PDA

View Full Version : I can't find any servers

MrBlacky
22-08-2015, 21:23
I can't find any servers more than ~30.

My friends can see about 100. What am I doing wrong? I have no filters set active.

Can anyone help?

MrBlacky
08-09-2015, 20:12
Any ideas?:(

Mahjik
10-09-2015, 18:03
What do you have your Steam Ping settings set to? You may be filtering out servers your friends are not...

Also, are you and your friends in the same region?

MrBlacky
11-09-2015, 14:21
Set to automatic... And yes, they are in the same region.

Chin
08-10-2015, 00:55
My buddy is having a similar issue... We live 5mi apart, both have our DL set to 'Minneapolis' and he sees ~20 lobbies (it is always a similar amount), while I see 130+. Worse is that he can rarely see a room I set up. We have tried changing DL regions without luck. This has been ongoing for at least a month, likely longer. So, reboots, etc are obviously not a solution.

Alan_Bernardo
08-10-2015, 01:27
I think a search might give you your answer. Many have had similar problems and the solution is simple.

A little hint-- check your filters.

Chin
08-10-2015, 18:42
I think a search might give you your answer. Many have had similar problems and the solution is simple.

A little hint-- check your filters.

Nope, been there and done that. This isn't an issue with only a certain car showing up, it is a variety of cars/tracks/etc showing up. In addition, in discussing we determined that this was indeed the case prior to 4.0 anyway...

Appreciate the suggestion.

AdM1
08-10-2015, 18:46
I had noticed before when planning a race with someone there lobby wasn't showing up on the list unless I chose the class type, if that makes sense. I thought if you had it showed as 'any' for tracks/cars it showed them all but clearly not.

For example if you want a GT3 lobby and have it set at 'any' and then set it to 'GT3' chances are there will be more GT3 lobbies appear than if you had it set as 'any'

Gibbon
08-10-2015, 20:20
112 empty servers...

Wow.

Finally get a few cars to the point where they may not be mobile chicanes and any chance of racing a human or three? LOL. Nope. Nice game this but if the only racing I can get is on private servers at scheduled times then GL&HF. Was the Multiplayer experience SO bad that people gave up with it and just run privately now? I'm really disappointed. Just released five months ago and the multiplayer is already dead? That astonishes me.

I have changed the class to any and I'm seeing lots of servers. Unless I'm really missing something with the search function here then what I'm seeing is the online population at peak evening time. Is what I see affected by the car I have picked in garage? I'm seeing all classes of server but maybe there's something freaky going on.

I just can't believe there are 3 people online in public MP. That can't be right. If it is then thank god I got this game on half price. 20 for a hotlap practice sim is fair enough lol.

Steam ping filter set to 5k

Gibbon

lollygag
08-10-2015, 20:53
132 lobbys right now for me, there were 157 about 1 hour ago.. 110 or so are the empty dedicated servers and they sit below the hosted games.

Oh and regional settings have no effect for pCars because there are so few games worldwide to begin with

Chin
08-10-2015, 20:55
I had noticed before when planning a race with someone there lobby wasn't showing up on the list unless I chose the class type, if that makes sense. I thought if you had it showed as 'any' for tracks/cars it showed them all but clearly not.

For example if you want a GT3 lobby and have it set at 'any' and then set it to 'GT3' chances are there will be more GT3 lobbies appear than if you had it set as 'any'

I don't think this will solve the issue, as we tried picking the class of the race I had just started. However, will check to see if this helps him see the same lobbies as I do. That would at least be an improvement.

This really is quite ridiculous, we never had an issue in development. ...and I suspect it will go unaddressed considering it isn't impacting the majority. :disturbed:

lollygag
08-10-2015, 20:59
So your on right now?

Host a race called Chin I'll see if i see you.

Chin
08-10-2015, 21:08
No, at work :(

I have not had issues in general with people joining my lobby and always see the '130ish' lobbies, so it isn't a issue on my side. This is an issue on the side of my buddy. He rarely sees my lobby, and never (I think) sees more than 20-30 lobbies any time he signs in. He sees a mix of hosted and dedicated games, so it isn't limited to one type. We have played with all the filter settings already; thought about port issues, but that doesn't really feel like the issue either. When he changed his download region in Steam, he had the same result. His 'ping' setting in Steam is set to Automatic.

MrBlacky
08-10-2015, 23:42
I still have the problem. Our league has 6 dedicated servers and none of them is shown in my server list. Everyone else can see the empty servers...
If someone is on the server already, I can see them. Strange.

erickgoldner
09-10-2015, 12:04
I still have the problem. Our league has 6 dedicated servers and none of them is shown in my server list. Everyone else can see the empty servers...
If someone is on the server already, I can see them. Strange.

This sounds like a port forwarding problem on your router config.
This actually ocurred on my case when trying to host with the Dedicated server.
Only when i joined the server it would become visible to others.
So gave another look at the port forwarding and now its ok.

MrBlacky
09-10-2015, 16:44
What ports do I need to forward?

erickgoldner
09-10-2015, 16:47
What ports do I need to forward?

Im working now, check the 2 dedicated server topics, it should be there.