PDA

View Full Version : We need a new start

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 13:05
I just looked at my joining date on this forum and was amazed that it was May - so 3 months down the line yes my enthusiasm is waning, but still feel excited playing the game when that sweet moment is reached

The wait has been a long and I totally understand peoples frustrations but if I was thinking of buying PCars for the xbox and visited this forum I probably wouldn't due to activity at present being non existent between the Xbox community and SMS and what is, is just too negative

I think the issues encountered and the lack of communication are sending us into a dangerous downward spiral of negativity but I firmly believe those still active here who want the game to succeed have to remain positive or we end up fulfilling our own prophecy that we are being treated differently.

I am no publicist for the game and keep my opinions to myself on how each side has been treated/treated each other , but we either engage or whither on the vine as if they see no interest I am sure they will consider whether it is worth improving Xbox version.

I have learned such a lot from this forum and have been amazed at the knowledge that some racers have and I want to engage in that and learn myself as the game has fired something in me and I would hate to lose that community. I have seen major contributors in helping people reducing their input and that is a major loss to both this forum, us and SMS.

And yes we can be negative and critical, but at present if feels like we need a marriage counselor sat between us to get along and it is depressing and I hope that SMS deliver to the xbox what we want in patch 3 and 4, so we can have a new start and kiss and make up.

Just my point of view

RoccoTTS
25-08-2015, 14:05
Totally agreed, well said !!

Raven403
25-08-2015, 14:08
Agreed.

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 16:05
Maybe 3.0 will be the catalyst for that new start. Maybe that will bring the magic back into the relationship. I'm increasingly hearing the frustration of the Xbox community and I'm getting the sense that 3.0 is the last chance with FM6 coming out in a month. Folks are already getting their end game strategies in place. I know it wasn't done deliberately but the Xbox version of this game feels like an afterthought. Maybe that applies to all console versions I don't know. But it's clear to me that the primary focus was on PC and not enough thought was given to Xbox (and maybe PS4 as well).

On a personal level, even though I probably won't be going back to Forza, 3.0 is sort of my line in the sand. It will either make or break the game for me. If it fixes enough issues to make the game playable again for me, I'll stick it out. If not, I'll lurk here occasionally to monitor progress and if another patch comes out that looks promising, I'll give it a try. However my fear is that in a month there will be a massive migration to FM6 and the Pcars Xbox community will become even more marginalized. I've given a good bit of thought to switching over to PC and I may yet do it. However at this point that just feels like throwing good money after bad.

RoccoTTS
25-08-2015, 16:07
I think when Forza 6 is released in september is a good time to take a new start.
There are too many kids (adults with childish behavior) on the X1 section at this moment and hopefully they are moving to the T10 forums and don't come back.
The behavior of some people at the X1 section is just making me sick.

FoxMulder
25-08-2015, 16:08
pcars1 already peaked, it's all downhill from here.

RoccoTTS
25-08-2015, 16:14

No it's not. This is a thread for people who still believe in this game.
If you don't believe in the future of this game, there more than enough threads, just go there please !!

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 16:22
No it's not. This is a thread for people who still believe in this game.
If you don't believe in the future of this game, there more than enough threads, just go there please !!

I think when Forza 6 is released in september is a good time to take a new start.
There are too many kids (adults with childish behavior) on the X1 section at this moment and hopefully they are moving to the T10 forums and don't come back.
The behavior of some people at the X1 section is just making me sick.

Agreed - my motivation is to be positive in this thread and look forward not back

"If we are always looking back we continually fall over as we cannot see where we are going"

bobbylion
25-08-2015, 16:35
I just looked at my joining date on this forum and was amazed that it was May - so 3 months down the line yes my enthusiasm is waning, but still feel excited playing the game when that sweet moment is reached

The wait has been a long and I totally understand peoples frustrations but if I was thinking of buying PCars for the xbox and visited this forum I probably wouldn't due to activity at present being non existent between the Xbox community and SMS and what is, is just too negative

I think the issues encountered and the lack of communication are sending us into a dangerous downward spiral of negativity but I firmly believe those still active here who want the game to succeed have to remain positive or we end up fulfilling our own prophecy that we are being treated differently.

I am no publicist for the game and keep my opinions to myself on how each side has been treated/treated each other , but we either engage or whither on the vine as if they see no interest I am sure they will consider whether it is worth improving Xbox version.

I have learned such a lot from this forum and have been amazed at the knowledge that some racers have and I want to engage in that and learn myself as the game has fired something in me and I would hate to lose that community. I have seen major contributors in helping people reducing their input and that is a major loss to both this forum, us and SMS.

And yes we can be negative and critical, but at present if feels like we need a marriage counselor sat between us to get along and it is depressing and I hope that SMS deliver to the xbox what we want in patch 3 and 4, so we can have a new start and kiss and make up.

Just my point of view

SMS have confirmed this is the same game as PS4 version, why would they stop improving XBOX version but carry on with PS4??

Added to that if 2 or 3 people on here make SMS stop working as hard for XBOX then that is bang out of order.. it wont happen, they need this 'franchise' if it ever becomes one, to be multi platform...

bobbylion
25-08-2015, 16:36
Agreed - my motivation is to be positive in this thread and look forward not back

"If we are always looking back we continually fall over as we cannot see where we are going"

We have to look back because we are the 'back' as we have patch 2 but everyone else has patch 3...we are the very definition of 'back'...

Raven403
25-08-2015, 16:39
SMS have confirmed this is the same game as PS4 version, why would they stop improving XBOX version but carry on with PS4??

Added to that if 2 or 3 people on here make SMS stop working as hard for XBOX then that is bang out of order.. it wont happen, they need this 'franchise' if it ever becomes one, to be multi platform...

I dont see why they'd stop work on it. Obviously I don't think they will.
But the absence of an Xbox Lead or something of the sort worries me. We have no champion, no one who deals with the platform like we do.

bobbylion
25-08-2015, 16:42
But the absence of an Xbox Lead or something of the sort worries me. We have no champion, no one who deals with the platform like we do.

Where exactly is PS4 getting any superior help aside from earlier patch?

I think if we listen too much from some of the PS4 fans in xbox section we start to believe that PS4 version is somehow perfect, even the PC version has issues! Its the GAME, it has issues!

Raven403
25-08-2015, 16:44
Where exactly is PS4 getting any superior help aside from earlier patch?

I think if we listen too much from some of the PS4 fans in xbox section we start to believe that PS4 version is somehow perfect, even the PC version has issues! Its the GAME, it has issues!

I agree, my point is PC and PS4 have platform leads, while Xbox does not. Which could mean it's outsourced

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 16:46

It's the same game but there are also platform-specific differences. For example, loading and saving setups are different on PC vs. PS4 vs. XB1. And these areas are where the game-killing bugs are. It's not in the physics code (well maybe with the exception of the landmine bug), which is the same on all platforms. As Raven said, it would be nice to have somebody aware of these differences on our side in all of this.

Sasquatch
25-08-2015, 16:47

I disagree with this. Completely. There will always be folk who are loyal and those who are simply not.

RoccoTTS
25-08-2015, 16:58
The most important thing is we have to remember we're all here for the same reason. We all share the same passion, the passion for motorsport.
So we (us, the devs, the mods) have to respect each other. We are allowed to have different opinions.
BUT, PEOPLE STOP WITH FIGHTING AND INSULTING EACH OTHER.
This community is about helping each other, we help the devs and they help us.

Jezza819
25-08-2015, 17:03
I disagree with this. Completely. There will always be folk who are loyal and those who are simply not.

Exactly. The game has over delivered for me. I didn't think I would be having this much fun with it but I am. And I only ran at night for the first time this past weekend. I might summon up the courage to try running in the rain one of these days. But I only run solo, no career, never online or multi player so I guess I'm kind of isolated away in my own little world away from the problems that others are experiencing.

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 17:12
We have to look back because we are the 'back' as we have patch 2 but everyone else has patch 3...we are the very definition of 'back'...

I understand the sentiment but flip it round we could be at the front as the patch has been tested thoroughly, some errors possibly found, resubmitted and is being tested again and will not be released until MS are satisfied - yes it is taking a long time, but I would rather have this than a patch that isn't fully tested.

That's my positive spin in keeping with my thread sentiment

bobbylion
25-08-2015, 17:15
I understand the sentiment but flip it round we could be at the front as the patch has been tested thoroughly, some errors possibly found, resubmitted and is being tested again and will not be released until MS are satisfied - yes it is taking a long time, but I would rather have this than a patch that isn't fully tested.

That's my positive spin in keeping with my thread sentiment

Agreed and i've said as much in the 'waiting for patch 3" thread.

MXR SMILER
25-08-2015, 17:15
Inthebag, Schnizz and rocco , I agree with all of you. When I put impatience to one side and look forward to continued improvements and more content I see a brighter picture. The problem is that games have a limited lifespan and time is tickin' .....

tclancey
25-08-2015, 17:26
A well written post. I can understand SMS getting frustrated with the negative posts there are on the forums, and you could quite rightly say a lot of it is justified, but I don't like the slamming attitude of a lot of people who seem to think shouting and swearing about an issue is going to fix it.

This is THE BEST driving simulation to have been released on a console. Yes it has some problems. Those problems are being addressed and new code is being written. A little patience is needed.

I know a lot of people are used to buying a new game which works seamlessly from day one and may never be patched in it's life time. This game hasn't had a Hollywood sized budget behind it, it needs out feedback to further it's life. So let's help it out eh?

Having said all that, more feedback would be appreciated! xx

L4velle
25-08-2015, 17:28
I think to stop the speculation we need an official word and what has happened to xb1 patch. I like everyone else is hoping for this week. I remember Ian Bell confirmed the date of release for 2.0. I love the game and what its tried to achieve and hope 3.0 and future patches can give us the game that should have been out of the box in May.

Bealdor
25-08-2015, 17:37
I think to stop the speculation we need an official word and what has happened to xb1 patch. I like everyone else is hoping for this week. I remember Ian Bell confirmed the date of release for 2.0. I love the game and what its tried to achieve and hope 3.0 and future patches can give us the game that should have been out of the box in May.

There already was an official word on this matter: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37087-Patch-3-0-And-the-wait-starts&p=1095717&viewfull=1#post1095717

Benja190782
25-08-2015, 17:39
I don't understand all the hate - Microsoft made a console that wasn't meant for gaming - not SMS!

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 17:42
Bealdor you beat me too it

There is no speculation patch has been submitted and will be here as soon as it possibly can be.

I am sure WE SMS & MS all want that

Can that be last comment on patch 3 in here as I want to keep away from all that

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 17:43
I don't understand all the hate - Microsoft made a console that wasn't meant for gaming - not SMS!
I guess SMS didn't get the memo then because they foolishly tried to build a game on top of it. If I'd known what I know now when I bought my XB1, I wouldn't have.

bobbylion
25-08-2015, 17:44

Mine is, i know this as i've been playing games on it....one of which is PCars which im having a blast with, even loving the career.

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 17:44
Bealdor you beat me too it

There is no speculation patch has been submitted and will be here as soon as it possibly can be.
But we already knew that. So the "official statement" really doesn't tell us anything.

Raven403
25-08-2015, 17:45

Really unnecessary post.

Microsoft made the console. And it's up to Devs to optimize their game to it. Stop throwing this kind of stuff around. It helps no one.

KkDrummer
25-08-2015, 17:46

do you know how ridiculous you are sounding with this statement? If were you I would delete asap...

On topic, I hope 3.0 is a new start for PCars and its community.

Raven403
25-08-2015, 17:47
But we already knew that. So the "official statement" really doesn't tell us anything.

It certainly doesn't explain WHY it's been so long

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 17:50
Exactly. The game has over delivered for me. I didn't think I would be having this much fun with it but I am. And I only ran at night for the first time this past weekend. I might summon up the courage to try running in the rain one of these days. But I only run solo, no career, never online or multi player so I guess I'm kind of isolated away in my own little world away from the problems that others are experiencing.

Agreed

I haven't got too far into the game as I am following the career path and learning to tune - starting at bottom I wondered where it would take me and when I first drove the Caterhams and Focus RS I thought what the hell are these. Then the penny clicked, it is to make you explore your driving and tuning.

I have had loads of fun driving these for hours tuning and getting to understand the car and track, which will hopefully teach me for when I progress up the ladder

I even got so hooked on the Ford Focus at Sonoma I even posted best TT time on Xbox I and I don't care it is only a Focus - I did it and I am proud of it and it wouldn't have happened without this game and I beat my son on the PC version

It cant get much better than father son payback

BMWE87
25-08-2015, 17:53

Get your flame suit on....

inthebagbud
25-08-2015, 17:53

I think I understand what you are saying but can we discuss that MS/SMS thing elsewhere and keep it on thread

Benja190782
25-08-2015, 18:01
I think I understand what you are saying but can we discuss that MS/SMS thing elsewhere and keep it on thread

Sure, mate!

The funny thing is I haven't had many of the bugs people reports - but then again - I haven't touched the Career Mode at all. Only online and Quick Race. Maybe that explains it.

Anyway the game feels good - I just feel let down because it's better on PS4.

I'm all in for the new start - and maybe it will come with patch 3.0

But if only I had knew what I know now... If only..

TAGS Battfink
25-08-2015, 18:02
Im lucky enough to not have to many issues with pcars, patch 3.0 looks sweet aswell, but even if it doesnt deliver everything that people want i wouldnt suggest using it as an end point for your emjoyment of playing pcars.

Two reasons, firstly, nothing comes close to pcars on xbone, secondly, patch 4.0 is already being worked on

Sankyo
25-08-2015, 18:06
I agree, my point is PC and PS4 have platform leads, while Xbox does not. Which could mean it's outsourced

I think you're jumping to conclusions way out of limits. The fact that you couldn't find a user title with 'XBox' in it does not mean anything. Not all devs are (willing to be) active on this forum, nor does every dev have a specific user title (by choice or because they didn't get one by default). Most SMS devs just have 'SMS Staff' as a user title, while still every person does have a very specific task.

Nothing personal, but in general the way I see more often remarks turning into wild ideas turning into self-made conclusions turning into 'facts' on this forum is extremely worrying to me because it shows that people just make up stuff and call it reality when they don't get answers, even if they don't really need answers or should accept that either answers will be given later, or they may never get an answer. It also explains to me how every forum turns into a flame fest of unbased accusations and conspiracies. It's really creepy to see this happening.

Raven403
25-08-2015, 18:12
I think you're jumping to conclusions way out of limits. The fact that you couldn't find a user title with 'XBox' in it does not mean anything. Not all devs are (willing to be) active on this forum, nor does every dev have a specific user title (by choice or because they didn't get one by default). Most SMS devs just have 'SMS Staff' as a user title, while still every person does have a very specific task.

Nothing personal, but in general the way I see more often remarks turning into wild ideas turning into self-made conclusions turning into 'facts' on this forum is extremely worrying to me because it shows that people just make up stuff and call it reality when they don't get answers, even if they don't really need answers or should accept that either answers will be given later, or they may never get an answer. It also explains to me how every forum turns into a flame fest of unbased accusations and conspiracies. It's really creepy to see this happening.

I said that in the other thread. That if there is an Xbox lead he has either never been on here or is just titled "SMS Staff" I said exactly that.

Secondly I didnt make WILD accusations and conclusions. ON THIS FORUM, there is a Dev that Identifies as PC Lead, as well as PS4 Lead, There is NO ONE on THIS FORUM that identifies as XBox Lead. Thats a statement of Fact.

If they dont want to be on here fine. Thats a pretty simple thing to say. "Hey there is IN FACT an Xbox lead, hes just not active on the Forum guys" That wasnt hard.

And all I said was It would be Nice to have someone to have a dialog with that actually has some insight into the Console WE PLAY ON. Right now that person does not exist on here. THAT creeps ME out

Not just that, this thread is about a "New Start" and repairing a deteriorating relationship, and when you Carry a Defensive and accusatory tone, that doesnt help.

Raven403
25-08-2015, 18:28
And since you decided to take that one Post out of Context to single me out, Here is what I said before that.

You took a post in response to someone else and start making Conclusions and assumptions of your own.

So can we start making this more of a working relationship or will it just stay MODs/Devs VS. Users ? Because thats the culture thats been bred here, and the basis for starting this entire thread. Its automatic the Other Mods "like" each others posts IMMEDIATELY further making it look more like a Show of Force than Moderating.

Benja190782
25-08-2015, 18:29
Get your flame suit on....

That was sarcasm before if anyone thinks I was being serious...

BMWE87
25-08-2015, 18:31
So can we start making this more of a working relationship or will it just stay MODs/Devs VS. Users ? Because thats the culture thats been bred here, and the basis for starting this entire thread. Its automatic the Other Mods "like" each others posts IMMEDIATELY further making it look more like a Show of Force than Moderating.

Nail. Head.

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 19:03
Nothing personal, but in general the way I see more often remarks turning into wild ideas turning into self-made conclusions turning into 'facts' on this forum is extremely worrying to me because it shows that people just make up stuff and call it reality when they don't get answers
Remco, that's what people do! It's human nature. That's how conspiracy theories (like MS are holding up 3.0 because of FM6) get started. It's exactly the reason we need some dialog with those who know more than we do -- to prevent stupid shit like that from emerging as "fact".

CopperySinger5
25-08-2015, 19:25
Remco, that's what people do! It's human nature. That's how conspiracy theories (like MS are holding up 3.0 because of FM6) get started. It's exactly the reason we need some dialog with those who know more than we do -- to prevent stupid shit like that from emerging as "fact".

no flames guys "PEACE". Are you referring to the time I suggested that MS still had your patch in opposition to the views many of you conspired theories that it was sent back to SMS to be fixed? Well, it turns out that MS did indeed in FACT, had your patch. So the best thing to do from here is to simply stop conspiring theories if you don't want to hear conspiracy theories; and make a new start right here.

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 19:29
no flames guys "PEACE". Are you referring to the time I suggested that MS still had your patch in opposition to the views many of you conspired that it was sent back to SMS? Well, it turns out that MS did indeed in FACT, had your patch. So the best thing to do from here is to simply stop conspiring if you don't want to hear conspiracies; and make a new start right here.
I'm referring to the fact that nature abhors a vacuum. In the presence of nothing, people will invent something. It's dumb I agree but it happens. That's why we need communication. The antidote to BS is not silence; it's truth.

Sankyo
25-08-2015, 19:37
And since you decided to take that one Post out of Context to single me out, Here is what I said before that.

You took a post in response to someone else and start making Conclusions and assumptions of your own.

Well I'm not sure how else I could interpret

as that you concluded that there factually is no XBox Lead? If you meant that the XBox Lead seems not active on the forum, conveyed in the word absence meaning 'not here' and not 'not at SMS' then we have a big, tasty case of lost in translation although the speculation of XBox development hence being outsourced is already stretching it for me ;)

The thing is that we mods are constantly battling negativity and accusations and that is inevitably biasing us to interpreting stuff in that direction unless obviously and unambiguously not negative. Speculation towards negatives does not belong to the latter in this environment.

I agree with the forum needing to be a platform of cooperation, but again I find it disappointing that staff/mods are blamed for the current situation while when looking at the content posted, the mods aren't by far the biggest contributors to the negativity in this place. In my quoted posting I addressed the trend of speculating for negativity in general as that's what at least every 'where's patch x.x already?' thread is about, trying to lay blame somewhere. As said that remark wasn't addressed particularly to you. It was already said by a dev that also SMS was waiting on MS for news on patch 3.0 approval, yet posting after posting the negativity and speculation continues. Mods are ordinary people, too, so bound to lose their patience with that in their limited free time that they're spending on moderating this forum.

Yes we need a new start, if possible. A start of accepting the current state of affairs and accepting that SMS is doing everything they can to improve on it, for a long time to come. That fact should be the base of everything posted from now on, which is a positive attitude. If that would be taken up by everyone, forum members and mods alike, this forum would improve drastically, quickly. I know I'm going to try, as long as I'm still fresh having just returned from my holidays... :)

Sankyo
25-08-2015, 19:38

Dialog has been postponed until after the holidays :) So until then, people should restrain themselves a bit. Talk about food. Or sex. No wait, stick to food please. Any vegetable lovers out there? :)

bc525
25-08-2015, 19:39
I'm referring to the fact that nature abhors a vacuum. In the presence of nothing, people will invent something. It's dumb I agree but it happens. That's why we need communication. The antidote to BS is not silence; it's truth.

Apparently we can't handle the truth?

Dan77 DESTROYER
25-08-2015, 19:47

Just my point of view

Well said that man

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 19:49
Dialog has been postponed until after the holidays :)
OK, then tell us THAT at least. :)

So until then, people should restrain themselves a bit. Talk about food. Or sex. No wait, stick to food please. Any vegetable lovers out there? :)
Fair enough. I know you're in a tough spot. I'm a mod too on a couple of different forums and I know from experience what a thankless task it is. And the pay sucks. It can stress you out and this is a particularly bad situation because you guys are caught between a rock and a hard place. So I'll try to be less of a rock. (I don't think I've been impolite to a mod but if I have, I apologize.) But please try to see it from our perspective too. We already feel like red-headed step-children. Having to wait an additional 2 weeks makes that worse and not hearing any official word (except that there is no official word) just piles on the frustration for us.

Im Sorry
25-08-2015, 19:50
Well I'm not sure how else I could interpret

as that you concluded that there factually is no XBox Lead? If you meant that the XBox Lead seems not active on the forum, conveyed in the word absence meaning 'not here' and not 'not at SMS' then we have a big, tasty case of lost in translation although the speculation of XBox development hence being outsourced is already stretching it for me ;)

The thing is that we mods are constantly battling negativity and accusations and that is inevitably biasing us to interpreting stuff in that direction unless obviously and unambiguously not negative. Speculation towards negatives does not belong to the latter in this environment.

I agree with the forum needing to be a platform of cooperation, but again I find it disappointing that staff/mods are blamed for the current situation while when looking at the content posted, the mods aren't by far the biggest contributors to the negativity in this place. In my quoted posting I addressed the trend of speculating for negativity in general as that's what at least every 'where's patch x.x already?' thread is about, trying to lay blame somewhere. As said that remark wasn't addressed particularly to you. It was already said by a dev that also SMS was waiting on MS for news on patch 3.0 approval, yet posting after posting the negativity and speculation continues. Mods are ordinary people, too, so bound to lose their patience with that in their limited free time that they're spending on moderating this forum.

Yes we need a new start, if possible. A start of accepting the current state of affairs and accepting that SMS is doing everything they can to improve on it, for a long time to come. That fact should be the base of everything posted from now on, which is a positive attitude. If that would be taken up by everyone, forum members and mods alike, this forum would improve drastically, quickly. I know I'm going to try, as long as I'm still fresh having just returned from my holidays... :)

Can't argue with that.Think we all need to take a breather,including me.

Invincible
25-08-2015, 19:57
I would love to see some official comments. But if those can't have any real news because there are no news yet or they're under Nda, it would not change the situation if the devs would repeat that they don't have anything new to say every day. Users would still be fed up with the fact that there is nothing new to tell them.
To me this is like standing in a traffic jam. I aalready hate being in it, but I can cope with it as long as I know what caused the jam. Not knowing anything and just standing there takes my rage to a whole different level.

Sankyo
25-08-2015, 20:09
OK, then tell us THAT at least. :)
I just did :p
Mind you, that's not something official, just a sorta logical conclusion from my point of view. We mods by far don't know everything, either. And sometimes we know things, but cannot tell. But not very often. Or we cannot tell you that we know things. Maybe even we cannot tell that we know things.

It's complicated.

Fair enough. I know you're in a tough spot. I'm a mod too on a couple of different forums and I know from experience what a thankless task it is. And the pay sucks. It can stress you out and this is a particularly bad situation because you guys are caught between a rock and a hard place. So I'll try to be less of a rock. (I don't think I've been impolite to a mod but if I have, I apologize.) But please try to see it from our perspective too. We already feel like red-headed step-children. Having to wait an additional 2 weeks makes that worse and not hearing any official word (except that there is no official word) just piles on the frustration for us.
You have to believe me that we mods (and probably staff as well, but that's just 28.23% speculation) share a lot of the frustration of not knowing what's going on. We know it's not fun. But perhaps the mods here have been through the pCARS dev process long enough the past years to trust SMS that if something isn't told, it's very probably not known to the devs either. SMS isn't evil. They're not even typical game devs (or publishers, ew), they're as open as can be. Not perfect, but a lot better than what's typical out there.

Accusations and conspiracies just don't do justice at all to what SMS is trying to build up here. This is still a big learning experience for everyone, intended to create something awesome.

And to make some money, okay.

But they're really trying to make this work in the long run, I hope that people still recognize this and are willing to give some credit. We mods have been in this with SMS a lot longer, so that's why we're involuntarily taking sides most of the time. Just to show that nobody is getting scammed and SMS doesn't deserve the negativity.

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 20:27
I know that SMS are motivated to straighten this mess out and no I don't think they're evil. You have faith in them. That's wonderful! Give us a reason to also place our faith in them. We want more than anything to believe that these problems will be resolved but some of us are starting to wonder if SMS have bitten off more than they can chew. It's wrong to level accusations and invent ridiculous conspiracy theories but that's what's going to happen in the absence of information. This was exactly the wrong time for them to clam up.

I will certainly be abundant in my praise when and where it's due. However I also feel that SMS do deserve some of the negativity they've received. Maybe they got more than their share but they had to know it was coming to release the software in this state. And if they didn't understand what state the game was in, then that's even worse.

John Hargreaves
25-08-2015, 20:31
Dialog has been postponed until after the holidays :) So until then... Talk about food. Or sex.... Any vegetable lovers out there? :)

Wrong, in so many ways :rolleyes:

Raven403
25-08-2015, 20:40

Yes we need a new start, if possible. A start of accepting the current state of affairs and accepting that SMS is doing everything they can to improve on it, for a long time to come. That fact should be the base of everything posted from now on, which is a positive attitude. If that would be taken up by everyone, forum members and mods alike, this forum would improve drastically, quickly. I know I'm going to try, as long as I'm still fresh having just returned from my holidays...

I don't put all the BLAME on Mods and Devs. But I think the users and Mods/Devs share that blame. I think the sane users here, the ones in this thread and elsewhere that can have a dialog know that. Can we both get heated and can we both exaggerate our side? Sure I can admit as much, but Like I said in the other thread, if No one takes a higher road it continues in a circle.

Ok I admit my wording could've been better, for that I apologize, it was not my intention to start a conspiracy theory or mass panic, just stating observations I had made. But I take it for what it is.

This was exactly the wrong time for them to clam up.

This, It really was the absolute worst time in my opinion to shut down all open dialog from the Dev camp. And like Schnizz said, people will populate their own heads with whatever pops in there without real information.

I understand the SMS guys are waiting just like us, but it would be nice to know they are just as frustrated as we are, because atleast for me, I don't think Ive ever felt that way.

But I too will tone down the rhetoric in the interest of improving the experience for everyone, because its what I want, and what I think most of us want in here

DECATUR PLAYA
25-08-2015, 20:59
It's nothing wrong with the forum it's this dialogue that makes the game better and the opinions of some will differ from others. I personally stay away from the flaming threads as it is the intention of theses threads to burn everything. What turns a flaming thread into a flame war is your response. If you don't respond the thread will die and disappear. If you respond you only fan the flames.

As far as xbox goes I'm having a blast and can only hope 3.0 brings this enjoyment to everyone. The silence on the threads only shows how strong the xbox community is when we get 3.0 and our DLC and ovals the forums will once again light up hopefully on a brighter note. Coming from a very bad nascar game on 360 the games problems are minor for me but for others maybe not so much but my experience with that game has given me tons of patience and a good understanding of what goes on with patches and so forth. I know it's hard to be patient but it will pay off in the end.

The mods are doing a good job of controlling things here so let them do what they do and we will keep it moving. Also there is tons of information already here a lot of which doesn't need repeating if everyone learns how use the search function. There is info on every track and car in the game along with settings info and setup info so until we get new stuff it's really not a lot to be said.

New stuff new dialogue. This forum is like a marriage and for anybody here who is married you know it isn't always pretty. There are fights and disagreements but in the end you try to work it out and stay together. I wish my wife and I had a moderator some days.

OverHaased
25-08-2015, 22:22
This is my own fault for even thinking that something that could be disassembled, re coded and released in a couple days out here in California would be rapidly solved in Jolly old England. I am quite spoiled living next door to the silicon valley.

You can't swing a cat out here without hitting a software engineer.

It is no longer about me being patient, hell I have no expectations what so ever that this game shall ever be the game I was sold. Like most things that we grow fond of in life, the idiosyncrasies, faults and quirkiness only give this title character. With the right sense of humor I find myself laughing out loud at the things this game unexpectedly delivers. Nothing like braking for the top of Spa and be passed by a BMW M3 GT3 car upside down and then chase said inverted car around for two laps. Or line up for a MP race at Sonoma and have a new competitors car fall from the sky, bounce around like a pin ball finally settling facing backwards right in front of my car. If you don't start laughing at this, you might just go get that AR 15 in the gun safe and head out to adjust some karma....

Such a silly little game this is, all full of promise and hope. Born from an ambitious thesis based on fairy tales and miracles. I am a better person for experiencing it. I have learned empathy and compassion for the mentally challenged.

diesel97
25-08-2015, 22:30
This is my own fault for even thinking that something that could be disassembled, re coded and released in a couple days out here in California would be rapidly solved in Jolly old England. I am quite spoiled living next door to the silicon valley.

You can't swing a cat out here without hitting a software engineer.

It is no longer about me being patient, hell I have no expectations what so ever that this game shall ever be the game I was sold. Like most things that we grow fond of in life, the idiosyncrasies, faults and quirkiness only give this title character. With the right sense of humor I find myself laughing out loud at the things this game unexpectedly delivers. Nothing like braking for the top of Spa and be passed by a BMW M3 GT3 car upside down and then chase said inverted car around for two laps. Or line up for a MP race at Sonoma and have a new competitors car fall from the sky, bounce around like a pin ball finally settling facing backwards right in front of my car. If you don't start laughing at this, you might just go get that AR 15 in the gun safe and head out to adjust some karma....

Such a silly little game this is, all full of promise and hope. Born from an ambitious thesis based on fairy tales and miracles. I am a better person for experiencing it. I have learned empathy and compassion for the mentally challenged.

Somebody has their weed card :cool:

OverHaased
25-08-2015, 22:38
Somebody has their weed card :cool:

I am 56 years old, I can't handle modern weed. It is way too strong for me.

diesel97
25-08-2015, 22:47
I am 56 years old, I can't handle modern weed. It is way too strong for me.

I understand that ,46 years old and cant handle anything anymore

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 22:48
Buncha lightweights up in here.

aleph99
25-08-2015, 23:15
The way I see it, there are two separate – but interlocked – issues here. The first is the game itself, which had more issues than its fair share at launch time and seems to be developing new ones with each patch. Some people are enjoying it hugely, others – myself included – were put off by different problems but are still visiting here because they have not lost hope. (People who lose hope simply give it up; this may sound corny, but the opposite of love is indifference, not hatred.) Anyway, as PCars is a closed system that doesn't allow the fix-it-yourself approach, it is up to the developers to fix it and I'm guessing they are working hard to do just that. Ultimately, there is nothing we can do about the whole business other than wait patiently or rant & rave.

The second issue, which we can definitely do something about, is communication. This forum is a textbook example of how not to communicate with your customers. Since Customer Support and manuals unfortunately are things of the past, this happens to be the only open channel of communication left for all kinds of interactions, both between users and SMS and among users. I would divide them roughly into three main areas: troubleshooting & information, sharing, and venting. The problem is that all three are mixed in a huge unfocused mess, to the point that there is seldom one that does not turn at some point into something else – until it is stopped in its tracks by the dreaded "Thread closed" message.

I will give you a personal example. You can see on the left that I have forty-something postings here. Practically all of them had to do with a single issue: difficulty to tune FFB to my liking. I won't go into details here, but in this process I got dozens of hints and suggestions from other users but never – again, NEVER –a technical response from SMS. Too much noise, very little hard information. This was a typical Customer Support case and should have been dealt with accordingly. Saying that "there are tons of information here" is the same as a doctor sending a patient who seeks him with a specific symptom to look it up in the medical library.

So, how can we fix this communication breakdown? Simply by organizing chaos. Different needs must be channeled to different venues. Technical requests must be answered by technical people (possibly even filtering or outright blocking comments from other users, as helpful as they may be; to get user input, one should go to the user discussion area) or left in a queue of unanswered posts until someone bothers to reply. The same about information requests ("When is the new patch due? What is the August car?"), which should be responded to with actual information and not left open to speculation. Again: if there is no information at the moment, say just that, but don't leave it unanswered. Lack of information breeds paranoia. Finally, user interactions in general should be left to a third free-for-all area where the moderators could intervene to avoid unruly behavior but, other than that, should leave alone. A moderator, by definition, is not a bouncer, but someone who stands neutral between the parties involved in the debate.

As an example regarding my specific case, I posted a while ago that in the Assetto Corsa forum there is a section called "Assetto Corsa Wheel & Controller Settings List" containing a list of links under the heading "Threads about specific wheels/controllers and their associated settings" - neat and to the point. That in itself could have avoided dozens of posts from me, with hundreds of comments, and the same for hundreds of other users (with all the friction involved). Should something like that be done here with different issues ("Graphical Issues", "Multiplayer Issues", etc.), I am sure that would eliminate 90% of the aimless and ultimately self-defeating blabber. In short: please organize the flow! Either that, or you should set up different forums for interaction and for problem-solving. I think it is worth trying.

[As an afterthought: Should such an approach be adopted to avoid the infinitely-branching-thread syndrome, there could even be a "Me Too" polling feature to give developers a rough indication of which issues are more pressing and which can be left in the backburner. As it stands now, I doubt anyone has a clear view of the whole picture.]

Dynomight Motorsports
25-08-2015, 23:43
Codemaster's lost a lot of people from Grid Autosport by taking too long to release a patch for a Game Breaking Bug that erased all your in-game progress and online career. That place was almost a Ghost Town when they finally released the patch, and a few came back for the most part everyone migrated somewhere else, probably FM5.

widcard
26-08-2015, 00:04
I'm still here guys' you haven't lost me yet, It's in my nature to be eternally optimistic, it's a life long trait I inherited from my family.

And I will be with project cars until SMS proves to me I need to put it behind me, I'm not there yet, and for the ones that stayed the course'... maybe someday we can have a giggle at the ones that turned their backs on us.....my hope is we finally meet up on multiplayer and joke and laugh about...well' whatever we want!

OverHaased
26-08-2015, 00:11
I'm still here guys' you haven't lost me yet, It's in my nature to be eternally optimistic, it's a life long trait I inherited from my family.

And I will be with project cars until SMS proves to me I need to put it behind me, I'm not there yet, and for the ones that stayed the course'... maybe someday we can have a giggle at the ones that turned their backs on us.....my hope is we finally meet up on multiplayer and joke and laugh about...well' whatever we want!

Well you will probably have to do that by skype, MP chat ain't ever going to work on xbone

widcard
26-08-2015, 00:39
Well you will probably have to do that by skype, MP chat ain't ever going to work on xbone

So you keep a crystal ball in your back pocket?

OverHaased
26-08-2015, 00:41
So you keep a crystal ball in your back pocket?

It ain't crystal and that is my front pocket.

Schnizz58
26-08-2015, 00:45
Aw...I thought you were just happy to see me.

widcard
26-08-2015, 02:35
It ain't crystal and that is my front pocket.

OverHaased' always the good sport. that's my bro!

JA96
26-08-2015, 02:37
The last patch for Project Cars on Xbox One (2.0) deleted all my career data :/ had to start all over again and can't be bothered going through it all again

widcard
26-08-2015, 02:39
The last patch for Project Cars on Xbox One (2.0) deleted all my career data :/ had to start all over again and can't be bothered going through it all again

Here's the game, you want a cookie?

Plato99
26-08-2015, 07:35
Codemaster's lost a lot of people from Grid Autosport by taking too long to release a patch for a Game Breaking Bug that erased all your in-game progress and online career. That place was almost a Ghost Town when they finally released the patch, and a few came back for the most part everyone migrated somewhere else, probably FM5.
I used my copy of Grid Autosport as part trade in against our Xbox One! In anticipation of the November release of PCars!!

Ixoye56
26-08-2015, 08:38
It's a good time to take a new start when F6 is released, then it will hopefully calm down and we will see more serious posts here on the forum, I look forward to that more than Patch 3.0, I just wish F6 was playable on the PS4, then it would be like heaven here :angel:

NeonFlux
26-08-2015, 08:42

Not to mention the xbox bug where the game froze every half hour during online play.... it took them two months to fix it lol

BMWE87
26-08-2015, 08:53
It's a good time to take a new start when F6 is released, then it will hopefully calm down and we will see more serious posts here on the forum, I look forward to that more than Patch 3.0, I just wish F6 was playable on the PS4, then it would be like heaven here :angel:

Aren't you guys getting GT7 soon?

MissionBULLITT
27-08-2015, 17:23
Aren't you guys getting GT7 soon?

Was this sarcasm? If so :applause:

Mr Akina
27-08-2015, 19:06
4 months down the road, I expected the game to be in a better state rather than the band-aid patches currently trying to keep the Titanic afloat. I know FM6 will be a let down, but doesn't make promises it can't keep.

Bigsteviet
27-08-2015, 19:43
Sorry guys, it's too late for a new start.

I really *really* wanted PCars to win.

But it's even more bugged than every game they've releases so far (eg: Shift Unleashed 2).

As a studio, they aim high, believe in themselves even higher and deliver far below both. It's such a shame.

They've had the last of my pocket money...

inthebagbud
28-08-2015, 10:56
I know that we will be all focused on other things , as I believe the patch may be out!

So a thank you for everybody that gave input to this thread and let's hope that the comments/thoughts posted here and in other recent threads, like the "wait" thread are taken onboard by everybody.

Together with a posotive attitude we can all enjoy the game and make it into the GREAT game that it has the potential to be

Cheers

julesdennis
28-08-2015, 11:29
I know that we will be all focused on other things , as I believe the patch may be out!

So a thank you for everybody that gave input to this thread and let's hope that the comments/thoughts posted here and in other recent threads, like the "wait" thread are taken onboard by everybody.

Together with a posotive attitude we can all enjoy the game and make it into the GREAT game that it has the potential to be

Cheers

Actually we do not have to make it anything.Developers have to make and sell a GREAT game.
And from what I see over the Xone posts after 3.0 patch it does not look good.

Raven403
28-08-2015, 11:33
Actually we do not have to make it anything.Developers have to make and sell a GREAT game.
And from what I see over the Xone posts after 3.0 patch it does not look good.

Your right, but the situation is what it is. So one can choose to make it what they want to make it. And making it as enjoyable an experience as possible, for people that want to enjoy the game is pretty much what the thread was about. (correct me if im wrong Op)

I understand the sentiment but why continue to be abrasive and unhelpful, Most of us want the game to work well and want to enjoy what we have been looking forward to and everything else, everyone who doesnt want that can jump to FM6 or something, I for one dont really care where they go. There have been and will continue to be Bugs and issues, Im sure, it happens, continually harping on it wont fix them either. So what other option is there I wonder. If that means theres only a few hundred of us left here all being constructive and enjoying the game so be it. The game is worth my time, and I enjoy it very much and know the potential it still offers, so thats why people who are of that same mind want to sort of Re-Boot the relationship and communication we have with Mods and Devs.

RoccoTTS
28-08-2015, 11:46
Your right, but the situation is what it is. So one can choose to make it what they want to make it. And making it as enjoyable an experience as possible, for people that want to enjoy the game is pretty much what the thread was about. (correct me if im wrong Op)

I understand the sentiment but why continue to be abrasive and unhelpful, Most of us want the game to work well and want to enjoy what we have been looking forward to and everything else, everyone who doesnt want that can jump to FM6 or something, I for one dont really care where they go. There have been and will continue to be Bugs and issues, Im sure, it happens, continually harping on it wont fix them either. So what other option is there I wonder. If that means theres only a few hundred of us left here all being constructive and enjoying the game so be it. The game is worth my time, and I enjoy it very much and know the potential it still offers, so thats why people who are of that same mind want to sort of Re-Boot the relationship and communication we have with Mods and Devs.

Agreed !
And for me the patch 3.0 does look good, it doesn't solve everything but the list of problems is getting much shorter !

julesdennis
28-08-2015, 11:55

In theory I am 100% with you.
OP wrote :
"And yes we can be negative and critical, but at present if feels like we need a marriage counselor sat between us to get along and it is depressing and I hope that SMS deliver to the xbox what we want in patch 3 and 4, so we can have a new start and kiss and make up."

Yes,we all want this game to get to the level it can be.
People (most of them) do not complain because the developers dont try to fix things.It is mainly because they fix one problem and 2 new ones seems to appear from nowhere.
As you said the situation is what it is.Us,customers I mean,cannot change a single thing.Only the developers can (for better or worse).
I,for example like you,want this game to work well and enjoy it.It is not in my hands.And I cant jump to another game (until 2016 that is).Plus I've already spend my money in Pcars so I want the game to work as it is supposed to.
I have patience.I'll wait because up until now is the best racing game I've played (overall).But in the same time I can write my opinion,cant I?
I mostly play online in a closed championship(s).
Last time we had 5 disconections (in the same time) and 3 landminds (2 of them in the same time) in one single race(after 3.0 patch,in the same lobby).Should I say "Ok,everything is fine" or something like "We had so much fun" when 60% of the lobby had problems?

Raven403
28-08-2015, 12:03
In theory I am 100% with you.
OP wrote :
"And yes we can be negative and critical, but at present if feels like we need a marriage counselor sat between us to get along and it is depressing and I hope that SMS deliver to the xbox what we want in patch 3 and 4, so we can have a new start and kiss and make up."

Yes,we all want this game to get to the level it can be.
People (most of them) do not complain because the developers dont try to fix things.It is mainly because they fix one problem and 2 new ones seems to appear from nowhere.
As you said the situation is what it is.Us,customers I mean,cannot change a single thing.Only the developers can (for better or worse).
I,for example like you,want this game to work well and enjoy it.It is not in my hands.And I cant jump to another game (until 2016 that is).Plus I've already spend my money in Pcars so I want the game to work as it is supposed to.
I have patience.I'll wait because up until now is the best racing game I've played (overall).But in the same time I can write my opinion,cant I?
I mostly play online in a closed championship(s).
Last time we had 5 disconections (in the same time) and 3 landminds (2 of them in the same time) in one single race(after 3.0 patch,in the same lobby).Should I say "Ok,everything is fine" or something like "We had so much fun" when 60% of the lobby had problems?

No, by all means voice your concerns, your issues or bugs, whatever they may be. I just responded to your other post which didn't say all of what you just said.

I don't look at pcars with rose colored glasses, trust me, I'm just as frustrated as the next guy, but Its only a game, and while the frustration gets the best of me sometimes, I do still want things to continue to improve. As you said you do as well. I think the point was to just make sure even when noting bugs or issues we all do so in a non confrontational manner. Something I didnt always do I'm the first to admit. I'm a NYer after all get off my back lol

Either way none of my post was DIRECTED at you or telling you not to say anything negative, just a response to what you said is all

inthebagbud
28-08-2015, 12:47

Whilst I agree that SMS have made some errors in the game release, i do not believe that this was intentional and i am sure they are as agreived at that as we the users are.

My purpose in starting this post was to try and bring some balance back into what had descended in to a slanging match, one in which even if sms got fully involved they would have no chance of winning.

At the beginng they tried to win that match and that hasn't helped the situation as they and others became too defensive about the game which rightly brassed people off who had issues. Slowly over time I believe SMS have come to realise that hence why they seem to have taken a step back.

This approach again has upset a lot of people as they see this as a sign of inaction.

Two sides to each view and hopefully things will improve.

If I am wrong in my posotive view on life and are let down by sms then I will move on but I am prepared to try and work at it

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 12:51
Agreed !
And for me the patch 3.0 does look good, it doesn't solve everything but the list of problems is getting much shorter !

Something looking good and and something working is two completely different things and just looking at the forums patch 3.0 is a shocker

inthebagbud
28-08-2015, 12:59
Something looking good and and something working is two completely different things and just looking at the forums patch 3.0 is a shocker

Having looked at the forum I am not sure how the verdict of shocker can yet be considered even remotely accurate.

And statements like that go to the heart of my OP

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 13:01

Why is it a shocker?

inthebagbud
28-08-2015, 13:08
Guys before we start with shocker / no shocker debate there are plenty of other places for that , lets keep to the spirit of the OP

RoccoTTS
28-08-2015, 13:46
Guys before we start with shocker / no shocker debate there are plenty of other places for that , lets keep to the spirit of the OP

Agreed, that's why i'm not going to answer those kind of posts in this thread.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 13:47

PM Me or link me to the thread where you've said it. I'd like to read it :).

RoccoTTS
28-08-2015, 13:53
PM Me or link me to the thread where you've said it. I'd like to read it :).

I didn't answer his question at all, not in any thread.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 14:10
I didn't answer his question at all, not in any thread.

Well, you said:

So, I assumed you answered it elsewhere.

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 14:44
Why is it a shocker?

The bloke i responded to said the patch looks good, i was saying something looking good to actually working are two different things. My shocker comment is due to the issues of things being padlocked which are being reported and also the save game issue which are being reported.

Bigsteviet
31-08-2015, 18:19
Whilst I agree that SMS have made some errors in the game release, i do not believe that this was intentional and i am sure they are as agreived at that as we the users are.

They're probably not, tbh. I'm sure it's been stressful and they've had to deal with a lot of haters, but they've still sold a lot of copies and put money in the bank.

Just speaking for myself, I'm down 50 for the game AND 300 for a wheel to get the most out of it. I could have put that money into other pastimes, but I chose - Yes, I know I chose - to hope that PCars would fulfil its promise. It hasn't and I can't see it ever doing so. I don't earn a lot of money and now regret following my heart instead of my head.

Anybody want to buy a lightly used TX???

Megalomanic87
31-08-2015, 18:45
Maybe the lobbies online won't be so laggy for Xbox 1 soon.
Forza 6 will come out and a lot of people will jump over to race without these bugs.

Might be able to race lag free then...

inthebagbud
31-08-2015, 20:27
They're probably not, tbh. I'm sure it's been stressful and they've had to deal with a lot of haters, but they've still sold a lot of copies and put money in the bank.

Just speaking for myself, I'm down 50 for the game AND 300 for a wheel to get the most out of it. I could have put that money into other pastimes, but I chose - Yes, I know I chose - to hope that PCars would fulfil its promise. It hasn't and I can't see it ever doing so. I don't earn a lot of money and now regret following my heart instead of my head.

Anybody want to buy a lightly used TX???

I do hope that sms can fix the issues so you can enjoy the investment you have made. All my gear listed below was bought just for the game and I sure as hell don't want to see it, like you, gathering dust.

I make no apologies for the issues in the game I just hope it gets sorted but I am sure the journey so far has left a sour taste with a whole load of fans and it will be hard for sms to get them back