PDA

View Full Version : Wet tires overheating

Lagoa
25-08-2015, 19:23
Seriously, just what pressure should I set up to finish this race without overheating the tires.

LMP3 Semi Pro season, Round 2, Race 1 (Snetterton 300) with the Caterham Sp300.
Race starts in a fog and after 2 laps 'Fog with rain', so I pit and change to rain tires, but they overheat in allready 1 lap..

Can someone tell me what pressure would be good? I've tried a bunch, seems that the highest pressure (2.00 bar for this car) takes the longest for overheating them. But still they overheat. Or am I missing something?

Schnizz58
25-08-2015, 19:26
I believe it's a known issue.

Dynomight Motorsports
25-08-2015, 22:11
It's a shitty issue. Of course my tires always turn red after pitting, no matter what compound I use. Of course I have no idea what tire pressures the Amateur-rated crew has slapped on there after they are done fumbling with their nuts.

Lagoa
25-08-2015, 22:28
It's a shitty issue. Of course my tires always turn red after pitting, no matter what compound I use. Of course I have no idea what tire pressures the Amateur-rated crew has slapped on there after they are done fumbling with their nuts.

I had this issue once.. But the wet tires thing is a diff issue.

GRTfast
26-08-2015, 03:11
For light rain you need intermediates almost fully pumped up. Then they still might overheat.

Lagoa
26-08-2015, 09:37
For light rain you need intermediates almost fully pumped up. Then they still might overheat.

LMP3 has no intermediates.:P

KkDrummer
26-08-2015, 10:04
Isn;t 3.0 meant to fix this?

Lagoa
26-08-2015, 10:31
I don't know. If everything would be working the way it should, then what pressure should be good? the same you run on the slicks?

Lagoa
26-08-2015, 12:31
No1 from SMS, or somebody who knows something more?

Atleast I gave a decent statement and explanation of my issue. I can't finish this race. So this is just a bug?? SMS?
They really do seem to only respond if you talk sh*t about the game.

Bealdor
26-08-2015, 12:35
Please try a quick race and start with rain tires in fog with rain conditions.
If they're still overheating, it's a tire issue and we'll forward it to the devs. If not, you're experiencing a pit bug that'll be fixed for you with patch 3.0.

Lagoa
26-08-2015, 12:49
Please try a quick race and start with rain tires in fog with rain conditions.
If they're still overheating, it's a tire issue and we'll forward it to the devs. If not, you're experiencing a pit bug that'll be fixed for you with patch 3.0.

I did a repro in free practice, was exact the same issue. So this will not be fixed in 3.0? Because if not, i'll just skip that one race and play further tonight, instead of waiting on 3.0.

Edit: the famous pit stop bug, I only had this one time. So it def not that.

Lagoa
26-08-2015, 13:29
@Bealdor?

Bealdor
26-08-2015, 14:00
I see no patch notes for the LMP3 wet tires so it probably won't be fixed if it's a tire issue.

Are the tires still overheating in heavier rain conditions?

Lagoa
26-08-2015, 14:18
I see no patch notes for the LMP3 wet tires so it probably won't be fixed if it's a tire issue.

Are the tires still overheating in heavier rain conditions?

Yes, unfortunately they are.. I'll just skip this one race. I thought maybe 3.0 would make ALL wet tires less sensitive..

Bealdor
26-08-2015, 14:23
Notified devs.

BMWE87
27-08-2015, 08:01
I had this last night. Wet race. Tyres overheated within a lap and didn't ever cool down. Went into the pits to get new ones and they were still red hot.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-08-2015, 22:10
I had red rain tyres the other day, I switched to the inter's and they were ok. I assumed there wasn't enough water to keep them cool.

Lagoa
29-08-2015, 11:59
This is def still an issue! Tested it out last night. Needs fixing.

Was just wondering if you race a track with slicks at a particular hour of the day with the same ambient temp. Second race it rains, you put on rain tires, should you normally just use the same pressures as the slicks?? Or whats the standard difference in pressures when going from slicks to rain tyres.

Doug914
29-08-2015, 12:17
More pressure for sure than slicks. Depends on the car and setup. But on this lmp3 probably around 2-3 lbs is normal.
I did test this scenario last night from the OP. With standard setup (no pressure chnage) Tire temps were fine. Dropping slightly from the pre warmed peak. I will admit though these cars need an intermediate compound, so i'll see if i can get that in.
fYI "fog with rain" is the same wetness as plain "rain".

Lagoa
29-08-2015, 12:24
More pressure for sure than slicks. Depends on the car and setup. But on this lmp3 probably around 2-3 lbs is normal.
I did test this scenario last night from the OP. With standard setup (no pressure chnage) Tire temps were fine. Dropping slightly from the pre warmed peak. I will admit though these cars need an intermediate compound, so i'll see if i can get that in.
fYI "fog with rain" is the same wetness as plain "rain".

Mmmh, well then it must be my setup.. As after 1 lap my tires are on fire, and I did raise rain tyres temp. What do you mean with 2-3 lbs??

bmanic
29-08-2015, 12:53
Are you driving with a controller? It is extremely easy to overdrive cars with a controller (that is, you turn the wheel way too much and cause unnecessary heat this way while actually lowering your grip).

Doug914
29-08-2015, 16:53
Mmmh, well then it must be my setup.. As after 1 lap my tires are on fire, and I did raise rain tyres temp. What do you mean with 2-3 lbs??

2-3 psi or .15 to .20 bar :)

Lagoa
29-08-2015, 16:59
No, I play with the tx wheel