PDA

View Full Version : Button Assignments for Thrustmaster 458 Wheel.

Nic Jackson
22-08-2015, 13:07
Guys

Apart for the obvious I.e Gear Changes etc..... what buttons on the steering wheel do you have mapped for what actions?

I drive in helmet view and used to use the D pad to look down at the dash in some of the cars, however there seem to be a distinct lack of assinable buttons on the steering wheel.

Can anyone please help

Nic

Beltoon
22-08-2015, 13:14
Only assigned DRS to X and Switch Camera to 'select'. Didn't assign reset car but that is a crappy feature which shouldn't be in a sim racer. It's a shame I lose a button to switch UI because the game always starts without the mirror...

Brent G
22-08-2015, 13:53
I have the GTE wheel so I have lights set to flash (Y) wipers to water (select) woulda been nice to have to wiper but hey ho. Then I got cycle Motec set to scroll (A) cycle hud to radio (B) and then seat up, down, back, forward all set to d-pad. Apart from wiper to wiper they all suit pretty well. I leave X for spare, although its set for cycle camera I only use cockpit. I suppose I could use it for KERS really.

Brent G
22-08-2015, 13:56
[QUOTE=Beltoon;1093594] Didn't assign reset car but that is a crappy feature which shouldn't be in a sim

Too true my good man, it has no place at all.

OpticalHercules
22-08-2015, 14:48
I most often drive in Chase cam, so I have a bit more view around the car, but some car classes I do prefer cockpit (formula anything) or bonnet/roof cam (LMP). Because of this I do not map look-around buttons.

A-DRS
B-KERS (easier to hold down while driving than A, but they can be swapped)
X-Ebrake
Y-LookBack
Menu-Menu
Window/select/othermenu button -Reset Car
Dpad up-cycle Camera
Dpad down-Cycle Telemetry
Dpad Left- Cycle lap timer
Dpad Right-Pit call

I have changes Dleft/Right to look on occasion, also I will change those to move seat around when doing initial setup on some car.

STEELJOCKEY
22-08-2015, 21:27
Y- look left
B- look right
X- wipers
A- lights
D pad up- change view
Down- motec display
Left/right- as per default for telemetry/lap timings etc

Don't normally race cars with KERS/DRS, but when I do I'll usually assign view button or A/X to them depending on what I don't need for the car, ie open wheelers don't usually have lights and wipers

PTG Baby Cow
22-08-2015, 22:46
I most often drive in Chase cam, so I have a bit more view around the car, but some car classes I do prefer cockpit (formula anything) or bonnet/roof cam (LMP). Because of this I do not map look-around buttons.

A-DRS
B-KERS (easier to hold down while driving than A, but they can be swapped)
X-Ebrake
Y-LookBack
Menu-Menu
Window/select/othermenu button -Reset Car
Dpad up-cycle Camera
Dpad down-Cycle Telemetry
Dpad Left- Cycle lap timer
Dpad Right-Pit call

I have changes Dleft/Right to look on occasion, also I will change those to move seat around when doing initial setup on some car.

Why do you have handbrake mapped? Do you actually use it?

OpticalHercules
22-08-2015, 23:02
Yes, for starts. Not all cars have it, but I am so damned terrible at starts that it really does help me. Besides, there's nothing else that's a standalone button I really want to put in it's place. Lights/Wipers/Ignition are all auto if you don't map them, so I just leave them unmapped. There's no point in mapping just one of the adjustment settings since you'd only be able to adjust one way without going back.

I suppose I could map ABS or TCS to turn them off whenever I end up in a lobby that has them on, but the only online I'm really doing at them moment is my own series where assists are set to real. Would sort of be a bad example if I force assists to real and then manually disable them for my car. I'm not comfortable enough with GT3 cars to run without them anyway.

Nic Jackson
23-08-2015, 16:09
Thanks Guys

Nic

MrLiister
23-08-2015, 17:44
I have the following assignments mapped, always in Helmet cam. I swap the buttons around depending on what wheel I'm using, either the GTE or F1 and sometimes I will swap out the Cycle Lap Info for KERS/DRS and Request Pit Stop.

Headlights
Windscreen Wipers
Cycle Camera
Look Behind
Seat Forward
Seat Backward
Pause
Cycle Motec LCD
Cycle HUD Display
Cycle Lap Info or KERS/DRS or Request Pit Stop