PDA

View Full Version : Car not being refueled

Joethe147
27-08-2015, 13:52
PS4. First time I've played in at least a month so there may be something I'm forgetting. There must be.

In Formula A, 100% race at Dubai. Go into pits on lap 4, choose and edit my strategy, press save. The pitstop goes a lot quicker than the estimated time said it would, and when I leave the garage, the "fuel left" gauge on screen is on the same amount that it was before I pitted. It remains that way when I exit the pitlane. So I haven't been refueled.

I restarted and this time, I chose the Call To Pits option, to see if that would make any difference. It didn't.

What am I missing?

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 13:54
Refueling is not allowed in the Formula A series.

Pink_650S
27-08-2015, 14:39
Refueling is not allowed in the Formula A series.

Why not?

Jescott71
27-08-2015, 14:43
It follows the same rules as real life Formula 1, in which refueling is not allowed. The real reason for this is safety (reduces the chance of fires in the pitlane) and costs (you don't have to lug expensive refueling hoses around the world).

azidahaka
27-08-2015, 14:51
Had same issue in GT3 race :D But still didn't know that refuelling is forbidden in Formula A

Jescott71
27-08-2015, 15:11
Yeah I did that in a GT3 race, tried to be clever and short fuel the car initially to pull out a decent gap before pitting. Ran out of fuel a quarter of the way through the race. Not my greatest idea; moral of the story, always learn about the series you're racing in! :P

Pink_650S
27-08-2015, 15:19
It follows the same rules as real life Formula 1, in which refueling is not allowed. The real reason for this is safety (reduces the chance of fires in the pitlane) and costs (you don't have to lug expensive refueling hoses around the world).

l think they should decide whether they want to follow the real F1 regulations or not.

Because when it comes to DRS - which can be used anywhere in Project Cars - the FA class suddenly doesnt follow F1 regulations anymore, and is a 'free interpretation' of the developers. Right.

Bealdor
27-08-2015, 15:21
It's a fictional series with a fictional car. So it's following the rules the devs put in it.

Pink_650S
27-08-2015, 15:44
It's a fictional series with a fictional car. So it's following the rules the devs put in it.

Thats actually good info after almost 4 months, thanks!