PDA

View Full Version : While waiting for the One Patch to fix them all

bizmo
26-08-2015, 15:46
What are the best class/car/tracks to run while waiting for things to settle down across them all? I see GT3 mentioned a lot, and I agree, but I haven't found the patience to test much further.

Pink_650S
26-08-2015, 15:52
Apart from the GT3 and GT4 class, there are no real classes, and if so, they're mostly unbalanced.

So, l would go with GT4. A very nice class, in my opinion the best balanced one.

Dan77 DESTROYER
26-08-2015, 15:52
Have a go in the open wheel cars starting with the rookie and work your way up, good fun :)

Schnizz58
26-08-2015, 15:55
The McLaren GT3 is a lot of fun, especially with jimmyb's baseline tune on it. I like the BMW 320 turbo and the BMW M1 Procar too. The Clio is a blast once you tune out the wicked mid-corner oversteer it tends to have. The Ginetta G40 is slow but a good car to learn tracks with. I also like the Aston Vantage GT4 car.

For tracks, I really like Zolder, short but flows well from one corner to the next, some good elevation changes. That also applies to Laguna Seca. Spa is fast and challenging. I've also come to enjoy the classic British tracks like Oulton, Donington & Snetterton too. Bathurst is tough but fun and fast.

OpticalHercules
26-08-2015, 15:56
GT4 is very balanced, fun cars. GT3 cars are good as well. IMO the most fun class is Formula Gulf 1000, and Formula C in a very close second. F/A is rough if you jump straight into it, and F/B often gets me frustrated before ever really starting because of Blue tires on non-race sessions; You have to survive a few laps before you can really start driving them, though once warm they are quite fun.

LMP1 is a very unbalanced class, with the R18 being modeled from race specs 3 years old, the RWD/Marek both fun but way outclassing the R18, and the R18 ETron in a class of it's own, but still fun to drive in it's own right.

bizmo
26-08-2015, 15:58
I do go with rookie level mostly, just so I can take one or two undeserved wipeouts and still be in it

bc525
26-08-2015, 16:05
I'd agree with the GT3 class. Well balanced, with a number of good cars to choose from.

Beyond that I've been able to create some fun offline racing events with single car classes - like the Palmer Jaguar and the Ford Mustang Trans-Am. A couple of tracks that I've been using more and more have included Donington Park and Brno.

bobbylion
26-08-2015, 16:09
Clios, all day, everyday..

Pink_650S
26-08-2015, 16:27
Clios, all day, everyday..

Right? They are so fun to drive! :)
Would really like to see more of such 'low-powered' Cup and Touring Cars.

OpticalHercules
26-08-2015, 16:33
They are a lot of fun even stock tuned. Heel-Toe or braking while giving throttle helps a ton in controlling these cars. Haven't played them at all since my first career when I accepted that contract on accident, but I'm glad I did do the series at least that once.

Beltoon
26-08-2015, 16:51
Love the GT3 class. Used to race in the Z4 because it's a lot of fun and easy to drive. You can really throw it into a corner and go full throttle once you hit the apex. Love the RUF also, especially on tracks with sharp corners. It reacts perfect to quick adjustments. However, since a couple weeks my favorite GT3 car is het Merc SLS. It's heavy and feels quite slow but I've never driven this fast. Yesterday we were with quite a large group racing on Imola and my lap times were almost a second faster than anyone there. Our laptimes (during qualification) are usually very competitive but on some tracks the SLS is a monster. Formula C, Clio, Ginetta Junior are also a lot of fun to drive!

There are so many tracks I love... I never heard of Watkins Glen but it is my absolute favorite at the moment, I think I like the short version even more than the GP version. A couple tracks I also love, in random order: Monza Short, Laguna Seca, Imola, Donington Park, Brands Hatch, Catalunya National, Silverstone & Spa. There's only one tracks I find dreadful... Dubai.

OpticalHercules
26-08-2015, 16:53
There's only one tracks I find dreadful... Dubai.

To each, their own. I absolutely love the Dubai tracks, all of the variants from Karts to GP. My most hated track is Imola.

Markush1980
26-08-2015, 18:31
My most hated track is Monaco. I can't stand it. I don't even like watching f1 at Monaco!

Plato99
26-08-2015, 18:49
Ginetta juniors.
Donington Park National.
The sweet spot of this game.

Chunsey Wang
26-08-2015, 20:18
Just test a few different cars in race weekend and decide where to go from there,GT3 are definitely my personal favourite lots of great cars like the R8 and SLS which as mentioned above handles alot heavier than some cars but its got a lot of down force and a lot of torque is an awesome car once u get used to it,u won't even use 6th gear on some circuits as u would with most or all the other GT3 cars,I like all the cars in that class,

spa has to be my favourite track,just wish you could have 44 opponents ther and use the long pit lane through the endurance pits,instead of the short F1 pits

flymar
26-08-2015, 20:24
What are the best class/car/tracks to run while waiting for things to settle down across them all? I see GT3 mentioned a lot, and I agree, but I haven't found the patience to test much further.I got to say I'm bit fed up with GT3:) After some invitationals in career I'd suggest RUF RGT-8 @ Bathurst or Derby... overall this RUF is very cool car:) Or for a challenge - Ford MkIV @ Imola. Or for different experience Audi A1 Quattro @ Zolder or Ruapuna. Or Formula Gulf @ Sonoma:) All those combos are fun to drive.

KkDrummer
26-08-2015, 21:28
I've been doing lots of Formula C on 4x tire consumption at Brands Hatch at 80%...really good fun. AI is not that fast, but if you run 15 laps you gotta save tires and this deliveries some pretty exciting racing. Cannot wait for pits to be fixed after 3.0 to race in changeable weather conditions too!

Goods_1973
26-08-2015, 21:53
All the cars are fun!

bizmo
26-08-2015, 22:43
Did you funnel that Kool-Aid? Just kidding. I'm jealous that I can't feel the same. Most of the problems are probably in my thumbs/brain.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
27-08-2015, 02:52
To each, their own. I absolutely love the Dubai tracks, all of the variants from Karts to GP. My most hated track is Imola.

How do you hate imola? I love setting up going wide and cutting in dropping down the left hand turn. I think it's a good track. What do you not like about it?

OpticalHercules
27-08-2015, 03:43
How do you hate imola? I love setting up going wide and cutting in dropping down the left hand turn. I think it's a good track. What do you not like about it?

It's not that I think it's a bad track. I just dislike driving it. To me, the braking zones on that map are very unclear, and I always seem to either overshoot slow turns or overbrake fast ones. I have spent a few hours practicing that track for the few times I've run into it on career, but often I'll just give up and drop the race difficulty and duration to just scoot on by. It just does not "flow" to me. The only other track I would include in the category of "not flowing" is another track I'd expect people to be baffled that I don't like, and that's Brand's Hatch.

It's not that I haven't practiced those tracks. I have. I just cannot get a feel for them, whether I'm in F/G1000, GT4, GT3, LMP3 or LMP1. They just don't feel right to me.

Dynomight Motorsports
27-08-2015, 04:30
I hated Brands Hatch initially, but then I drove nearly 200 laps there. It's a challenging track and certainly not my favorite but I got my GT3 times down to a 1:24.5 during a race and it's quite fun. But any of the tracks can be difficult if you don't have a lot of time on them. And just like Brands, you can lose a ton of time if you take one corner wrong or enter in too wide, can make the difference of a whole second on your lap time. My favorite track so far is Oulton Park in a GT3 Z4. When you nail a good lap in there it's fun as hell. I also enjoyed my Ginetta Junior Career.

BMWE87
27-08-2015, 12:51
BMW M1 ProCar at Mount Panorama, Spa or Laguna Seca.

:love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:.

LMR ShOwTiMe875
27-08-2015, 15:48
It's not that I think it's a bad track. I just dislike driving it. To me, the braking zones on that map are very unclear, and I always seem to either overshoot slow turns or overbrake fast ones. I have spent a few hours practicing that track for the few times I've run into it on career, but often I'll just give up and drop the race difficulty and duration to just scoot on by. It just does not "flow" to me. The only other track I would include in the category of "not flowing" is another track I'd expect people to be baffled that I don't like, and that's Brand's Hatch.

It's not that I haven't practiced those tracks. I have. I just cannot get a feel for them, whether I'm in F/G1000, GT4, GT3, LMP3 or LMP1. They just don't feel right to me.

I agree on brands hatch, it doesn't feel right.

AdM1
27-08-2015, 16:06
At first I hated Azure Coast but love it now, great fun in some of the road and open wheel cars.

OpticalHercules
27-08-2015, 16:12
At first I hated Azure Coast but love it now, great fun in some of the road and open wheel cars.

Both Azure Coast and Azure Circuit/Monaco are a blast on F/G1000 or F/C. Tons of fun. They get a little tedious on the f/B or F/A