PDA

View Full Version : Does my FFB look big in this

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 08:00
I know things are a bit slow waiting for Patch 3 but I had a daft idea today to revisit my FFB. I was pretty happy with my existing FFB but felt that there was something missing in the overall range as sometimes it seemed muted somewhat, so I decided to play around with FFB and TF and swapped the settings round.

Anyway below are 2 vids from Oulton Park with the RUG GT and Formula Rookie which I think has pretty good FFB, what do others think

I have tried to ignore the racing and looked to hit rumbles, bumps, of track etc to show the full extent of the FFB

I tell you its a dam sight harder to go off track when you actually want too than when you don't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3EB23_HYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRT64ZLRxUI

ashasha
23-08-2015, 20:36
Based purely on the display I think that it looks like there is great dynamic range and almost zero if any clipping at all. I'd be really curious as to what your philosophy is on setting up FFB. Are you using the JackSpade cheatsheet and then dialing in the game's overall settings or is everything original tweakage?

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 21:39
Based purely on the display I think that it looks like there is great dynamic range and almost zero if any clipping at all. I'd be really curious as to what your philosophy is on setting up FFB. Are you using the JackSpade cheatsheet and then dialing in the game's overall settings or is everything original tweakage?

Not sure it can be classed as a philosophy but it has taken me since release to now to find what I like, and this how I did it

1. Used 1 track, only - so I could get used to the feel of the track. Oulton was picked as it was one of the laser scanned tracks and you can feel everything from the road
2. Generally used the ruf based on a recommendation on this site, again 1 car only so you know what it is doing
3. All testing was done with the car default ffb no jack spade

At first I used a combination of RAG, SCOOP & CLIP,as suggested by others in forum, but along the way realised that as we have no idea how these relate to our chosen wheel this was pointless. It could be that the xbox version was setup for a tx wheel (or not as I have no idea) but if it was then all settings for the game ffb should actually be zero. The majority of advice is from pc users who assume that the PC ffb has been ported direct to xbox, but I am not sure this is right.

Clip was turned off first as I hardly ever had clipping unless using a stupid high tf figure

From another thread it became clear to me that scoop was not needed either as the tx has a built in knee - so that went to Zero http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35147-Linear-FFB-Test-Excel-sheet-Universal

I then just payed around with RAG and settled on what I liked

However as I said in my OP I still wasn't happy and had the crazy idea to lower ffb and raise tf on the assumption I wanted to feel more from the tyres. I know the opinion seems to be that this isn't right and ffb should be 100 but as most thoughts on ffb semi to be based on PC I figured what the hell. It may be that I could increase ffb and slightly reduce tf which i may look at in future, but at present it works for me.

Once this was done I then introduce jacks and went through each file testing around 10 laps( to allow tyres to properly warm up) for each looking to see if I could feel what the car was doing and settled on 66% v2. With this I can feel understeer, tyre skip on road and with rookie you can feel the lightness of loss of traction.,

It has taken me probably 150 hours plus to get here , with a lot of pain on the way but it has been worth it I just hope patch 3 doesn't screw it up.

Ramble over

Post Update

Forgot to say that whilst I have used JS settings for this car on others I have had to tweek the Master/SOP up as although FFB meter seems fine that is not being transmitted fully to the wheel. I have noticed this mainly on the road cars.

The next thing I will do is try and work out what the actual in car FFB does, but for the minute I want to have a good go at racing as have not done much of that yet