PDA

View Full Version : Stability Control with a DS4 Pad Issue

QPRLad
24-08-2015, 10:16
Hello All

I use a DS4 Pad and mainly race GT3 cars online and in my career mode.
Only recently have I started playing more online and I must say there are some idiots out there.
A few of the lobbies are decent and have no restrictions. They allow you use any camera view, driving aids & transmission. However, the ones that allow TC and ABS but not SC really affect my driving. I rarely use TC and never use ABS, but stability control is switched on 95%.

My question is, how do I stop my car from oversteering into the slow corners, or corners with slight elevation changes. The tracks this has happened to is Monza (second chicane), Spa (after the long straight) & donnington (right hander at the top of the climb).
Cars I've used And experienced this with, Aston Martin Vantage V12, Bentley Continental, Audi R8 LMS & RUF GT3.

Thanks in Advanced.

Bealdor
24-08-2015, 10:22
- Increase Limited Slip Deceleration Diff
- Soften your rear suspension
- Brake earlier, don't brake into those corners

QPRLad
24-08-2015, 13:11
Thank you, in your experience, will manual shifting help stabilise the car? I accidentally entered a pro room at Spa with all assists off and Manual shifting forced. I was in the Bentley and it was much more stable than I thought it was going to be.

Bealdor
24-08-2015, 13:14
IMO yes, because you decide when to shift. If the game decides to shift down while you're turning into a tight corner it's likely that you're spinning out.

QPRLad
24-08-2015, 15:00
Thanks. Better become a man and start manual shifting.

MrFlibble81
24-08-2015, 15:06
Could be your setup. I find with my setup that the Aston likes to step out at the second chicane at Monza if I hit that kerb at the first left hander.

QPRLad
24-08-2015, 15:31
Could be your setup. I find with my setup that the Aston likes to step out at the second chicane at Monza if I hit that kerb at the first left hander.

Exactly my issue, it's hard not hitting kerbs when I'm using a twitchy pad. I guess I need to alter the bump stops to stop this from happening?

MrFlibble81
24-08-2015, 15:52
Exactly my issue, it's hard not hitting kerbs when I'm using a twitchy pad. I guess I need to alter the bump stops to stop this from happening?

Maybe. I mean I've tried a lot of different things to try and stop that from happening but for some reason I can't. I mean I like my setup around Monza in the Aston so I just live with it now and take a different line through that chicane. Doesn't seem to slow me down too much.

QPRLad
25-08-2015, 08:48
Did just what you guys mentioned last night. I managed to complete a 1.49 in the Bentley GT3 without Stability Control.
With it, I managed a 1.48.2 but these laps were only in a few qualifying sessions. I was in free practice I'm sure ill get 1.48 without the SC. cheers guys.