PDA

View Full Version : Fuel usage not correct!

FasterThenYou
23-08-2015, 10:12
Drove in Monza, 15 lap race. Put like 71l which is exact for 15 laps. Drove 4-5 laps ive seen that i used only 5-6l or so!! If i drove till the end ill still have like more left then the it was showed me in the settings! Whats up with that i mean. lately ive been driving 8 lap race on Spa, put 1-3 liters more but on the end of a race i got still like 20-30% more fuel in my tank!!

Its the thing correct in the settings or what?? Is this fuel usage in the settings showing like general value or specific for each track?! If i drive Monza for example and when i use like 71l for 15 laps then i except that i will use this fuel for 15 laps, not after 15 laps that ive like 15-20l left, and im wondering why i was so slow in compare to others!! In race menue fuel usage was set to "real", sooooo again in setting menue its not showing correctly the fuel usage!

Did yall notice this one or am i stupid as 1kg of stones!!:confused:

marshma11ow8
23-08-2015, 10:17
The amount of fuel you use per lap isn't predetermined like the lap counter
The amount you actually use will depend on how you drive and whether you are slightly saving fuel
I did a formula c race where if I had gone flat out for the whole race I would have run out but got to the end with over 2l left
So yeah

jimmyb_84
23-08-2015, 10:18
See here,

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35604-GT3-Strategy-DOWNLOAD-UPDATE-tyre-compounds-included&p=1094011&viewfull=1#post1094011

then here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35604-GT3-Strategy-DOWNLOAD-UPDATE-tyre-compounds-included

your welcome

The accuracy depends on where the game gets your fuel rate from, practice session/qualifying or previous race, there are too many variables that could make it inaccurate.

FasterThenYou
23-08-2015, 10:27
See here,

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35604-GT3-Strategy-DOWNLOAD-UPDATE-tyre-compounds-included&p=1094011&viewfull=1#post1094011

then here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35604-GT3-Strategy-DOWNLOAD-UPDATE-tyre-compounds-included

your welcome

The accuracy depends on where the game gets your fuel rate from, practice session/qualifying or previous race, there are too many variables that could make it inaccurate.

i got it but, again, drivng on monza 15 laps in settings menue for 15 laps i need 71l...its not hard to calculate per lap fuel usage (+ - 0.5), but either the value is showing for this specific track or general which is stupid and incorrect in booth ways, Qualy is separate as u know....

jimmyb_84
23-08-2015, 10:34
as I said it all depends on how the game calculates your fuel usage/rate wether it's a live calculation (from practice) or a pre set value (added by SMS in code). I have no idea how it's done so really we need a staff member to tell us, I'm just guessing but a calculation done yourself is more accurate at the moment from my experience

pigsy
23-08-2015, 11:00
Found that I'm putting in way too much fuel at Bathurst for the GT3 Mclaren based on the pit setup fuel calculations. I've gone back to manually calculating my usage in practise and updating for race accordingly.

Seelenkrank
23-08-2015, 15:15
the fuel usage in the tuning men is far away from helpfull...
i always take the info from the motec display and calculate the fuel manually and add 10-20 Liters as reserve.

jimmyb_84
23-08-2015, 15:25
the fuel usage in the tuning men is far away from helpfull...
i always take the info from the motec display and calculate the fuel manually and add 10-20 Liters as reserve.

That's way too much reserve try adding 0.5/1ltr in reserves 2ltr is max

Yorkie065
23-08-2015, 15:45
It looks like it's a generic pre-determined calculation from what I can see from testing. What car and track combination I have no idea as it does seem to be quite far off in the GT3's that I have been testing with. But the best way to find a more accurate fuel usage and get a more accurate prediction is to do some testing/practice or warm up sessions. The more you do and the more laps you do in a single stint the more accurate it is going to be as it takes into account all the laps you've done (including in and out laps, mistakes, spins etc). It does seem to update and become more accurate, but it's an average so the best way that I have found to get accurate race distance fuel, is run the full length race distance with a rolling start, no one else on track. From there, you should get a good idea of how much fuel you have used exactly, then put in an extra 2-5 litres depending on the track length as reserve.

Seelenkrank
23-08-2015, 17:02
That's way too much reserve try adding 0.5/1ltr in reserves 2ltr is max

yes and no, in GT3 in the mainrace with a full tank the car is heavier and the fuel consumption is higher in the beginning (~0,3-0,5 liter/lap)
better on the safe side than park the car on the side with empty tank ;)

jimmyb_84
23-08-2015, 17:31
yes and no, in GT3 in the mainrace with a full tank the car is heavier and the fuel consumption is higher in the beginning (~0,3-0,5 liter/lap)
better on the safe side than park the car on the side with empty tank ;)

I always run my check my fuel rate with a full thank do I would never add more than a litre or two

Seelenkrank
23-08-2015, 18:39
I always run my check my fuel rate with a full thank do I would never add more than a litre or two

im not the hardcore sim guy,on unknown tracks i drive a training session and had an eye on the fuel,most time i only drive the qualy and take a short look on it.
so i better take a little bit to much than to less fuel.