PDA

View Full Version : A la carte DLC?

Gravit8
26-08-2015, 00:50
Not really interested in this months paid cars. But what if there were a spec race or something and I wanted just one for a specific purpose?
Ever think of an a la carte pricing structure?

Not really interested in paying additional $35-50 a year for a hand full if cars I have already driven in other games. Only thing that might drive a purchase would be an individual car for a likely, individual reason.

Could get some revenue from me where you would not before. For the right cars anyway.

Also. The inclusion of these slower cars seems pointless since all anyone drives online is gt3 or lmp, or a different race car? But street car lobbies non existent mostly.
Ever think of adding new events to drive interest in these cars? Like gran turismo has new events all the time? Without them. New cars seem pointless. Especially slow ones that will never show up in lobbies and don't have any content in game associated with them.
Just test drive them?

Angst1974
26-08-2015, 00:57
No, cheap enough as is

Sasquatch
26-08-2015, 01:01
Online public races usually are that, yes. There isn't anything you can do about because they're easier to drive... Since you say that, no one bothers with and or is terrified of Formula Rookie. Let alone the Formula Historics. People avoid these cars almost like a plague.

But really, the addition of the Mustang and the 2002 has definitely given life to Historic B class. I although - like many others - pretty much rest in solo created events. The RUF CTR will honestly challenge you and then mercilessly bite your head off as confidence ascends. I dare you to drive it with all weather tires and tell me you didn't have a blast.

Racer Pro
26-08-2015, 01:13
the dlc price is very good me i buy all project cars dlc , if you dont like it not buy it that it dude

Vit7
26-08-2015, 03:04
Not really interested in this months paid cars. But what if there were a spec race or something and I wanted just one for a specific purpose?
Ever think of an a la carte pricing structure?

What ??? i hope you are kidding. It is "a la carte" already. You pay for single car and have other five for free. Simply choose one you want to buy...

Cheesenium
26-08-2015, 04:49
At least for me, some slow cars in the game, like the Clio Cup, Road C1, GT4 are some of the best content in the game. There are quite a lot of players who play the game for single player too, not just multiplayer.

As they said, one man's meat is the other man's poison. Just bring on more content, I'll probably buy all of them.

MAARTEN
26-08-2015, 05:31
Agree with Cheesenium. I often drive road-cars in this game and really enjoy them. Hope there will be a lot more of them in upcoming DLC's :)

hitmanvega
26-08-2015, 07:04
To be honest, any DLC is a purchase for me...The more the better...!!:D

maurice-pascale
26-08-2015, 08:24
Well, when sometimes lamborghini or ferrari will join the game, i will first drive the ROAD versions of it and then the GT3......for me it goes about that " never can buy me those cars in my life" thing......
road cars are awesome, but just when it are supercars.....all other boring and slow cars are useless, because i also can drive them in real life.....that is one thing they should change....there are to much slow boring road cars

julesdennis
26-08-2015, 08:28
Ferrari and Lamb in Pcars?
Are you sure mate you are going to see any car of these brands in this game?
I think not.

maurice-pascale
26-08-2015, 08:38
With lamborghini is SMS in contact....so maybe in some month we will see lamborghini in the game.....

julesdennis
26-08-2015, 08:43
With lamborghini is SMS in contact....so maybe in some month we will see lamborghini in the game.....

Or we will see Lambo in Pcars 2 only.
Or in both games.Or the negotiations will fail and we will not see Lambo in either game.
I am not thinking what it might happen but what we know for a fact up until now.
Since there is no info about any new manufacturer added to Pcars,I think it is fair to say we will not have any until they say something different.

maurice-pascale
26-08-2015, 08:45
I just saw Ian bell posting "we are in contact with lamborghini etc. etc."....

julesdennis
26-08-2015, 08:56
I just saw Ian bell posting "we are in contact with lamborghini etc. etc."....

Everyone knows that mate.
That does not mean that they will actually make any kind of deal or that this is for Pcars 1.

Invincible
26-08-2015, 08:59
Everyone knows that mate.
That does not mean that they will actually make any kind of deal or that this is for Pcars 1.

If they wouldn't even plan to make it for pcars1, Ian would not have told it to people on the official forum, but on the Pcars2 WMD forum instead... just my 2 cents.

Neil Hopwood
26-08-2015, 09:03
If they wouldn't even plan to make it for pcars1, Ian would not have told it to people on the official forum, but on the Pcars2 WMD forum instead... just my 2 cents.

shush with your logic, it doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative being pushed around here recently.

julesdennis
26-08-2015, 09:15
shush with your logic, it doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative being pushed around here recently.

"Dood and gloom nerrative" because I just wait for official announcements and do not speculate what it might happen?
Really mate?

Neil Hopwood
26-08-2015, 09:26
"Dood and gloom nerrative" because I just wait for official announcements and do not speculate what it might happen?
Really mate?

you've been doing nothing but speculating all day.

How many posts have you made with the "No new manufactures in pCARS 1" statement that has no basis in fact.

julesdennis
26-08-2015, 09:42
you've been doing nothing but speculating all day.

How many posts have you made with the "No new manufactures in pCARS 1" statement that has no basis in fact.

The same number of posts you did saying "New manufacturers will come in pcars 1".
I am posting my personal opinion.Is this a bad thing mate?
I can stop posting it if you like.No problem at all.

Gravit8
26-08-2015, 21:21
At least for me, some slow cars in the game, like the Clio Cup, Road C1, GT4 are some of the best content in the game. There are quite a lot of players who play the game for single player too, not just multiplayer.

As they said, one man's meat is the other man's poison. Just bring on more content, I'll probably buy all of them.

The meats more like left overs. Been there done that. Tasted it before. Just a suggestion and my thoughts on what drives a purchase for me.
And to whoever said it is a la carte. And you get three cars free. Or whatever. Only the free car of the month is truly free IMO

LamboMantisMan23
27-08-2015, 01:39
Ferrari and Lamb in Pcars?
Are you sure mate you are going to see any car of these brands in this game?
I think not.

Not from SMS :p