PDA

View Full Version : Option settings

darrenthebear
23-08-2015, 18:53
Hey guys, first post here.

I'm enjoying the game so far regardless of the few minor bugs I've experienced.

Is there a detailed guide anywhere for all the different settings you can customise? Most of it means nothing to me, and it's a long process tweaking any settings then going to see what they actually do in-game.

One complaint I have is that we're unable to change anything during a race in the pause menu. They've missed a trick there :(

Rockefelluh
23-08-2015, 19:01
There's a lot of options to change. Can you be more specific as to what you're looking for? If you're looking for a comprehensive list I haven't seen one before. Although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

MXR SMILER
23-08-2015, 19:25
There's a lot of options to change. Can you be more specific as to what you're looking for? If you're looking for a comprehensive list I haven't seen one before. Although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
There are a HUGE amount of options - there are multiple stickies at the top of the page for xbox1 - controller settings - FFb - tuning guides - loadsa good stuff , have a look at those first - Welcome to the forum and good luck Darrenthebear

OpticalHercules
23-08-2015, 19:30
--Steering/Throttle/Brake/Clutch deadzone: The amount of dead space (as a % of travel) in your control before the game registers the motion.

--Steering/Throttle/Brake/Clutch Sensitivity: How the game reacts to control motion. This one is slightly confusing as it is not just a tighter/looser feel. Think of 50% sens. as a linear line 1:1 line on a graph, with input of 1 = response of 1. a 25% senstivity would be like a vertical parabola, where there's very little response from the game in the first portion of control travel, but a lot of response from the later portion. A setting of 75% would be like a horizontal parabola, with a lot of response in the first portion, and little response in the last portion of wheel/stick travel.

--Controller Input mode i think is similar to the DOR/sensitivity settings on wheels, but I'm not sure.

--Speed Sensitivity: the higher the setting, the less response the game gives your control inputs as you go faster and faster. This prevents a sudden steering change from throwing you out of control at high speed unless you really mean that steering change.

--Input/controller filtering: I think a higher setting here causes the game to block minor bumps in control (from all sources, not just steering), smoothing out the input. The most visible way I see this setting is on steady braking, like going from high to moderate speed, such as on Watkins Glen when approaching the chicane. a low setting here will filter out the minor twitches in your braking that you may not realize you are making, leading to a steadier brake control.

--something something damping: I have no idea what this is and would dearly like to know.

I don't know that any of what I posted above is how the settings actually work, just how I interpret them to work and how I think they affect my controls based on whatever changes I make to those settings.

MXR SMILER
23-08-2015, 19:31
Soft Steering Dampening

I would try the three basic settings first Controller settings 1,2 or 3 and adjust to personal taste using Supaaaflys' controller set up sticky - very informative.

darrenthebear
23-08-2015, 20:33
Thanks for the replies so far.

I've managed to tinker enough with the controller settings using the guides here as a starting point to come up with something that feels decent to drive with, to be more specific I was looking for some sort of help with the visual effects and the camera settings. Some are self explanatory but the majority I have no idea what changing them would do.

MXR SMILER
24-08-2015, 16:56
I can't help much with that as I haven't changed much - I leave all the visuals on and drive Bonnet cam or roof - FOV is useful - to judge best I would set high, low, medium to ascertain changes and then hone to personal taste - I use 72 on FOV.
Some-one with greater understanding will post for you I'm sure.........