PDA

View Full Version : [INVESTIGATING] "edit current pit strategy" doesn't pause anymore?

Machinist90
27-08-2015, 10:54
Whenever I enter the pits to edit the pit strategy,the game doesn't pause anymore,this is really annoying when for example I have to change tire type because of weather changes and my garage is right at the start of the lane I can't get enough time to change the setup before I'm actually in the pits.....why did this change?

Invincible
27-08-2015, 10:55
Really? I might be wrong but for me it still pauses, except when I play online. You can't pause then, obviously...

Machinist90
27-08-2015, 10:56
Really? I might be wrong but for me it still pauses, except when I play online. You can't pause then, obviously...

I just noticed it in practice...maybe it's because it's practice? I don't know but I found it odd

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 11:01
This was introduced with patch 3.0.

Pitting, Tuning, Setups, Strategy
* Accessing Pit Strategy in single player during non-race sessions no longer pauses the game.

Neil Bateman
27-08-2015, 11:01
Patch notes:

Pitting, Tuning, Setups, Strategy
* Enhanced Setup and Pit Strategy system:
- Players are now provided with information regarding current and upcoming weather, remaining session duration, and current track temperatures.
- In Setup, players can choose to apply different compounds to the front and rear sets. In Pit Strategy, players can now choose to change tyres symmetrically instead of configuring each wheel individually.
- The Setup and Pit Strategy screens will now display an estimation of how many laps the player can expect to run with the current fuel load, and updates in real time as the player adjusts the fuel slider.
- Players can now define pit strategies with less fuel than the initial fuel load. During a race, the fuel slider indicator will turn red to warn players when the strategy offers insufficient fuel for the remainder of the race.
* Enhanced HUD and Telemetry tyre info system:
- Players can now see in real time which tyre compounds they are currently using, what each tyre’s pressure is, and how much each tyre is worn. Each individual wheel’s tyre graphic will fade out from top to bottom to indicate the level of wear. The tyre temperature display on the HUD now uses a smooth colour gradient fade to more accurately indicate temperature changes and match the display on the Telemetry screen
* Fixed an issue where damaged headlights would not get repaired if the player had damage level set to ‘Visual Damage Only’.
* Fixed more cases where a vehicle’s default setup would not be correctly applied.
* Reworked the naming of several tyre compounds to make the names more indicative of their purpose, and to ensure that front and rear compound names match when set to the same compound.
* Restrict pit strategy tyre compound types to only those available for the current vehicle.
* Accessing Pit Strategy in single player during non-race sessions no longer pauses the game.
* Tweaks to AI pit logic to ensure they pit in proper mandatory window in races that feature a mandatory pitstop.
* Fixed an issue that at times caused a setup from one car to be applied to a different car.
* Ensure that the Default pitstop strategy is set to the Active one on each session start, to prevent issues with previously configured and now irrelevant strategies being active.
* Fixed an issue where, if you customized a setup that was automatically loaded from your saved setups, and then drive and return to pits, the customized setup would be lost and your setup will be reset to the previously saved setup.
* Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.

Edit: *Ninja'd*

Machinist90
27-08-2015, 11:02
This was introduced with patch 3.0.

why? that's a step backwards...not forwards.....

Zenzic
27-08-2015, 11:24
Makes sense, in my opinion. Orchestrating a pit stop is an inherent part of a race.

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 11:28
Makes sense, in my opinion. Orchestrating a pit stop is an inherent part of a race.

It only doesn't pause in non-race sessions though.

Invincible
27-08-2015, 11:33
It only doesn't pause in non-race sessions though.

Do you, by any chance, know why it has been made like this? Not to criticize, but I just can't see a point in it...

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 11:36
No I don't, sorry.

jimmyb_84
27-08-2015, 11:43
Do you, by any chance, know why it has been made like this? Not to criticize, but I just can't see a point in it...

I'd assume it not really time critical at the point the changes are needed, you won't lose any positions.

Neil Bateman
27-08-2015, 11:43

I'm not sure behind the thinking of this either, in online play it doesn't pause, and is a challenge to make changes on the fly and get it right, which to me is a good thing as all kinds of things can dictate when you pit whether it be scheduled or to fix damage or a late decision to pit early and so on.

To have this option in every part of the game except single player races makes no sense, unless they were worried you might need the toilet or you fancy a cup of tea during single player races.

Roger Prynne
27-08-2015, 11:46
This is a strange one actually, practice should be just that 'practice'
It makes it hard to practice with the pit strategies when you can't pause the game.

Aizcold
27-08-2015, 12:05
Why does it matter? Like jimmyb_84 said above, it doesn't really matter if you lose a bit of time when pitting during a practice session. Unless the OP also has the pit menu close automatically for him and the pit crew starting work beofre he presses 'close' I really don't see the problem here.

Machinist90
27-08-2015, 12:22
Why does it matter? Like jimmyb_84 said above, it doesn't really matter if you lose a bit of time when pitting during a practice session. Unless the OP also has the pit menu close automatically for him and the pit crew starting work beofre he presses 'close' I really don't see the problem here.

nordschleife,starts to rain,so I need to rush to switch tires cause I'm in the first garage or else I can go around another 7 minutes on slicks if i'm not fast enough

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 12:25
nordschleife,starts to rain,so I need to rush to switch tires cause I'm in the first garage or else I can go around another 7 minutes on slicks if i'm not fast enough

Does the pit strategy screen automatically close when you're arriving at your pit stop?

Machinist90
27-08-2015, 12:35
Does the pit strategy screen automatically close when you're arriving at your pit stop?

no it stays on but the pit continues,so on the bright side,the next lap it would apply the changes

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 12:37
no it stays on but the pit continues,so on the bright side,the next lap it would apply the changes

Well, that's a bug then. The pit crew should wait for you like it does in MP mode.

Yorkie065
27-08-2015, 12:40

Obviously I can't answer for him, but it should remain open and the pit crew won't apply the changes until you have closed it, correct?

Also, you can actually setup a pit strategy in the pits before leaving the garage to head out onto track. It would be good practice to set that up before leaving, once you have a good idea of what your setup is and it's near enough finalised. You can create and save multiple setups and I tend to save 5 or more depending on the race, with different variations accounting for weather, repairing damage, fuel, new tyres with same or new pressures, just fuel, just damage repairs etc. Then when you come into the pits, hit 'view saved strategies' and activate the one you want. That way you loose minimal time actually in the pits fiddling. The more you can prepare yourself, the better.

Roger Prynne
27-08-2015, 12:41
So if you want to change tyres and pressures on each corner + add fuel and your in the first box, you got no chance.

Invincible
27-08-2015, 12:41

Why on the next lap? Usually it should apply the changes as soon as you save the strategy and close the screen. The pit crew should not start working until you close the screen.

And what I meant when I said I don't see any point in it was more like: Why go trough the hassle and change pitting behavior in practice or qualifying sessions where you can't loose any places either way.

For single player races: I do like the pause-feature for pits. To get a cuppa or go for a wee or to answer my girlfriend which gets asking me about legendaries in Diablo...

Machinist90
27-08-2015, 13:30
Why on the next lap? Usually it should apply the changes as soon as you save the strategy and close the screen. The pit crew should not start working until you close the screen.

And what I meant when I said I don't see any point in it was more like: Why go trough the hassle and change pitting behavior in practice or qualifying sessions where you can't loose any places either way.

For single player races: I do like the pause-feature for pits. To get a cuppa or go for a wee or to answer my girlfriend which gets asking me about legendaries in Diablo...

they start working while changing settings

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 13:32
Reported.

mkstatto
27-08-2015, 14:03
Why wasnt a change like this put to a vote before it was changed, I thought the ethos of this game was different to others that it was community assisted, instead it seems the normal you get what your told doctoral stance again.

Yorkie065
27-08-2015, 14:51
Why wasnt a change like this put to a vote before it was changed, I thought the ethos of this game was different to others that it was community assisted, instead it seems the normal you get what your told doctoral stance again.

Because the way it is now after the patch makes perfect sense within the functionality of the session your in. Practice you don't loose places, only a bit of time, in SP race it's crucial that you don't unfairly loose places whilst fiddling with pressures when the AI wouldn't so the game gets paused, and in MP you can't pause the game anyway without it being hugely detrimental to the gameplay of others. Is it really worth creating a poll for?

As for the community ethos of the game. There was a lot of voting back in development, and there is still for some stuff now but not as much. Although some of the core of the game can be tweaked, the likeliness of anything being major is fairly low. If anything, patch 3.0 prooves that the community aspect is still there considering a large portion of the changes, fixes, improvements, are things that the community has been asking for. Anyone can post up a thread with ideas and as long as they fit within the core of the game, is do-able resource wise and is constructive with good idea's from the outset that benefit the game, the devs will listen. They may not reply to everything, but that doesn't mean they're not discussing it internally or applying it to the game.

mkstatto
27-08-2015, 15:09
Because the way it is now after the patch makes perfect sense within the functionality of the session your in. Practice you don't loose places, only a bit of time, in SP race it's crucial that you don't unfairly loose places whilst fiddling with pressures when the AI wouldn't so the game gets paused, and in MP you can't pause the game anyway without it being hugely detrimental to the gameplay of others. Is it really worth creating a poll for?

As for the community ethos of the game. There was a lot of voting back in development, and there is still for some stuff now but not as much. Although some of the core of the game can be tweaked, the likeliness of anything being major is fairly low. If anything, patch 3.0 prooves that the community aspect is still there considering a large portion of the changes, fixes, improvements, are things that the community has been asking for. Anyone can post up a thread with ideas and as long as they fit within the core of the game, is do-able resource wise and is constructive with good idea's from the outset that benefit the game, the devs will listen. They may not reply to everything, but that doesn't mean they're not discussing it internally or applying it to the game.

I still think it warranted a vote, I personally run the lowest time settings for practice and qualy so the pause is a welcome thing especially in a particularly messy and time consumed session. Also means I can make a cuppa in the middle. ;)

On a side note, your YouTube videos are release were top notch and was one of the main reasons I got so into this game, so massive thanks for them.