PDA

View Full Version : Weather progression [SYNC TO RACE] does not do anything

tyl3r99
22-08-2015, 23:51
i noticed that when you set the weather progression to SYNC TO RACE it doesn't seem to do anything, the weather stayed "clear" throughout both races for the full duration.

I did 2 races both with 4 weather slot the 1st being clear and the other 3 "Random"
these races were 25 laps and 40 laps

what are the chances of all the random weather being clear lol???
I did these races both on single and multilayer

to me the sync to race sounds like it would fit all weather slots into the race for you.

anyone comment on this?

MetheadMan
23-08-2015, 01:03
Yep I've seen this thread pop up every now and then. I still have not seen a legitimate response to how this feature works and to be honest I would really like to hear why this still isn't working. In theory you'd figure that if you set 4 weather slots (choose sync-to-race) it should split all the weather forecasts into 4 separate quadrants based on the amount of laps you've chosen. I'd really like to hear a clear answer to this.

N0body Of The Goat
23-08-2015, 07:37
"Sync to race" works as intended for me, unless I use "random" for a slot, where it always seems to use "clear."

I just done 3 races using 4 slots: 1/2 laps at Spa, 1 lap at Nordschleife in the Formula A.

TrevorAustin
23-08-2015, 08:02
The real weather option seems a little flawed still. I just did a 1 hour race at 25* at Le mans. Was almost pleased when it rained after a couple of laps, but literally for 60% of every lap it rained, with the engineer announcing he was expecting rain in 30 minutes after it started raining every time.

I ended up pitting for inters, fuelled to the end and won by a mile as all the AI pitted pretty much every lap to change from wets to soft back to wets depending when it had started/stopped raining on that lap. I can't believe it rained for 1.5 hours out of every 2 in France yesterday.

Bealdor
23-08-2015, 10:24
"Sync to Race" does only work if you're not using any pre race sessions (Qualifying or Pactice for example).

Sorry for the shameless advertising but as a workaround you can use my QRWEP (link in my sig).