PDA

View Full Version : [APPROVED BY MS] Companion App

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 08:22
I see in PS4 land that SMS have confirmed the ability to dump data from the PS4 to enable the possible use of external app

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24031-Unlikely-Second-Screen-amp-Apps-on-PS4&p=1093877&viewfull=1#post1093877

I don't to start a long winded debate but if somebody from SMS could confirm if the same attention is being given to the xbox side to allow this to happen for us as well that would be appeciated

UPDATE 28th September - Timm from SMS has confirmed that MS has approved this

Okay, I made you wait long enough (I actually had to wait for one more piece of info about port numbers and display names, which I now have).

We've had to enter into some quite complex negotiation with 1st Party's to be able to do this (I'm not aware of any other application that has been allowed to do this), however everyone has been very accommodating. We've had to make a number of changes due to security concerns, but we now have the waivers in-place to enable the following:

1) There will be a GUI option that will enable UDP (It will probably just consist of off/0/1/2/3 etc. to allow for various different versions in future).
2) A UDP port will be opened and packets sent to local broadcast address.
3) Various packets will be sent, based on the existing 'shared memory' api.
4) The actual contents of the packets, data layout etc. will be published.
5) You are free to interpret the data in any way which you wish.
6) This will be enabled on ALL platforms. (I'm including PC although this wasn't part of the original plan, as it would be a fairly trivial addition and would allow phone apps. etc. to work directly.)

Apart from the GUI bit, it will all be implemented by me as I don't want to impact anyone else's workload. As far as a time line goes I will try and implement it as soon as possible now we have the go ahead. I've had offers from a few app developers for various testing applications, I will call on you again shortly to help test the implementation.

gds1972
23-08-2015, 08:39
Hopefully SMS can do some sort of second screen using the Xbox Smartglass app. I know this app can act as a second screen as Dead Rising 3 uses it.

Plato99
23-08-2015, 11:20
Let's get screen 1 working first please.

KkDrummer
23-08-2015, 11:36

hahaha this one cracked me up...but smartglass integration would be sweet!

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 11:47

Understood but we do not want to be left behind. PS4 guys have kept this on the agenda and seem to be getting somewhere. We need to do same and keep issues live on forum.

If they think Xboxers have gone silent they may not put as much effort in, there are loads of unanswered posts in our forums , which is not good as it looks like we are not being given same attention as other platforms

Raven403
23-08-2015, 11:54
Understood but we do not want to be left behind. PS4 guys have kept this on the agenda and seem to be getting somewhere. We need to do same and keep issues live on forum.

If they think Xboxers have gone silent they may not put as much effort in, there are loads of unanswered posts in our forums , which is not good as it looks like we are not being given same attention as other platforms

We arent. Haven't been from the beginning.

This was already brought up and I'm pretty sure we were told it's not possible.

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 12:05
This was already brought up and I'm pretty sure we were told it's not possible.

That was the answer PS4 was given as well but it now appears that answers was wrong

Can the SMS lead developer for Xbox to revisit the issue

Im Sorry
23-08-2015, 12:29
That was the answer PS4 was given as well but it now appears that answers was wrong

Can the SMS lead developer for Xbox to revisit the issue

Is there one??

mcevoym
23-08-2015, 12:39
Metal gear solid companion app for both ps4 and xbox one not only displays info from the game but you can interact with it. Unsure why the same approach can't be taken with pCars.

Scav3nger
23-08-2015, 13:53
Metal gear solid companion app for both ps4 and xbox one not only displays info from the game but you can interact with it. Unsure why the same approach can't be taken with pCars.

Development time and budget constraints, among others. We've seen already how much work it's taken for them to get the game working properly on its own, let alone dedicated time and developers to working on a companion app or second screen program.

OpticalHercules
23-08-2015, 15:17

Destiny does the same. You can't interact with the game in real time, but you can interact with your game data, such as moving items from inventories to vault/storage between different characters. While such an approach likely wouldn't work for data such as telemetry unless it's recorded data, there's no reason it couldn't work with tunes and pit strategies.

Plato99
23-08-2015, 15:35
...... there's no reason it couldn't work with tunes and pit strategies.

If Tunes and Pit Strategies actually worked, obviously.

OpticalHercules
23-08-2015, 15:45
If Tunes and Pit Strategies actually worked, obviously.

True, but if this app worked, it could also give you a place to back up your tunes separate from your Game Save/cloud Save, which problems we know is not addressed in patch 3.0

Apoc112
23-08-2015, 16:13
Telemetry data from past races or practice sessions would be clutch. I would love to be able to review my fast laps for some points to work on, even if it was just recorded and available in the app after a session. 30 minute practice with a little tuning, then review the best lap/sectors before heading into quali...

Psychomatrix
23-08-2015, 16:17
The assassins creed unity app doing similar things. So it will be on xbox one possible too

inthebagbud
23-08-2015, 16:44
Development time and budget constraints, among others. We've seen already how much work it's taken for them to get the game working properly on its own, let alone dedicated time and developers to working on a companion app or second screen program.

We are not talking about SMS writing the app. The app guys who made the ones for the PC I am sure have said they can do it if they can get the data. Getting the data was the issue but at least on PS4 this seems to now be possible.

Hopefully SMS will now look into the Xbox

MrLiister
23-08-2015, 17:32
I would love to have this, more for having the live telemetry so can have a completely clear HUD. Of course would welcome any other uses.

The SmartGlass app was designed for interacting with the games, it's the perfect solution but likely to require more time and effort. If it was possible to use one of the existing apps that the PC guys use, perfect. I do hope it's possible, SMS say they are not abandoning PCARS1 and this is a great addition IMO.

ashasha
23-08-2015, 20:27
I was hoping that we could get a smartglass app to be able to program it like a button box for some of the things that we just don't have enough buttons to program onto a wheel....even though to be honest I don't really know what buttons I'm missing out on right now. :)

Telemetry is a really cool idea though.

Jerry Buzz
23-08-2015, 23:03
Anyone know if Forza 6 has SmartGlass integration? I haven't heard anyone bragging about it there. If Forza can't integrate their game with SmartGlass, I doubt MS would let SMS do it. SmartGlass started out with promise, but it's ended up more of a flashy sales tool than an app that adds value to a game.

OpticalHercules
23-08-2015, 23:08
Why does it need to be integrated with SmartGlass at all?

Sure, if you want telemetry or live second-screen functionality, yes you need smartglass. But if you're just interacting with data files, you should be able to create a standalone app. I don't think any of the other game apps mentioned so far in this thread are linked with smartglass in any way. If you don't need smartglass, then you don't need Microsoft's consent to use it.

Raven403
24-08-2015, 02:33

Sure, if you want telemetry or live second-screen functionality, yes you need smartglass. But if you're just interacting with data files, you should be able to create a standalone app. I don't think any of the other game apps mentioned so far in this thread are linked with smartglass in any way. If you don't need smartglass, then you don't need Microsoft's consent to use it.

No but I believe the issue was external apps collecting data from the Xbox at all. This is just based on what I thought I remember from the other thread about it

inthebagbud
24-08-2015, 06:13
Self indulgent bump for Monday morning hoping xbox lead developer reads the thread !

Plato99
24-08-2015, 08:09
Reading of Xbox threads has been handed to a third party.

Raven403
24-08-2015, 11:02
Self indulgent bump for Monday morning hoping xbox lead developer reads the thread !

Ill +1 this just to find out if there actually is one lol

MrLiister
24-08-2015, 11:20
+2 well just because...

Apoc112
24-08-2015, 11:25

Totally true... lots of apps (most companion apps, i would wager) interact with games outside of SmartGlass or any MS system at all. But that would require SMS to run a server that the game and apps use to communicate.

OpticalHercules
24-08-2015, 14:25
Totally true... lots of apps (most companion apps, i would wager) interact with games outside of SmartGlass or any MS system at all. But that would require SMS to run a server that the game and apps use to communicate.

True, now that I think about it. The only experience I have with non-smartglass Xbox interaction is with Destiny App, so my experience is kind of limited. The difference between Destiny and PCars is that Destiny data is saved on Bungie/Activision's servers, while PCars data is saved locally and on Xbox Cloud. Maybe you would have to have smartglass to interact with it. Maybe that is why PS4 and PC get that app. PC is obvious, since the data is held locally on a system you can configure any way you want and possibly backed up on Steam who is notoriously open-ended in comparison to other host systems (specifically, ones starting with M and ending with Suck). PS4 I don't know how data is stored or accessed there, or whether Sony has the same/similar controls on that data.

inthebagbud
24-08-2015, 14:39
From the quote below in the PS4 it doesn't seem like this will go through any SMS gear

There is a 'companion app' api on PS4. I've just had a look at the 'shared memory' api. I can probably knock something up which will dump the same layout out to a port if there's interest.

As has been pointed out the issue is how Microsoft lets users access their data, I am no techie so we need input from SMS on this - but the initial response re the PS4 was that it was not possible - just needs somebody to investigate fully like Tim did for the PS4

MrLiister
24-08-2015, 15:16
I really hope we have an Xbox version of Tim Mann putting the extra effort in by investigating this and willing to "knock something up" so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 times more difficult on the Xbox but without any confirmation from SMS we are in the dark as usual.

Raven403
24-08-2015, 15:17
I really hope we have an Xbox version of Tim Mann putting the extra effort in by investigating this and willing to "knock something up" so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 10 times more difficult on the Xbox but without any confirmation from SMS we are in the dark as usual.

I've never once seen anyone post here with Xbox in their title, so while I would like that too, I doubt it's the case

AllenDMac
24-08-2015, 15:45
Exactly lol

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 06:27
Looks like this thread is going to die just like a lot of other xbox threads with potential to improve the game (yes I know about patch 3 but we have got to keep pushing for the improvements)

Doesn't seem to be a lot of xbox users around to keep things on the agenda or input from SMS

MrLiister
25-08-2015, 11:11
It's very sad and seems one sided concerning consoles. Doesn't make any sense to me at all, if it's not possible why don't the devs just say so.

BMWE87
25-08-2015, 11:15
Looks like this thread is going to die just like a lot of other xbox threads with potential to improve the game (yes I know about patch 3 but we have got to keep pushing for the improvements)

Doesn't seem to be a lot of xbox users around to keep things on the agenda or input from SMS

Or maybe Xbox One owners have had enough of the support they've got compared to PS4 and can't be bothered with the game/devs anymore, playing other games and are waiting for FM6.

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 12:41
Or maybe Xbox One owners have had enough of the support they've got compared to PS4 and can't be bothered with the game/devs anymore, playing other games and are waiting for FM6.

I agree but those still active here who want the game to succeed have to remain positive or we end up fulfilling our own prophecy

I am no publicist for the game and keep my opinions to myself on how each side has been treated/treated each other , but we either engage or whither as if they see no interest I am sure they will consider whether it is worth improving Xbox version

BMWE87
25-08-2015, 12:45
I agree but those still active here who want the game to succeed have to remain positive or we end up fulfilling our own prophecy

I am no publicist for the game and keep my opinions to myself on how each side has been treated/treated each other , but we either engage or whither as if they see no interest I am sure they will consider whether it is worth improving Xbox version

It's a sad day when a player needs to come on here first, to check issues with the game, before actually playing the game.

I do see your point, majority of Xbox One owners on here feel let down and I sympathise, I've had this game since day one yet I haven't had one single day of playing it WITHOUT any problems. I can safely say that the majority of X1 owners, on this forum have had enough with PCars.

inthebagbud
26-08-2015, 07:25
An update from the PS4 thread which looks encouraging assuming the replies from Sony/MS are positive

No update at the moment chaps, still waiting to hear back from 1st parties (requests have gone to both, the code would be very similar and I would do both platforms). It's actually quite an unusual request for them, as we are basically asking for the ability for non-approved developers to be able to access data directly from a console game. So we have to specify everything in quite some detail.

Note: This is completely different from us providing (or a licensed developer providing) a 'companion app', where of course we have access to all second screen and companion app api's. I'm trying to give you (as in 3rd party non-licensed developers) the ability to access telemetry data directly from the console, so you can write your own (or indeed adapt some of the very fine apps that have already been developed for PC).

The data format would be open to all, same as the PC version.

Schnizz58
26-08-2015, 17:03
At least they're trying right?

inthebagbud
26-08-2015, 21:19
Latest update today

Nothing new to add today, except emails are still going back and forward (put it this way, no one has turned round and said a definite 'no' yet). I'll keep you informed when I know one way or the other.

MrLiister
26-08-2015, 22:45
Sounds promising... I like this Tim guy a lot

Dynomight Motorsports
27-08-2015, 05:18
I'm sure anything is possible if MS can find a way to make us Pay more money! Seems like it's all about the money as far as the XB1 is concerned. They've talked about the ability to add peripherals like Keyboards and Mouses. I guarantee that won't happen unless those said peripherals were stamped with the big green X driving the Cost Up. I just loved how M$ just expected us to go out and buy $400 wheels to go with our new $400 consoles, because our 360 wheels were obsolete now. I have been very unimpressed with SmartAss.. I mean SmartGlass.. whoopty do I can change the channel on my TV. It's still broken in many ways. I prefer the old Xbox app at least I can still type a message with it.

CPU M Rossi
27-08-2015, 05:40
I'm sure anything is possible if MS can find a way to make us Pay more money! Seems like it's all about the money as far as the XB1 is concerned. They've talked about the ability to add peripherals like Keyboards and Mouses. I guarantee that won't happen unless those said peripherals were stamped with the big green X driving the Cost Up. I just loved how M$ just expected us to go out and buy $400 wheels to go with our new $400 consoles, because our 360 wheels were obsolete now. I have been very unimpressed with SmartAss.. I mean SmartGlass.. whoopty do I can change the channel on my TV. It's still broken in many ways. I prefer the old Xbox app at least I can still type a message with it.

hmmm Xbox One is getting free backwards compatibility, PS players have to pay to stream the games, 2 free xbox 360 games a month & now 2 free xbox one games a month. Not to mention, oh wait I already did in another thread, keyboards already work with the Xbox One & 360(only wired for the 360 I believe tho) they just can't be used in games as a controller as of right now

Then Microsoft had a site called club Bing which you earned points by playing games which you could redeem for free stuff(no shipping or handling was charged), while yes it was a gimmick to get Bing a bunch of search hits cause it did a search with every answer. All anything costed was time.
So no company is gonna be perfect as they are all run by humans who are not perfect.

browny8099
27-08-2015, 06:14
I think people's perception of MS is tainted by the old CEO. Times are changing, it is no longer their mission to make money, it is their to make great products that everyone will use, gain market share again, do that and the money will follow. Just look at all the office 365 introductions, sway, power bi to name a few which are great products and are free. It is going to take time to undo the mess that was initially created with Xbox one by the old CEO but things will change. As the post above States, backwards compatibility is coming and free, first on many steps to recovery.

Raven403
27-08-2015, 12:36
I think people's perception of MS is tainted by the old CEO. Times are changing, it is no longer their mission to make money, it is their to make great products that everyone will use, gain market share again, do that and the money will follow. Just look at all the office 365 introductions, sway, power bi to name a few which are great products and are free. It is going to take time to undo the mess that was initially created with Xbox one by the old CEO but things will change. As the post above States, backwards compatibility is coming and free, first on many steps to recovery.

This. Their Image took a huge hit at E3 LAST year, and after Xbox got a new Dept Head things started going immediately in a better direction, as evidenced by THIS years E3. Id say the future is bright for Xbox, yes it has had a slow start, but as always will come out on top in terms of Quality and Value.

Steve UK
28-08-2015, 23:04
Hi,

So back on topic, how likely is this to happen for the xbox? Definitely interested, my favourite is the Dashmeter pro. Anyone else have a favourite?

Dynomight Motorsports
29-08-2015, 00:39
I would like to have some better lap time info, maybe a whole trap map with other driver positions. Basically I want to get rid of my HUD. It's easier for me to chase someone down when I can see where they are on the map as opposed to looking at the delta. Also a companion app that can interpret the Telemetry in between runs would be great. It kind of sucks on Console that we have to diagnose the telemetry and still hit your marks while driving. I find it easier to text and drive then reading the Telemetry.

inthebagbud
29-08-2015, 05:56
There is no further update from Tim at sms since the 27th , we just have to wait and see the response from ms

inthebagbud
02-09-2015, 05:31
Latest update not much but it's not dead yet

as far as i know discussions are still on going with microsoft and sony with regards to being allowed to do this, Tim will let us know whats going on as soon as he has an update worth sharing... patience you must have my young padawans.

also keep in mind that if everything is approved, it will still take a while before a new game patch can be built, tested, approved by ms/sony and ultimately released for the consoles AND the companion app developers will also need to add support to their apps to make them work with the console api.

KkDrummer
02-09-2015, 14:52
fingers crossed!

oscarolim
02-09-2015, 17:09

If developers don't want to use the tools they are provided with, is definitely not Microsoft's fault.
Smarglass is underused by developers, companion apps are definitely possible (NFS Rivals had one and worked well), so is not something new.

And maybe you should update your apps, as the latest smartglass app let's you send and read messages (and as done so for at least a year).

Dynomight Motorsports
02-09-2015, 23:41
I have updated all my apps, Oscar, but when I go to click on a messages even though the smartglass shows my dashboard as I see it, it tells me it needs to link to a console. So there is still something not working correctly. I can change the channel and even see my tv guide on my tablet, but it doesn't work for messages. To me....that's broke.

oscarolim
03-09-2015, 00:09
Something odd going there. You should be able to access the messages and the store without connecting to the console. And when connected to a console, if you're in a place where you're going to write text, a keyboard shows up on the app.
Any chance you still have the 360 version installed? There was a time where there were two versions available.

Headdogg81
03-09-2015, 01:14
My hopes are fading fast for this feature. Let me clarify something though. Instead of SMS developing their own smartglass companion or dedicated app they are trying to just "open up" the console for third party devs to create their own apps. Would it not be easier for them to develop their own? Is it a cost thing?

inthebagbud
03-09-2015, 08:30
My hopes are fading fast for this feature. Let me clarify something though. Instead of SMS developing their own smartglass companion or dedicated app they are trying to just "open up" the console for third party devs to create their own apps. Would it not be easier for them to develop their own? Is it a cost thing?

The route being looked into at present is for SMS to open up the channel for others to provide the app's as they are the ones experienced in this field

inthebagbud
06-09-2015, 06:57
Latest update below, Timm doesn't state which 1st party is which but as neither has said no at this point it still remains posotive

As it's been a while.....all I can say at the moment is that the concept has been 'approved' by one 1st party (not so much approved, but they raised no objections and
there was nothing in the TRC's provided we didn't use a restricted list of port numbers). The other 1st party, emails are still going back and forth.

We have another chap here who's already done some UDP server code which outputs the shared memory struct, so I'm sure between us we can come up with a satisfactory format. I'm unable to give you a time frame at the moment as this is something I need to do in my own time (as the day job is all rendering related), but I'll try and squeeze it into one of the forth coming patches.

Tim

oscarolim
06-09-2015, 10:47
So Sony is OK with it, and Microsoft is still going back and forth (most likely, since Sony allows the use of a keyboard with the game and Microsoft doesn't).

Dynomight Motorsports
06-09-2015, 20:39
That's changing with Xbox though. You can still use a Keyboard with XB1, but just not in a game.

Headdogg81
07-09-2015, 05:19
So MS are going to allow the keyboard to be used as an extension to a controller within game? Essentially turning the keyboard into a button box? Will us XB owners finally be able to map all the keys we need?

inthebagbud
07-09-2015, 06:04
So MS are going to allow the keyboard to be used as an extension to a controller within game? Essentially turning the keyboard into a button box? Will us XB owners finally be able to map all the keys we need?

Back in July Phil Spencer from xbox stated keyboard integration "wasn't far away", how far he did not clarify. There is a major update to xbox coming in the fall, maybe it will be in that.

Presumably if it does come it would need the games to be updated to provide this integration though

inthebagbud
24-09-2015, 17:29
Latest update from PS4 thread - although Tim doesn't state which 1st party has approved this

Just a quick update, received an email this morning from 1st party, we may have finally got what we wanted.....

Schnizz58
24-09-2015, 18:46
Has to be Sony but that's still good news.

TheReaper GT
24-09-2015, 18:49
Has to be Sony but that's still good news.

We never know, xbox people are all for to inovations. :D

oscarolim
24-09-2015, 20:46
Based on the fact that is the PS4 that has keyboard support, something tells me this is also on the sony side. Would love to be wrong, and I hope I am wrong, but is just very doubtful that this was an email from Microsoft...

TheReaper GT
24-09-2015, 21:02
Based on the fact that is the PS4 that has keyboard support, something tells me this is also on the sony side. Would love to be wrong, and I hope I am wrong, but is just very doubtful that this was an email from Microsoft...

One has nothing to do with the other. But my money is also on Sony that time.

inthebagbud
26-09-2015, 08:16
I have good news. But I'll post about it more on Monday.

I think Tim is enjoying the suspense angle a little too much ;)

KkDrummer
26-09-2015, 11:20
Microsoft is normally pretty closed to external partners and/or data coming in/out of Xbox Live. I don't think MS has given SMS the go ahead, unless SMS is willing to use Smart Glass which doesn't seem to be the case as SMS is relying on 3rd party apps.....

inthebagbud
26-09-2015, 11:48
In the thread Timm says

Just a quick update, received an email this morning from 1st party, we may have finally got what we wanted.....

And then clarifies that the other first party has already replied

One 1st party has already raised no objections.

So we may have agreement in principle from both, obviously that has to translate to an actual app but it does look promising

TheReaper GT
26-09-2015, 13:04
In the thread Timm says

And then clarifies that the other first party has already replied

So we may have agreement in principle from both, obviously that has to translate to an actual app but it does look promising

Those quotes from different threads.

inthebagbud
26-09-2015, 14:00
Those quotes from different threads.

No they are from http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24031-NEGOTIATING-Second-Screen-amp-Apps-on-PS4/page8 post 285 and 295

TheReaper GT
26-09-2015, 14:13
No they are from http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24031-NEGOTIATING-Second-Screen-amp-Apps-on-PS4/page8 post 285 and 295

If so, it's still talking about the same 1st party, not both...

inthebagbud
26-09-2015, 15:26
If so, it's still talking about the same 1st party, not both...

I thought that at first but then reread and took it that he was clarifying his first post by saying the other party had already given the OK, either way hopefully on Monday we will know for sure

TheReaper GT
26-09-2015, 15:29
I thought that at first but then reread and took it that he was clarifying his first post by saying the other party had already given the OK, either way hopefully on Monday we will know for sure

Sure thing, it will be a great addition to the game. I run without hud and a motec app in my cellphone will help a lot.

ports
28-09-2015, 19:50
This is from ps4 section it's good news for us all :)

Okay, I made you wait long enough (I actually had to wait for one more piece of info about port numbers and display names, which I now have).

We've had to enter into some quite complex negotiation with 1st Party's to be able to do this (I'm not aware of any other application that has been allowed to do this), however everyone has been very accommodating. We've had to make a number of changes due to security concerns, but we now have the waivers in-place to enable the following:

1) There will be a GUI option that will enable UDP (It will probably just consist of off/0/1/2/3 etc. to allow for various different versions in future).
2) A UDP port will be opened and packets sent to local broadcast address.
3) Various packets will be sent, based on the existing 'shared memory' api.
4) The actual contents of the packets, data layout etc. will be published.
5) You are free to interpret the data in any way which you wish.
6) This will be enabled on ALL platforms. (I'm including PC although this wasn't part of the original plan, as it would be a fairly trivial addition and would allow phone apps. etc. to work directly.)

Apart from the GUI bit, it will all be implemented by me as I don't want to impact anyone else's workload. As far as a time line goes I will try and implement it as soon as possible now we have the go ahead. I've had offers from a few app developers for various testing applications, I will call on you again shortly to help test the implementation.

inthebagbud
28-09-2015, 20:09
Dam you beat me too it.......shouldn't have been having so much fun TT and should have been watching thread:-)

A big thank you must go to Timm from sms who has followed this up for all of us, very positive news

KkDrummer
29-09-2015, 09:53
I am so happy I was wrong! really, I was not expecting MS to open any back door for 3rd parties...really happy, Thanks SMS and Timm!

oscarolim
29-09-2015, 15:01
You and me both. Best news ever!
Now I can stick an cheapo android device to my F1 Rim and have some cool data sent my way.

Raven403
29-09-2015, 15:01
You and me both. Best news ever!
Now I can stick an cheapo android device to my F1 Rim and have some cool data sent my way.

Really great news

Dynomight Motorsports
29-09-2015, 15:07
Wow, that would certainly be cool. I'd like to attach a smart phone mount to my rig and enjoy the data stream. You can probably use any android device ie old phone with wifi to add to the experience, am I right?

Schnizz58
29-09-2015, 15:13
Wow, that would certainly be cool. I'd like to attach a smart phone mount to my rig and enjoy the data stream. You can probably use any android device ie old phone with wifi to add to the experience, am I right?
I would expect so. Now I have a use for my old Nexus 1.

KkDrummer
29-09-2015, 15:22
I will be using my Windows 10 tablet - Dell Pro 8 rocks! =]

Dynomight Motorsports
29-09-2015, 15:27
I have a couple of android phones disconnected and gathering dust. Kids used to use them for just playing games until they got tablets.. Daddy doesn't get a tablet cause he has an XB1. :( says wifey.

KkDrummer
29-09-2015, 15:30
I have a couple of android phones disconnected and gathering dust. Kids used to use them for just playing games until they got tablets.. Daddy doesn't get a tablet cause he has an XB1. :( says wifey.

time to dust off those Android phones and put them to good use! =]

browny8099
29-09-2015, 21:13
Hopefully it will work on iOS, if so the i will be mounting my old iPad mini to my rig

Schnizz58
29-09-2015, 21:17
Hopefully it will work on iOS, if so the i will be mounting my old iPad mini to my rig
It's just a data stream. It will work on any platform for which an app is developed to receive the stream.

STEELJOCKEY
29-09-2015, 21:47
Awesome news. Eagerly awaiting this, and on an Apple device would be great. Willing tester here. Currently have pCars Dash for PC, be great to use this on the Cbox.

Once this is up and running can we get an update to OP title and instructions please to save wading through a heap of pages.

inthebagbud
30-09-2015, 06:27
Once this is up and running can we get an update to OP title and instructions please to save wading through a heap of pages.

I will be keeping tabs on the PS4 thread and will update this thread with news, in fact I will update op for reference

inthebagbud
30-09-2015, 08:07
I will be keeping tabs on the PS4 thread and will update this thread with news, in fact I will update op for reference

OP updated

Umer Ahmad
30-09-2015, 10:20
CLOSED.

We will continue the discussion in the new common thread

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming&p=1135112#post1135112