PDA

View Full Version : Australian Club Event - Wed/Thurs 26/27 August 2015

spidey11
25-08-2015, 09:01
Wed/Thurs race:
Wed will be the 2x12 lap race event, 2nd race being reverse grid.
One mandatory pitstop per race. You can choose to just do fuel or tyres also if you wish.
Wed Track:
Sonoma Raceway Short

Thurs will be the semi-endure race again. The laps will be to average out a race time of one hour.
Thurs Track:
Zhuhai International Circuit

Time:
If you're working late and can't make the time, let me know and we could shift the start back half an hour.
Lobby will open at 9:00pm, Event starts at 9:15pm with a 15 minute qualifying time, Race start at 9:30pm, AEST GMT+10.
Same for both nights.

Assists:
All assist will be allowed, use whichever ones you want/need.

Tyre wear:
X7 for Wednesday event
X6 for enduro on Thursday event.

Car class:
Radical SR8-RX
You better get some practice

Change of car as the BMW Me E90 wasn't like by too many hahah

Names:
Spidey_11

jason
25-08-2015, 09:08
Track?

spidey11
25-08-2015, 13:18
Get ready for a sweet handling car at a well designed fast paced circuit boys...... Honestly tho, we should try out all the different cars and all the tracks if we paid for a game that doesn't just have GT3's :)

I'll try and be on a bit earlier for any setup help you guys want, not saying that I'm great, but.. actually I don't know what any of the values means anyways

hkraft300
25-08-2015, 16:21
Pretty sure I'll make tonight's race. Might have a couple of QLD lads tag along if there are grid spots to fill =)

spidey11
25-08-2015, 21:42
I'm sure there will be plenty of spots :)

jason
25-08-2015, 21:47
I think there will be :) Tested them last night , there not that great but not that bad either .

ChrisK
25-08-2015, 21:49
i should be on despite the fact that they suck ass.

jason
25-08-2015, 22:10
i should be on despite the fact that they suck ass.

I was lying they suck all right :)

buggie_brain
26-08-2015, 01:09
I think they are great! But if they suck they suck for everybody;)

Clevohead
26-08-2015, 01:13
Just curious Spidey, how do you arrange your reverse grids? There is no option in the room settings is there?

buggie_brain
26-08-2015, 01:24
Hey clevo we just add an extra lap and sort ourselves out on the first lap and make it a rolling start. Much the same as TGC. We haven't quiet got it right yet but we'll get there with a little more practice.
http://youtu.be/yutP9lb4P9w

jason
26-08-2015, 01:32
Terrible example :) green green green ......smash smash smash lol

hkraft300
26-08-2015, 01:39
Haha pretty sure that was me in the White Aston
Made a hash of that start sorry guys. The inside kerb threw my car. Took out half the field

Ps: weather forecast for tonight's race, spider?

jason
26-08-2015, 01:42
Haha pretty sure that was me in the White Aston
Made a hash of that start sorry guys. The inside kerb threw my car. Took out half the field

The curb is a handful.

spidey11
26-08-2015, 01:53
Just curious Spidey, how do you arrange your reverse grids? There is no option in the room settings is there?

Jump on tonight with us and see the mayhem first hand!!! Haha na it's not all that bad.
2nd race, 5 min qualifying but the time doesn't matter, first lap is formation with everyone getting into place, once on the straight it's a rolling start with lead driver calling green green green! Then we're off for 12 laps of fun

Clevohead
26-08-2015, 01:55
I would mate, but Wednesdays are my brew'n'bottle night, I would skip it, but I have three other guys I brew with and they might crack the poops if I bail leaving them to bottle my share lol.

jason
26-08-2015, 02:14
Not easy ducking flying bottles racing at Sonoma with a shitty bmw .

buggie_brain
26-08-2015, 02:22
Ahh yeah now that I watch more than the first 5 seconds it is a terrible example, haha. Now I remember that race.
Here you can watch the pros.
http://youtu.be/RYP95GHlCoM

Clevohead
26-08-2015, 03:06
Not easy ducking flying bottles racing at Sonoma with a shitty bmw .

Specially long necks!

Harsh-one1
26-08-2015, 03:28
G'day guys, il be on the grid tonight 👍

spidey11
26-08-2015, 04:27
Sounds good harsh one, send me an friend request so I can send u an invite :)

Is ur psn the same as ur name?

Bundyrumdan
26-08-2015, 04:59
I'm in for tonight also

hkraft300
26-08-2015, 05:28
^ Ye it is =)

spidey11
26-08-2015, 10:52
There's a ps4 update boys so make sure u do that first :)

ChrisK
26-08-2015, 12:17
My first disconnect using 3.0. Thank god it happened when we were racing those shitboxs.

First race, finished 6th. Considering the tight track and cars, pretty good racing. Sorry to sneeky for getting tangled up on the last turn, I had to hit the anchors when furters lost it and just slid right into you mate.

Second race, sudden blue screen on the formation lap.

Good job subby !!

jason
26-08-2015, 13:32
Thanks roozy ....... It was good racing with that track and those cars , well done all involved .

Good win in the second race buggie .

hkraft300
26-08-2015, 14:00
Great race guys. Full grid! Well it was until Furters rage quit =P
Good to see a few new names on the list. Short and busy track. A few incidents but hey shit happens.
Qualified in P5 myself. Surprisingly stayed close to the leaders til a few made mistakes and I snuck past. Spidey was <1 sec behind me pretty much all of race 1. Didn't give him a gap to pass and managed to keep it together.
Yes, I will brag about beating him considering he usually laps me ;)

Well done to the winners
Race 1: Subgtracer and race 2: buggie_brain

Surprise! Spidey and ChrisK not holding the top spots for once :p

hkraft300
26-08-2015, 14:05
Race 1 results

Subgtracer took the win with a race time of 16:25.447
Hkraft300 +7.676
Spidey_11 +9.403
Harsh-one1 +17.993
Buggie_brain +25.031
Rooz31 +25.465
Emgonzo +32.432
Bundyrumdan +43.331
Sneekynuts11 +50.010
Ironmask75 +51.946
Hazeone68 +1:03.735
Sixstringslider +1 lap
Dadaus007 +1 lap
Low_nz +1 lap
Akd21 DNF

Race 2 results

Buggie_brain winner
Ironmask75 +11.092
Subgtracer +16.318
Spidey_11 +16.726
Sneekynuts11 +22.014
Hkraft300 +22.860
Harsh-one1 +26.642
Dadaus007 +26.778
Hazeone68 +27.279
Bundyrumdan +41.728
Emgonzo +59.350
Low_nz +1:22.024

Furters
26-08-2015, 20:12
Great race guys. Full grid! Well it was until Furters rage quit =P
Good to see a few new names on the list. Short and busy track. A few incidents but hey shit happens.
Qualified in P5 myself. Surprisingly stayed close to the leaders til a few made mistakes and I snuck past. Spidey was <1 sec behind me pretty much all of race 1. Didn't give him a gap to pass and managed to keep it together.
Yes, I will brag about beating him considering he usually laps me ;)

Well done to the winners
Race 1: Subgtracer and race 2: buggie_brain

Surprise! Spidey and ChrisK not holding the top spots for once :p

I ran out of fuel and didn't really fancy waiting around for race 2 after that

jason
26-08-2015, 21:28
With regards to last nights racing for me personally , the first race was boring ............But the second race was exciting as hell trying to slowly pick of places in the field seeing a lot of 3 - 4 cars racing super close with out wiping each other from the track , at one stage I was with 3 off you guys turning into the second right hand corner and all 4 off us were within inches of each other going around the corner 3 abreast which there just isn't room for :) , not a incident within that little battle , that continued into the next corner it was just brilliant to watch in the replay!

I'm not sure who it was as I was holding on for grim death but Kudos to the guys in this pack it was great !
Is there anyway to share the replay?

buggie_brain
26-08-2015, 22:22
Both races were very frustrating for me even with a win in the second race. Had quite a few incidents in the first race and in the second I was just lucky because of my pit strategy. I think some people need to learn when to yield and others need to know that you can't overtake at every single corner. Just because you are closing in on somebody on a straight it doesn't mean you should overtake them at that very next corner by getting on the brake too late and running them wide.
Ok venting over...

Spidey why are we changing cars because some people "don't like them". Wasn't that the whole point of picking a car and sticking to it?

jason
26-08-2015, 22:30
Was that me buggy because I know we did have a little rub at one point on the second race coming into the last corner , just asking big fella!

ChrisK
26-08-2015, 22:39
Wasn't that the whole point of picking a car and sticking to it?

Funny you mention this cos i had a discussion about it a few days ago with someone regarding the calender. You're right in that the original intent as to have a car for the week, but opening up the calender to individual choices has now mixed that up a lot and we race completely different cars and conditions on Wednesday and Thursday.

So we have to ask ourselves, what's more important ? Same car for the week or the increased variety ? I'm happy with either although I do suspect that trying to keep the same car for the week may be the better long term option. I think the broader group needs to contribute to the discussion personally.

jason
26-08-2015, 22:53
As far as the calendar goes I think its fine left how it is because we have plenty of notice for those races .

As far as our weekly runs at the moment they have always been the same car and that should stay . And I am not saying that because I had a win , as I get no advantage from this statement as it is extremely likely that I wont be running tonight.

ChrisK
26-08-2015, 22:56
Was that me buggy because I know we did have a little rub at one point on the second race coming into the last corner , just asking big fella!

Probably, you're a goddam mobile chicane !!

jason
26-08-2015, 22:58
Probably, you're a goddam mobile chicane !!

? im confused :) oh hehhehe the race after :) hahahhaa

buggie_brain
26-08-2015, 23:01
Nah sub not that incident, personally I think that was fine. It is when attempts at overtaking are made that are unrealistic. Sometimes I may bring this on myself by giving too much room. In race 2 I started 9th and by lap 2 I was dead last because leaving room and not diving down the inside myself gave the person behind an opportunity to dive the inside on me.

And Rooz you make a good point, from next week on it is all upto shit anyway I suppose. Radical it is!

ChrisK
26-08-2015, 23:08
You misunderstand bugs, I think you make a lot of sense and I think we should think about this before we "launch" the calender. Do we pick the cars for the week and the owners just pick the tracks or do we make it a free choice and ignore consistency. I don't think there's a wrong answer here, but it's worth discussing.

Furters
26-08-2015, 23:18
I think a lot of people have likely picked their track and cars as a combo that they like, much like I did with Hockenheim and the GT3s. If we only get to pick the track, leaving the car the way it is takes some of that choice away. Also, I know I ant win, but Hockenheim with GT3s is a combo I am used to and do semi-well with, but if it's some other car, I'll languish at the back like normal and o won't be anywhere near as excited for that. Picking both seems to make it more like a "home" race as such. Plus, variety is good

jason
26-08-2015, 23:28
I think perhaps the best way is we all get in a chat room together , not to race but to discuss this all together and make a decision from there ......

Oh and the other thing as I have mentioned before , people are randomly inviting people into the room we need to stop this as they don't know what the rules are or how we expect things to be conducted , it doesn't help......Lets stop this.

I see people entering the race in the second race that were not in the first ? Lets just nip this in the bud if we have 15 guys in the race at start , those are the only 15 that can compete , if we end up with 7 at the end of the 2 sessions so be it.

buggie_brain
27-08-2015, 00:09
Yeah I agree with Furters. They are all our own individual choices so they should stay I think. We might run into trouble if a heap of people won't race particular races because there not happy with the track/car/conditions.

That would suck.

jason
27-08-2015, 00:09
Yes it would

jason
27-08-2015, 00:10
Tell us what time and what day is good for you guys to get together and have a chat! We will only need 10 min of your time.

spidey11
27-08-2015, 00:12
Sorry for the change of cars guys, My innocent nature is easily lead astray by a nice whisper in my ear, but not normally from a deep voiced bloke... Haha

You're right, same car for the week was the goal for consistency, I thought most people didn't like it after Sonoma race. I'm happy with whatever and there's a chance I might not be able to make tonight (if I'm not on, my date went well. If I am home in time then you'll know things wrapped up early)

I'm drumming up a new type of league, fixed race calendar with plenty of notice and fixed cars I.e. U have to stick with ur numbered car the entire series. Are people interested in this replacing the normal Wednesday night event or should this be on a different day? Weekends? It'll be a 1 race event each week with 18 lap races

jason
27-08-2015, 00:19
Spidey if your date goes well , you enjoy your life because that will be the last we see of you !

spidey11
27-08-2015, 01:15
I may be forced to sell my racing rig to buy a cott... Wow hey hey now!

Furters
27-08-2015, 01:19

Just make sure you marry her before showing her the rig.

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 02:33

Pls elaborate ?

jason
27-08-2015, 03:09
Cmon we know that's a lie , we no that little tinky thing can't create children .

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 03:36
I invited in harsh-one1 in race 1 seeing a free spot and he'd requested to join on the thread somewhere. We'd practiced together for the race. Samsung1998racer was also practicing with us but seeing he hadn't posted on the thread, and there were more than a few spots available in race 2, I threw him an invite to see what it's about. They're both local (SA and QLD) boys and I've been racing with them a lot lately so I trusted in their conduct. Reckon I should've asked first and I will do next time.

Seems we'll start to get full grids often so places should be booked on the event thread, hey? That way nobody misses out that shouldn't.

buggie_brain
27-08-2015, 03:37
I'm happy to change cars for tonight it really doesn't bother me but the point I'm trying to make is if we keep changing things because a few people don't like them we would never settle on anything. Sure Sonoma and the e30 was difficult but I quite liked that challenge. Maybe just my preference but it made for a nice change instead of gt3 all the time.

I'm available tonight for a chat unless the wife puts the hard word on me..... Highly unlikely.... I'll be available!!

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 03:42
Ps sorry Jason that race 1 was so boring for you up front and I didn't have the pace to catch you and kept Spidey behind me to not give you hard time =P

Pps yes I had to throw it in there one more time that I beat Spidey in a race ;)

jason
27-08-2015, 03:43
Yeah I think that's how it will end up hkraft , it will get to a point that it will be full every time I think ................ Not knocking the lads Kraft I have even done this myself , I just don't think its a good practice .........

Those guys race well from the couple of races I have had with you and the boys .

I don't think we are chasing the hole serious nature of it all but it doesn't hurt for us to be as organised as we possibly can .

jason
27-08-2015, 03:49
Oh just to finish of, if I heard correctly last night I heard some call someone else a F*CK Head in the first race ! ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 03:57
I think masky had a hard time somewhere. I may be wrong, but I thought he cracked it and jumped out

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 04:18
I'm happy to change cars for tonight it really doesn't bother me but the point I'm trying to make is if we keep changing things because a few people don't like them we would never settle on anything. Sure Sonoma and the e30 was difficult but I quite liked that challenge. Maybe just my preference but it made for a nice change instead of gt3 all the time.

I'm available tonight for a chat unless the wife puts the hard word on me..... Highly unlikely.... I'll be available!!

I also think the e30 sucks ass but I'm fine to run them tonite, I don't much like formula cars, but have no issue running them either. I don't think there was anything planned or deliberate about changing it up mate, a few of us hung around afterwards and ran a few laps. Had a quick discussion and just thought the radicals at zhuhai would be fun. Nothing more than that big man.

As for running gt3 all the time, to be fair, I think we've only run them once in an event. And most of us have become so tired of gt3 cars, we rarely run them for more than one race per night on the open nights where we normally run all sorts of cars. We stuck to gt4 for a few reasons, firstly it gave people a really good opportunity to stick with a single car and get used to it so could get much better at driving it, some people didn't want to do open wheelers, people wanted to start off with something slower than gt3 but faster than a g40 which is what we started with and also cos within the gt3 class there is a good choice of different cars within the class. That variety within the class is the big appeal where different cars have different pro's and cons.

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 04:46
I'm down to race whatever. Bit of a downforce whore but I like to change it up.
Suppose the events are lacking in Gt3 because non-event races some are using the Gt3 a lot... Plus there's such a huge variety in that each car/class is so different.

The radicals are awesome at Zhuhai and I prefer the RX myself. For those who aren't familiar with the Radical I highly recommend allowing the Caterham to race - easier to tune and drive fast, also be consistent in. Radical I think has the outright pace over the Caterham but it's harder to tame. Reckon the Caterham may have better endurance capability than the Radical RX too. It'll be interesting to see that difference.

I don't mind if we switch it up tonight. Prefer the LMP3 at Zhuhai - the E30 would be awfully boring at Zhuhai I think.

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 04:48
Are those in the same class as the Palmer jag krafty ? How does that one compare ?

Furters
27-08-2015, 04:55
I'll vote to stick with the Radical for tonight, if only because I've been home sick practicing with it :)

Harsh-one1
27-08-2015, 05:04
I'm in tonight for the endurance race in the shitty radicals..

We should include catehams and the 4 cyl radical

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 05:06
Are those in the same class as the Palmer jag krafty ? How does that one compare ?

Ye mate same class
Palmer Jag might be the slowest of the lot but haven't spent all that much time in them. Initial impressions. The 2 Radicals and Caterham are on a par.
Can we have mech failures on for tonight's race please? I fear the radicals will run away otherwise, or if we stick with the same cars some will find it difficult and just fall way behind.

Samsung1998racer
27-08-2015, 05:31
Am i able to join tonight?

jason
27-08-2015, 05:39
I couldn't see a problem with that Samsung ..... Hes a good racer guys .

Harsh-one1
27-08-2015, 07:22
What's the verdict on the use of the caterhams???

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 07:35
+1
It'll be interesting for the variety in cars, pace and strategy, as well if some find them easier to drive and set up it'll make for tighter racing =)

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 07:42
I don't mind either way. I've only ever driven the radical once and never driven the caterham so i have no idea which one is competitive and which one isn't. Is there a massive variation in lap times ?

Looking forward to next week when the race setup is transparent in advance !

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 07:57
I've raced the RX against the Caterhams in 10-15 lap races at Monza Bathurst and couple other tracks they're almost identical in pace and lap times. Ultimately the RX is slightly faster in the hands of those who can handle them. Keeping the RX consistently fast and pointing in the right direction is the challenge.
Caterham has e-boost but it recharges at a very slow rate. In a 40 lap race one would want to use it sparingly.

Harsh-one1
27-08-2015, 08:01
So that's a yes...
And the cater dose have e-boost but only for a once off thing. It dose not recharge.

Woffu
27-08-2015, 08:01
Hey guys had a good time last night. Don't worry about it rooz all good mate. Sorry to hkraft for making you spin and bad luck about running out of fuel just befor the finish line.
After the race I was thinking about my incident with hfraft and how it was my fault he spun and I probably should of slowed down and gave his spot back even if it meant I lost spots. think I'm going to do this now if it's my fault.
What does everyone think about making/suggesting a few simple rules befor the calander starts?
The only thing with rules is sometimes there's to many rules or silly rules that take the fun out of it which I wouldn't won't to do as that's why I play the game is to have fun.

Sorry guys I won't be on tonight got our last footy training befor the grand final saturday. If we win that you won't be see me on for a few days.

Harsh-one1
27-08-2015, 08:05
ratbag000 will also be racing tonight.

Bundyrumdan
27-08-2015, 08:21
I'm in for tonight also

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 08:24
Ye mate I thought it was totally your fault too :p but that's racing. I didn't expect you to give the position back - it's not intentional, we're not professionals or arseholes. We got a good bunch of blokes here, yourself included. With experience we'll get better at racing close.
I was short shifting and trying to save fuel and watching you close the gap on me on the last lap and my engine died just around the bend before the finish line! Shattered. Lap 10/11 I was up in 4th til I had another spin - that's when I realised I'm running low and didn't take enough fuel.
Agree with the too many rules BS I'm even happy to run with no penalties although post-3.0 it's not so strict as to slap penalties at every corner.

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 08:35
Driver list for tonight:- hit quote below and add your PSN/forum ID in =)

Bundyrumdan
Furters44 (he'd done 2 race distances last I checked lol)
Harsh-one1
Samsung1998racer
Hkraft300
Ratbag000
Spidey (hopefully not, because I'd rather his date goes well ;) )
Rooz31/ChrisK
Jason/Subgtracer
Buggie_brain

Anyone else?
Suppose the regulars get grid preference but we should get in the habit of booking a spot. The list of regulars is growing. but we'll discuss that in the main club thread hey :)

Furters
27-08-2015, 08:38
Definitely can't let my practice for this one go to waste. I may even be ahead of last

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 08:39
Definitely can't let my practice for this one go to waste. I may even be ahead of last

Lol judging by your lap times reckon you're in for the podium.
The other podium spot I'm betting on buggie because he will somehow pull off a 1-stop strategy and still put in fast lap times...

buggie_brain
27-08-2015, 08:53
Agree with everything in here. We need rules and we need to make sure that before every race everybody knows the rules (mainly the newcomers), BUT we don't want to many rules!;).

Did i mention how disappointed i was when Rooz was unfortunately disconnected last night right at the very start of race 2.... What a shame:p

Harsh-one1
27-08-2015, 09:02
Caterhams?..........

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 09:09
Jimbo will probably join us aswell. He's normally in on the enduros.

buggie_brain
27-08-2015, 09:26
im just gonna call it and say yes to Caterhams! Spidey is obviously not here too busy using pick up lines and harsh one is bout to pop a pooper valve.

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 09:29
Yes to caterham

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 09:46
Driver list for tonight:- hit quote below and add your PSN/forum ID in =)

Bundyrumdan
Furters44 (he'd done 2 race distances last I checked lol)
Harsh-one1
Samsung1998racer
Hkraft300
Ratbag000
Spidey (hopefully not, because I'd rather his date goes well ;) )
Rooz31/ChrisK
Jason/Subgtracer
Buggie_brain

Shotgun radical #41 livery

farmerboy
27-08-2015, 11:43
Bloody hell, game disconnected on lap 3:sorrow:

Looking forward to hearing how you all went, as i reckon those radicals are gonna be a handful when the tires wear. Looking forward to checking this thread over coffee tomorrow morning. Sorry boys.

farmerboy
27-08-2015, 11:50
Oh yeah, i tried to get back in cos i thought i might have a bit of fun with the spectate mode, thought it was worth a punt. Nope. Obviously that only works while you're still connected to the lobby.

ChrisK
27-08-2015, 13:23
They weren't too bad. Not much different to any of the others. I guess around 2-3s a lap slower when they were really shot. Mainly noticeable on corner exit when you tried to get the power down. I didn't bother with 1st gear cos I could barely put the foot down on good tyres let alone worn ones.

hkraft300
27-08-2015, 13:29
Results for tonight well done to roozy (ChrisK) taking the win in the Radical RX with a race time of 44:39.217

Harsh-one1
Caterham SP300 +1:10.640

Hkraft300
Radical RX +1:30.940

Buggie_brain
Caterham SP300 +1 lap

Fuddfinkel
Radical RX +1 lap

Ratbag000
Caterham SP300 +1 lap

Hazeone68
Radical RX +1 lap

Jimbo911gt3
Radical RX +2 laps

spidey11
28-08-2015, 02:36
When are we going to implement the rule that Rooz should race with rain tyres.... All the time ;)