PDA

View Full Version : Wet Racing lap times and Setups

jimmyb_84
27-08-2015, 10:01
So I'm planning my evenings activities on PCARS for tonight and I've decided to pay some attention to racing in the wet.

I'll be practicing in a GT3 car, so I'm going to choose the Audi LMS and create a wet setup then save to all locations, then if I get a wet race I'll chose the Audi and I'll always have a wet setup online/solo races.

Anyway can the AI lap times be used as a good benchmark for lap times? I normally finish top 5 at 90% in the dry, anyone have some times I could use as a target? I need a goal.

Thank all

miagi
27-08-2015, 11:42
...create a wet setup then save to all locations, then if I get a wet race I'll chose the Audi and I'll always have a wet setup online/solo races.
That doesn't make that much sense. Why would you save one wet track setup to all tracks. Different tracks need different setups anyway, also why would you spam the setup slot of every track with a wet setup? You can still use the go kart tracks to set a server just in case.

jimmyb_84
27-08-2015, 11:45
That doesn't make that much sense. Why would you save one wet track setup to all tracks. Different tracks need different setups anyway, also why would you spam the setup slot of every track with a wet setup? You can still use the go kart tracks to set a server just in case.

That's a fair point, hadn't thought of that! Ive decided instead to use the SLS for my wet running, so I'll get a good Bassline then adjust aero and other things as per the track.

miagi
27-08-2015, 12:32
Normally setups are made per race track or at least fine tuned for a track, starting from that you go to a wet track setup by pretty much doing the same thing on most every track.

rams1de
27-08-2015, 13:07
You shouldn't need a special wet set up surely? Wet or dry, the track has the same bumpy or smooth surface, kerbs, corners and undulations.

Plus, wet can be anything from damp to totally saturated which would suggest if a wet-specific set up is required, you need a few per track.

The only setting I would look to change is the diff and you can do that quite easily in practise.

jimmyb_84
27-08-2015, 15:20
we could always put it to the test? If you do your best dry and wet times with the same setup on a track, then I'll do my dry setup time and wet setup time and we'll see you gets closest to the dry time.

In a wet race I want a softer setup, more forgiving and probably more stable too.