PDA

View Full Version : To all simracing communities/websites... PLEASE READ!

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 16:19
This is a plea to all simracing community owners to add myself VR-Mustard to your friends list and let's arrange to all meet up over a private chat..

Reason's - I personally don't want to see this game fail and at the moment i feel that if we could get a few websites together and put some universal rules in place and run a proper driver development programme, then there's more than enough people out there for all of us and more importantly introduce more non simracers out there into these organised structures..

We all want the same thing guys n gals.. We need to be more universal. You see the future of VRroom lies with ESports (this is and should be your main focus for any serious simracer out there) and i personally think once the development team have cracked all the main bugs on this game then this game or the next will have the simracing top spot on the ESports calendar.

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 16:43
Deleted!

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 16:49
PlayStation 4 only and the website is Vrroom.org

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 17:24
I really am putting an arm out guys.. I have 5y experience in running a very solid community and what I'm proposing is this driver development programme to be rolled out on all websites. Let's get more people involved in sim racing!

RobMUFC1987
26-08-2015, 18:50
But only if they have a wheel...

Aizcold
26-08-2015, 19:47
I have just the song this thread needs! :D

http://youtu.be/W5FfJ89rGPc

I also could not agree more with RobMUFC1987. If you want to get more people involved, you'll need to include controller users as well. They are people too :D

Zenzic
26-08-2015, 19:56
Seriously, Mustard. You start a topic, deface it yourself by quadruple posting, imply once again that the masses need to be educated by you and finish it off by pouring over your special VRroom sauce. Something tells me you'll expect other communities to join yours rather than the other way around. Honestly, if all these communities ever manage to join forces - and it's not that we don't want to, it's just a hell of a lot of work - then I'm not sure you'll be invited... :D

Oh, and to keep this reply in the same genre of the one above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

Sasquatch
26-08-2015, 20:01
I like the idea here, but i'm also not really sure what's going on or really why? Majority of people like easy and fun - like Forza where they can express themselves, fiddle with things, not a serious simracing experience at all.... rather than the immense focus and concentration of simracing.

If they're dedicated, they will come kind of thing.

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:01
I never mentioned excluding pads.. What you do on your site is up to you.

I can see this is yet another waste of time .. 4y ago i tried to do the same thing (bring all the real sites together but it was the same back then) now where are they? Oh that's right back under a new banner. Forget about it and ill see you at the finish line..

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:13
And i never mentioned anything about merging???

Mr.Smoke
26-08-2015, 20:28
Maybe not in this thread specifically, but you have certainly approached other leagues with a proposal of them merging into your league & operating under your banner. Not to mention other "issues" which have presented themselves.

I like your aspirations here, but your method and approach is a total fail IMO.

Rodgerzzz
26-08-2015, 20:32
Why should we looking at rolling out a driver development program and why should we be aiming at competing in esports? A lot of of us play the game for relaxation, distraction or just for some good old fashioned fun. We all have rules on the track, yes they all differ slightly but the core principles are the same. There's no need to roll out a universal set of rules or start creating driver development programs for sets of players who are using the game for enjoyment and good racing with friends.

Not every group is here to be ultra serious and aiming for esports just because we play a game that's labelled a sim. I dont play Football Manager, win a few trophies and start applying for the Sunderland job when it inevitably comes up. Thats why different sites exist to cater for al types of personalities. That goes for all the sites that host events on this game, everyone of them will have their own view on it and you can't try and impose your own ideals over that.

I stumbled across your stream the other day and watched for five minutes whilst you called us all narrow minded dick heads and how we're script kiddies with no idea what we're doing, spoke volumes... especially as the title of the stream was "Project CARS masterclass"... oh dear.

I'm a considered, open minded type of guy, I'd quite happily talk to anyone about ideas of how to improve mine and other people's gaming experience. Just don't tell me what I should or shouldn't be looking at aiming for or what development programs I should or shouldn't be implementing...

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:33
It's got nothing to do with merging

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:36
I was speaking about the di#k heads who attacked my website and if that was you then we'll done.

Mr.Smoke
26-08-2015, 20:39
I wonder what prompted that.....

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:39
Mods.. You may aswel close down this thread.. It does seem that all the other serious simracers are indeed on the pc.

Rodgerzzz
26-08-2015, 20:40
I have no idea who attacked your website... You have also spelt "well" incorrectly.

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:43
The driver development programme is designed to improve driving standards throughout

VR-Mustard
26-08-2015, 20:46
Rodger.. Your a very boring man in the real world aren't you

Mr.Smoke
26-08-2015, 20:47
Rodger.. Your a very boring man in the real world aren't you

He seems quite entertaining to me.

Bealdor
26-08-2015, 20:47
Well, this one didn't turn out too well unfortunately.

Closing this before it's getting ugly.