PDA

View Full Version : Ginetta G55 GT3 paddle shifting

Marakusu
24-08-2015, 21:09
Hello,

could it be possible to make paddle shifting animation for the Ginetta G55 GT3 car?

jimmyb_84
24-08-2015, 22:57
Hello,

could it be possible to make paddle shifting animation for the Ginetta G55 GT3 car?

The original design go the Ginetta GT3 didn't have paddle shift, and that is the model featured in the game. 100% authentic and I read somewhere it also didn't have traction control.

EDIT* Sorry Tell a lie it was ABS

Interview with Ginetta Driver Mike Simpson on Daily Sports Cars

“We brought the car out in 2012 in British GT, we had WFR and lots of different teams running it. It was a very basic GT3 car back then, with no paddle shift or ABS. But it was very light and nimble. It was very quick in its first year, but to sell the car all the assists and luxuries needed to be added."

Marakusu
25-08-2015, 08:41
The original design go the Ginetta GT3 didn't have paddle shift, and that is the model featured in the game. 100% authentic and I read somewhere it also didn't have traction control.

EDIT* Sorry Tell a lie it was ABS

Interview with Ginetta Driver Mike Simpson on Daily Sports Cars

Thanks for the answer :).
But could SMS update the design? Surely nowadays Ginetta has paddles for shifting and for some reason it bothers me a lot when I use paddles and animation doesn't :D.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-08-2015, 11:00
Thanks for the answer :).
But could SMS update the design? Surely nowadays Ginetta has paddles for shifting and for some reason it bothers me a lot when I use paddles and animation doesn't :D.They got very (and I mean VERY) comprehensive CAD packages from Ginetta to base the cars on, and they very likely won't be budging on official CAD references.

EDIT: The G55 GT3 car on boards from last year seem to show that all of them still have the sequential stick, but some also have paddles in addition to the stick. Hmmm.

Marakusu
25-08-2015, 11:13
They got very (and I mean VERY) comprehensive CAD packages from Ginetta to base the cars on, and they very likely won't be budging on official CAD references.

EDIT: The G55 GT3 car on boards from last year seem to show that all of them still have the sequential stick, but some also have paddles in addition to the stick. Hmmm.

Yeah some drivers uses paddles so it would be great to have that in Project Cars too. Maybe at some time SMS will look into it :).

jimmyb_84
25-08-2015, 17:54
They got very (and I mean VERY) comprehensive CAD packages from Ginetta to base the cars on, and they very likely won't be budging on official CAD references.

that would be the updated version of the car or V2 if you will. I'm sure the designs used by SMS were the original design

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-08-2015, 18:29
Anyway, considering the car is using the exact and very accurate reference from Ginetta and is also approved by Ginetta, I doubt they're likely to change it at this point in time. Personally I do like it this way though, I enjoy these little differences from car to car. =)