PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED Post #23] season pass?

BCFCBristolRed
26-08-2015, 19:43
Hey guys and gals. So after playing pCars today I went into games and apps to play something else when I noticed I had 3 items in my queue..... I know the modified pack has had issues but I also noticed the season pass..... I am extremely confused as I haven't purchased nor do I believe such a thing is available. 216264

STEELJOCKEY
26-08-2015, 21:29
I noticed there have been quite a few problems with the modified car pack, seems like I need to re download it every second day. Last night had to delete it and then reinstall, and also reinstall limited edition DLC. But the season pass must be new as it wasn't there last night.

KkDrummer
26-08-2015, 21:32
season pass? as far as I know PCars will only offer 'on demand' dlc...weird...

jason
26-08-2015, 21:34
That is weird ....Maybe they have changed there mind set ? need cash now lets do a season pass :)

MXR SMILER
26-08-2015, 21:36
Whats the clipboard about ? Future feature ?

Robert Dibley
26-08-2015, 21:53
Sounds like something has gone wrong - I am sure there is not meant to be a season pass (one was discussed but was rejected as something which people wouldn't want, because they would feel like they were paying for things that aren't even definitely specced out yet)

jason
26-08-2015, 22:00
Sounds like something has gone wrong - I am sure there is not meant to be a season pass (one was discussed but was rejected as something which people wouldn't want, because they would feel like they were paying for things that aren't even definitely specced out yet)

that's a fair call .

BCFCBristolRed
26-08-2015, 22:07

Having gone into the game hub after all had reinstalled, there is no sign of a season pass being installed. Very strange indeed. :/

STEELJOCKEY
26-08-2015, 22:32
Maybe be M$ meant to push the button to release patch 3.0 and hit the wrong one?

jason
26-08-2015, 22:34
Maybe be M$ meant to push the button to release patch 3.0 and hit the wrong one?

rofl.

STEELJOCKEY
26-08-2015, 22:35
;)..

Psychomatrix
27-08-2015, 01:43
Maybe sms give us xbox user the season pass for our patience :)

But so far the modified pack shows by me installation stoped too...thats the first time. I have issues before with it but never shows that. It's really unbelievable.

STEELJOCKEY
27-08-2015, 07:25
Uninstall and reinstall, only way to fix the stopped download

Psychomatrix
27-08-2015, 09:17
I have uninstall the game 2 times to fix that issue. It doesn't help.

KkDrummer
27-08-2015, 09:21
I did a search for a 'season pass' on Xbox game store, but no results...I guess that pops up when downloading the modified car pack?

BCFCBristolRed
27-08-2015, 09:29
I did a search for a 'season pass' on Xbox game store, but no results...I guess that pops up when downloading the modified car pack?

I have no idea. I searched for it after too and found nothing. To be honest I've only had the modified car pack issue once and that was ages ago. Usually it all works fine for me so I was surprised to see the other pack in there too. I will put it on again later when I'm home and see what happens.

Schnizz58
27-08-2015, 14:22
I had a Project CARS Pre-order in my queue last night. *shrug*

TNTNitro
27-08-2015, 14:39
Today the same thing happened to me.
I played this game and on entering the garage I noticed that was missing a few cars. out of the game, and in the installation had two dlc with error message like in the picture posted in the topic. (limited and modified cars pack)

detail, the game is uninstalling and installing alone. the game is all broken on the Xbox.

Alexandru Marian
27-08-2015, 14:55
The issue with the Modified Car Pack uninstalling by itself has been reported before and we have reported it to Microsoft:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35592-Modified-Car-Pack-Xbox-One&p=1077250&viewfull=1#post1077250

Last update we got from them is that they found a fix for it and I presume this will hopefully be part of the next firmware update. Unfortunately this is not something we can fix in the game.

The fact that you guys are seeing random Season Pass and Pre-Order packs is a bit more worrying and we've contacted both Namco and Microsoft about this. These are packs that we have created during development but never released because of marketing reasons (and there is no plan to ever release them AFAIK). These should only exist in our development environment and should have never appeared on retail consoles.

KkDrummer
27-08-2015, 15:30
The issue with the Modified Car Pack uninstalling by itself has been reported before and we have reported it to Microsoft:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35592-Modified-Car-Pack-Xbox-One&p=1077250&viewfull=1#post1077250

Last update we got from them is that they found a fix for it and I presume this will hopefully be part of the next firmware update. Unfortunately this is not something we can fix in the game.

The fact that you guys are seeing random Season Pass and Pre-Order packs is a bit more worrying and we've contacted both Namco and Microsoft about this. These are packs that we have created during development but never released because of marketing reasons (and there is no plan to ever release them AFAIK). These should only exist in our development environment and should have never appeared on retail consoles.

Namco trying to upsell?

BCFCBristolRed
27-08-2015, 15:44

Hi Alex, I have just responded to your personal message with my gamertag and DLC details. Cheers pal!

bluesky0870
27-08-2015, 17:09

The season pass with all of its content (the pack's names, not the single cars) even appeared at amazon when the game was announced to be released at the end of March. After 1 week amazon deleted it. So it definitely has not only existed in your dev environment.

Link to German amazon page: http://www.amazon.de/Project-Cars-Season-Pass-2015/dp/B00U1SEENA That's the steam version of the season pass, but I am sure the one for the XB1 was at the same time available too. 24,99€ as far as I remember.

By scrolling down you can see all the planned/confirmed packs.

To clarify, it is just another hint for your investigation, no critics!!!!!

Alexandru Marian
29-09-2015, 16:27
Updating the thread here so it's all visible.

This turned out to be an issue where some of our original DLCs (Liveries #1 in particular, but also Modified Car Pack and the Limited Edition Upgrade) had some placeholder icons in them (including the one that was originally intended to be used for the now-cancelled Season Pass). We're not entirely sure how these builds of the DLCs with the placeholder icons ended up in retail but we've now rebuilt them with the placeholder icons removed. These have now been released today.

You should see a mandatory update for each of the 3 DLCs (if you own them). These should not affect anything in game as they only remove the wrong icons displayed in the Xbox UI.

Fractured Life
29-09-2015, 16:37
FFS I just came to have a moan about this :(

And now you have it sorted. Damn You all!!!

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 20:46
Updating the thread here so it's all visible.

This turned out to be an issue where some of our original DLCs (Liveries #1 in particular, but also Modified Car Pack and the Limited Edition Upgrade) had some placeholder icons in them (including the one that was originally intended to be used for the now-cancelled Season Pass). We're not entirely sure how these builds of the DLCs with the placeholder icons ended up in retail but we've now rebuilt them with the placeholder icons removed. These have now been released today.

You should see a mandatory update for each of the 3 DLCs (if you own them). These should not affect anything in game as they only remove the wrong icons displayed in the Xbox UI.

Update only the livery pack here.

Robhd
29-09-2015, 21:05
I was prompted to redwnload the modified car pack today.. I bought it the day it was released and have had not had an issue prior to today with it... I purchased both the ford and aston dlc packs today.. Wonder if these things are connected?

Flat_out
29-09-2015, 21:11
I was prompted to redwnload the modified car pack today.. I bought it the day it was released and have had not had an issue prior to today with it... I purchased both the ford and aston dlc packs today.. Wonder if these things are connected?

Ford?

TheReaper GT
29-09-2015, 23:23
Ford?

He meant audi, or the old vs new, autocorrect is a bitch.

Dynomight Motorsports
30-09-2015, 00:13
Yeah I saw that too, but all my stuff downloaded as normal. I could care less as long as the game works. I'm just dissapointed that they TEASE us with a DLC and not even give us a track we can't race. If I had known it was TEST track I wouldn't have bought it. :mad:

TheReaper GT
30-09-2015, 00:15
Yeah I saw that too, but all my stuff downloaded as normal. I could care less as long as the game works. I'm just dissapointed that they TEASE us with a DLC and not even give us a track we can't race. If I had known it was TEST track I wouldn't have bought it. :mad:

You can race 5 out of 6 layouts.

Dynomight Motorsports
30-09-2015, 00:37
You can race 5 out of 6 layouts.there are no pits.. therefore you can't run it in multiplayer. I only got this game to race with my friends.

Chris Shakespeare
01-10-2015, 06:20
That's the pits

Alexandru Marian
01-10-2015, 13:09
What about the wrong icons displaying on the PS4 download list? How am I meant to fix that?

Please post any PS4 issues in the PS4 Technical Help & Support section (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?126-PS4-Technical-Help-amp-Support), thank you!

Raven403
01-10-2015, 13:13
Please post any PS4 issues in the PS4 Technical Help & Support section (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?126-PS4-Technical-Help-amp-Support), thank you!

Just so you know Alex, when it came up in the que to download on XB it was a bad resolution image of a Season Pass picture. It said season pass on it with the art of the driver silhouette behind it.

Alexandru Marian
01-10-2015, 14:11
Just so you know Alex, when it came up in the que to download on XB it was a bad resolution image of a Season Pass picture. It said season pass on it with the art of the driver silhouette behind it.
Thanks for the heads-up. That was the old icon that managed to sneak its way in in the old version of the DLC pack. We've triple-checked and the new one doesn't contain it. Maybe this was due to the XB1 caching it from the previous version? It's hard to tell since we really have no idea how the Xbox OS actually manages all this stuff internally, we simply built the new pack with the correct icons and handed it to Microsoft to publish :(