PDA

View Full Version : FEATURE REQUEST - Multiplayer room settings.

F1_Racer68
23-08-2015, 18:44
I hope this is the right place to submit this, but I would like to request and suggest a minor (I think) change to Multiplayer Lobby settings. The specific request is regarding the option to turn on and off the Flags and Penalties.

Currently, it is an all or nothing option. Either Flags & Penalties is on, or it's off. I would like to have it so that it is possible to have one option on and the other option off.

For those of us running leagues, it would be great to be able to enforce the flags (very useful) but turn off the penalties. In their current state, the penalties can be problematic as the game cannot differentiate between a deliberate corner cut and a driver error causing an off track excursion. During a 40 lap race last night I was disqualified due to "too many corner cuts". Most of the "corner cuts" were in fact marginal calls at best due to a portion of the car being off the track as a result of the car sliding or stepping out on worn tires.

In most leagues, drivers police themselves as well as each other through other methods. Being able to turn off the penalties but keep the flags on would be ideal. The yellow and blue flags are very valuable, and in fact critical for long endurance races.

F1_Racer68
31-08-2015, 20:58
BUMP.

How can I make sure the devs are aware of this?

thomasjohansen
11-09-2015, 12:58
Interesting point.
At least "corner cuts" counts should be zeroed over time, especially in long races.