PDA

View Full Version : World C.A.R.S. Championship - September 2015

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

delta_reg
16-09-2015, 20:42
Same here, only race on one day so doesn't really affect me.

What about just swapping the cars over to stop people getting as much of an advantage?

Sunday
Car A at Track A
Car B at Track B

Monday
Car B at Track A
Car A at Track B

Obviously depends on both cars being suitable for both tracks though :/

I think this is something that would be fun to do some weeks, just to make things interesting, but not all, since it can be a bit restrictive in terms of making sure the cars are suitable and fun for both tracks. I like the idea of the same two tracks being used for Sunday and Monday though. :)

As for road cars, when I tested out the P1 at Donington it seemed fun to me. :p But I know little about such things I admit. I just feel like we should use Road A cars at some point. :) It feels like a waste to not try it imo.

PureMalt77
16-09-2015, 20:52
I agree with Pink that the P1 needs a suitable track. Monza, Spa and Road America are good calls for it. Make sure to map a button for DRS! This car moves the wing somewhere around 230Km/h automatically, but you can trigger it before.... You need to hold the button to stay on, at least until that speed limit reaches.

Grijo
16-09-2015, 22:52
I would say 1 Ruf - Linnuke ;)

Maybe 2?

Grijo
16-09-2015, 22:57
I think this is something that would be fun to do some weeks, just to make things interesting, but not all, since it can be a bit restrictive in terms of making sure the cars are suitable and fun for both tracks. I like the idea of the same two tracks being used for Sunday and Monday though. :)

As for road cars, when I tested out the P1 at Donington it seemed fun to me. :p But I know little about such things I admit. I just feel like we should use Road A cars at some point. :) It feels like a waste to not try it imo.

Chig was right! I picked up Ford Focus and Renault Megane for a spin and, for my surprise, with the right setup, can be a lot of fun! I've raced these two in Bathurst, heavy rain...they are very manageable!

delta_reg
16-09-2015, 23:34
I think the tracks and cars you picked already for October are good Pink. :) Really you've always selected good car and track combinations in these championships I think, so whatever suggestions or final decisions you make I can be sure I'll enjoy it regardless. :)

Speaking of which, already been enjoying the GT1X Pagani on Circuit de Spa. ;) It's a beast.

Rip_Davan
16-09-2015, 23:51
Done some testing on Dubai with all gt3 cars, managed 2:00.xxx with McLaren but it doesn't like the tyres :D

Yeah, my front left was practically useless after 11-12 laps in the McLaren.

Rip_Davan
16-09-2015, 23:53
I have a question to all:

Would you mind if both race days featured the same tracks?
Like this it wouldnt feel like driving the same tracks every month.

Sounds good to me. It would also make preparing for both races a little less time consuming.

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 06:26
More races for October in a random order ;)

- Marek LMP2
- Ford Focus
- BMW 2002 Turbo
- Ford Mustang Fastback
- GT4
- GT3

- Spa
- Barcelona National
- Snetterton 200
- Watkins Glen GP
- Le Mans 24h
- Silverstone GP

I think l'm almost done pleasing everyone's wishes :p
Oh, and l prepared a special Road Car Event. Cant wait for your reactions :D

PureMalt77
17-09-2015, 07:57
Talking about special events, I participated one in a Nordschleife one, was simply a 90m long practice time, only to measure the fastest lap times, as in a big time trial.
I think chig asked for point-to-point tracks. Would this format work here? Are you able to, after you cross the line, return to pits and do other laps?

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 08:17
Talking about special events, I participated one in a Nordschleife one, was simply a 90m long practice time, only to measure the fastest lap times, as in a big time trial.
I think chig asked for point-to-point tracks. Would this format work here? Are you able to, after you cross the line, return to pits and do other laps?

Lol, no.
There's practically nothing that can be done with the point 2 point tracks to make them fit into our championship.

chig88
17-09-2015, 08:26
Lol, no.
There's practically nothing that can be done with the point 2 point tracks to make them fit into our championship.

That's a shame.

How about if we had an additional time-trial event one week at a certain track (California Highway :)) with a specified car?
We all get one week to set times & then screenshot our fastest time at the end of the week. Top 3 times get additional points that count towards the championship (or the points could just be distributed as if it was a normal race)?

Wouldn't suggest this to replace a weekly race, but maybe just as a nice extra one week?

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 08:28
That's a shame.

How about if we had an additional time-trial event one week at a certain track (California Highway :)) with a specified car?
We all get one week to set times & then screenshot our fastest time at the end of the week. Top 3 times get additional points that count towards the championship (or the points could just be distributed as if it was a normal race)?

Wouldn't suggest this to replace a weekly race, but maybe just as a nice extra one week?

Sweet idea! :eek:
We would need a screen of the pause menu of course, where you can see the PSN ID too.

Love the idea :)

Diesel98
17-09-2015, 08:37
If we were to do that, wouldn't it be better to post times to the Time Trial leaderboards rather than screenshots?

chig88
17-09-2015, 08:42
If we were to do that, wouldn't it be better to post times to the Time Trial leaderboards rather than screenshots?

Not sure if it's been fixed in a patch since release, but my times just never saved in Time Trial mode :(.

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 08:46

Also good idea.
It was fixed supposedly in Patch 3.0 and they added friends leaderboards.
Not sure if it works though.

Does anybody know?

Diesel98
17-09-2015, 08:50
Also good idea.
It was fixed supposedly in Patch 3.0 and they added friends leaderboards.
Not sure if it works though.

Does anybody know?

It does work for me, I can see friends times which they have set in Time Trial on the friend leaderboard :)

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 08:53
It does work for me, I can see friends times which they have set in Time Trial on the friend leaderboard :)

Okay thats great!
But thinking about it, do they also list the slower cars that are not capable of doing the fastest laps? :/

Diesel98
17-09-2015, 08:56
Okay thats great!
But thinking about it, do they also list the slower cars that are not capable of doing the fastest laps? :/

All cars of a class (Road) are all in one big group, so you could pick any car from a Catherham Classic to the McLaren P1, if people have already set times there then that could be a problem, but on memory, I dont remember anyone setting a time on the P2P tracks.

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 09:23
All cars of a class (Road) are all in one big group, so you could pick any car from a Catherham Classic to the McLaren P1, if people have already set times there then that could be a problem, but on memory, I dont remember anyone setting a time on the P2P tracks.

Yea that would be a big problem. And a huge negative about Time Trials overall. :(
If we made it with screenshots, we would have to rely on everyone to post them, but some may forget about doing so or dont like the idea at all and would then miss out on points for the standings. Hmm...

Really digging the idea, but...

QPRLad
17-09-2015, 09:27
Is it still okay to race again this Sunday?

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 10:00
Is it still okay to race again this Sunday?

Yes of course.
Why wouldnt it be okay? :)

chig88
17-09-2015, 12:19
I'm at work at the moment so I can't check - does anyone happen to know off the top of their head which cars are in the GT1X class?

PureMalt77
17-09-2015, 12:35
Use http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar and filter by category.

They are:
- Zonda R
- CTR3 SMS-R

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 12:35
I'm at work at the moment so I can't check - does anyone happen to know off the top of their head which cars are in the GT1X class?

Pagani Zonda R
RUF CTR-3 SMS-R (DLC)

:)

Edit: Ninja'd :p

chig88
17-09-2015, 12:41
Thanks. Zonda it is then.

Pidgey_69
17-09-2015, 15:14
Are you changing the weather for next sunday from light rain cause of no inter tyres

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 15:17
Are you changing the weather for next sunday from light rain cause of no inter tyres

Yes!

GTPZ_Fastback
17-09-2015, 16:32
Hello
Has someone already times for Monday. Because I don't really like Bathurst, I needed a reference time.
A time for spa would also not bad.

My times currently :confused:
Bathurst 2.09.763
Spa 2.13. 4xx

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 16:38
Hello
Has someone already times for Monday. Because I don't really like Bathurst, I needed a reference time.
A time for spa would also not bad.

My times currently :confused:
Bathurst 2.09.763
Spa 2.13. 4xx

I think l did a 2:07 on Bathurst.
And also 2:13 on Spa :)

PS: Did a 2:13 with both GT1X cars.

Diesel98
17-09-2015, 19:16
Practice times :):
Dubai: 1:58.4
Zolder: 1:40.6
Bathurst: 2:07.8
Spa: 2:13.5

Grijo
17-09-2015, 19:21
Practice times :):
Dubai: 1:58.4
Zolder: 1:40.6
Bathurst: 2:07.8
Spa: 2:13.5

What? Oh boy...that time in Dubai is too much for me :frown-new:

chig88
17-09-2015, 21:08
I'll race on Monday Pink.

Didn't think it could happen but I'm actually enjoying Bathurst. Although I think I'd enjoy driving around a rubbish dump in the Z4 :).

Best time so far is 2:08.1. Don't think I'll get much quicker than that, but I can at least be consistent.

Diesel98
17-09-2015, 21:17

Didn't think it could happen but I'm actually enjoying Bathurst. Although I think I'd enjoy driving around a rubbish dump in the Z4 :).

Best time so far is 2:08.1. Don't think I'll get much quicker than that, but I can at least be consistent.

Good to hear your definitely racing Monday Chig, 2:08 is a decent time at Bathurst mate :D

Grijo
17-09-2015, 22:44

And Sundays?

Grijo
17-09-2015, 23:35

it works people, California Highway full. Was not a great race, but that's it...

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 06:19

it works people, California Highway full. Was not a great race, but that's it...

Yea, but it would still be a problem with slower cars, since the leaderboards only feature certain classes :/

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 06:58
Patch 4.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39377-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-4-0-Release-Notes)

To be honest, not that many fixes that interest me, the default setup option could come in handy someday, but l cant see it being useful at the moment.

Maybe there are some cool fixes for Wheel Users, cant tell :p
But still no reliable pitstops, no fix for landmines and we will still have glueing cars in the future. Meh.

matungwa
18-09-2015, 08:44
It looks like ill be racing alone this week after looking at all your laptimes

chig88
18-09-2015, 08:47
And Sundays?

Can't always make Sundays so I didn't sign up mate. I'll still race on Sundays from time to time if I'm online & you guys need an extra driver :).

Patch 4.0 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39377-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-4-0-Release-Notes)

To be honest, not that many fixes that interest me, the default setup option could come in handy someday, but l cant see it being useful at the moment.

But still no reliable pitstops, no fix for landmines and we will still have glueing cars in the future. Meh.

Meh indeed.

Not that many changes that particularly interest me. They've fixed one small problem for wheel users (wheel not centering after pressing pause), but it was hardly a massive issue.

The one feature they've added that I really wanted is the display to show you when you change a setting (roll bars etc) while driving, but from the sounds of it it still doesn't show you the actual value all of the time, so it's pretty pointless :(.

The thing that annoys me the most is that these patches always come out when I have a league race on the night! Was due to race tonight but I'm not going to have time to download the patch before the race starts :mad:.

P.S. Will default setups really be forced at some point in the future?

delta_reg
18-09-2015, 10:57
Glad to see some times have been posted, it's nice to work towards a number in practice. :)

Having a point to point race race where we each post our best times sounds fun to me. :) I actually think it'd be cool if we had one point to point special for each league per month, so one for Sunday and one for Monday, and the better times could get some bonus points added to the championship standings at the end of the month. And that way everyone would have plenty of time to post a screenshot of their best time. :) Think of it like an extra credit project. ;) Just an idea. :)

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 13:04
MONDAY
Unofficial Race Calendar - October

Date

Race

Cars

Laps

Track

Conditions

Ford Sierra Group A

TBA

Watkins Glen Short

TBA

5 October

BMW V12 LMR

TBA

Brno

TBA

Formula Gulf

TBA

Ruapuna GP

TBA

12 October

Marek LMP2

TBA

Silverstone GP

TBA

GT4 Class

TBA

Willow Springs Raceway

TBA

19 October

GT3 Class

TBA

Le Mans 24 Hours

TBA

BMW 2002 Turbo

TBA

Snetterton 200

TBA

Ford Mustang Fastback

TBA

Watkins Glen Short

TBA

26 October
(Special)
(Double Points)

Audi A1 Quattro
Renault Megane RS

TBA

Barcelona National

TBA

RUF RGT-8

TBA

Monza GP

TBA

SUNDAY
Unofficial Race Calendar - October

Date

Race

Cars

Laps

Track

Conditions

Ginetta G40 Junior

TBA

Cadwell GP

TBA

4 October

Sauber C9

TBA

Brno

TBA

BMW M3 GT4

TBA

Ruapuna GP

TBA

11 October

Formula C

TBA

Silverstone GP

TBA

Renault Clio

TBA

Sonoma Short

TBA

18 October

GT4 Class

TBA

Spa-Francorchamps

TBA

BMW 2002 Turbo

TBA

Snetterton 200

TBA

Ford Mustang Fastback

TBA

Watkins Glen Short

TBA

25 October
(Special)
(Double Points)

Audi A1 Quattro
Renault Megane RS

TBA

Barcelona National

TBA

RUF RGT-8

TBA

Monza GP

TBA

So, what do you guys think? Do you like the races? :)
Of course l'm especially interested in what you think about the Special 4-Race Road Car Event.
Normal points for all 4 races, that means double points.
Of course l could only give 8 points for a win, so that the maximum would be 32 points as usual. But l dont like when people dont get rewarded after races, so l just made it double points.

Another thing about these 4 races: Of course we wont be doing the usual race length, that would be a bit too much :D
So, l wanted to know what you guys would prefer. l was thinking about 3 options...

- Qualifying (10 minutes) + Race (~15 minutes) x4 = ~100 minutes overall.
- Qualifying (15 minutes) + Race (~10 minutes) x4 = ~100 minutes overall.
- Qualifying (15 minutes) + Race (~15 minutes) x4 = ~120 minutes overall.

Thoughts? :)

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 13:15
P.S. Will default setups really be forced at some point in the future?

Never said that, so why ask this question? ;)

chig88
18-09-2015, 13:20
Never said that, so why ask this question? ;)

Because that's what it sounded like when you said this:

the default setup option could come in handy someday, but l cant see it being useful at the moment.

Calendar looks fine to me. Would be happy to do any of the race lengths as long as it's no longer than 2 hours.

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 13:23
Because that's what it sounded like when you said this:

Could come in handy and forced are very different things to me :p
No, l wont ever force default setups, that would make 50% of the experience obsolete :)

But who knows, maybe there will be cars and/or tracks in the future where a default setup could come in handy :rolleyes:

Calendar looks fine to me. Would be happy to do any of the race lengths as long as it's no longer than 2 hours.

Yea, one of my fears is, that some drivers could be driving very risky and impatient because the races only take 10 minutes. That would increase the chance of crashes and unfair behaviour.

chig88
18-09-2015, 13:28
Could come in handy and forced are very different things to me :p
No, l wont ever force default setups, that would make 50% of the experience obsolete :)

But who knows, maybe there will be cars and/or tracks in the future where a default setup could come in handy :rolleyes:

Don't mean force as in forcing everyone to stop tuning, just as in locking setups to default :).

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 13:36
Don't mean force as in forcing everyone to stop tuning, just as in locking setups to default :).

Isnt that the same? :D

Anyway, this discussion is pointless, as the feature isnt even working by the looks of it -.-
Who would've thought...

But l'm glad you're liking the calendar :)

Diesel98
18-09-2015, 14:23
Liking the race calendar Pink, all very good Car/Track combos, should be fun! :D
Regarding the Road Car Special Event, IMO we should do 10mins Qualifying and 15mins Racing :)

PureMalt77
18-09-2015, 15:05

My highlights are:

Online added support for 'Force Default Setups' in Multiplayer restrictions screen.
HUD when adjusting real-time settings, for example Brake Balance, the player will now see a HUD message to indicate what the setting has been changed to. The HUD will display N/A in the real-time settings HUD, messaging when a specific setting is not available due to it being disabled in MP session or not present on the vehicle.
Steering wheel angle now reverted to always centering during pause / pits / menus / etc. An alternative fix is now implemented to prevent the jolting when un-pausing the game.

But yeah, I think we will still have to live with some of the "old" bugs. But c'mon, we must agree that it came fast, PS4 same time as PC. The XBox dudes will not like it!

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 15:15
My highlights are:
• Online – added support for 'Force Default Setups' in Multiplayer restrictions screen.

Doesnt work. Keep your excitement inside of you :D

• HUD – when adjusting real-time settings, for example Brake Balance, the player will now see a HUD message to indicate what the setting has been changed to. The HUD will display “N/A” in the real-time settings HUD, messaging when a specific setting is not available due to it being disabled in MP session or not present on the vehicle.

Not really, and looks very amateurish and rushed.
When l activate or deactivate my control assists l get this super huge black bar on my screen with 2 letters in it (SA SO)
The black bar would've been big enough to write Stabilty Control OFF 3 times. :chargrined:

But yeah, I think we will still have to live with some of the "old" bugs. But c'mon, we must agree that it came fast, PS4 same time as PC. The XBox dudes will not like it!

For me, this patch is very close to pointless.
None of my gripes have been fixed.

PureMalt77
18-09-2015, 17:12
Oh, very sad to hear then... :upset:
Mine is downloading right now...

@everyone: get your patch downloaded and installed before the races, otherwise you can't play online. I don't know if this is a restriction that the developer can introduce, but it was the case with the 3.0 patch.

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 17:32
@everyone: get your patch downloaded and installed before the races, otherwise you can't play online. I don't know if this is a restriction that the developer can introduce, but it was the case with the 3.0 patch.

Yes, different game versions cant play together.

Grijo
18-09-2015, 19:28
So, special events will be quicker than normal events. Because of that, i think it's better to do Qualy with 15 minutes and Race also 15 minutes. More time to do a best lap in qualy and gain a better position helps to avoid rush to gain better positions in race. That can cause some collisions. Just my opinion.

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 19:29
So, special events will be quicker than normal events. Because of that, i think it's better to do Qualy with 15 minutes and Race also 15 minutes. More time to do a best lap in qualy and gain a better position helps to avoid rush to gain better positions in race. That can cause some collisions. Just my opinion.

I also vote for both 15 minutes.
I dont mind racing for 2 hours for double points :)

lollygag
18-09-2015, 20:12
wrong forum

Rip_Davan
18-09-2015, 23:12
It looks like ill be racing alone this week after looking at all your laptimes

No worries, mate. I could be very well be in your company :p

Rip_Davan
18-09-2015, 23:23
Yeah, that's a 15Q and a 15R for me too. I'm racing at 4am so a little extra time isn't going to kill me :p

delta_reg
19-09-2015, 02:28
That looks like a great schedule Pink. :) Formula Gulf on Ruapuna caught my interest the most I think, that should be really fun. :)

I also agree that 15 min qualifying with 15 min races for the final week sounds best. :) Wow, four races in a row, that's gonna be both mentally challenging and awesome. ;)

My best time on Spa so far this week is 2:14.052. Hope I can improve it some more and get more consistent before the race on Monday. :)

Pink_650S
19-09-2015, 06:41
Yeah, that's a 15Q and a 15R for me too. I'm racing at 4am so a little extra time isn't going to kill me :p

Hah, thats what l call commitment :D

Pink_650S
19-09-2015, 06:45
That looks like a great schedule Pink. :) Formula Gulf on Ruapuna caught my interest the most I think, that should be really fun. :)

I also agree that 15 min qualifying with 15 min races for the final week sounds best. :) Wow, four races in a row, that's gonna be both mentally challenging and awesome. ;)

My best time on Spa so far this week is 2:14.052. Hope I can improve it some more and get more consistent before the race on Monday. :)

Yea, it will be interesting to see who can handle those 4 different cars best - on one evening :)
I think l've found some nice tracks for the two "oldtimers", they will be lots of fun.

I'm also glad that a wish of mine has made it into a patch, to move the A1 into the Road C2 class. Its surprising how equal the A1 and Megane are. Also very excited for that race :)

chig88
19-09-2015, 12:52
Managed a 2:13.9 at Spa, don't think I can go much quicker but I'm very consistent with most laps around 2:14.4.

On a side note, the RUF is bloody awful to drive for me :(. Really don't seem to get along with any of the RUFs in this game.

Pink_650S
19-09-2015, 13:38
Managed a 2:13.9 at Spa, don't think I can go much quicker but I'm very consistent with most laps around 2:14.4.

On a side note, the RUF is bloody awful to drive for me :(. Really don't seem to get along with any of the RUFs in this game.

Is it the handling that bothers you, or the bad default setup?

Grijo
19-09-2015, 15:00
Patch 4.0 it's not available for me yet. Without that i can't race with you guys...damn it!!! I'll keep you informed about my participation...man, that sucks!!!

chig88
19-09-2015, 15:39
Is it the handling that bothers you, or the bad default setup?

Probably a bit of both.

It did get a bit better when I worked on the setup, but it was obvious I wasn't going to like it as much as the Zonda so I didn't waste too much time on it. Just don't tend to like any of the RUFs - too much understeer.

Patch 4.0 it's not available for me yet. Without that i can't race with you guys...damn it!!! I'll keep you informed about my participation...man, that sucks!!!

That sucks man - fingers crossed it's released sometime soon! :encouragement:

Grijo
19-09-2015, 15:53
Fingers crossed here...both hands an feet!!! :D

matungwa
19-09-2015, 16:12
i can't seem to get the 4.0 update neither:(

wiewiurka
19-09-2015, 17:02
hi guys!! im back from europe... and pink can i join middle of the season...?!

Pink_650S
19-09-2015, 20:06
hi guys!! im back from europe... and pink can i join middle of the season...?!

Dont you live in Finland? :eek:
Yes, you can race on Monday. If we have space tomorrow, you can join there too :)

itzhipno
19-09-2015, 21:37
I hope I don't get disconnected tomorrow like last sunday

Grijo
20-09-2015, 00:03
It's saturday 9pm here in Brazil and guess what? No patch 4.0 for me yet...

Pink_650S
20-09-2015, 02:11
:( :(

Rip_Davan
20-09-2015, 02:59
It's saturday 9pm here in Brazil and guess what? No patch 4.0 for me yet...

That's a real shame. Not sure why it wouldn't be live in other regions. I got mine mid-week in Australia. Sorry to hear mate :(

Rip_Davan
20-09-2015, 03:01
i can't seem to get the 4.0 update neither:(

Oh no! I was really looking forward to racing with you again :(

delta_reg
20-09-2015, 03:43
No patch for me yet either. :(

Grijo
20-09-2015, 04:16

Me, you, matungwa...oh man, that sucks....sunday, 1:18am and nothing...

delta_reg
20-09-2015, 04:37
Yeah, it's really gonna be a shame if it doesn't go up in time. :(

Pink, would you like to be teammates with me for the Sunday championship next month also? :D This month I've technically been a reservation driver on Sundays but next month I'd like to be a full participant for both leagues if you'll allow it. :)

matungwa
20-09-2015, 04:54
OMG whats with this damn patch!!!!!! i have tried everything

Pink_650S
20-09-2015, 05:08
Yeah, it's really gonna be a shame if it doesn't go up in time. :(

Pink, would you like to be teammates with me for the Sunday championship next month also? :D This month I've technically been a reservation driver on Sundays but next month I'd like to be a full participant for both leagues if you'll allow it. :)

At the moment the Sunday is full :p
I think l'll be tweaking the team championship anyway, l think its a cool idea.
You will see what l mean in October :rolleyes:

delta_reg
20-09-2015, 13:20
Okay sounds exciting. ;)

wiewiurka
20-09-2015, 14:07
Dont you live in Finland? :eek:
Yes, you can race on Monday. If we have space tomorrow, you can join there too :)

ok nice:glee:

yes i live in finland... i was just searcing my lost family in in poland and i find them:glee:

Grijo
20-09-2015, 14:37
I think it's official now: i'm out for today races, no patch for me...damn man, i'm so frustrated right now, i practiced all week to choose the better car and setup for this sunday...:(

Rip_Davan
20-09-2015, 16:01

Another?! Noooooooooo!

Pink_650S
20-09-2015, 16:14
Hmm :(

The Russian
20-09-2015, 16:58
So, who's got the patch? I have, maybe end up cancelling tonight's races pink?

Diesel98
20-09-2015, 17:03
I think everyone in Europe has got the patch, but everyone else has to wait till Monday/Tuesday to get it unfortunately :( I think the races will still be on tonight regardless, we should still get 10+ people hopefully :rolleyes:

QPRLad
20-09-2015, 17:25
I have just installed Le patch

QPRLad
20-09-2015, 17:28
What are people saying about lap times at zolder? I just had a quick blast and got 1.42.7 (before the patch) is that competitive with mid pack?

The Russian
20-09-2015, 17:49
Think so, can't remember my times

wiewiurka
20-09-2015, 17:53
i have patch..

The Russian
20-09-2015, 18:29
Well great start to night, lol, got knocked and spun on 1st corner of Dubai, think wiewiurka and rip davan were battling tried going round them but they both hit me sending me off, then trying to recover and get blue screen:(, but hey ho, 2nd race beckons

QPRLad
20-09-2015, 18:46
Anyone else's tires felt like they were a wheel of Brie? Awful, I had so much understeers. Sorry wiewiurka for the love taps on the last lap. No tires meant I was locking and couldn't steer.

Pink_650S
20-09-2015, 19:27
Great races everyone :)

Gonna update the standings and give an in-depth review tomorrow, very tired now.
Thanks, and see you on track tomorrow :)

Congrats to Malt, great 1st win :D

wiewiurka
20-09-2015, 19:32
last as always:glee: but second race faster than snail:loyal:
good races everybody!

Rip_Davan
20-09-2015, 19:36
Well great start to night, lol, got knocked and spun on 1st corner of Dubai, think wiewiurka and rip davan were battling tried going round them but they both hit me sending me off, then trying to recover and get blue screen:(, but hey ho, 2nd race beckons

I didn't hit anybody in either race, even got the trophy for it :)

The Russian
20-09-2015, 19:38
Well 2nd race faired no better for me, got round first corner ok kept out of trouble half way to second corner got punted off by heron and didn't get any places back from it which cheesed me off a bit lol but hey ho, went off at various times battling at back off field and my gears were all wrong si stopped and saved video. Upon reviewing video (as to which I was just in time) accident with heron was caused by linnuke who appeared to run wide round 1st corner then just come back on track which caused heron to hit me :(, good racing everyone look forward to next week. Didn't wanna name names being new to championship but just putting my review of races in honestly. Was surprised at one point in race by wierwurka who did a "reset to track" option n I swerved as I didn't wanna hit him :) but we were in last positions so no harm done :). Thanks again all, congrats to winners.

wiewiurka
20-09-2015, 19:40
sorry dude....

The Russian
20-09-2015, 19:44

Honestly it was, like I said it wasn't on purpose, u n wierwiurka was battling just in front of me going round 1st corner, but hey ho no problem with me:)

Diesel98
20-09-2015, 20:09
Evening all, time for the Race Review! :)

Dubai: Qualified P5. I jumped the start by milliseconds so got a drive-through, which dropped me from P3 to P11 at the start of the second lap. I moved up to P7 by the end of Lap 4 behind Drushan. I felt my pace was very consistent at Dubai, I was always in the low 58's throughout the race, but everyone in front of me was just that bit quicker than me despite battling hard with each other, therefore I wasn't able to close up on P3-P6 and finished P7, had it not been for the jump-start, who knows, maybe I'd have been right in the thick of that battle for P4... :rolleyes:

Zolder: Qualified P5 again. A good start jumped me to P2 behind Linny. I had a great battle with him for around 10 laps or so, both of us setting very similar times, his car was slightly faster on the straights and me slightly quicker through the corners, he defended well to stop me having any opportunity to get past him. On Lap 10 approaching the first chicane, while braking and shifting down, my car jumped from 4th to 2nd gear, locking the rears and spinning me around, ending me and Linny's battle :(. I had the same problem twice more, allowing Pidgey to close on me in the remaining two laps, but I managed to keep it on the road for the last lap and finished P2 :).

Congrats to PureMalt and Linny on the wins and good racing out there everyone, see you tomorrow :D

Pidgey_69
20-09-2015, 20:34
Good stuff tonight everyone...

Race 1 was a mixed bag for me..qualified 6th and got jumped by 3cars off the line i cant seem to figure out how people are getting off the line faster cause my reaction tinme is pretty good..after that i had a coming together with drushan_87 i let him back past but ended up in last place which sucked...after that was a long race some good battles and ended up 4th at the end so i was happy with that recovery

Race2 was a better race again seem to get mugged at the start but was 3rd after the 2nd lap and stayed there until the end..was interesting i had poor grip at the start but when it got darker my grip improved and i could pull a safe gap to the good battle brewing behind me..

Well done to the winners and see most of ye tomorrow night

PureMalt77
20-09-2015, 20:39
This is my race report. Will post the results tomorrow...

Dubai - GT3
To be honest, I don't know how i did it. After checking the lap times on stream, turning high 1:55:xxx was still over 1s, and since Pink usually beats the steam times, I though I would be again mid of the table. Got really surprised to get the pole, had a good start and my only problem was LinnyEK, which literally made me sweat all 11 laps! My car had excellent traction out of corners, but coming into corners I had to break early and defend what I could, and do no mistakes.

Zolder - Gr. A
As TheRussian said, I do not like to point fingers (at the end of the day this is just a game), but there were 2 major incidents which I'm reporting here that strongly affected my race :(. I believe I had the pace to finish P3-P4 on this one, but...

Incident 1
Started P3, dropped to P4, managed the 1st corner following the leaders when a yellow car could not take the 2nd turn and pushed me out. There I was in P10... My car is the green one, I'm filming from the car behind me which is better to show the scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ZCgOBL_IY

Incident 2
Not complaining on this one! Thanks to this incident I got the P4 back! Thanks to whoever was involved which apparently saw me in the mirror and left the space. This is fair racing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYVmJZRnno

Incident 3
First, the blue car on my right-hand side touches me before the chicane and we enter it together, but my car was blocked by him straight and I could not turn, and that forces me to, a 5s Cut Track penalty :mad:. And to complete my anger, the blue car, which cuts the track even more extremely, goes away...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5ZCgWTnKY

Apart of the incidents, good racing!

@Pink: thanks for the congrats! But I have a little problem: seems like you did not waited for the race to finish. Both events were "terminated" while the car is driving itself back to the pits. The issue is: the race results (got the screenshots) do not show the best laps for the extra points. I have no idea where to get them from... :confused:

Edit: Bit irony! Got the "Pristine Artwork" Trophy in the 2nd race! LOL ;)
Completed more than 3 Online races with 50% of them avoiding a major collision

Diesel98
20-09-2015, 20:44
@PureMalt77 I know 100% in Race 2, I had fastest lap (1:39.78), then Linny (1:39.81) and Mantu 3rd (1:39.82)
Not sure about Race 1, I believe it was You, Linny and either Drushan or Mantu

PureMalt77
20-09-2015, 20:50
@PureMalt77 I know 100% in Race 2, I had fastest lap (1:39.78), then Linny (1:39.81) and Mantu 3rd (1:39.82)
Not sure about Race 1, I believe it was You, Linny and either Drushan or Mantu

Thx diesel, will use your numbers for 2nd race. Appreciate if someone can confirm the data for the 1st race...
PS: where can you see that after race end? Can you jump to results somehow? Last time I messed around, I retired myself from the race accidentally :p
So I just sit and wait for the car to drive back to the pits, and there it shows the whole table with best laps...

Diesel98
20-09-2015, 20:57
Thx diesel, will use your numbers for 2nd race. Appreciate if someone can confirm the data for the 1st race...
PS: where can you see that after race end? Can you jump to results somehow? Last time I messed around, I retired myself from the race accidentally :p
So I just sit and wait for the car to drive back to the pits, and there it shows the whole table with best laps...

After finishing yourself, press options to pause and it shows the current race results with everyone's fastest times beside it :)

Incidents: I've looked at the two you were involved with PureMalt, I'd say it's a unfortunate result of a bug in the game where slight contact can result in two cars being "glued" together and unable to separate from each other, I agree both cars should have had a cut-track in the 2nd incident, why I don't know, but I'd put both examples down as unfortunate racing incidents in these cases.

PureMalt77
20-09-2015, 21:02
Yeah, it's hard to judge.
1st one is hard to say, is only the 2nd corner of the race...
But in the 2nd, in my opinion the driver that caused it should have given the position back. Is what I would have done...

Kebaba4life
20-09-2015, 21:41
PureMalt I caused your lap 1 incident, I went on brakes too late and you were already turning into the corner. Sorry :/

QPRLad
20-09-2015, 21:56
Incident 2
Not complaining on this one! Thanks to this incident I got the P4 back! Thanks to whoever was involved which apparently saw me in the mirror and left the space. This is fair racing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYVmJZRnno

[/I]

I hit the kerb on the left in the chicane, got wobbly and caused pink and someone else to go wide, or hit me. As you passed through, then I recovered quicker than they did, I pulled aside after they second chicane. You can see it in the vid. Such a good race though.

itzhipno
20-09-2015, 23:41
It would not allow me to join

delta_reg
21-09-2015, 01:54
@itzhipno That's maybe because you haven't downloaded patch 4.0 yet. It's not available yet outside of Europe it seems. :/

Glad to hear the racing was good as expected. :)

Well after my final practices tonight before tomorrow's event my best times set this week is about a 2:09.5 on Bathurst and a 2:13.5 on Spa. I never really liked Bathurst before to be honest but after practicing it more this week I think I've found some new appreciation for it, it's such a roller-coaster ride, when you push and get a lap right it can be quite exhilarating. :)

I hope I can finish midpack or better each race if I'm consistent enough, I'm really excited for it and hope the patch hits soon so everyone can race. :)

Rip_Davan
21-09-2015, 05:20
Honestly it was, like I said it wasn't on purpose, u n wierwiurka was battling just in front of me going round 1st corner, but hey ho no problem with me:)

That's cool, man :) I got absolutely swamped at the start but I assure you, I did not hit anybody and nobody hit me.... at least, on my screen anyway. In both races, the only time I took a knock was half way through Dubai when somebody ahead of me went wide and slightly tagged my rear coming back on track as I passed and also about halfway through Zolder with exactly the same scenario. They were so slight that my car was not unsettled both times and I carried on without hindrance.

matungwa
21-09-2015, 05:30
i kind of think we should do something about this weeks race i mean its kind of not fair am i right.
i mean its not like it was our fault the patch is still not released. Pink?

matungwa
21-09-2015, 05:32
i missed zolder:(:(

Rip_Davan
21-09-2015, 05:38
Edit: Bit irony! Got the "Pristine Artwork" Trophy in the 2nd race! LOL ;)
Completed more than 3 Online races with 50% of them avoiding a major collision

Me too!! I've only raced 6 online races, ever :D Congratulations to the winners. I did not have the pace in Zolder but it was a setup error on my part that killed my chances in Dubai. I had 30 litres too much fuel and (I don't know how or when I did this) was running on hard slicks. I was about 4 seconds a lap slower than I should have been :( Bah, I'll have to fire my race engineer.... I'm fired!!

Rip_Davan
21-09-2015, 05:45
@itzhipno That's maybe because you haven't downloaded patch 4.0 yet. It's not available yet outside of Europe it seems :/

I'm in Australia. I got mine on the 16th or 17th.

LinnyEK4
21-09-2015, 08:21
Congrats to Puremalt for the win, you was simply fast and made no mistake however i pushed very hard to my limit
I was faster in corners entry but can't catch you on straights and exits as you said

2nd race was very cool with Diesel, i was faster in first section and you on the last, saw you in big in my central mirror lol
Watching the replay, you was cleaner than me on cutting and me too agressive sometimes, sorry for that :culpability:
The win could be to you on this race, thanks man for the battle :D

Pink, can we already sign up for the next month? If yes i sign for monday races :D

chig88
21-09-2015, 09:17
@itzhipno That's maybe because you haven't downloaded patch 4.0 yet. It's not available yet outside of Europe it seems. :/

Glad to hear the racing was good as expected. :)

Well after my final practices tonight before tomorrow's event my best times set this week is about a 2:09.5 on Bathurst and a 2:13.5 on Spa. I never really liked Bathurst before to be honest but after practicing it more this week I think I've found some new appreciation for it, it's such a roller-coaster ride, when you push and get a lap right it can be quite exhilarating. :)

I hope I can finish midpack or better each race if I'm consistent enough, I'm really excited for it and hope the patch hits soon so everyone can race. :)

Would expect us to be fairly close in the races tonight then delta :).

I've managed 2:06.6 at Bathurst & 2:11.5 at Spa, but going at that pace consistently during the race will be difficult & would probably destroy the tires. I think I will have to back off a bit during the races & just focus on not making too many errors, especially at Bathurst.

Looking forward to tonight - good luck everyone :).

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 09:39

Congrats on that :D

I was always in the low 58's throughout the race, but everyone in front of me was just that bit quicker than me despite battling hard with each other,

Haha, not me! ;)
l was so slow, l didnt even deserve the 3rd place. Only my good start made that possible and maybe the consistent - but slow - laptimes (1:58.8 - 1:59.2). Should've gone with the Bentley after all :p

Incident 3
First, the blue car on my right-hand side touches me before the chicane and we enter it together, but my car was blocked by him straight and I could not turn, and that forces me to, a 5s Cut Track penalty :mad:. And to complete my anger, the blue car, which cuts the track even more extremely, goes away...

The blue car was me.
First l didnt touch you before the chicane, l tried to turn into the corner as late as possible, but then the cars glued together.
l dont think you should be mad at me, but at the game's collision physics which are atrocious.
The cut track penalties depend on how fast you cut the track, l knew that so l slightly braked and got away without a penalty.
Not sure why you wanted me to give the place back, since it was the game that caused this incident in the first place.
l will be uploading a highlights video where you can see a very similar situation between Drushan and Me, where l was on the inside and where everything went smoothly, so please dont blame me for being unfair.

Same goes for the incident between Mantu and you. ln real life this would have never happened, in real life you two would've kept going on the track, but due to the game's physics, the both of you ended up in the gravel trap.

Overall l think some of you guys should take this in consideration when reviewing incidents. The game in its current state doesnt allow for close racing, so please keep the name and blame game to a minimum, until the game has reasonable collision physics that actually make sense in real life.

@Pink: thanks for the congrats! But I have a little problem: seems like you did not waited for the race to finish. Both events were "terminated" while the car is driving itself back to the pits. The issue is: the race results (got the screenshots) do not show the best laps for the extra points. I have no idea where to get them from... :confused:

The host cant do anything to skip the results or make them go away faster.

Dubai
1. Malt - 1:55,812
2. Linny - 1:55,899
3. Mantu - 1:56,784

Zolder
1. Diesel - 1:39,732
2. Linny - 1:39,823
3. Mantu - 1:39,829

i kind of think we should do something about this weeks race i mean its kind of not fair am i right.
i mean its not like it was our fault the patch is still not released. Pink?

What exactly do you suggest me to do?

Pink, can we already sign up for the next month? If yes i sign for monday races :D

l think we have a free space for Monday, so yeah, l will keep you in mind for October :)

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 09:49
Some of the highlights from my point of view.
Sorry, but including all would be a bit impossible :D

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu2QMPYvGmQ

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 10:01
Race Reviews:

l didnt have the pace overall yesterday. First because l dont like Dubai at all - Freaking Tilkedrome! -.-
And secondly because l messed up my gearbox ratio for Race 2, so l had a poorly accelerating BMW :(

Qualified 7th for Race 1 and wasnt having any hopes for the race at all.
l had a nice getaway though and found myself in P4 after the first corner - Linnuke is definitely the master of great starts (see video :D)
Diesel and 2 others went for their drive through at the end of Lap 1, so l was 3rd all of a sudden and totally undeserved ;)
Mantu, Pidgey and a few others were battling a lot behind me, so l had a very lonely race, but it was still fun - l just love driving the SLS although it was so slow :p

ln Race 2 l started from 6th and had a poor getaway (messed up gearbox)
Still found myself in P4 or P5 after the first lap, due to others' unfortunate incidents.
Had a great battle with Pidgey and Ben (QPR) during the first few laps - Have to apologize to Pidgey for the divebomb at the last chicane, missed the braking point by 5 or 6 meters and there l went. l'm glad neither of our races were heavily influenced by that.
Eventually Drushan and Malt joined the battle between Ben and me and it turned into a very intense thing until the end.
Had some great moments with the 3 of you (also see video :)) - The incident between Malt and me was the game's fault in my opinion.
At the end it looked like l was safe in 5th, but in the last chicane l made a mistake and Mantu was able to overtake me in a sprint towards the finish line. Very close :)

Thanks again for the nice evening, guys. :)
Really enjoying this championship!

PS: Totally forgot to congratulate Malt and Linny. Malt for his 1st ever victory very early in his WCC career :D
And Linny to his 2nd win already! We have to do something to stop you :p

The Russian
21-09-2015, 10:07
I thankyou again for a decent nights racing, really enjoying racing with you guys, well done to everybody.

I wasn't naming and shaming for any punishment to be given to anybody, was just pointing out what happened to me, yeah it ruins racing getting caught in other peoples accidents but I think the ones I was caught up in were just the usual start of race coming togethers, probably could have been avoided especially my second accident, but they were just accidents and not done with any malice towards anybody :).

P.s. I have a 10 second video of my 2nd race accident, and will post later. I managed to save just in time, think i need to sort my share button options out.

Rip_Davan
21-09-2015, 10:20
Hey Pink, am I still on for tonight? I didn't see my name on Monday's starters list. They are my two favourite tracks.... Not that that will translate any better with my current lack of skill :( I absolutely love driving both tracks regardless of how terribly I traverse them :p

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 10:23
I wasn't naming and shaming for any punishment to be given to anybody, was just pointing out what happened to me,

l didnt want to sound like l'm upset.
l only wanted to remind some of you (especially those who are new to the online racing) that the collision physics and cut track penalties cannot be applied to the real world, so things that work in real world, might not work in the game - actually, most of the time it wont work.
So again, please keep that in mind before reporting anything :) In my opinion that could bring negative tensions and thats not what we want.

Pidgey for example could have blamed me, because the incident with him was all my fault. l apologized and now it should be forgotten :)

Hey Pink, am I still on for tonight? I didn't see my name on Monday's starters list. They are my two favourite tracks.... Not that that will translate any better with my current lack of skill :( I absolutely love driving both tracks regardless of how terribly I traverse them :p

Do you think that you want to participate regularly for Monday races?
Then l will add you :)

Rip_Davan
21-09-2015, 10:51
Yeah! I'd love to. I thought I'd asked you after last Monday's races. I'd love to be in tonight if you have the space. If not, my body would probably appreciate the sleep :p

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 10:55
Yeah! I'd love to. I thought I'd asked you after last Monday's races. I'd love to be in tonight if you have the space. If not, my body would probably appreciate the sleep :p

Lol. :p
l will invite you if there's space tonight and will also keep you in mind for October :)

lt would be nice if the non-europeans and oceanics could keep me informed about the patch and if they receive it sometime throughout the day :) :(

PureMalt77
21-09-2015, 11:02
The blue car was me.
First l didnt touch you before the chicane, l tried to turn into the corner as late as possible, but then the cars glued together.
l dont think you should be mad at me, but at the game's collision physics which are atrocious.
The cut track penalties depend on how fast you cut the track, l knew that so l slightly braked and got away without a penalty.
Not sure why you wanted me to give the place back, since it was the game that caused this incident in the first place.
l will be uploading a highlights video where you can see a very similar situation between Drushan and Me, where l was on the inside and where everything went smoothly, so please dont blame me for being unfair.

Same goes for the incident between Mantu and you. ln real life this would have never happened, in real life you two would've kept going on the track, but due to the game's physics, the both of you ended up in the gravel trap.

Overall l think some of you guys should take this in consideration when reviewing incidents. The game in its current state doesnt allow for close racing, so please keep the name and blame game to a minimum, until the game has reasonable collision physics that actually make sense in real life.

Hi Pink, thanks for your analysis. I thought it was another driver!

Well, that is why I always say "this is just a game". I know the physics are not proper, I'm definitely more angry with the bug then with the incident itself, so just relax ;)!
What I said about "let it pass", is indeed subjective. I'm aware of the bugs, and if I induce someone into the situation where he/she is penalised I step back, just because being a bug or not, I kind of feel responsible to cause it.
Please, I'm not saying you are not fair, you are an excelent driver and incidents happen, including stuff beyond our control. So don't worry, we are cool! :adoration:
I like your tip though, about reducing the speed, so if it ever happens next time, first thing I will do it hit the brakes! Better lose 1s than 5s :rolleyes:

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 11:21
And to remind you guys!

Please search for (new) teammates, for both Monday and Sunday races. There's a rule to it though, very quick drivers dont go with very quick drivers. So very fast drivers please look for a partner that doesnt finish in the Top 5 in every race or vise versa.
This has 2 advantages: The not so fast drivers can ask their teammate for tips on setups, racing line etc. and of course we want an even championship. :)

l already said that l want to tweak the team championship a bit, so what l'm going to do is that we'll have ONE team championship that includes both days.
So, feel free to find a teammate or discuss the matter in this thread or via PSN, however you prefer.
l would like to have the teams as soon as possible. :)

The Russian
21-09-2015, 11:34
My video as promised, although u can see it better in pinks video :)

http://youtu.be/qI5e3jj_oWY

Pidgey_69
21-09-2015, 11:51
Race Reviews:

l didnt have the pace overall yesterday. First because l dont like Dubai at all - Freaking Tilkedrome! -.-
And secondly because l messed up my gearbox ratio for Race 2, so l had a poorly accelerating BMW :(

Qualified 7th for Race 1 and wasnt having any hopes for the race at all.
l had a nice getaway though and found myself in P4 after the first corner - Linnuke is definitely the master of great starts (see video :D)
Diesel and 2 others went for their drive through at the end of Lap 1, so l was 3rd all of a sudden and totally undeserved ;)
Mantu, Pidgey and a few others were battling a lot behind me, so l had a very lonely race, but it was still fun - l just love driving the SLS although it was so slow :p

ln Race 2 l started from 6th and had a poor getaway (messed up gearbox)
Still found myself in P4 or P5 after the first lap, due to others' unfortunate incidents.
Had a great battle with Pidgey and Ben (QPR) during the first few laps - Have to apologize to Pidgey for the divebomb at the last chicane, missed the braking point by 5 or 6 meters and there l went. l'm glad neither of our races were heavily influenced by that.
Eventually Drushan and Malt joined the battle between Ben and me and it turned into a very intense thing until the end.
Had some great moments with the 3 of you (also see video :)) - The incident between Malt and me was the game's fault in my opinion.
At the end it looked like l was safe in 5th, but in the last chicane l made a mistake and Mantu was able to overtake me in a sprint towards the finish
Thanks again for the nice evening, guys. :)
Really enjoying this championship!

PS: Totally forgot to congratulate Malt and Linny. Malt for his 1st ever victory very early in his WCC career :D
All good can happen very easily..thanks for the aplogy

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 11:53
SUNDAY
Driver Standings - September

Pos.

Drivers

Overall

Bonus

Pink

Diesel

LinnyEK

PureMalt

Pidgey

Mantu

Linnuke

-

Drushan

-

Matungwa

-

L_Heron

-

Delta

-

BenBradders

-

Grijo

-

Rip_Davan

-

Chig

-

TheRussian

-

FunkyFox

-

Itzhipno

-

chig88
21-09-2015, 12:11
Just noticed a small mistake in the Team Standings for Monday Pink - Sector One Racing is listed as having 41 points but it should be 43.

That moves us up a massive........ 1 place :p.

PureMalt77
21-09-2015, 12:15
Results - Sunday - September 20th

Race 1 - Dubai GP / 11 Laps - GT3

1. PureMalt

2. LinnyEK

3. Pink

4. Pidgey

5. Drushan

6. Mantu

7. Diesel

8. L_Heron

9. Linnuke

10. Rip_Davan

11. BenBradders

12. Wiewiurka

Fastest

Laps

1. PureMalt

1:55,812

2. LinnyEK

1:55,899

3. Mantu

1:56,784

Race 2 - Zolder / 13 Laps - Group A

1. LinnyEK

2. Diesel

3. Pidgey

4. Drushan

5. Mantu

6. Pink

7. BenBradders

8. PureMalt

9. L_Heron

10. Linnuke

11. Rip_Davan

12. wiewiurka

13. TheRussian

Fastest

Laps

1. Diesel

1:39,732

2. LinnyEK

1:39,823

3. Mantu

1:39,829

PureMalt77
21-09-2015, 12:56

I hope it is not just beginner's luck!
And Linny has indeed lots of talent.

DruShan_87
21-09-2015, 14:21
Do we really have to change up the teammate championship looking at the standings for Monday night there is a 10 point difference between 4 teams don't think it gets much closer than that really. Me and pidgey live together and we don't even share set ups with each other.ha everybody has a different driving style when it comes to setting up a car I've looked at so many forums to understand set ups and I'm still lost with most things. Would I be one of the fast drivers or slow drivers normally end up around mid table in the final standings. It would be a shame to spilt up the 420 petrol heads.haha

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 16:11
Do we really have to change up the teammate championship looking at the standings for Monday night there is a 10 point difference between 4 teams don't think it gets much closer than that really. Me and pidgey live together and we don't even share set ups with each other.ha everybody has a different driving style when it comes to setting up a car I've looked at so many forums to understand set ups and I'm still lost with most things. Would I be one of the fast drivers or slow drivers normally end up around mid table in the final standings. It would be a shame to spilt up the 420 petrol heads.haha

Haha, no, of course you dont have to split up :p
With (new) l was referring to Chig mostly ;) Since he is looking for his 3rd teammate already.
And if others want a new teammate, they can look for one, but those who are happy with their team dont have to change :)

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 16:23
Btw!

Will change tonight's conditions at Bathurst to 6pm x10.

chig88
21-09-2015, 16:25
Haha, no, of course you dont have to split up :p
With (new) l was referring to Chig mostly ;) Since he is looking for his 3rd teammate already.
And if others want a new teammate, they can look for one, but those who are happy with their team dont have to change :)

I'll be teammates with anyone - not too bothered who TBH.

Don't understand how it works with the same team over both days though? Just that the table from both days will be combined into one?

delta_reg
21-09-2015, 17:29
My patch is downloading now but it might not be done in time for first race. :( I thought it would download automatically while I was away today if ps4 was in standby mode but it did not. :/

Edit: looks like it could finish on time though so we'll see. :)

PureMalt77
21-09-2015, 17:33
My patch is downloading now but it might not be done in time for first race. :( I thought it would download automatically while I was away today if ps4 was in standby mode but it did not. :/

It only downloads automatically if:
1. you put it in Rest Mode;
2. you enabled Internet connection and automatic downloads in the settings while the PS4 is in Rest Mode.

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 17:40
I'll be teammates with anyone - not too bothered who TBH.

Don't understand how it works with the same team over both days though? Just that the table from both days will be combined into one?

Yep.

chig88
21-09-2015, 17:44
Been practicing for the last 40 minutes, so far:

1. Had to restart the game and my wheel because I had no FFB on the track & VERY strong FFB in the menu
2. Hit a landmine
3. Crashed to the PS4 menu while driving

Not looking good for tonight :(. Can't believe this game is still so bugged after 4 patches & so many months!

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 19:47
Haha the Zonda R was a bad idea ;)

Diesel98
21-09-2015, 19:53

Never again please! :p

Kebaba4life
21-09-2015, 19:56
I had a weird ffb glitch in the Zonda race and couldn't drive at all..

NiQo
21-09-2015, 19:57
I'm very sorry for the collision at the chicane at the end of lap one. Braked just a lil too late sorryy!!!

For the rest good race and Drushan that laptime thoooo:cool:

delta_reg
21-09-2015, 19:58
Great racing everyone. :) Haha yeah the Zonda was apparently quite dominant along with the Bentley. :p Do you regret not going with the Ruf though still? :)

So sorry for what happened on the opening lap of Spa Chig. :( Our cars just became glued like we were in some kind of magnetic field there, the likes of which could only be pulled apart by the forces of grass and dirt itself. :confused: Even in the replay it looks weird, your car's invisible. o.O

Other than that great two races and congratulations to the winners. :) I really lacked the pace today unfortunately, and so was stuck in 10th for most of both races. Despite that I'm happy with my consistency and focus during the two races, Bathurst especially. :)

chig88
21-09-2015, 19:59

Loved it! :)

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 20:02
Gonna do everything important tomorrow.

Hope you had fun, l sure as hell did... in Race 1 :D
Congrats to Drushan and the 420s overall, you 2 earned massive points.

Loved it! :)

Howwww?! ;)

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 20:05
Never again please! :p

The RUF was even worse, can you imagine that? :p
Not sure what they did to the cars with Patch 4.0, but they certainly felt different from when l tested them -.-

Linnuke
21-09-2015, 20:11
Sorry Wiewiurka for messing up some of your laps in race 1 :nonchalance:

Diesel98
21-09-2015, 20:21
Race Review Time! :D

Bathurst: Qualified P8 behind Fastback and all of Bentley "Class" :p. Maintained my position at the start and sat behind a good battle between Fastback and Pink for P6 which lasted a good few laps until she finally got past down the straight, really great to watch from behind :). After she got past, it was my turn to launch an attack on Fastback, I stayed glued to his bumper for around 8-9 laps, the SLS supreme down the straights and my R8 brilliant through the corners, I had nowhere to pass though through the twisty middle section with Fastback defending well. On Lap 11, I had a moment at the fast right hander before the downhill section, with the car being sucked into the gravel. I just made it out ahead of Mantu going downhill, only to find a Fastback facing the wrong way, so we both moved up a place. Mantu really challenged in the closing stages, another lap he may have passed me, but I held on P7, best of the rest ;).

Spa: Qualified P9, the Zonda is not a favourite of mine :rolleyes:. A chaotic start saw me jump many places up to P4 behind BVB and we were around a secoond apart in the opening laps. The faster cars soon began to catch and pass me at least, first Fastback and then Zunge both blasted past me pretty easily, so I fell to P6. I had held at this point a comfortable 6 second gap to Chig and was just about maintaining that gap, until on Lap 7, I half-spun the car at Les Combes, allowing him to slash the gap down. He soon got past up the inside at Blanchimont and the following lap, Pink also got past me at the Bus Stop. At the end, NiQo was also catching and on the last lap, a bad exit at the Bus Stop put us neck and neck into La Source. We both raced for the line and he just pipped me for P8 at the end. :eek:

Congrats to the winners (I forgot who won lol :rolleyes:) and everyone for more fantastic racing! :D

The RUF was even worse, can you imagine that? :p
Not sure what they did to the cars with Patch 4.0, but they certainly felt different from when l tested them -.-

I don't know how the RUF could be any worse, I suffered horrendous understeer throughout the race so I was really slow in the corners and I couldn't get on the power when I wanted to as the car would try to spin out, so I had to be very cautious that whole race! :(

chig88
21-09-2015, 20:25
Race reviews!

Bathurst
Was fairly pleased with qualifying. Clipped a wall on my last hot lap when I was 3ths up & it got invalidated, so maybe I could've had 2nd but was ultimately pleased with 3rd. Got a fairly average start & lost a place to drushan when someone clipped me into the 1st corner, but mainly I think I was distracted by zunge's start - you took off like a bloody rocket!! Where did that come from?!? :D

Settled in behind drushan until we pulled away from superbvb & then started to look for a gap. Zunge, pidgey, drushan & myself pulled away from the field & then started to fight for position. Looked like pidgey & zunge had a small coming together at the end of the long straight, & I nipped inside pidgey as he came back onto the track. He caught my back end & I slid off though so zunge & drushan pulled away. A lap or so later pidgey spun in sector 2 & I got past, but then almost immediately made a mistake myself & spun at the end of the back straight. No matter what I did the car would just not get off the grass & back onto the track so I lost a load of time & let superbvb & pink through. Was 5 seconds behind & closed to gap down to under a second, but then superbvb spun. Again, I nipped past but he caught me coming back onto the track & I spun off to get a 5 second penalty. Just finished the race slowly to avoid any further hiccups & kept a gap to superbvb.

Spa
Had the canned FFB bug at the start of qualifying, so had to quit & rejoin. By the time I got back I only had enough time for a few laps. Stupidly pushed too hard on the 1st two laps & invalidated both laps running wide through Eau Rouge. Had to just put in a slow lap with my 3rd to make sure I got a time in, so qualified down in 7th. Got an amazing start, only problem is it was so quick I had nowhere to go! Got boxed in & have no idea what happened at the end of the straight. Was getting bumped around like a whack-a-mole & from the sounds of it delta & I got glued together. By the time I got back on I was dead last & 5 seconds behind. Pushed like a mad man to catch up & got past mantu, niqo90 & diesel with some (if I say so myself ;)) very nice moves.

Caught mantu out with some late braking, went wheel-to-wheel with niqo90 for about 4 corners before I got past with the inside line before Pouhon, & then got past diesel on the inside at Blanchimont (I held my breath on that one!!). Really enjoyed racing with these guys - some great battles :).

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with my results. Felt I had the pace to win at the halfway point at Bathurst until things started to go wrong, & maybe could've been on the podium if things had started better at Spa. Really enjoyed battling back through the field though, which is what counts I suppose!! :).

Been a pretty disappointing month for me - looks like my run of 3rd places is over..... noooooo!!! :). Oh, and if you've read all this I'm sure Pink will agree that you deserve extra Championship points :p.

chig88
21-09-2015, 20:37
Oh and by the way, I've just done a few test laps in the Caterham at Sakitto for next week - it's an absolute blast :D.

Sakitto is way better than Suzuka IMO, & the Caterham is the perfect car for it - excellent choice Pink :).

delta_reg
21-09-2015, 20:51
Yay, next week is Sakitto that's right. :) I'm kind of worried though, I haven't done well in Caterham cars as of yet, but I feel pretty good about Sakitto. We'll see, should be fun. :)

Another thing I wanted to say, I think having one Team Championship across the two leagues will be awesome! :) It's a good way to bring things closer together between the two leagues and keep the team championship exciting and unpredictable. The team that can win the championship will achieve something very special for sure. ;) Great idea. :)

NiQo
22-09-2015, 10:31
Hey guys, just wondering if y'all use wheels or controllers?
I just upgraded from a t100 to a fanatec csr. Still getting used to it. Made a video if u guys wanna check it out

http://youtu.be/PMjuXaQbMUs

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 11:28
Results - Monday - September 21st

Race 1 - Bathurst / 15 Laps - GT3

1. Zunge

2. Drushan

3. Pidgey

4. Pink

5. Chig

6. SuperBVB

7. Diesel

8. Mantu

9. Fastback

10. Delta

11. Linnuke

12. L_Heron

13. Wiewiurka

Fastest

Laps

1. Pidgey

2:04,398

2. Drushan

2:04,862

3. Zunge

2:04,886

Race 2 - Spa-Francorchamps / 13 Laps - GT1X

1. Drushan

2. Pidgey

3. Fastback

4. Zunge

5. SuperBVB

6. Chig

7. Pink

8. Diesel

9. NiQo90

10. Delta

11. Mantu

12. Linnuke

Fastest

Laps

1. Pidgey

2:10,937

2. Drushan

2:11,104

3. Pink

2:11,553

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 11:46
Hey guys! :)

My races didnt go as planned yesterday.
Had a bad setup on both cars.

At Bathurst l couldnt get a fast lap in before it got dark, but P6 was okay l guess.
Fastback got me on the long straight right after the start and l was stuck behind him for 3 or 4 laps. His SLS was bloody fast on the straights :(
On the straight after the SF line then he kind of let me pass, dont know what happened there, maybe he was tired of my headlights hugging his rear bumper :p
Anyway, was able to close the gap to BVB until he made a mistake in the 2nd sector which put me into 4th. l remained there until the end.
Reasonably happy with 4th tbh, but it could've gone better.

The race at Spa was a nightmare.
The RUF became undriveable - before the patch l was able to do 2:12s easily - but something happened to the car. Maybe the fact that my custom setup didnt load had something to do with it. It was so understeery omg, what a bad car!
So left the lobby and grabbed the Zonda which was better, but still horrible to drive for my taste.
And to make things even worse, l got a drive-thru penalty for jumping the start :( Justified though.
So after being 4th after the first lap, l was put into second to last.
The race itself was quite fun. It was enjoyable to catch the others, Delta gave me a good bump when l tried to get him on the outside.
Also had some good battles with Niqo and Diesel - l managed to make a classic move on Diesel at the Bus stop :D Really enjoyed that!

Well guys, as Chig said, the Caterham on Sakitto will be awesome.
So, l want to forget yesterday as soon as possible and focus on next week's finals :)

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 12:09
MONDAY
Driver Standings - September

Pos.

Drivers

Overall

Bonus

Zunge

Drushan

Pidgey

Pink

Diesel

Fastback

Chig

-

Linnuke

Delta

-

SuperBVB

-

Mantu

-

Leipzig

Matungwa

-

L_Heron

-

NiQo90

-

Rip_Davan

-

MONDAY
Team Standings - September

Pos.

Team

Overall

The 420 Petrolheads
(DruShan_87 & Pidgey_69)

Fast Tongue Racing
(GTPZ_Fastback & Zunge2)

SF Regulation Motorsport
(Delta_reg & Pink)

Double E Racing
(Diesel9817 & Linnuke)

Sector One Racing
(Chig88 :()

East West Racing
(Leipzig1040forev & SuperBVB69)

Team Faster Than Snails
(Mantu-_-Vaippa & Wiewiurka)

*Bonus Points from Fastest Laps are
not included in the Team Standings!

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 12:19
Something just came to my mind, guys.

l would like to get rid of the bonus points for the 3 fastest laps, because this normally only benefits the drivers that are at the top of the boards anyway and that wasnt the purpose of the bonus points.

So what l came up with is, what about the 3 drivers with the most positions gained from their starting position get bonus points?
l could trck this easily, since l always take a pic of the quali times, so its not much extra work and a good thing to motivate people to do well, despite their starting position.
This would be beneficial for the midfielders and the ones that had a bad qualifying.

What do you think? :)

Grijo
22-09-2015, 12:28
I really liked the idea! But the question is: This incentive can generate unwanted accidents? Just a thought.

Diesel98
22-09-2015, 12:29
I think thats a great idea Pink, it would help distribute the points more evenly between everyone, and act as a good motivation for clean overtaking and racing overall :D

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 12:30
Guys can you answer my question?

When you set up your car for a quick qualifying time, do you carry this set up through to the race or change things? i guess tires maybe?

My main reason for the question is that all my set ups on all cars/tracks combo feel like if i have to overtake someone, i have to plan about three corners in advanced so my car is in the right position, i cant make an advance on a mistake. Any evasive actions or for instance, if someone brakes early and i try to avoid them, i will always spin into the barrier or lose control. It just feels like my car is only great at "train track racing" where any unexpected movements/evasive manoeuvres and its game over.

P.S I use stability control but no other assists.

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 12:33

l would like to get rid of the bonus points for the 3 fastest laps, because this normally only benefits the drivers that are at the top of the boards anyway and that wasnt the purpose of the bonus points.

So what l came up with is, what about the 3 drivers with the most positions gained from their starting position get bonus points?
l could trck this easily, since l always take a pic of the quali times, so its not much extra work and a good thing to motivate people to do well, despite their starting position.
This would be beneficial for the midfielders and the ones that had a bad qualifying.

I like the idea. Yes it can encourage silly attempts but the race replay system will soon pull out the naughty passes from the clean ones.

chig88
22-09-2015, 12:45

Yeah I think that's a better idea. Only thing is that if you start on pole it disqualifies you from possibly getting extra points. How about just one bonus point each for the following?

1. Fastest Lap
2. Pole Position
3. Most Places Gained from Starting Position

That way there's something for everyone to aim for but nobody gets too many bonus points? :)

chig88
22-09-2015, 12:48

When you set up your car for a quick qualifying time, do you carry this set up through to the race or change things? i guess tires maybe?

My main reason for the question is that all my set ups on all cars/tracks combo feel like if i have to overtake someone, i have to plan about three corners in advanced so my car is in the right position, i cant make an advance on a mistake. Any evasive actions or for instance, if someone brakes early and i try to avoid them, i will always spin into the barrier or lose control. It just feels like my car is only great at "train track racing" where any unexpected movements/evasive manoeuvres and its game over.

I usually set the car up to be at its quickest in the race. I do almost all of my practice with race fuel in & then just take it all out & run on fumes for qualifying.

Obviously the other way round is an acceptable method as well for some people, but I'd just rather have a good car for the race than having to deal with a car that's set up just for qualifying laps.

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 12:53

To me that sounds like a too sensitive controller config.
Because no car spins when you make an evasive move, unless its really sudden.

Can you post your controller settings? :)

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 12:55
Yeah I think that's a better idea. Only thing is that if you start on pole it disqualifies you from possibly getting extra points. How about just one bonus point each for the following?

1. Fastest Lap
2. Pole Position
3. Most Places Gained from Starting Position

That way there's something for everyone to aim for but nobody gets too many bonus points? :)

Thats also a cool idea, but again the Pole and the fastest laps would go to the same 4 or 5 drivers everytime :/
Any other ideas that could be awarded with bonus points?
If we can think of one more, l would be okay with your ideas above :)

Driver of the race maybe? :D
A very subjective thing, but l cant think of anything else :culpability:

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 13:05
Settings since 30th July -

Steering DZ: 10
Steering Sensitivity: 40
Throttle DZ: 5
Throttle Sensitivity: 20
Brake DZ: 5
Brake Sensitivity: 15
Clutch DZ: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 40
I use Auto Clutch so the last 2 pretty irrelevant.

Speed Sensitivity: 55
Controller filtering Sensitivity: 0
Force Feedback: 100

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: Off

GTPZ_Fastback
22-09-2015, 13:06
Wow.
Two great races again.
Had a great start in Bathurst and was able to overtake Pink directly on the straight.:angel: After a few rounds I could no longer hold her.
@Piink I have not left you voluntarily overtake.:dejection: I had bad traction in the first corner.
After that I had a great battle with Diesel. :victorious:Then came my horror corner.:hopelessness: And I turned. Luckily still P9.

Spa race.
A miserable qualifying, then a perfect start but I could not use because I had to dodge my front man. Impact into the wall and P12. Since then, some had problems in front of me I could still drive on P3.

Thank you for the great Races

Fast

PS. Fast Tounge Racing Colour for the BMW - SRT #1 #3

chig88
22-09-2015, 13:10
Driver of the race was something I was going to mention to you a few months ago. My idea at the time was for everyone to vote in the thread when they did their race reports. I thought it would be a nice little extra bit of appreciation for anyone who had a good race.

Maybe we could just do that & give a point(s) to whoever wins the vote for each race? I know not everybody would vote, but surely enough people would vote to pick a winner? :). Or you could go down the harsh route & say that anyone who doesn't vote is barred from winning Driver of the Race :p.

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 13:14
Settings since 30th July -

Steering DZ: 10
Steering Sensitivity: 40
Throttle DZ: 5
Throttle Sensitivity: 20
Brake DZ: 5
Brake Sensitivity: 15
Clutch DZ: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 40
I use Auto Clutch so the last 2 pretty irrelevant.

Speed Sensitivity: 55
Controller filtering Sensitivity: 0
Force Feedback: 100

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: Off

Only a tip for you to try out:
Put the steering sensitivity to 0 and the filtering sensitivity to 20.
See if this helps :)

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 13:22
Or you could go down the harsh route & say that anyone who doesn't vote is barred from winning Driver of the Race :p.

I think thats exactly what l'm going to do :D

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 13:41
Can you vote for yourself?

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 13:52
Can you vote for yourself?

Lol. l havent given this whole Driver of the Race-Thing much thought yet.
But what do you think will be the answer to your question? ;)

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 13:58
On Mondays you could do best combined lap times for team points.

chig88
22-09-2015, 14:01

Good idea - that means I'm guaranteed bonus points because it'll be my lap time + 0:00.000 :D

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 14:03
Good idea - that means I'm guaranteed bonus points because it'll be my lap time + 0:00.000 :D

Double lap time for no partners, or void for no lap time recorded.

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 14:09

That would head in a direction thats already too complicated.

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 15:14

Haha, if l were you, l would also be sarcastic about it at this point :D

chig88
22-09-2015, 16:07
Haha, if l were you, l would also be sarcastic about it at this point :D

Lol it wasn't meant to be sarcastic - I actually like the idea but I can see why it might be a pain to calculate every week etc.

Was just a joke, although it would be nice to have a permanent teammate after Gusenberg & Rob dropped out. Do you know if there are any drivers joining next month permanently yet?

Pink_650S
22-09-2015, 16:11
Was just a joke, although it would be nice to have a permanent teammate after Gusenberg & Rob dropped out. Do you know if there are any drivers joining next month permanently yet?

Well, LinnyEK wants to join for Mondays next month, but you two are definitely not going to be teammates :D

Matungwa doesnt have a teammate. :)
Oh, and Ben (QPR). He says he will be there regularly from October on.

Oops! And Rip_Davan :p

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 17:36
Only a tip for you to try out:
Put the steering sensitivity to 0 and the filtering sensitivity to 20.
See if this helps :)

Done, makes the car very slow in the corners. It's hard to describe what happens but it doesn't want to turn in at first then it suddenly will mount the kerb on the inside apex.

After 4 laps with this, same car set up, (Aston V12 @ Monza GP) the best I achieved was 1'50.9 when my previous best was 1'48.4. I'll try and tinker about but if I can achieve a 1'49.5-1'50.5 consistently then I will be happy.

The Russian
22-09-2015, 21:02
Done, makes the car very slow in the corners. It's hard to describe what happens but it doesn't want to turn in at first then it suddenly will mount the kerb on the inside apex.

After 4 laps with this, same car set up, (Aston V12 @ Monza GP) the best I achieved was 1'50.9 when my previous best was 1'48.4. I'll try and tinker about but if I can achieve a 1'49.5-1'50.5 consistently then I will be happy.

What steering do u use stick or tilt? Don't know my settings off hand, I use tilt to steer and I know it's mode 2, think they are mostly 10 and 0 for most of em, can see if I can get em posted on here if u want, probably be tomorrow though

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 22:02
What steering do u use stick or tilt? Don't know my settings off hand, I use tilt to steer and I know it's mode 2, think they are mostly 10 and 0 for most of em, can see if I can get em posted on here if u want, probably be tomorrow though

Tilt? You're insane. I mean I lean a little when I get into it. I tried tilt and we didn't get on.
I use the stick, used what pink said and raised me steering sensitivity to 5 and dropped the other the 15. Did a 1'49.5 followed by a 1'49.2 and then missed a braking point and gave up. Thanks for your help though.

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 22:03
Anyone practiced for Sunday yet? I've done A bit on willow and I don't like the car or track. I need to download the DLC for the other.

The Russian
22-09-2015, 22:08
Lol, took me about an hour to get to grips with it, find it better than stick though.

Ha ha, thought I was the only one who leaned into corners etc, get a better feel for it, was gonna ask on here if anyone else leaned into corners :D

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 22:14
Any long corner which I seem to understeers out of gets a big lean.

The Russian
22-09-2015, 22:16
Don't know which track for willow, but did bigger one, can't remember times, was trying to get used to visibility in the mustang, couldn't get a grip on setup either.

Barcelona gp track is great but again was really struggling with setup, can't remember times again.

I really struggle with setting up cars, not that much knowledge of it all, just end up using tunes from database site, keep reading stuff on forums but it starts going over my head

QPRLad
22-09-2015, 22:27
I really struggle with the Bumps and Rebounds. Yet they seem to make quite a lot of difference. There is like a check list floating around which explains stuff like, if it grips when going over bumps, you need to soften front and rear or something like that. I think the link is on the car set up section. If I don't know what something does, it goes to zero, then worry about it later.

Most of my tuning knowledge has come from trial and error using Pcars.

The Russian
22-09-2015, 22:32
Yeah, I've started playing more with setups on pcars, just seems like I get somewhere with it then I just lose it and mess it up beyond recall lol

Grijo
23-09-2015, 00:36
Anyone practiced for Sunday yet? I've done A bit on willow and I don't like the car or track. I need to download the DLC for the other.

I've started my practice to feel the tracks and cars. My setups are not ready yet. I did some laps but i can't remember the times. I think i did in Willow Springs something like 1.16....it's really difficult to see in Mustang Trans Am, but it's a total beast!

Grijo
23-09-2015, 00:46
Yeah, I've started playing more with setups on pcars, just seems like I get somewhere with it then I just lose it and mess it up beyond recall lol

Be cool my friend, i'm still learning. I raced a lot of championships in carrer with different cars. I've started in 45 % AI difficult, today i play with 80%. I'm not the best player, that's true, but i want to be the best as i can. Practice my friend, practice. Learn about your car, how do you feel with it and discover what you can improve In it to feel better. If you need some help, just ask.

delta_reg
23-09-2015, 05:13
Yeah, it's similar with me, I'm a much better driver now than I was before I started competing in this championship. It's a huge difference for me in overall skill and consistency I feel, and I've picked up a lot of knowledge along the way about many things, from different classes of cars to track layouts to general setups and modifications for vehicles, and much more. I'm very thankful that I could improve myself as a driver while having so much fun all at the same time, and it's all thanks to participating, preparing, and competing in this great championship Pink has created. :) I'm sure to different extents it is similar for everyone here. :)

Having said that, I still have a long way to go before I could really contend for wins, and much more to learn, and that's very exciting. :)

The Russian
23-09-2015, 07:15
Man 80% ai, haven't changed mine since I put it to 40% :D keep meaning to turn it up then forget, must start though cos I suppose it would only help me get better more consistent etc.

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 07:25
The cockpit camera in the mustang is a joke!

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 07:28

I will create a practice session before the actual race for those who are interested :)

The Russian
23-09-2015, 08:27
Which willow track are we using?

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 08:35
So my friends, sorry for my "absense"! I visited the IAA yesterday. Will post some pics online later, but this one I would like to share now! ;)
Can't wait to see it in PCars!

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 08:44

Mhh yumm! :beguiled:

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 08:45
Which willow track are we using?

International.
Lol, you asked me that on PSN and you got an answer.

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 09:09
Championship Points

I've been reading the posts regarding the bonus points and wanted to share my opinion. Before I get into the point:

I will classify our drivers in 3 classes:

There are 3-5 drivers which finish in the podium maybe 80% of the races.
Then you have the mid-field class, drivers that might get a podium depending on the circunstances (track/car combination, one of the lead drivers having an incident or not a good day, and a bit of luck)
And the last class, less experienced drivers that will be happy finishing at P8.

Lets face it that fast drivers ARE fast drivers, period! I don't like very much to find tricks in order to help the lower classes to climb in the list. I understand we are trying to make it even though.

Therefore:
Pole Position: I fully agree that this point only benefits the leaders. Would be good when we have at least half of the field turning laps within 1s difference.
Fastest Lap: Just like pole position. If the leaders are turning 1:40 and you are at 1:43, there is no miracle and you will not draw a 1:39 to get the point. So it stay with the leaders. Just like Pole Position, it make sense when half of the field is even.
Racer of the day: I find almost impossible to get that one. The top drivers will mention "the other driver" which they had good battles with, and that will not be the last 2 cars! So if I divide the field in 3 classes, each race would have 3 "races of the day", if you know what I mean.

I would, for now, simply drop the bonus points entirely and review the point distribution. The 1 point difference is too narrow in my opinion. I managed a miraculous 1s win last sunday, giving me the 16 points, but it does not help when one of the leaders scores 14, giving me just 2 points margin.
People will get experience and I think you will often see the mid-lower class drivers eventually landing somewhere above P6.

I will take the current championship results into an Excel and run some simulations: based on the actual results, where each driver would be if the points were different. Maybe Pink already tried this.

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 09:23
I thought this, making a move on the last corner to gain the win only gives you 1 extra point, risking a lot for 1 point is questionable IMO. But, it does also mean that mid table finishers (like myself), get a few points each race and the table stays quite close.

Its a shame we can't add in "win penalties" like they do in British GT, if you get on the podium, you then have 20, 15, 10 seconds extra added onto your pit stop. Or reverse grid the top 8 like GP2/BTCC. I think the more you change it the more complicated it will become.

Leave it for a while, and see if the devs will introduce something such as a custom grid.

any other way will have to be done manually by Pink, such as adding time onto players final race time.

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 09:25
I already told you why l chose a 16 - 1 point distribution.
If l made it 25 points for the winner, it would again lead to 2 or 3 drivers pulling away from the rest rather quickly.

I dont understand why you think its a problem to use "tricks" to make the scoreboard more even - and in the end more fun. Everyone else liked the ideas so far.
This a fun-based championship after all, we dont have to go by any real world rules or regulations.
So why not introduce different rules or fearures to this championship to mix things up and set us apart from others?

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 09:31
I thought this, making a move on the last corner to gain the win only gives you 1 extra point, risking a lot for 1 point is questionable IMO.

I dont see this happening.
1st, no one of the group would do that - at least none of the drivers l got to know over the past few months.
2nd, how would anyone know if not someone has already gained more posotions during the race. Nobody knows until after the race. In fact, only those who take pics of quali and race results will know who gained the most positions. :p

chig88
23-09-2015, 09:34
TBH I'd vote for leaving the points as they are. Every month so far (if I remember correctly anyway) has gone right down to the last race.

In the Monday league this month any one of 4 drivers could win it (only 6 points separating 1st & 4th) and then the battle for 5th could be any one of a further 3 drivers (3 points between 5th & 7th).

I agree that the bonus points could be improved upon. For instance if we didn't have them this month Zunge would be in 1st with 83, while Fastback would be in 7th with 65 - only 18 points separating the first 7 drivers!! That's pretty tense & competitive :).

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 09:46
I'm happy with 3 races and a total of 26 Points, one of those races I was terrible too! looking at the October list, it should be pretty close.

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 10:01
TBH I'd vote for leaving the points as they are. Every month so far (if I remember correctly anyway) has gone right down to the last race.

In the Monday league this month any one of 4 drivers could win it (only 6 points separating 1st & 4th) and then the battle for 5th could be any one of a further 3 drivers (3 points between 5th & 7th).

I agree that the bonus points could be improved upon. For instance if we didn't have them this month Zunge would be in 1st with 83, while Fastback would be in 7th with 65 - only 18 points separating the first 7 drivers!! That's pretty tense & competitive :).

So, you wish to stick with the bonus points for fastest laps only?

chig88
23-09-2015, 10:24
So, you wish to stick with the bonus points for fastest laps only?

No, my vote would be to remove bonus points entirely. Or reduce them so that it is just one point each for certain categories as discussed yesterday (Pole, Positions Gained, Driver of the Race etc).

I would leave the point distribution for finishing places the same as it is.

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 10:30
I already told you why l chose a 16 - 1 point distribution.
If l made it 25 points for the winner, it would again lead to 2 or 3 drivers pulling away from the rest rather quickly.

I dont understand why you think its a problem to use "tricks" to make the scoreboard more even - and in the end more fun. Everyone else liked the ideas so far.
This a fun-based championship after all, we dont have to go by any real world rules or regulations.
So why not introduce different rules or fearures to this championship to mix things up and set us apart from others?

Well, you still have 2-3 drivers pulling away right now, just not quickly.
And I have no problem with it, really, don't get me wrong here! I'm trying to find ways too to mix things up, and my opinion was based on initial "head calculations". I do want to set us apart from others!

I just collected the data from all Sunday and Monday races into an Excel, and will play with it tonight. I want to run simulations and post different scenarios here, so we can decide together based on facts and numbers.

For example, after a first quick analysis, I found out that the fast lap thing is not so bad. One would expect that the fast lap is always with the top 3 drivers, but actually not!
So far I've seen top lap points being given to drivers finishing between P5 - P7 in 5 from the 12 races.
But the top lap time usually goes to P1-P2, which currently gets 3 extra points. After this initial look, to make it a bit even, we could simply give 1 extra point to the top 3 laps.

Anyway, this is my goal: real numbers, play around and see when a good mix shows up!

PS: I like the positions gained bonus, this one really benefits the lower classes IMO. Yes, we need to take screenshots after qualify, but I do it already anyway!
And here is one case where the math can be tricky: imagine someone starting P10, finishing P4 and thowing a hot lap, could end up with more points than the winner of the race, and this I find a bit unfair, so when we start implementing such rules, we need to take care how points can overlap and avoid an extreme case where a top driver would purposedly qualify in P8 knowing that a P3 or above is reacheable only to cash the extra points.

Grijo
23-09-2015, 10:32
So my friends, sorry for my "absense"! I visited the IAA yesterday. Will post some pics online later, but this one I would like to share now! ;)
Can't wait to see it in PCars!

I have a word to describe you: TEASER!!! ;)

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 10:34
No, my vote would be to remove bonus points entirely. Or reduce them so that it is just one point each for certain categories as discussed yesterday (Pole, Positions Gained, Driver of the Race etc).

I would leave the point distribution for finishing places the same as it is.

Then you stick to what you said yesterday?
Why confuse me then? :(

Grijo
23-09-2015, 10:40
Yeah, it's similar with me, I'm a much better driver now than I was before I started competing in this championship. It's a huge difference for me in overall skill and consistency I feel, and I've picked up a lot of knowledge along the way about many things, from different classes of cars to track layouts to general setups and modifications for vehicles, and much more. I'm very thankful that I could improve myself as a driver while having so much fun all at the same time, and it's all thanks to participating, preparing, and competing in this great championship Pink has created. :) I'm sure to different extents it is similar for everyone here. :)

Having said that, I still have a long way to go before I could really contend for wins, and much more to learn, and that's very exciting. :)

I'm with you my friend, I feel the same. But I have just one problem: Pcars AI difficult only reaches 100%. Pink and Diesel are like what, 150% difficult? ;)

chig88
23-09-2015, 10:42
Then you stick to what you said yesterday?
Why confuse me then? :(

It was actually in reply to PureMalt regarding his comments on the point distribution structure.

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 10:57
And here is one case where the math can be tricky: imagine someone starting P10, finishing P4 and thowing a hot lap, could end up with more points than the winner of the race, and this I find a bit unfair, so when we start implementing such rules, we need to take care how points can overlap and avoid an extreme case where a top driver would purposedly qualify in P8 knowing that a P3 or above is reacheable only to cash the extra points.

With a risk of getting caught up in unwanted battles/contact. Why not think about 3 bonus points to the pole sitter if they can win and gain fastest lap in the race giving them the weekend hatrick. That would be a well earned points boost. Has that happened yet?

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 10:58
I'm with you my friend, I feel the same. But I have just one problem: Pcars AI difficult only reaches 100%. Pink and Diesel are like what, 150% difficult? ;)

LMAO! :D
Unlike the AI, l do make mistakes. In this month too many for my own taste :chargrined:

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 11:01
With a risk of getting caught up in unwanted battles/contact. Why not think about 3 bonus points to the pole sitter if they can win and gain fastest lap in the race giving them the weekend hatrick. That would be a well earned points boost. Has that happened yet?

I dont know.
I'll consider the suggestions of you guys and think about something for October.
Let me surprise you :)

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 11:35
Position

Bonus Points

Pole Position

Fastest Lap

Positions Gained

Driver of the Race

Thoughts? :)

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 11:39
I like that Pink! Just not sure about "Driver of the Race".
And what about Positions Gained? Just 1 point if you gained any position at all?

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 11:40
I like that Pink! Just not sure about "Driver of the Race".
And what about Positions Gained? Just 1 point if you gained any position at all?

No, the one with the most positions gained gets a point.
And Driver of the Race gets 2 points because its a special award that other people have to give you.

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 11:41

It has! I did it last Sunday @Dubai! ( not sure if I'll ever do it again though :eek: )
Pidgey also had a victory + best lap in the 1st Sunday @Oulton, don't know if he had the pole.
Same with Zunge Monday @Road America and @Bathurst.

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 11:42
It has! I did it last Sunday @Dubai! ( not sure if I'll ever do it again though :eek: )
Pidgey also had a victory + best lap in the 1st Sunday @Oulton, don't know if he had the pole.
Same with Zunge Monday @Road America and @Bathurst.

Indeed Pidgey got the Pole at Oulton.
But Zunge didnt have the fastest lap on Bathurst :p

The Russian
23-09-2015, 11:46
International.
Lol, you asked me that on PSN and you got an answer.

Sorry, it must not have come through before I turned it off lol, that's what I used anyways

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 11:47
Sorry, it must not have come through before I turned it off lol, that's what I used anyways

No problem :)

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 11:50
Can you guys please do me a favor?

Please create your personal Race Number (http://www.racinggraphics.com/number-kits.aspx) here.
When you are done editing, instead of clicking on "Finished", just copy and paste the number and send them to me in a PM in this forum.
l would like to use them for something. So please, l need them asap. :)

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 12:00
Indeed Pidgey got the Pole at Oulton.
But Zunge didnt have the fastest lap on Bathurst :p

My mistake here! Not Bathurst, but @Hockenheim!

chig88
23-09-2015, 12:09

Please create your personal Race Number (http://www.racinggraphics.com/number-kits.aspx) here.
When you are done editing, instead of clicking on "Finished", just copy and paste the number and send them to me in a PM in this forum.

Won't let me send via PM for some reason.

This 'thing' you're working on - do you still want me to continue with my 'thing' or are you going with yours? I ask only so I know how much time to allocate to spend on doing mine.

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 12:11
Same here, no picture upload via PM possible...

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 12:15
Sweet, thanks you two :)

Diesel98
23-09-2015, 12:22
Here's my race number Pink :)

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 12:38
Why do the pictures of Chig and Diesel have a white background frame, but Malt's does not? (When l copy and paste them)

The Russian
23-09-2015, 12:41

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 12:41

Here is mine

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 12:53
Haha you guys have talent, the numbers look great! :D

PureMalt77
23-09-2015, 12:55
Why do the pictures of Chig and Diesel have a white background frame, but Malt's does not? (When l copy and paste them)

This is how I generated it: after the picture is ready, I right-clicked it and "Save Image As...", giving me the .png file. I used Firefox.

chig88
23-09-2015, 12:58
This is how I generated it: after the picture is ready, I right-clicked it and "Save Image As...", giving me the .png file. I used Firefox.

Same here, although I'm doing it from my phone. It saved without a background in my photo gallery on my phone so no idea why it's uploaded with one.

Pink - if you have Microsoft Office you can insert the images into a PowerPoint slide and use the 'Remove Background' option in the formatting tools.

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 12:59
I used chrome and saved the picture as a .png because it wouldn't let me Copy and Paste.

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 13:00
Same here, although I'm doing it from my phone. It saved without a background in my photo gallery on my phone so no idea why it's uploaded with one.

Pink - if you have Microsoft Office you can insert the images into a PowerPoint slide and use the 'Remove Background' option in the formatting tools.

That takes me back to my school days!

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 13:02

Many thanks :)

chig88
23-09-2015, 13:04
That takes me back to my school days!

The old ways are the best! :D

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 13:18

Doesnt work.
Can you save and upload the picture as a PNG? Thats what Diesel did and then it worked :)

chig88
23-09-2015, 13:19
Not at the moment - I'm at work so it'll have to be when I'm next on my home computer

QPRLad
23-09-2015, 13:33

Will this one work Pink?

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 13:47
Will this one work Pink?

Malt's worked, yes.
l'll let you know if your's worked. But if you saved it as a PNG it should.

The Russian
23-09-2015, 13:54
Mine was done on my phone, just saved picture to phone, it's all I can do as my computer has gone bust.

itzhipno
23-09-2015, 13:55
I have patch 4.0 now so I should be able to race on Sunday.

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 13:55
Mine was done on my phone, just saved picture to phone, it's all I can do as my computer has gone bust.

It works ;)

chig88
23-09-2015, 14:07
Here's the logo you wanted that I made previously. I've ripped it straight from the site I was working on so hopefully it should already have a transparent background. If not it will also have to wait until I'm on my home computer I'm afraid.

Let me know if you want anything else (team logos etc).

P.S. I've removed the copyright branding from it but a little note of credit or something somewhere would be nice :).

chig88
23-09-2015, 14:08
AARRGGHH!!

I can see already that it hasn't uploaded with a transparent background :(. I'll re-send it as soon as I can get on my home PC.

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 14:16
P.S. I've removed the copyright branding from it but a little note of credit or something somewhere would be nice :).

Lol why? :D
As if anyone but us will ever see this ;)

l'll keep it in mind though.

chig88
23-09-2015, 14:18
Lol why? :D
As if anyone but us will ever see this ;)

l'll keep it in mind though.

Erm... because I worked hard on this graphic stuff & I thought it might be a nice touch.

Also I'm paid to do stuff like this for a living & I'm tossing the league a freebie?

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 14:29
Erm... because I worked hard on this graphic stuff & I thought it might be a nice touch.

Also I'm paid to do stuff like this for a living & I'm tossing the league a freebie?

Erm... Have you ever thrown a note of credit my way for organizing this thing? :p

chig88
23-09-2015, 14:31
Erm... Have you ever thrown a note of credit my way for organizing this thing? :p

Geez calm down - I asked for a note of credit for designing a graphic, what's with the attitude?

Pink_650S
23-09-2015, 14:33
Geez calm down - I asked for a note of credit for designing a graphic, what's with the attitude?

It was a simple question you failed to answer as it seems :p