PDA

View Full Version : Native 3D Support?

VulcanVFX
22-08-2015, 08:14
So I got thinking and I REALLY miss playing 3D games! I remember when I first got my 3D TV playing Halo CE and BO2 Zombies in 3D was one of the most fun experiences in a while and the XB1 is capable of outputting 3D thanks to its update a late last year. I think if PCars had native 3D support it'd be awesome for people with the full cockpits and such and they already have Oculus rift support which is 3D. Plus this would be the first game on the next gen consoles that support 3D, what do you guys think? Will we ever see this?

Pcars Driver 44
22-08-2015, 09:16
Think this is something we would all love to see AND in time will do! BUT at the mo we're having issues with 3.0 so this may well be sometime away just yet. But yes please ;)

STEELJOCKEY
22-08-2015, 21:29
And Occulus Rift will be coming to Xbox hopefully later this year, going by E3

VulcanVFX
22-08-2015, 22:02
And Occulus Rift will be coming to Xbox hopefully later this year, going by E3

Kinda, the official support is coming when the Rift releases which is Q1 2016, however you can already play XB1 games on the Rift DK2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D35UDadNiNk&feature=share

STEELJOCKEY
22-08-2015, 22:51
That's not quite VR on the Xbox, that's creating a streamed game to your PC, and creating a VR desktop of the PC on the Rift. Moving your head around doesn't change the view in the car/game, just around your virtual room with a virtual screen on your virtual desk. And you are right, after checking out the E3 video, it's just streaming through your win10 PC.

Such a shame.

My TV has 3d conversion, and it works ok with games from the Xbox. Hopefully someone will see the future and do an update for real VR. It does run through HDMI, so surely it should be not that hard. And the consumer version is supposedly coming out first quarter of 2016.

VulcanVFX
22-08-2015, 22:59
That's not quite VR on the Xbox, that's creating a streamed game to your PC, and creating a VR desktop of the PC on the Rift. Moving your head around doesn't change the view in the car/game, just around your virtual room with a virtual screen on your virtual desk. And you are right, after checking out the E3 video, it's just streaming through your win10 PC.

Such a shame.

My TV has 3d conversion, and it works ok with games from the Xbox. Hopefully someone will see the future and do an update for real VR. It does run through HDMI, so surely it should be not that hard. And the consumer version is supposedly coming out first quarter of 2016.

Yes I know but that is how it's going to work. They never said otherwise, they simply said that you'll be able to stream your games straight to the rift which has it's benefits. Such as if a friend want's to watch a bluray on your Xbox you can still play Halo 5 with the Rift and it's actually a pretty cool experience cause it puts you in this awesome room with a huge TV and your gram is projected on that screen. Nonetheless Xbox did state they're working with Valve VR to find a way to get Xbox One games to work with the VR APIs but that'll be a while. The thing bout VR is the game has to be ran at not only higher resolutions then 1080p, but also higher framerate, we're talking atleast 90fps for it to be a comfortable experience and getting the Xbox One to be able to do that is going to a huge challenge. Something is better then nothing so I'm happy with the current rift support, I'm honestly looking more forward to HoloLens then anything though.

STEELJOCKEY
22-08-2015, 23:13
Here's hoping DX12 will make some improvements then that might make it possible

VulcanVFX
23-08-2015, 03:26
Here's hoping DX12 will make some improvements then that might make it possible

Yeah no kidding, if anything it'll be a leap in the right direction.