.
why had endurance races 1 hour training and 30 minutes quali time and other classes only the half?
make training as long as you like and qualyfing 30 minutes and its ok.

wraithsrike
23-08-2015, 11:47
[QUOTE=Nats;1094408]Its accept it the way it is and no we should never settle for something we don't like, a bad feature. Forums exist to enable us to have a say which gives us a feeling we may actually at some point get an improved game that suits us. And whatever the devs may think, without the gaming fans buying their products they would have to go and get a real job. So it is we clients who have the real power not them. These days a few too many bad reviews on Steam can really ruin a developer I am sure especially those doing rather niche games like .

Seriously your pulling people on typo's now , I hit the x instead of the c no big deal fella. Oh nichè.

wraithsrike
23-08-2015, 11:53

No the alternative would be to scrap cold tyres until it can be implemented correctly, its ok to have all these features but only if they work this is why maybe other developers don't implement them because it cannot be done correctly at this time , I take my hat off at what SMS has done but a line as to be drawn or the game will suffer and suffer it has.

wraithsrike
23-08-2015, 11:57
Double post...

Mahjik
23-08-2015, 16:03
Uh...I dunno. Last few races I've kept up or gone faster than the ai at the beginning of the practice and qualify on cold tires. Even in the Caterham Seven Classic, which is like driving on ice skates. Maybe I just had to get good at it.

Yes, that is the intent. It takes a little while to learn to drive on cold tires but once you do, most of the cars are tuned very close.