PDA

View Full Version : PATCH 3.0 your opinions

Pages : [1] 2

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 02:13
by now I like what I've seen so far. Rain effects looks not that bad I've thought. So there's a big improvement. Tyre data in telemetry helps a lot. Now you know on which tyres you are and you can see tyre wear. Rain tyre seem not overheating that fast in light rain. So now I'm testing the road cars ;)I

Marcel Walker
28-08-2015, 02:15
Just downloading now. At 2.7 gb it's a big download.

Dan77 DESTROYER
28-08-2015, 02:19
Same here^ :D

widcard
28-08-2015, 02:25
I'm right behind you.

Poulka
28-08-2015, 02:27
Can't get mine to start.

widcard
28-08-2015, 02:36
Can't get mine to start.

reinstall, start clean.

Poulka
28-08-2015, 02:47
Do an uninstall by removing game from save game section. Will I have re download car packs?

OpticalHercules
28-08-2015, 03:34
Started with a fresh install, fresh data file, as if I just bought the game.

Haven't run a single race yet, but I'm already thrilled just seeing increments of 1 for all of the wheel configuration settings (deadzone/sensitivity) and for AI difficulty.

Gonna have a go with my old favorite the Caterham 300 LMP3 in career and see what I notice or not. Will save my multiplayer impressions for my saturday series.

OpticalHercules
28-08-2015, 04:07
Ok first impression is fantastic with the new data available in the tuning screen while in pit box. It's nice that they added a lap-estimator where you select your fuel.

Two problems I've noticed right off the bat:

1: tire page of tuning screen while in pit box, the Rear-Left Tire Pressure and the Brake Balance selectors are both double-selectable. Both of the require two clicks to get through the menu. Both had a half-shaded "ghost" reading, but both readings show the same spec, so it's not a big deal.

2: Telemetry Tire temps: I run on Metric, so I assume 100 to be good-warm tires. Running the Caterham SP/300R on Road America in event #1 of the career for that class, I ran my tires at 1.35barF/1.25barR and my tires started blue (normal), but then turned green and held green at a temp reading of 70. They never went above 72* (lmp3 slicks) but never showed blue on the meter. Is this a bug/oversight? I don't remember tires ever showing green color below 75*Celsius.

zacmaccraken
28-08-2015, 04:08
I still get that weird and glitchy "square" shadow thing on cars. Specially on hazy weather at dawn and it's huge with karts..... I know it's probably not a big thing for many of you guys, but it's really annoying for me!!!

Braken99
28-08-2015, 04:10
So far so good. I love the lobby search, it looks to be the same as the PC search which lists lobby options, thats a huge improvement right there. Very good.

Thank you everyone involved with making this happen.

MillsLayne
28-08-2015, 04:10
I know it wasn't on the patch 3.0 list, but has anyone noticed a difference with that audio issue where it sounds like a transformer, usually during a braking zone? I'll have a chance to test the patch once I get off of work.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 04:31
Optical, I ran into problem 1 immediately. I won't lie, it was a little distressing to see a new bug right out of the gate and an obvious one at that. Since then, no trouble. I ran some career invitationals (Pan Euro whatever with the 320 Turbos) and my tuning changes at two different tracks saved correctly. I verified that they were still there by going back to the garage after the races to see if my changes were saved and they were. So that's definitely a big win if that bug is really dead. I didn't make any changes to config other than set the deadzone back to 0 again (every patch so far resets it to 1). Everything felt just like it has been, FFB-wise. I agree that the changes to the telemetry are a big improvement. I didn't have any problems with tires that I know of. Temps were normal in telemetry and stayed green through an 8 lap race (twice). The AI weren't any different that I could tell but I didn't race in any weather. They still try to race with you on their out lap when all you're doing is trying to get some heat in your tires. I didn't try doing any pitstops. That will be my next test. I'd say so far so good.

STEELJOCKEY
28-08-2015, 05:19
1: tire page of tuning screen while in pit box, the Rear-Left Tire Pressure and the Brake Balance selectors are both double-selectable. Both of the require two clicks to get through the menu. Both had a half-shaded "ghost" reading, but both readings show the same spec, so it's not a big deal.

steam version has same issue on pc I've noticed

bobbylion
28-08-2015, 06:39
Ok woke up to a nice supprise, patch here finally and for me so far:

Rain effects alot better than i expected due to some PS4 threads moaning about them, maybe they run better on xbox1? ;)

Clio car has been tuned differently IIRC and it certainly feels better to handle in quick blast....

Now i must do some work then proper hit the game at lunch time....

Just glad it here, also for me it feels smoother? not sure if placebo but seems some screen tearing is gone? Used to tear at Donington chicane today it didn't..

jbjs40
28-08-2015, 06:48
Hello, first time here! guys/gals? I am a recent GTR2 fan for years and SCGT fan before that. Old school, I know! Anyway love this game. However I can no longer play the game since it is asking for an update and will not continue even after hitting cancel. I see that I must uninstall the game first, correct? If so, will I lose all the DLC that I have bought. I have all the DLC so far and have paid for them except for the free cars of course, don't want to lose any of them. And why oh why the street cars? Or are these latest DLC cars (old vs new) available race versions as well? I freaking hate race games that feel like they have to include street cars. Come on. Really? I am in the USA and we are absolutely STARVING for real race simulators, hell even our real racing series are NASCAR and oval racing. YUCK! Euro fan here cant help it. I prefer wine or mixed drinks over beer kind of guy.....Anyway looking forward to hearing from you all.

nissan4ever
28-08-2015, 07:17
Hello, first time here! guys/gals? I am a recent GTR2 fan for years and SCGT fan before that. Old school, I know! Anyway love this game. However I can no longer play the game since it is asking for an update and will not continue even after hitting cancel. I see that I must uninstall the game first, correct? If so, will I lose all the DLC that I have bought. I have all the DLC so far and have paid for them except for the free cars of course, don't want to lose any of them. And why oh why the street cars? Or are these latest DLC cars (old vs new) available race versions as well? I freaking hate race games that feel like they have to include street cars. Come on. Really? I am in the USA and we are absolutely STARVING for real race simulators, hell even our real racing series are NASCAR and oval racing. YUCK! Euro fan here cant help it. I prefer wine or mixed drinks over beer kind of guy.....Anyway looking forward to hearing from you all.

Download the update. It's patch 3.0. Don't uninstall nothing. Everything will be fine.

Olijke Poffer
28-08-2015, 07:20
And now the big how to setup my TX wheel again.... After the patch I presume there are some changes on the behaviour of the FFB etc..

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 07:59
I know it wasn't on the patch 3.0 list, but has anyone noticed a difference with that audio issue where it sounds like a transformer, usually during a braking zone? I'll have a chance to test the patch once I get off of work.

Here's a solution that was "discovered" by another user:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38072-100-fix-for-stuttering-and-sound-glitch&highlight=sound+issue

Hopefully that helps in your case too.

Ixoye56
28-08-2015, 08:00
reinstall, start clean.

Same here!

2pfspiff
28-08-2015, 08:06

If you do uninstall then reinstall, just head over to the Market place and redownload all of the DLC. Once you buy it it is always available for download under your gamertag

Ixoye56
28-08-2015, 08:07

You wont lose anything if you delete, you can download it again for free.

STEELJOCKEY
28-08-2015, 08:10
And now the big how to setup my TX wheel again.... After the patch I presume there are some changes on the behaviour of the FFB etc..

No changes needed for me, same as 2.0 which is great, as pc version is not the same as on the xbox and I gotta work to fix that one somehow

nissan4ever
28-08-2015, 08:14
There has been an improvement in fps as well with patch 3.0. I just ran a full 35 AI grid at Spa. I was running 2:16:***. That's an improvement of 4 seconds in lap time vs previous patches, with full grid (previous PB with full grid was around 2:20). I haven't played game much lately. So I'm definitely rusty. However, that's good to see my time has improved because of fps improvement (smaller grid, I run like 2:02 if I'm not mistaken). Now I'm fixing to run 23 AI grid & see what I run.

Update: My times with 23 AI grid was spot on for what they should be (2:02:***). Based off what I've seen at Spa. I think it's safe to say that you can run a 23 AI grid on all tracks & basically get 60fps. Regardless of weather. The reason I say that is because of the 4 second lap time improvement with full grid on patch 3.0. So it's really safe to assume that running 23 AI grid should be fine anywhere, with any weather (after patch 2.0, you could run 23 AI grid at Spa in rain & fps/lap time matched my by myself lap time).

That would basically have Project CARS performing like the race game that gets a demo next week.

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 08:48
There has been an improvement in fps as well with patch 3.0. I just ran a full 35 AI grid at Spa. I was running 2:16:***. That's an improvement of 4 seconds in lap time vs previous patches, with full grid (previous PB with full grid was around 2:20). I haven't played game much lately. So I'm definitely rusty. However, that's good to see my time has improved because of fps improvement (smaller grid, I run like 2:02 if I'm not mistaken). Now I'm fixing to run 23 AI grid & see what I run.

Update: My times with 23 AI grid was spot on for what they should be (2:02:***). Based off what I've seen at Spa. I think it's safe to say that you can run a 23 AI grid on all tracks & basically get 60fps. Regardless of weather. The reason I say that is because of the 4 second lap time improvement with full grid on patch 3.0. So it's really safe to assume that running 23 AI grid should be fine anywhere, with any weather (after patch 2.0, you could run 23 AI grid at Spa in rain & fps/lap time matched my by myself lap time).

That would basically have Project CARS performing like the race game that gets a demo next week.

sounds pretty good, thanks for testing that\1

RoccoTTS
28-08-2015, 08:54
No changes needed for me, same as 2.0 which is great, as pc version is not the same as on the xbox and I gotta work to fix that one somehow

I can confirm this. Didn't change anything on ffb settings and it feels the same as before patch.

Olijke Poffer
28-08-2015, 09:01
Ah no need to adapt the FFB settings?

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 09:01
I did a quick solo race this morning on Clear weather...stopped 3 times in a row for tires, no issues with wrong tires being put on or 4 red tires of death. next I will run the same test in career...

RoccoTTS
28-08-2015, 09:13
For me the biggest improvement is the new tire model for the road cars. Even the Renault Megane is enjoyable to drive now.

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 09:22
Download the update. It's patch 3.0. Don't uninstall nothing. Everything will be fine.

I got the patch and did a hard re set and all my problems we're still there. So I deleted everything including my game save and all my problems are now gone (So far)

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 09:27
I think something we all should consider doing is deleting pit strategies created before 3.0 as the old ones may not work properly now...

Lagoa
28-08-2015, 09:48
I'm not going to delete my entire save game.. Not ever, seriously.

bobbylion
28-08-2015, 09:50
I'm not going to delete my entire save game.. Not ever, seriously.

Would be cool if someone could confirm stuff is all great without having to start all over again.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 09:54
Sorry to say that: Career mode race 24h Green Hell track day (set to 1% = 2 hrs) crashed to the dashboard after more than half of the time. Happened when I kissed a crash barrier in the Audi R8 road car.
Hopefully that happened as an exception, never experienced a total game crash back to Xbox dashboard pre 3.0.

Nevertheless the AI seems to be more carefully respectively opponents in corners now (except of Monza's 1st chicane, still a carnage festival), the AI even is braking now when it is behind you and you are braking early,
the road cars ( in fact the Audi R8) handling is improved,
the slide bar increments steps by 1 make the game way more individualised. I appreciate that much.

I did not uninstall and reinstall the game by the way, neither I deleted my profile and game save. So maybe this could be the reason for the game crash?

RoccoTTS
28-08-2015, 09:54
Can i ask why you have to delete your save game ?
I never did this and i don't feel the need to do this.

Alexandru Marian
28-08-2015, 09:59
I got the patch and did a hard re set and all my problems we're still there. So I deleted everything including my game save and all my problems are now gone (So far)

Sorry to hear you had to do that. Could you confirm what issues you had that were solved by deleting the saved game?

Ideally you shouldn't need to delete your saved game at all.

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 09:59
I said: dlete pit strategies, no saved games...although some folk have reported great improvement after starting a new save...personally I would not mind as I got all the career achievements so it is just a matter of racing for me....

Storm22
28-08-2015, 10:03
I'm been unable to experience most of the improvements as the game's become unplayable for me. The setup/tuning/save issue is now even worse for me. It's gone beyond not saving from track to track and session to session.
I'm in qualifying and each time I come in to make minor adjustments, the save is gone. It's back to default. I can't redo the complete setup every time I want to make an adjustment. It's so frustrating I had to turn the game off.

I know I could try and do a complete reinstall, but this is not on.

bobbylion
28-08-2015, 10:04
I didn't delete and its all there, rain drops, seems like Frame rate improvement also but could be placebo. But yes hearing people start all over as fresh install is making me wonder if i should.

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 10:08
Sorry to hear you had to do that. Could you confirm what issues you had that were solved by deleting the saved game?

Ideally you shouldn't need to delete your saved game at all.

I have been having major problems saving my tune on Watkins Glen GP in the FC car, no matter what I did it never saved but I have not had a problem with saving my tunes on any other car. Also setting a weekend race up starting with 40ltrs of fuel (Max for that tank) I would set it to 40ltrs but it gave me 38.1 ltrs to start the race with.

Downloaded the patch and did a hard reset and it was still the same. Deleted the game and re-installed it, problems still there. Deleted everything being all the DLC's to date and my game save and problems gone.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 10:10
I'm not deleting my save game and hope I don't have to install this patch. I guess I'll find out when I get home.

I don't ever want to race those 125cc Karts again and I'll need to race them to get the Zero to Hero achievement (or whatever it's called). Please tell me I don't NEED to do this?! They are the worst handling cars in the game IMO. They feel really sluggish to me and if I adjust my controls everything else seems to handle like crap and overly twitchy. Maybe I need to tune them a bit but I hate those thongs! 250cc Karts on the other hand are amazing to drive.

Sampo
28-08-2015, 10:19
Is there any brave soul with a problem who wouldn't mind deleting the savegame (no uninstalling or reinstalling), so the devs would know if that's the culprit? I myself believe there is a bug with saving and/or loading that's been there since the beginning, but I have no proof. I don't have a console, but there have been lots of reports that after deleting the save game things got better.

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 10:23
I really didn't mind losing my game save, for me its all about league racing and that will be tested tomorrow night. But I must say that since I have got rid of my game save even the sound bug ain't showed its ugly head as of yet and on Watkins Glen GP it's been really bad this week

lakerslegend
28-08-2015, 10:28
Friends leaderboard only for Time trials and NOT community events !!! Really ! C,mon .....is it that hard to have it on all the leaderboards ....SUPER disapointment !

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 10:31
Friends leaderboard only for Time trials and NOT community events !!! Really ! C,mon .....is it that hard to have it on all the leaderboards ....SUPER disapointment !

Hey, its a feature that wan't there before the patch mate and the main thing is a lot of problems have been fixed

nissan4ever
28-08-2015, 10:39
I just pitted 8 times in a row. Correct tire pressure was installed.

baznitch
28-08-2015, 10:43
Good work guy's, having no issues. Keep them coming!

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 10:44
I just pitted 8 times in a row. Correct tires & tire pressure was installed.

music to my ears! thanks!

Invincible
28-08-2015, 10:44

And the next will be: "Boo, I finished last in the race because I had to pit eight times in a row out of pure excitement that everything worked!"

/jk

John Hargreaves
28-08-2015, 10:45
I really didn't mind losing my game save, for me its all about league racing and that will be tested tomorrow night. But I must say that since I have got rid of my game save even the sound bug ain't showed its ugly head as of yet and on Watkins Glen GP it's been really bad this week

Yeah, I've just had to reinstall and start the game from scratch this week on PC and it's actually quite a liberating experience, feels nice and fresh to start over. I lost a few setups, but I could pretty much remember the things I did so it wasn't too hard to reproduce, but in hindsight it might have been easier to make a note before I reset everything.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 10:46
Is anyones copy CTD?

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 10:46
And the next will be: "Boo, I finished last in the race because I had to pit eight times in a row out of pure excitement that everything worked!"

/jk

And the punchline is it was only a 7 lap race :P

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 10:48
Yeah, I've just had to reinstall and start the game from scratch this week on PC and it's actually quite a liberating experience, feels nice and fresh to start over. I lost a few setups, but I could pretty much remember the things I did so it wasn't too hard to reproduce, but in hindsight it might have been easier to make a note before I reset everything.

I write every tune down once I am happy with it but yes, I wrote every setting down last night just in case things changed after the patch

nissan4ever
28-08-2015, 10:51
I decided to uninstall everything & re-download everything. Even deleted my game save. I was still getting the sound glitch. After seeing wOoDsTeR16 say he fixed his sound glitch with game save delete. I thought, what the heck. I'll just do a complete fresh install like he did. This is the first time I've ever done a complete delete & reinstall. Now I just got to wait for this 216449
To pull 20.4 GB from Xbox Live. Going to be a long 4.5 hrs, lol.

Sampo
28-08-2015, 10:54
Please, someone try just deleting the save game without an uninstall.

transfix
28-08-2015, 10:55
Do I really have to delete everything? Please say it isn't so. Alot of hours put in already to restart from 0

Dirty4
28-08-2015, 10:55
And lose all the hard work? No chance. Maybe ask someone from SMS to delete their game

transfix
28-08-2015, 10:58
I decided to uninstall everything & re-download everything. Even deleted my game save. I was still getting the sound glitch. After seeing wOoDsTeR16 say he fixed his with game save delete. I thought, what the heck. Now I just got to wait for this 216449
To pull 20.4 GB from Xbox Live. Going to be a long 4.5 hrs, lol.

Hey nissan, which model exactly is that external drive you have? Can't seem to find specs of the 7200rpm version.

Sampo
28-08-2015, 10:59
The point is that if someone with problems deletes their save game and solves their problem that way, the devs know there might be something wrong with saving. But we need someone with problems to do that and SMS possibly doesn't have those problems locally.

nissan4ever
28-08-2015, 11:12
Hey nissan, which model exactly is that external drive you have? Can't seem to find specs of the 7200rpm version.

Uh oh. Upon further investigation, it looks like my Seagate STBV4000100 runs at 5900 rpm. My bad, lol.

transfix
28-08-2015, 11:14
Uh oh. Upon further investigation, it looks like my Seagate STBV4000100 runs at 5900 rpm. My bad, lol.

Thought i was losing my mind trying to find it lol. I need to pick up an external but def want 7200.

Raven403
28-08-2015, 11:28
Thought i was losing my mind trying to find it lol. I need to pick up an external but def want 7200.

here ya go, its the one I have its awesome. Had zero problems http://www.amazon.com/HGST-High-Performance-Portable-Platinum-0S03694/dp/B00IVFDQFM

BlueFin175
28-08-2015, 12:03
@nissan4ever will be eagerly waiting the results of your testing here bud :)

Any chance you could test the 32 slot save issue once you have completely re-installed ? as in create a save, save it to ALL then check the track list to see if it indeed saved to ALL and not to only 32/48 tracks ? This setup issue is killing me and getting automatic setups with fuel amounts of x.1 or x.7 or x.4 etc is symptomatic of the continued problem.

Birdman
28-08-2015, 12:39
I did a race session @ zolder with a BMW m1 procar for my career. Practice was great, no problems, I went to oits to tweak car and everything I changed was saved. Qualifying was even better, 12 laps no problem. Now the race, race started in clear weather but it said rain so I opted for rain tyres. I melt the tyres on my second to last lap lol all tyres are red and wearing out (thanks guys for the new tyre data) and just slipping and sliding. Now it started to rain on the last lap, as the rain started falling, my game started shuddering pretty bad and the sound was in and out for the entire last lap. I'll dip into mp after work but so far its ok.

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 12:45
I get only 9 lobbies shown when I start searching mp. Are only 9 open lobbies www on x1?

Fyllpen
28-08-2015, 12:53
I get only 9 lobbies shown when I start searching mp. Are only 9 open lobbies www on x1?

Same here...

Fyllpen
28-08-2015, 12:54
Hi guys!

I appreciate if you could answer some questions I have. So far the patch is working really good for me. I have no problems with saving my setups and tunes for my cars (and I have never had problems with it). Although the problems I had has almost been with my pit strategy. It has sometimes changed during a race and I have been forced to redo them during my pit (always been online so I can't pause the game). With the new patch this seemes to have been fixed .

The questions I have is:
Is it not possible to change tyre pressure in the pit strategy so it matches the tyre pressure I'm starting with? For example: Formula C car I have 1.08 on one of my tyres but in the pit strategy I can only select 1.07 or 1.09. Nor can I have 1.07 or 1.09 in my starting setup. Maybe it doesn't even matter with a 0.1 change? Or am I missing something?

Don't know what asymmetrical/symmetrical is either so if anyone whises to explain that I'll be happy :)

And is the sound glitch supposed to be fixed with 3.0? Cause I too still got it.

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 13:01
Hi guys!

I appreciate if you could answer some questions I have. So far the patch is working really good for me. I have no problems with saving my setups and tunes for my cars (and I have never had problems with it). Although the problems I had has almost been with my pit strategy. It has sometimes changed during a race and I have been forced to redo them during my pit (always been online so I can't pause the game). With the new patch this seemes to have been fixed .

The questions I have is:
Is it not possible to change tyre pressure in the pit strategy so it matches the tyre pressure I'm starting with? For example: Formula C car I have 1.08 on one of my tyres but in the pit strategy I can only select 1.07 or 1.09. Nor can I have 1.07 or 1.09 in my starting setup. Maybe it doesn't even matter with a 0.1 change? Or am I missing something?

Don't know what asymmetrical/symmetrical is either so if anyone whises to explain that I'll be happy :)

And is the sound glitch supposed to be fixed with 3.0? Cause I too still got it.

Yes, this is the first problem I have come across that I had before, I can't have the same tier pressure I started with

WRA NotSo
28-08-2015, 13:05
this patch did nothing for the game ruining sound glitch and if anything it s worse and it still freezes the game every race throwing me into the wall or in the grass, on xb1. good job sms running off customers and still thinking this the best ever racing game ever. so far its the worst running game I have ever played and the sad thing is that it is only 20gig. to bad you got one thing right (the handling and tuning) but can support it with a smooth running game

WRA NotSo
28-08-2015, 13:07
I still got sound bug too and it freezes the game. I bet they go straight back to playstation patches and shuv xbox to the side again

lakerslegend
28-08-2015, 13:32
Before Patch 3.0 game ran flawless smooth in all weather conditions for me . Post patch its now unplayable with ultra poor framerate with even light rain .Unbelievable !! Is anyone else having this problem !

Benja190782
28-08-2015, 13:37
Has the button to start up the game finally been changed on Xbox One? Is it now A or "press any button" to start up the game just before the intro video?

On PS4 you can start up the game just by pressing X (which is the same as A on Xbox One)

Please tell me as I can't download myself before tomorrow.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 13:46
Has the button to start up the game finally been changed on Xbox One? Is it now A or "press any button" to start up the game just before the intro video?

On PS4 you can start up the game just by pressing X (which is the same as A on Xbox One)

Does it matter honestly how you start the game? Just curious! Not angry or having a go at you.

Agent Smith
28-08-2015, 13:47
great job with patch 3.0 much much better now waiting for the dlc

browny8099
28-08-2015, 13:48
Is there any brave soul with a problem who wouldn't mind deleting the savegame (no uninstalling or reinstalling), so the devs would know if that's the culprit? I myself believe there is a bug with saving and/or loading that's been there since the beginning, but I have no proof. I don't have a console, but there have been lots of reports that after deleting the save game things got better.

Is this to see whether the sound glitch is resolved by deleting saved games? If so then I don't mind deleting my saved games. I have already applied the update, will that matter?

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 13:50
Does it matter honestly how you start the game? Just curious! Not angry or having a go at you.

Think he has one of the aftermarket rims for the TX; no buttons on rim. He needs the controller to work properly with the game so he can use that wheel I'm pretty sure.

D3L8OY
28-08-2015, 13:50
So am i missing something here, I installed Patch 3.0 checked the Caterham SP/300R in My Garage, my setting are there, went to Watkins Glen GP for a practice lap, accessed the Edit settings and just like before the FFB settings are set back to default.
I check the tracks for the Caterham SP/300R and only half the tracks are listed, again, this is the same as Patch 2.0. have I done something wrong or has this not been fixed in Patch 3.0

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 13:54

Yes, it is the A button now that starts the game, "start" button still does it too.

Benja190782
28-08-2015, 13:56

Actually, mate.. It matters alot when you are racing with the TX wheel and an aftermarket rim with DSD adapter.
Because the yellow button on the TX base itself, does the same as the A button - which means I can enter the game with my rim without any buttons on it.

Then I can navigate the menu with either my Xbox controller or my USB keyboard.
It can be done already on PS4 - why not on Xbox One?

Benja190782
28-08-2015, 13:57
Yes, it is the A button now that starts the game, "start" button still does it too.

Thank you so much! You saved my day! ;)

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 13:57
Tearing seem to be less than before. And the Ford GT Mk IV seem improved to me. After 2.0 the car have to much grip for vintage tyres. No you must be gentle on the throttle outside of corners. So far I like the physics. I hope that race compounds are now a bit more different, so that it make sense to use a other tyre than the soft. I hope physics stay now that whe can test finaly the tyres. Good Job Doug :)

Alexandru Marian
28-08-2015, 14:00

Yes, the A button now starts the game (and the icon has been switched over from ≡ to A for that matter). Indeed this is now the best way to figure out if you have the patch installed.

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 14:04
Well it didnt take long for posts of this patch sucks to come,lol!

So theres also posts of this patch is awesome too,lol!

Which is it?

Has anyone done the delete of saved games yet?

Lagoa
28-08-2015, 14:07

Which is it?

No, and I won't ever do this... Principles.. :P

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 14:09
No, and I won't ever do this... Principles.. :P

Ha!
I might if I have any problems.I dont have much saved because I dont play much,waiting for the game to get better...

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 14:09
Actually, mate.. It matters alot when you are racing with the TX wheel and an aftermarket rim with DSD adapter.
Because the yellow button on the TX base itself, does the same as the A button - which means I can enter the game with my rim without any buttons on it.

Then I can navigate the menu with either my Xbox controller or my USB keyboard.
It can be done already on PS4 - why not on Xbox One?

Makes sense now, mate.

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 14:10
No I don't delete my 180 hrs savegame with nearly completed goals in career mode. I lost a 120 hrs savegame in june or so. I have over 30 sessions in career. I don't not give that up so easily

So far I didn't have problems with my current savegame under 3.0

Benja190782
28-08-2015, 14:14
Yes, the A button now starts the game (and the icon has been switched over from ≡ to A for that matter). Indeed this is now the best way to figure out if you have the patch installed.

Thank you so much, Alex! It's amazing how you guys just listen and reply to us.
Clearly the Best Game Developer Of The Year! ;)

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 14:16
I still got sound bug too and it freezes the game. I bet they go straight back to playstation patches and shuv xbox to the side again

I can confirm that sound stuttering is worse then ever and I also have to deal with the returned screen freeze issue. (Gone after 1.3 or 1.4, returned with 3.0)

Alexandru Marian
28-08-2015, 14:16
Thank you so much, Alex! It's amazing how you guys just listen and reply to us.
Clearly the Best Game Developer Of The Year! ;)

I wouldn't go that far! Unfortunately there's still a lot for us to improve. But thanks.

OverHaased
28-08-2015, 14:17
OK walk me through EXACTLY How to delete all files, uninstall and re-install.

I have never done that but I want this to work so badly and after tasting how good it seems last night I want to give the game a proper chance and not have it undermined by cross patch conflicts or multi command protocols etc.

So speak to me like you would speak to an idiot, (You know the way my wife speaks to me)

What do I do first and how?

Fyllpen
28-08-2015, 14:18
Yes, this is the first problem I have come across that I had before, I can't have the same tier pressure I started with

Thank you! I have always wondered about that but haven't seen anything about it. Now I know I'm not alone. Has the sound glitch disappeared for you after you deleted your saved game?

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 14:22

Which is it?

I am indecisive about it actually. Have spent more than 200 hours into the game, but after 3.0 the game is worse than with 2.0 (in my case). So I am trying to reinstall the game without a save game delete first.

gmspromo
28-08-2015, 14:26
Being able to start the game by pressing "A" on the Xbox One was the game changer that made this update awesome for me! ... No, but seriously, it annoyed the hell out of me before not being able to press A, so thanks for that. The other three most notable excellent improvements (so far, and in order) are the rain effects (very realistic, I don't care what some others think) ... the real-time tyre wear change in the HUD, and the projected fuel usage. Oh and I forgot the biggest improvement ... browsable lobbies. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Keep on, being awesome guys (I won't moan about the lack of DLC availability until the 1st September, I understand why it got delayed, but give Microsoft a kick up the behind for being slow with their patch approval process okay!)

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 14:29
I am indecisive about it actually. Have spent more than 200 hours into the game, but after 3.0 the game is worse than with 2.0 (in my case). So I am trying to reinstall the game without a save game delete first.
Let us know if anything changes for you.

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 14:31
Thank you! I have always wondered about that but haven't seen anything about it. Now I know I'm not alone. Has the sound glitch disappeared for you after you deleted your saved game?

No, sadly I have just done a full sim of this weekends race and the sound bug is there still as bad as ever, I just hope that one gets solved in 4.0. Normally that is also the first sign of the game crashing back to race central and that happened to us in last weekends league race :(

DJ ALKOHOLIK
28-08-2015, 14:35
I can confirm this. Didn't change anything on ffb settings and it feels the same as before patch.

Yep same here

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 14:40
guys, the sound issue has already been explained....SMS need MS to release a new SDK that will make the extra processor made available for devs recently, work better...until then we will have to live with this....if SMS got hold of the new sdk then maybe in 4...otherwise in 5, 6 I dunno....but being disappointed cuz it's not been fixed it ain't gonna help....something I do when the sound monster kicks in is to shift gears up earlier, it makes it more tolerable cuz it only lasts around 5secs....I guess if you shut the engineer up (turn it off) it could help a bit as well....

OverHaased
28-08-2015, 14:45
OK fine, you folks go ahead and ignore me, It is my own fault, I told you to treat me like my wife does........

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 14:48
OK fine, you folks go ahead and ignore me, It is my own fault, I told you to treat me like my wife does........

I have never done that but I want this to work so badly and after tasting how good it seems last night I want to give the game a proper chance and not have it undermined by cross patch conflicts or multi command protocols etc.

So speak to me like you would speak to an idiot, (You know the way my wife speaks to me)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-one-hard-drive-how-to-delete-re-install-games/

housty01
28-08-2015, 14:52

How do I delete saves that I no longer need?

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how:

From the Home screen, select My games & apps.
Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.
You’ll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
Delete from console will remove the local copy of this save. You can retrieve it from the cloud the next time you play.
Delete everywhere will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud and all other consoles you play on.
Cancel will leave your data intact.

oneBIGkicker
28-08-2015, 14:58
my quick thoughts,,,,
I only played for 1-1.5 last night after patch, But what I saw was great!

Searchable Lobbies!!!! Thank you so much! ( Crazy that there were only 4-5 lobbies each time I checked, Like a total of less than 40 players on MP at 10pm EST??)
MP was my biggest issues with game.

I did notice , my fuel went back to default each time I went into pits, I forgot to look at other options I changed.

Also , when in MP, the lag bomb that comes when a new player enters room was way better.

need to get back to work :(

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 15:06
Personally I think they are doing a heck of a job trying to patch and make the game better.They could easily wash their hands of it and say thank you for your money and we are done...You are on your own....

Ive been gaming since the early 80s on atari and the games now are light yrs better then they were and back then there were no patches,NO INTERNET..It was what it was and that was it.Yes games were expensive as now adjusted for inflation.

But....Some people will always expect perfection and complaine about anything no matter how small.Enjoy the game or put it down.Complaining does nothing and just leads to more complaining.Its contagious

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 15:07
Back in the 80's there was no need for a patch as the game worked straight out the box

julesdennis
28-08-2015, 15:10
Back in the 80's there was no need for a patch as the game worked straight out the box

I think you are right.
Back then there were good games or not.
Now we have unfinished games or even more unfinished games.

wOoDsTeR16
28-08-2015, 15:13
I think you are right.
Back then there were good games or not.
Now we have unfinished games or even more unfinished games.

True but I will add this, by todays standards SMS are doing a good job

Fyllpen
28-08-2015, 15:13
guys, the sound issue has already been explained....SMS need MS to release a new SDK that will make the extra processor made available for devs recently, work better...until then we will have to live with this....if SMS got hold of the new sdk then maybe in 4...otherwise in 5, 6 I dunno....but being disappointed cuz it's not been fixed it ain't gonna help....something I do when the sound monster kicks in is to shift gears up earlier, it makes it more tolerable cuz it only lasts around 5secs....I guess if you shut the engineer up (turn it off) it could help a bit as well....

I just asked about the sound glitch cause everyone else was doing it. That's why I thought it was supposed to be fixed in this patch.

I didn't know it has been explained before. It's just so much text/posts on here and I don't think you should be spending more time on a forum than the actual game.

I just wanted to know if it was supposed to be fixed or not. I love this new patch! And am so looking forward to 16 player in lobbies without it crashing (fingers crossed).

Umer Ahmad
28-08-2015, 15:16
. I love this new patch! And am so looking forward to 16 player in lobbies without it crashing (fingers crossed).
Working for this guy
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38133-Thank-you-SMS!!

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 15:19
Personally I think they are doing a heck of a job trying to patch and make the game better.They could easily wash their hands of it and say thank you for your money and we are done...You are on your own....

Ive been gaming since the early 80s on atari and the games now are light yrs better then they were and back then there were no patches,NO INTERNET..It was what it was and that was it.Yes games were expensive as now adjusted for inflation.

But....Some people will always expect perfection and complaine about anything no matter how small.Enjoy the game or put it down.Complaining does nothing and just leads to more complaining.Its contagious

No they can't do easily stop supporting the game. Part of the concept of Project Cars is that whe get support for year or more. If sms really is interested in to build project cars as franchise, they can't say where done. The reason why a lot of us supporting sms still after all that issues is the main concept of the game. That the game will be improved over the time is one of the key features imo.

gmspromo
28-08-2015, 15:28
No they can't do easily stop supporting the game. Part of the concept of Project Cars is that whe get support for year or more. If sms really is interested in to build project cars as franchise, they can't say where done. The reason why a lot of us supporting sms still after all that issues is the main concept of the game. That the game will be improved over the time is one of the key features imo.

The other side of all the bug fixing that SMS is carrying out in Pcars 1, is that in eliminating the bugs, it helps either directly or indirectly when programming Pcars 2 ... some of the code will be carried over and what code isn't, they will know how to code things better to avoid problems for the next iteration of the game ...

NavyFlipper HUN
28-08-2015, 15:36
I'm been unable to experience most of the improvements as the game's become unplayable for me. The setup/tuning/save issue is now even worse for me. It's gone beyond not saving from track to track and session to session.
I'm in qualifying and each time I come in to make minor adjustments, the save is gone. It's back to default. I can't redo the complete setup every time I want to make an adjustment. It's so frustrating I had to turn the game off.

I know I could try and do a complete reinstall, but this is not on.

I have exactly same issue. Im on reinstall now. I'll see!

EMW Grogan
28-08-2015, 15:38
Ok firstly i dont often ( if ever ) praise this game......deep breath....

I have not tested or seen all the changes but,

The lobby browers seems to work, and it has search function that works +1
The tyre wear indicator is good and seems to work, soft medium and hard compounds do wear at different rates +1
The enhanced telemetry screen is so much better showing tyre choice and wear. +1

Did a 30 lap MP race, pitstop included and NOTHING odd happened...nothing, quite amazed actually.
(But i did noticed players getting disconnected on the lobby screen )

Obviously time will tell.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 15:39
So am i missing something here, I installed Patch 3.0 checked the Caterham SP/300R in My Garage, my setting are there, went to Watkins Glen GP for a practice lap, accessed the Edit settings and just like before the FFB settings are set back to default.
I check the tracks for the Caterham SP/300R and only half the tracks are listed, again, this is the same as Patch 2.0. have I done something wrong or has this not been fixed in Patch 3.0
Your setup database was corrupted by the 2.0 patch. Now you need to delete your profile from the cloud and start over. Hopefully it won't be corrupted again by 3.0 but I wouldn't put money on it.

John Hargreaves
28-08-2015, 16:04

They also came on 1.44Mb floppy disks. Do you remember when we used to get patches sellotaped to the front of gaming magazines?

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 16:07
They also came on 1.44Mb floppy disks. Do you remember when we used to get patches sellotaped to the front of gaming magazines?
No they didnt work right out of the box.They sucked if you remember or played them.Unfortunately time makes memory very selective.

I will add that its very wise now a days because you have the luxury to WAIT after a game drops to see how good it is.No one twists your arm to buy it.When you buy a new car you research it first.If you buy a game research it first.Dont be a beta tester.And if you do buy it with no research deal with it.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 16:11
Let us know if anything changes for you.

After reinstallation all is fine except of the setup save issue. :D So far I can say after 1.5 hrs of testing.

Chunsey Wang
28-08-2015, 16:22

I got a mod for operation flashpoint off a magazine disc once,I was thankful tho as on dial up it would of took about a week to download,it was only about 500mb as well

As for patch 3.0,im not home from work yet so can't comment,hope its an improvement

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 16:39
Installed patch, switched off XBox (completely ie not power save), switched back on, Thrustmaster TX used to boot game with normal controller used to log in prior for chat, go to control settings and steering wheel not there (despite being able to navigate menus with it), it only appears if I switch off the XBone standard controller. Also can't see this new gain setting, does this mean that the patch has not installed correctly???

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 16:42
Installed patch, switched off XBox (completely ie not power save), switched back on, Thrustmaster TX used to boot game with normal controller used to log in prior for chat, go to control settings and steering wheel not there (despite being able to navigate menus with it), it only appears if I switch off the XBone standard controller. Also can't see this new gain setting, does this mean that the patch has not installed correctly???

This (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38120-Patch-3-0-Thrustmaster-TX-problem) may help.

HEF51
28-08-2015, 16:46
The one thing I was looking forward to in this patch was being able to change tires in a multiplayer race. And it still doesn't work properly. No matter what strategy you pick (Medium, Hard or Inters). It'll just put you on a "Automatic by weather" tire. So basically if its dry it will only put you on softs and if it is raining it will put you on wets.

At least it gives you correct fuel and pressures now... :confused:

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 16:53
The one thing I was looking forward to in this patch was being able to change tires in a multiplayer race. And it still doesn't work properly. No matter what strategy you pick (Medium, Hard or Inters). It'll just put you on a "Automatic by weather" tire. So basically if its dry it will only put you on softs and if it is raining it will put you on wets.

This is the one I'm wondering about.

Seen conflicting reports on this:

Not working (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs&p=1102362#post1102362)

and..

Edit: And you posted in both of them. Don't mind me ha.

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 16:57
This (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38120-Patch-3-0-Thrustmaster-TX-problem) may help.

Cheers mate, I had half worked it out, tried starting the game using the Start button on the rim and there was the TX in the settings screen. Therefore despite the fact it says press A, if you do you are using controller. I thought the point of pressing A was so that the guys with the aftermarket rim could start the game???

Still don't see this new GAIN setting, where is it?

EMW Grogan
28-08-2015, 16:57

Tyre change worked for me. Started on mediums and in the tyre strategy before the race i set that up to run softs for the last 12 laps, and it worked ok. I know it did as the new telemetry changed to show softs after the stop.

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 17:01
This is the one I'm wondering about.

Seen conflicting reports on this:

Not working (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs&p=1102362#post1102362)

and..

Edit: And you posted in both of them. Don't mind me ha.

it may depend on the car you drive as well...like Formula C only has soft slick for dry conditions...

Raven403
28-08-2015, 17:02
Tyre change worked for me. Started on mediums and in the tyre strategy before the race i set that up to run softs for the last 12 laps, and it worked ok. I know it did as the new telemetry changed to show softs after the stop.

What car. GT3?

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 17:04
Cheers mate, I had half worked it out, tried starting the game using the Start button on the rim and there was the TX in the settings screen. Therefore despite the fact it says press A, if you do you are using controller. I thought the point of pressing A was so that the guys with the aftermarket rim could start the game???

Still don't see this new GAIN setting, where is it?
In FFB settings.

HEF51
28-08-2015, 17:05

That's because it gives you Softs by default in the dry (All tire changes are now automatic by weather instead of what your strategy is). Next time try to go Med-Med. My guess it will give you Softs if its dry and Wets if it is raining no matter what tires you want put on.

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 17:05
Will check again, maybe the new spectacles are not working too well......

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 17:13
Will check again, maybe the new spectacles are not working too well......

So in Edit Tuning Setup I have gone to the Force Feedback tab.

No gain setting there.......

Am I just really stupid?

JA96
28-08-2015, 17:14
Me and my father have been playing and now thhe SMS CT3-R and Audi R8 are literally undriveable, it's like driving on ice :/ they were perfect before the patch and we can't play the game properly due to cars feeling so twitchy. Not happy, I loved the physics on 2.0

GRTfast
28-08-2015, 17:15
So in Edit Tuning Setup I have gone to the Force Feedback tab.

No gain setting there.......

Am I just really stupid?

It's in the global FFB setting in options, not in the FFB settings for a particular car.

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 17:16
I see the horrific wait when it is saving coming out of settings is still there too....

bumpkin
28-08-2015, 17:18
It's in the global FFB setting in options, not in the FFB settings for a particular car.

Ta, found it!

bc525
28-08-2015, 18:40
Ugh I’m tired today. I stayed up late to download patch 3.0 last night, and then of course I had to spend a few hours racing. I jumped back into my career. Wow, that little FG1000 series at Dubai was really fun.

I’m struggling through work now, but it was totally worth it. So far I think patch 3.0 is a success. I'll try out the multiplayer tonight and see how that goes - I'm really looking forward to checking out the lobby browser.

oneBIGkicker
28-08-2015, 18:42
I see the horrific wait when it is saving coming out of settings is still there too....

FYI
Work around for that is, Press home button, then menu button, go to help click, back to game and you will be out of the setting saving loop

EMW Grogan
28-08-2015, 20:03
That's because it gives you Softs by default in the dry (All tire changes are now automatic by weather instead of what your strategy is). Next time try to go Med-Med. My guess it will give you Softs if its dry and Wets if it is raining no matter what tires you want put on.

Yup spot on, you can start with whatever tyre you want but it will always give you soft tyres if its dry after a pit stop.

Bit dissapointing.

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 20:21
if raced a mp game with 15 others and the game extreme lagging at the begin. but after 7 have left the game the game runs smooth with 8 players. did someone noticed that too?

Dan77 DESTROYER
28-08-2015, 20:22
Game not recognising the wheel when my controller is on and I'm in party chat.

nissan4ever
28-08-2015, 20:25
I'm happy with the patch 3.0. The only issue I encounter is the very rare sound glitch. Other than that, this patch is awesome. I see they improved the game engine performance as well. I saw my lap time against full AI grid of 35 at Spa improve from 2:20, to a 2:16 in the clear (by myself or 23 AI grid I run 2:02). So that's a 4 seconds game engine performance increase with full grid at Spa.

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 20:26
Game not recognising the wheel when my controller is on and I'm in party chat.

page 12 post #119

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 20:29
I also noticed that there is stuff on the displays in the race engineer's stations (not sure what the actual name is of those things) and a few people along the pit wall. That's a nice addition even if only cosmetic. I always thought the pit boxes looked pretty stark.

Anchorman
28-08-2015, 20:36
No crashes after about 2 hours play(except me crashing!)
Like the new replay function can watch myself crash from the vehicle behind skipping through vehicles with 'left joystick' left/right

AllenDMac
28-08-2015, 20:41
Deleted save data, 3.0 patch install..........still can't save global set-up , also have to retune for each track, everything else seem great as far 3.0 patch....making it hard to keep playing as much I like to....

Dirty4
28-08-2015, 22:34
noticed still cant get sync to race weather to work. anyone else? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

worked a treat until patch 2.0 arrived

HBK
28-08-2015, 23:51
Host of welcomed improvements. Still performance issues though.

Need to play more.especially to check if AI was improved or if it's still the same cheaty mess.

vvpulsevv
29-08-2015, 00:22
noticed still cant get sync to race weather to work. anyone else? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

worked a treat until patch 2.0 arrived

Same here. Is it working for anyone else?

Poulka
29-08-2015, 02:25
Sync to race appeared to work for me. I set a 8 lap race at Monza with clear and medium clouds and halfway through race the clouds started coming in.

Dirty4
29-08-2015, 03:01
How, tried everything under the sun to get this to work. was enjoying it till patch 2 arrived. And also noticed a few graphical glitches at the stadium on the end of the main straight on Dubai Autodrome circuit. Kind of annoying with the flickering

GRTfast
29-08-2015, 03:44
Pretty good so far. Did a few online races and some career. Seems clean and stable.

Poulka
29-08-2015, 04:07
Yeah everything is good with me. The only thing I have come across so far , and I don't know if this is an old issue or not. But the Caper cars did not have an option for me run Gripyear Falcon Rain tires. Now the fronts have this option, but not rears.

Del Zotto x82x
29-08-2015, 04:16
I love all the new stuff, but there is ONE MAJOR PROBLEM that i never experienced pre patch 3.0... When I crash into a wall or something my wheel will go crazy and turn, before when it did that I'd simply select the menu button and the wheel would reset itself back to center.. well now it doesn't reset and so as I leave pit road again my wheel is turned all the way in one direction and so predictably my car flys into a wall coming outta the pits... and yes I did a complete uninstall and reinstall...

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 06:00
My only issues so far are that i was used to the old Clio Cup settings and the Renault 98T new tweeks have made it less drivable for me, but both i will get used to.

One slight thing i'm still not sure with, i feel like since patch 3 running at about 70-80 AI i never noticed before how slow AI take corners, so ive been ruining into back of them but on straights they pull away, this didnt happen before in fact they were normally out braking me which was great as kept me honest...So looks like i'll go to 90-100 and hope they dont get too fast on straights.

bluesky0870
29-08-2015, 06:20
My only issues so far are that i was used to the old Clio Cup settings and the Renault 98T new tweeks have made it less drivable for me, but both i will get used to.

One slight thing i'm still not sure with, i feel like since patch 3 running at about 70-80 AI i never noticed before how slow AI take corners, so ive been ruining into back of them but on straights they pull away, this didnt happen before in fact they were normally out braking me which was great as kept me honest...So looks like i'll go to 90-100 and hope they dont get too fast on straights.

I've got the feeling that the AI is a bit faster in general. Before 3.0 I was able to beat the AI at a strength at 80, in some minor race series 70, after 3.0 I had to decrease it between 68 and 73 and not even that is a guarantee to win every race (what is fine for me, I need some kind of challenge). I noticed too that the AI corners a bit slower. But I like that, because earlier the AI used too shoot me out of their way in front of a corner. Now it is even able to recognize when I brake too early. Tested it yesterday and in 90% of all cases they managed to avoid a contact.
I drove the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo stock yesterday and found it enjoyable for the first time ever. But someone should have told the Japanese that a modern car has brakes. :D

Riskymiata1
29-08-2015, 06:29
I think that graphics are better after the patch . Especially the rain drops and the particle effects . Has anybody the same opinion?

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 06:59
I think that graphics are better after the patch . Especially the rain drops and the particle effects . Has anybody the same opinion?

Mine feels like it runs better since patch, to be fair i was always pretty amazed at the graphics in certain areas like sun sets etc.

The rain stuff is ace, the way the 'water' hangs in the air is stunning.

bluesky0870
29-08-2015, 07:00

Raindrops seem to be more gracilized and more sparkling. I really like these new effects. The particle effects are still a bit unreal, especially in dusk and dawn or in the lights of your car the particles look like hundreds of wanting to mate glow worms.

But after all the trouble we went through the last months that really is a luxury problem.

wOoDsTeR16
29-08-2015, 07:07
So far I am finding that the AI have found some much needed respect but on 100% over a 30 lap race there still getting lapped up to 4th place. What's the chances of having a higher setting for them?, it seems that 2nd can stay within 5 secs of me for 5 to 6 laps but then they drop off

bluesky0870
29-08-2015, 07:14
So far I am finding that the AI have found some much needed respect but on 100% over a 30 lap race there still getting lapped up to 4th place. What's the chances of having a higher setting for them?, it seems that 2nd can stay within 5 secs of me for 5 to 6 laps but then they drop off

I can only speak for myself and the setting of 68 to 75 (may increase in some other race series), but I had the feeling too that the AI is loosing a lot of time when it starts to lap slower cars. (Endurance series, LMP1). They are more respectful but that seems to make them overtake/pass each other less "risky" too. I was able to extend the lead respective to catch up.

RacerPaul65
29-08-2015, 08:32
I deleted my profile save after the patch installed and did a hard reboot, per recommendations

Liking the smaller increments for AI adjustment. 75% seems to be good for me in the Clio's atm

Frame rate is looking very solid now and the game seems overall very stable

Imo its now it the state it should have been upon release. Yep, very enjoyable now :cool:

Logan500
29-08-2015, 08:59
Is anyones copy CTD?

Yep. Totally unplayable now. No race lasts past the first turn without crashing to the dashboard, and the last race lasted exactly one second. That's enough for me. I refuse to engage in more voodoo rituals of delete, reinstall, tweak, ad nauseum just to get a CONSOLE game to work correctly.

Freestyler0908
29-08-2015, 09:10
I love all the new stuff, but there is ONE MAJOR PROBLEM that i never experienced pre patch 3.0... When I crash into a wall or something my wheel will go crazy and turn, before when it did that I'd simply select the menu button and the wheel would reset itself back to center.. well now it doesn't reset and so as I leave pit road again my wheel is turned all the way in one direction and so predictably my car flys into a wall coming outta the pits... and yes I did a complete uninstall and reinstall...

Same when you drive in pit. The Wheel doesnt center, it stays in the position of the last corner until the end of pitstop.

BMWE87
29-08-2015, 09:11
I lost my career and it's starting to hang on the initial load screen where the SMS/WMD Logo shows. Gettign to the point of seriously throwing this in the bin. It's worthless and useless.

transfix
29-08-2015, 10:32
Everything seems to be running great however I am experiencing the setup saves issue now. Default/custom setups disappearing even just leaving pit amd returning. Never happened pre 3.0 :(

D3L8OY
29-08-2015, 11:27
Your setup database was corrupted by the 2.0 patch. Now you need to delete your profile from the cloud and start over. Hopefully it won't be corrupted again by 3.0 but I wouldn't put money on it.
Yes Schnizz, you are dead right, I deleted my save and all is good, shame I had to loss everything I had done. Then again, the game is so much better with this patch i actually don't mind starting over again. Everything seems to be running so much smoother. I had stopped playing and now i have a new buzz and am really enjoying the game all over again.
Well so far so good, see how thing go when I get a few hours in

Lagoa
29-08-2015, 11:51
I like the patch. (played 3 hours) Except the tyre pressure in the telemetry is not the same as on my setup screen??
Anyone else noticed it?

Also, I finally did my first online races, it was good!!! indeed, a little freeze when someone joins, and I was first with half a second gap on the second, yet on the scoreboard at the end of the race he showed up first!? Wtf... How come?

Rain effects didn't blow me away, they are always the same, regardless what speed or how sharp and fast you take a corner.

Didn't have any crashes to dashboard or anything like that.
Also my setups seemed to save properly, regardless of what everybody else is talking about here.

LMP3 Caterham sp300 rain tires in the wet still overheated like hell... :( needs fixing!

I like the new cut detection and all that stuff. Also, pit engineer is talking more and saying other things? Maybe placebo?

Also, the steering centre spring, to lower it's effect on low speed I should just lower the saturation?

So far so good, 3 hours in and the patch seems really good!!
Escpecially since I did my first online races, loved it!!

Edit: I did NOT delete anything or reinstalled anything.

Invincible
29-08-2015, 12:03
I like the patch. (played 3 hours) Except the tyre pressure in the telemetry is not the same as on my setup screen??

This happens if your car doesn't have pre heated tires, the pressure will rise when heat is applied.

So on a Formula A, your pressure will most likely be the same on race start like you set it in your garage.

On a GT4 otherwise you set up 1.9 bar and it will be the same when you leave pits. But when you start to get heat into the tires, pressure will rise to 2.2 or 2.3 bar. So if 1.9 is your target pressure, you will need so set it to 1.6 in the setup.

Be aware that any numbers I've stated are just for clarification. Difference between hot and cold may differ.

Lagoa
29-08-2015, 12:06
This your car doesn't have pre heated tires, the pressure will rise when heat is applied. So on a Formula A, your pressure will most likely be the same on race start like you set it in your garage. On a GT4 otherwise you set up 1.9 bar and it will be the same when you leave pits. But when you start to get heat into the tires, pressure will rise to 2.2 or 2.3 bar. So if 1.9 is your target pressure, you will need so set it to 1.6 in the setup.

This was in the caterham Sp300. In setup I had 1.45 bar, in the telemetry at race start it said 1.72 or somethin...

Invincible
29-08-2015, 12:13
The Caterham doesn't have pre heated tires either if I recall correctly.
But since you never start a race with cold tires, the pressure is your setup pressure + temperature difference.

Dan77 DESTROYER
29-08-2015, 12:28
Everything seems to be running great however I am experiencing the setup saves issue now. Default/custom setups disappearing even just leaving pit amd returning. Never happened pre 3.0 :(

Noticed this last night, nothing will save so you end up driving everything on default...........sucks

Bladey2k14
29-08-2015, 12:34
Right, having major issues, and NOT HAPPY!! I usually stream racing games on twitch on XBOX ONE and my friend also, before patch 3.0 I have been unable to stream PCARS as when I start a lobby and more than 1 person joins the game just freezes. I tried hard reset, changing lobby host and nothing works. Freezes every time. Low and behold patch 3.0 launches, and I'm thinking yesssssssss, finally can stream a game I loved PCARS! !! My friend tries to stream it, opens lobby, seems fine while no one has joined, goes on track to start qualify, as soon as people start joining lobby game freezes. Again tried hard reset still same.. This is not good. As a streamer multi player is what brings in my viewers, who all enjoy racing on F1, forza, etc etc. Please help if can !! Oh just to point out, I live in UK, my friend lives in Sweden, his internet averages 150mbps up and 42mbps down mine is 36mbps up 10mbps down, but still identical issues. Game is stored on internal xbox had.

DriftTony
29-08-2015, 13:13

I've experienced the same thing with my wheel, really can't believe no one tested this prior to releasing the patch?!

Furthermore I experiences these bugs:

- Screen goes semi-dark after a certain time (like screen-saver mode), I would have to use a switch on my wheel (e.g. activate screen-wipers) to get it back to normal
- At one time during a race it said 'controller disconnected', asked me to press 'A'...did that on my wheel and could continue racing (while the whole time my wheel was connected normally with a USB-cable...makes no sense)
- Racing on 'Zolder' with Ford Capri and 'same-class' AI (set on about 70%)....the AI always crash into each other 2nd corner after the start... (they have a hard time grip-wise in that corner during a race)

This was my experience playing a few hours with patch 3.0

mkstatto
29-08-2015, 13:42
The menu/wheel may have something to do with this change:

Controls & FFB
New – implemented the ability via menu sliders for the user to manually tweak the menu spring strength, stationary / low speed spring strength, and overall steering gain:
Menu Spring – the strength of the wheel centering spring in the front end and in-game pause menu.

d4ninho
29-08-2015, 14:41
why oh why bring in new features before the old ones were fixed????

RoccoTTS
29-08-2015, 14:50

Because people asked for it.

Schnizz58
29-08-2015, 14:50
To fix a problem that some people were having where the wheel resistance was too strong when the car was sitting still.

OverHaased
29-08-2015, 14:55
I've experienced the same thing with my wheel, really can't believe no one tested this prior to releasing the patch?!

Furthermore I experiences these bugs:

- Screen goes semi-dark after a certain time (like screen-saver mode), I would have to use a switch on my wheel (e.g. activate screen-wipers) to get it back to normal
- At one time during a race it said 'controller disconnected', asked me to press 'A'...did that on my wheel and could continue racing (while the whole time my wheel was connected normally with a USB-cable...makes no sense)
- Racing on 'Zolder' with Ford Capri and 'same-class' AI (set on about 70%)....the AI always crash into each other 2nd corner after the start... (they have a hard time grip-wise in that corner during a race)

This was my experience playing a few hours with patch 3.0

Game loses contact with the TX wheel, not sure why.

Sound glitch is five times more prevalent. Previous to 3.0 it would occur maybe every 5 laps or so, now it is happening 2 or 3 times per lap and lasts longer.

What is up with the sky flashing like lightning is happening in the distance on any track you set the sky default to cloudy?

Ok that is just some of the bad.

HERE IS THE GOOD

The brake sensitivity has improved dramatically and finding lock up and hanging at the threshold is much easier now.

MP lobby selection is top shelf and the way I had always hoped it could be. (Still no chat and that is disappointing as hell)

Races with full grids are the norm now too it seems.

Psychomatrix
29-08-2015, 15:43
Mp is not that stable as I wish. Have some contacts because game lagg or cars dissappear and return in front of you.

Dan77 DESTROYER
29-08-2015, 15:58
Tune set up whilst in multiplayer lobby not saving is not good

widcard
29-08-2015, 16:00
MP works great, a few lobby connectivity issues but most of the time it works fine, you still see some cars lag now and then but I haven't played any MP racing game that doesn't lag sometimes. all in all it's pretty damn good so far.

DriftTony
29-08-2015, 16:51
To fix a problem that some people were having where the wheel resistance was too strong when the car was sitting still.

Yes, well this seems more like "let's add some extra sliders, because this might fix some errors in the code"

I did tweak the new setting for spring when the car is standing still...to be lower, this works for 'normal' operation e.g. standing at the start...If you now crash the car (since counter-steering is problematic at most) the wheel will just jam to the max left or right and feels as if you would be damaging your wheel, when you try to center it. Not sure if this is influenced by the engine stalling...

And yes...I suffered too from the audio/game stuttering...

Schnizz58
29-08-2015, 17:05
Yes, well this seems more like "let's add some extra sliders, because this might fix some errors in the code"

It wasn't a bug. It was to give players more flexibility.

Plato99
29-08-2015, 17:14
The other side of all the bug fixing that SMS is carrying out in Pcars 1, is that in eliminating the bugs, it helps either directly or indirectly when programming Pcars 2 ... some of the code will be carried over and what code isn't, they will know how to code things better to avoid problems for the next iteration of the game ...
That's right, look at Codemasters. Every game they release has fewer bugs than the last and no repeat bugs at all.

Oh hang on....

Sergi01978
29-08-2015, 17:15
Is it just me or are the AI even more aggressive since the patch?
Played a few solo races, Gt3 and FA today and they were ramming from behind, side and cutting corners for fun.

HBK
29-08-2015, 17:54
AI is still kinda messy but definitely improved. The game is now almost fun to play with. Kudos to the team.

Benja190782
29-08-2015, 18:10
When I start up the game (just before the intro) and press the little yellow button on the TX base - the "gamertag - sign in" screen dont appear, but I can still race and navigate the TX wheel.
The funny thing about this is - the input device that shows up in controller options - is the Xbox Controller. Not the TX wheel.

How can that be?

Silas Andersen
29-08-2015, 19:04
I think all the new stuff is nice, and even more options when searching for a specific kinda lobby would be even better, but at the moment a bug is inhibiting me in enjoying the game: in the last 3 multiplayer racer i have joined, within minutes off the session starting my screen has frozen. I have tried waiting fot it to unfreeze, but that doesn't help. I can hear the car runnning at ful power, in the specific gear i was in before it froze, but i cant control the car in any way let alone see it..

Does anyone else experience this, and do you know if there is a way of fixing it/avoiding it?

wraithsrike
29-08-2015, 22:13
I think all the new stuff is nice, and even more options when searching for a specific kinda lobby would be even better, but at the moment a bug is inhibiting me in enjoying the game: in the last 3 multiplayer racer i have joined, within minutes off the session starting my screen has frozen. I have tried waiting fot it to unfreeze, but that doesn't help. I can hear the car runnning at ful power, in the specific gear i was in before it froze, but i cant control the car in any way let alone see it..

Does anyone else experience this, and do you know if there is a way of fixing it/avoiding it?

I get this all the time that and the game kicking me back to dash, it's got to the point now where I'm unable to play either sp or mp, I'm sorry I don't know a fix for this I've tried everything I can think of Inc a fresh install, game wipe and save delete but sadly it still happens.

AdM1
29-08-2015, 23:00
Glad to hear more people are having the tune save bug, perhaps now it will actually get fixed in time for 4.0.

AdM1
30-08-2015, 00:47
Had a bit of a play tonight and much better now imo, online lobby selection is much much better this way. Just need the tune save bug fixed and I cant really think of anything else I can complain about.

widcard
30-08-2015, 00:59
Had a bit of a play tonight and much better now imo, online lobby selection is much much better this way. Just need the tune save bug fixed and I cant really think of anything else I can complain about.

Man I have to mark this day on the calendar!.......AdM1 is finding it hard to "find" something to complain about it, When you hear those words!.....You know SMS is doing something right! OMG!!!!!!!!

CPU M Rossi
30-08-2015, 01:29
When I start up the game (just before the intro) and press the little yellow button on the TX base - the "gamertag - sign in" screen dont appear, but I can still race and navigate the TX wheel.
The funny thing about this is - the input device that shows up in controller options - is the Xbox Controller. Not the TX wheel.

How can that be?

ok this is kinda funny because I use a controller and under stats it shows a steering wheel but says controller
*edit* its been like that for a while

AdM1
30-08-2015, 02:32
Man I have to mark this day on the calendar!.......AdM1 is finding it hard to "find" something to complain about it, When you hear those words!.....You know SMS is doing something right! OMG!!!!!!!!

Pull your head out your arse and realise I was purely frustrated because the game I love doesn't work.

Just because I'm not a little fan boy haha ;).

D3L8OY
30-08-2015, 09:30
I have spent all day today playing after spending over three hours last night setting up the FFB setting for each car. I then took every car on to multiple tracks, it has been an exhausting time. Meanwhile the Misses has been mowing the lawn, I certainly have my priorities right.
After all this I am more than impressed with the work SMS have achieved. I know I had a bit to say after patch 2.0 and was disappointed not to be able to play for a while, then again I filled the gap with F! which wasn't bad on the Bone.
Yes there are a couple of issues I came across with my TX wheel, some tightness when hitting the dirt and coming back on the track it seems to still think it is on the dirt, mind you it is only for a few seconds, not a big issue, and a slight lock up problem last night in MP which didn't really break the game for me, once I hard reset the XB and my router this issue did not present itself again and I had a great time with a few friends , admittedly there was only five of us but no one had any ongoing issue like with Patch 2.0.
I think that the SMS team have really put in the effort to get this game back on track (Pardon the pun), it really must be a massive task. If this is the level of improvement that patch 3.0 brought to the game then the future for this franchise is looking really good.
I realise that Project Cars is a huge leap forward for Console as every other racing game on consoles really is only arcade racing, even Forza 5, I don't think is a serious sim, and Forza 6 looks like the biggest bragging rights that they have been touting at all the gaming shows is about weather and aquaplaning physics, to be honest I think that could get annoying very quickly with a lot of people skipping into your car, a lot.
The shame of this is, is that the game has taken a long time to get to this level, then again if it wasn't broken and needed big patches we would never know how passionate people are about this game. I enjoy reading people posts and those of you who are offering realistic comments that direct the Devs to produce a better game for us, well done. If your posting threats and abusing the Devs, think about this, these are people trying to do something ground breaking and brilliant for all us gamers, I really don't think they purposefully produce something to piss people off, I an sure you will find they are as passionate about the game as any of us are, so think before posting crap and remember, every time a new patch is released it's like getting a new game for free.

nissan4ever
30-08-2015, 09:41
Glad to hear more people are having the tune save bug, perhaps now it will actually get fixed in time for 4.0.

I hate to say it, but I'm not. The first time ever, I deleted everything & did a full reinstall. So far, ever car that I've driven in career (started over with game save to), the tune I put on it there. Does show up in the "my garage" section. So, it's working as intended, in my case.

nissan4ever
30-08-2015, 09:45
Mp is not that stable as I wish. Have some contacts because game lagg or cars dissappear and return in front of you.

That's because you racing with someone who geographically lives very far from you/host. Their ping is in the toilet. All online games should put out you in lobbies with people that live in your geographically location. With in a couple hundred miles ideally. However, 1k miles would be fine if everyone has a ping of 99ms or lower.

People that have similar pings. Then, even using peer to peer wouldn't be a big deal. That what truly stunk about FM5. Putting you in lobbies with people on the other side of the globe. Didn't even matter with the dedicated servers if you got people from Australia (one example), connecting to a server in Washington state or Europe. Their ping would be horrible due to distance. They unfortunately will lag all over the place.

The last thing I'll say, definitely be hardwired & not on WiFi if you can. The further you from your router, it will negatively effect your ping (especially if you real far from your router). You only need a tad of bandwidth to play online. Ping is what's important. Not your upload & download speed.

If you ever go into a lobby & you see people with 1 or 2 bars for their ping. I would leave that lobby. You want to race with people that have 3 or 4 bars for their ping. Definitely everyone having 4 bar ping is preferred.

Scav3nger
30-08-2015, 10:24
The first time ever, I deleted everything & did a full reinstall.

Should not be a required solution every time a patch comes out, but it seems to be the thing that makes all the patch stuff work as intended.

nissan4ever
30-08-2015, 10:31
Should not be a required solution every time a patch comes out, but it seems to be the thing that makes all the patch stuff work as intended.

I know. I never did it before. Probably won't ever do that again. Seeing how it's running well for me now.

AdM1
30-08-2015, 10:32
I hate to say it, but I'm not. The first time ever, I deleted everything & did a full reinstall. So far, ever car that I've driven in career (started over with game save to), the tune I put on it there. Does show up in the "my garage" section. So, it's working as intended, in my case.

That's not a fix that's a workaround though..

Also I've seen more than 1 occasion where someone done that and the issue cane back. Why bother playing the game if you have to reset the save all the while? No ta.

nissan4ever
30-08-2015, 10:34
Apples & oranges. It's a fix because it's working like it should (in my case). If someone love 's the game so much, it doesn't matter about starting your game save over. They will still put a ton of hrs into it, because they truly enjoy racing on the game.

AdM1
30-08-2015, 10:47
But still, its a workaround not a fix so regardless sms still need to fix it and you could still encounter this bug again just because you reset your save.

Just Another Frog
30-08-2015, 16:30
Pros:

Lobby listings.
Estimated fuel range now displaying.
Current tyre now displaying.
Leaderboard wipe.
AI tweaking during rainy races.

Thank you for all those

Cons:
Renault Clio gear and final drive sliders are now locked.
Constant locking of community + time trial options.
This may be me but I seem to get front wheel lock when trying to turn under braking. I have ABS on as default and it now seems like it's switched off.
The controls also feel sluggish after patch 3.0. Movement seems far less precise no matter how much you tweak the controller settings.
No dramatic change when trying to start (join) the session after connecting to a lobby that's already in progress. It still frequently refuses you access to the race.

Other miscelaneous odd things.
Finished second in a multiplayer race and overtook the lead car on the 'return to pits' lap during the finish race countdown and it credited me with first place.
The track cut penalties seem to stop working on occasion during m/p.
Frequent lobby connects to Glencairn Karting sessions even though that wasn't my lobby choice.
Weird times in qualify. Someone got a 1m 07 (Formula C) around Nurburgring GP.
Rolling start problems. Being jumped by racers behind you because your default manual gear is completely wrong when the lights turn green. Also, completely unavoidable collisions if you gain manual control whilst in a corner.

And finally the big one that I cannot explain.
I was racing Imola online and ran out of fuel on the about 100m from the chequered flag. After freewheeling over the finish line the car pulled onto the grass on the left hand side (auto drive) and stopped. Then for no reason whatsoever it decided to drive through the wall on the left hand side and park me in the garage, which is odd because the pits are on the right. Now here's the weird thing. The camera then panned back onto the track (where I had originally stopped), presumably to try and simulate the end of race camera and it was immediately noticeable that the track wasn't even Imola! From the (very) brief glimpse it seemed to be a track i'd never seen before. I wasn't really paying much attention because my race was finished but before it crashed to dashboard after a couple of seconds i'm positive the corner I saw was lined with straw bales. Maybe someone at SMS could fathom it out.

Psychomatrix
30-08-2015, 17:20
That's because you racing with someone who geographically lives very far from you/host. Their ping is in the toilet. All online games should put out you in lobbies with people that live in your geographically location. With in a couple hundred miles ideally. However, 1k miles would be fine if everyone has a ping of 99ms or lower.

People that have similar pings. Then, even using peer to peer wouldn't be a big deal. That what truly stunk about FM5. Putting you in lobbies with people on the other side of the globe. Didn't even matter with the dedicated servers if you got people from Australia (one example), connecting to a server in Washington state or Europe. Their ping would be horrible due to distance. They unfortunately will lag all over the place.

The last thing I'll say, definitely be hardwired & not on WiFi if you can. The further you from your router, it will negatively effect your ping (especially if you real far from your router). You only need a tad of bandwidth to play online. Ping is what's important. Not your upload & download speed.

If you ever go into a lobby & you see people with 1 or 2 bars for their ping. I would leave that lobby. You want to race with people that have 3 or 4 bars for their ping. Definitely everyone having 4 bar ping is preferred.

Thanx for the explanation. I think my ping must be okay because I have smooth online races too. I wished that whe can see the region/country of the host. That would make it easier to get good mp sessions. Btw in my eyes was 3.0 a big improvement on mp all in all

My ping is 19 ms measured over notebook wlan but on xbox one I always have over hundred because the server for the test is in the usa and thats 6200 km away from the east coast. I know nobody in germany who have under 100 ms ping on xbox one because the servers are not in europe. Otherwise I can't explain that high results. But that doesn't mean that ms have no servers in eurooe but the one for the ping test must in the staates and for that are 150 ms very good.

Sergi01978
30-08-2015, 18:48
@ Just another frog: The controls also feel sluggish after patch 3.0. Movement seems far less precise no matter how much you tweak the controller settings.

Thought I'd gone mad! I've noticed that on the slow corners the car will struggle to turn in. I've played around with the controller settings, which has helped but it still feels slightly off.

Psychomatrix
30-08-2015, 19:12
Racing in rain is now much more challenging. I prefer that much more like before, where I have in rain too much grip. Without tractioncontrol driving in storm is now really hard. But so should it be :)

jdasenbrock
30-08-2015, 22:43
Decided to start fresh with patch 3.0. deleted game, add-ons and profile.

First attempt at a quick race, car and track lists were blank. Using the right side of the screen, I selected the RUF GT3 and Catalunya GP course. Started a 5 minute qualifying session and noticed that there were LMP and F1 cars in the race despite me selecting "same class". Tried the same a second time, same result. Quit the game and restarted. Now the car and track lists were populated correctly.

Restarted my quick race with "same class", 5 minute qualifying and 15 lap race. Correct cars were now present. Qualified on pole with a time 1.1 seconds faster than next best car (80% opponent difficulty) and was congratulated by my engineer. Started the race in P2 (wtf?). Otherwise, pretty uneventful race took the lead back at the start and finished 1st with 30 seconds in hand over second.

Only other issue was the horrible sound stutter and frame rate drop that happened approximately every 2 or 3 laps with no apparent pattern. Some quite minor, but others nearly race ending.

I realize that we'll need to continue waiting for the stutter issue to be solved, but man this just kills an otherwise great game. I'm just a casual racer, so I can only imagine how this affects the more serious crowd with clubs and leagues. Needs to be the absolute #1 priority. Every other bug seems trivial compared to this.

jonnotheone
31-08-2015, 11:22
Well i must say i was starting to give up on the game i waited for patch 3.0 to come out before giving it one last go and im slightly impressed with the new installments spectator mode great works fine.replay mode works great switching cars brill.new tyre wear and indicator good.love the new fule system letting you know how many laps u can get from the fule.frame rate seems to be more stable. Not getting any sound issues.and i can now speak and hear people online...i must admit the new patch has relite the fire for p.cars.as i was all ready to give up an swap in my game..good work..

Chris Sercombe
31-08-2015, 11:59
Agreed, sound stutter kills a otherwise great game.

beetes_juice
31-08-2015, 14:10
Well after about 20 hours on project cars this weekend all I can say is wow. Thank you SMS.

Downloaded patch, hard reboot, reset wheel, update settings, good to go.

Single race AI seems to be calmed down a bit. (wish the FA AI would use DRS/KERS :cool:) Had a 35 lap GT3 league race this weekend around Dubai. 14 guys in the room and no disconnects/rage quits for the entire 1.5 hr race weekend and no crazy track limit penalties. Time trial track limits are spot on now; at least from what I saw on Monza, Spa, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Monaco, and Dubai this weekend. Like how the video/pictures you take actually load instantaneously in the driver network profile.

Don't understand (its crazy) the differences in users experience with this game. I don't want to side step some users issues with the game but my experience with the new patch so far has been great. In all honesty I was booted from the game once the entire weekend. The sound bug did not rear its ugly head and was able to join multiplayer games with the browser without major issues; only time I had issues joining with the browser was when the lobby was switching sessions or the race was about to start.

Anyway, I hope it improves for others. Depressing to come here and see people still having problems while I can't find anything that would make me want to put the game down. Maybe Fallout in November will do it to me. :cool:

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 14:44
Well it's useful to hear good/clean/stable reports too. Thanks for write-up

Raven403
31-08-2015, 14:54
14 guys in the room and no disconnects/rage quits for the entire 1.5 hr race weekend and no crazy track limit penalties.

Could you hear the host? Could they hear You? Could everyone hear each other? Was everyone talking? Were Some people in Party chat?

Im guessing the wide range of user experiences in here has alot to do with what people want to use the game for. If you want to do primarily Solo Quick races or even Career, it seems your Golden. If you want to do serious League Endurance racing, your not having the same experience.

Some other notes, The audio glitch does indeed still occur, as does the intermitent sky flicker glitch. and as has been well reported the MP pit stops are still not functioning properly. Nor are the flag systems.

But I like the New Rain effects. The Ai tho still drives too aggressively in traffic. Also the road car Default Setups are still wacked on Xbox. On PC it was night and Day after 3.0 with them, Not so on Xbox. Not sure why that is.

beetes_juice
31-08-2015, 15:11
Could you hear the host? Could they hear You? Could everyone hear each other? Was everyone talking? Were Some people in Party chat?

Skype. I do not consider this a work around just for project cars. Didn't like the idea of using another chat app during gaming but I'm convinced, will be using this in all gaming when an 8+ person party is needed. Other games have their lobby chat working correctly but Skype's quality is great and you don't have to worry about robot voices from an open lobby chat.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 15:39
Skype. I do not consider this a work around just for project cars. Didn't like the idea of using another chat app during gaming but I'm convinced, will be using this in all gaming when an 8+ person party is needed. Other games have their lobby chat working correctly but Skype's quality is great and you don't have to worry about robot voices from an open lobby chat.

Right. But then that's my point. You weren't using the games chat which is most likely why u were able to race mostly problem free. We tried using game chat last night before we had to resort to skype. Game chat still doesn't work. You can't use Skype when matchmaking or jumping into public lobbies

beetes_juice
31-08-2015, 16:07
Just wondering, why would me using skype/party help me race issue free?

Still have to connect to others and the chat function for the lobby is still there. Does the chat function get suppressed and not loaded out when using party chat/3rd party app?

Just Another Frog
31-08-2015, 17:14
Yes, perish the thought but a happy bunny is on the forum !

Just ran a GT3 server for around 6 hours with lots of visitors and lots of great racing was had. Very few party poopers and all in all a very enjoyable experience.
So, thanks to everyone who joined and played in the spirit of the game - and congrats to those who were insanely fast.

Finally, just one huge request.
Would it be possible on a future update to have the "you've set the fastest sector" information box (qualifying) either placed somewhere else or included with the option to turn on/off ?
It's kinda huge and blocks the speedometer when it appears.

That's it.
Thanks.

Sankyo
31-08-2015, 17:19
I'll have to talk to my fellow moderators how we'll deal with this...

BTW, Debyshire?

Raven403
31-08-2015, 17:20
Just wondering, why would me using skype/party help me race issue free?

Still have to connect to others and the chat function for the lobby is still there. Does the chat function get suppressed and not loaded out when using party chat/3rd party app?

Well yeah it must. Because the whole reason we went to skype was because it helped MASSIVELY with lobby stability. More than 6-8 ppl using game chat meant constant boots, host freezes disconnects and lag. Using Skype that stuff happened significantly less.

More to the point, you saying you had no problems playing online without saying you used Skype leads ppl to believe game chat worked for you, which it didnt. So it's a conflicting report. Just trying to get all the info possible with these 'positive' posts so we know what's going on.

Jump into public lobbies using game chat and see how things go then, it seems the reports are mostly all the same +6 people, host loses communication with lobby, people can't hear everyone. But the stability seems much improved

beetes_juice
31-08-2015, 17:22
Yes, perish the thought but a happy bunny is on the forum !

Just ran a GT3 server for around 6 hours with lots of visitors and lots of great racing was had. Very few party poopers and all in all a very enjoyable experience.
So, thanks to everyone who joined and played in the spirit of the game - and congrats to those who were insanely fast.

Finally, just one huge request.
Would it be possible on a future update to have the "you've set the fastest sector" information box (qualifying) either placed somewhere else or included with the option to turn on/off ?
It's kinda huge and blocks the speedometer when it appears.

That's it.
Thanks.

+1 on this.

TheReaper GT
31-08-2015, 17:25
Had a blast yesterday, about 3 races with a friend, than the power gone down in the whole neighborhood. After the power came back in, 5 hours online racing gt3 and prototypes, lots of wins, lots of podiums, lots of losses and the better, not a single idiot. Had an eleven lap race at monza, the guy accidentally touched me and made me spin out of the track, as a gentleman he gave me the position back, two corners to the end. That's a Sim race driver behavior.
Here is the last lap: http://1drv.ms/1MY4P5C
I normally race without Hud, but the thing was so intense that I unintentionally turned it on.

Steve UK
31-08-2015, 17:28
I popped into a GT3 race earlier, it was great not sure who was hosting though? 6 lap race, accidental cut on 2 nd lap got me a 5 second power penalty. This got me 3 seconds down from the leader which stayed 3 seconds for 3 more laps, then slowly started to catch the leader and eventually passed easily winning by 6 seconds?

It was great, did the leader have a problem I couldn't tell. On the tyre temp indicator the green was decreasing could this be wear? If so these were nearly gone by lap 6.

Great fun :)

Steve

TheReaper GT
31-08-2015, 17:33
It is wear ^^

beetes_juice
31-08-2015, 18:29
Well yeah it must. Because the whole reason we went to skype was because it helped MASSIVELY with lobby stability. More than 6-8 ppl using game chat meant constant boots, host freezes disconnects and lag. Using Skype that stuff happened significantly less.

More to the point, you saying you had no problems playing online without saying you used Skype leads ppl to believe game chat worked for you, which it didnt. So it's a conflicting report. Just trying to get all the info possible with these 'positive' posts so we know what's going on.

Jump into public lobbies using game chat and see how things go then, it seems the reports are mostly all the same +6 people, host loses communication with lobby, people can't hear everyone. But the stability seems much improved

I agree, game chat obviously needs to be fixed. Not all of us are in leagues or have a consistent friends list that are always on and willing to race/TT/practice.

I really don't think party chat helps though. With party you can always switch your chat channel to the game so the game chat is always there. Its not that the game noticed your in a party and does not load out the chat function, its still there.

Do think Skype helps though. From my understanding, with Skype you connect to the callers cpu so I guess that takes a load off of live? I dk but Skype does seem to help with league races.

Overall, I do think online stability improved with the new patch. Lag seems lower (really depends on who/where you play with) and a lot more "so and so left the session" rather then "so and so disconnected"

Just Another Frog
31-08-2015, 18:41
I'll have to talk to my fellow moderators how we'll deal with this...

BTW, Debyshire?

You need a hot un-fix to make the lobbies dead rubbish again so that way nobody else has the cheek to come on these boards posting 'good times' comments.

The only real minor issue is the stutter when other racers connect but it's not really that big a deal because it can't happen during the race. Apart from that it was excellent. Haha, I didn't even complain to myself when I had to do an 8 minute lap on three wheels after whacking the wall on the last bend at the Nurburgring GP... All good fun :)

Yes, Derbyshire. Pinxton is home of Boris The Frog... Feel free to google map NG16 6PD and call in for a virtual cup of coffee.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 18:42
I agree, game chat obviously needs to be fixed. Not all of us are in leagues or have a consistent friends list that are always on and willing to race/TT/practice.

I really don't think party chat helps though. With party you can always switch your chat channel to the game so the game chat is always there. Its not that the game noticed your in a party and does not load out the chat function, its still there.

Do think Skype helps though. From my understanding, with Skype you connect to the callers cpu so I guess that takes a load off of live? I dk but Skype does seem to help with league races.

Overall, I do think online stability improved with the new patch. Lag seems lower (really depends on who/where you play with) and a lot more "so and so left the session" rather then "so and so disconnected"

Skype definitely helps, but Party chat helped massively too. It seemed just as long as you weren't using Game chat it was a huge help.

But last night in game chat 12 of us. The game didn't crash or boot people at random, we just couldn't hear one another. So it's a bit better

Oliver Rademacher
31-08-2015, 18:51
...and it goes on...
I Know u work hard on it - but its really annoying...
For every half centimeter on Timetrial over the green you get disqualified...
IT SU*** - especially @ my favorite "NORDschleife" course...
5/6 ready and than you cut some blade of grass and could start again...?!

PLS work on that problem - THX DUDES!

SENNABOY1
31-08-2015, 19:03
having driven project cars now since the day it came out,it has well and truly grown on me,not played or driven on any other racing games since,
but before project cars came out i was living eating and sleeping forza 5,which at that time i thought was the best thing since sliced bread,
got the handling sorted on most of the really difficult supercars,
this made me think there was no better feeling of true racing,until friday evening i thought,lets play forza again,
now i dont know if its because i do have a simulator or not that i felt such a huge monumentus difference,
throttle response feel was so different which was the first i noticed,i hated it in fact,the lamboghini that i loved and drove for so long was no longer nice to drive,
and a few other small issues,braking feel on the pedal,understeer,etc etc
but i believe that with the controller i wouldnt have noticed this big difference,just my view.ive never played this with a controller,
so straight away went back on p cars,
wow,made me realize what a simulator this really is,perfect in every way,

tclancey
31-08-2015, 19:27
As one of the people who asked for tyre wear and laps per fuel load information, I would like to say THANK YOU (Big Smiley Face!)

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 19:34
Yeah, when it's hooked up and behaving it's damn rewarding.

AdM1
31-08-2015, 19:45
having driven project cars now since the day it came out,it has well and truly grown on me,not played or driven on any other racing games since,
but before project cars came out i was living eating and sleeping forza 5,which at that time i thought was the best thing since sliced bread,
got the handling sorted on most of the really difficult supercars,
this made me think there was no better feeling of true racing,until friday evening i thought,lets play forza again,
now i dont know if its because i do have a simulator or not that i felt such a huge monumentus difference,
throttle response feel was so different which was the first i noticed,i hated it in fact,the lamboghini that i loved and drove for so long was no longer nice to drive,
and a few other small issues,braking feel on the pedal,understeer,etc etc
but i believe that with the controller i wouldnt have noticed this big difference,just my view.ive never played this with a controller,
so straight away went back on p cars,
wow,made me realize what a simulator this really is,perfect in every way,

Same man I loved Forza through 3/4/5 and went back to it after playing PC for a few months and it felt awful, I'm properly gutted tbh both games give me a lot of enjoyment in their own way but I'm not sure I can accustom myself to the physics Forza has to offer, fingers crossed FM6 delivers and I can get into it.

Scav3nger
03-09-2015, 15:03
Not sure I like the state the non-racing part of the game is in after this patch, custom lobbies were an absolute pain to set up, people couldn't join on the host or members already in the lobby. Other members in the lobby couldn't invite, only the host. Players weren't able to join beyond like, two at a time after receiving invites or one of them would receive a notification telling them the session was full (even though we only had nine drivers in the lobby at its peak). All issues that have started since 3.0 for multiplayer.

And I'm not even sure why Community Events and Time Trials are locked out for me, at this point I'm not sure I even want to ask what's up with that, can all just be answered with #justpCARSthings

staer90
03-09-2015, 16:34
but I've suttering online when they are close to a machine?

B0yc1e
04-09-2015, 10:47
Hey hey, first of all thank you SMS for sorting driver network profile. Since patch 3.0 I still have some old gripes and some new, cleo still glitching at snett. Cleo final drive now permanently locked ? And for the first time tuning setups not saving. Will this title remain a casserole of nonsense on Xbox until November (massive Xbox update) ?.

nissan4ever
04-09-2015, 11:41
Let's see. I completely deleted everything off my console & cloud (first time), the day patch 3.0 was released. Re-downloaded everything & started my profile over. I then decided to remove all unnecessary apps from my console. Besides mandatory system apps. I only got Netflix, ESPN & YouTube. Console is set to power saver. I occasionally clear blue-ray memory. Hard restart once a week.

My experience with Project CARS after patch 3.0 have been fantastic. I race in helmet cam view. I have the cockpit mirrors set to off (cars physical rear view mirror & side mirrors). I use HUD rear view mirror only. No screen surges of on screen action (only occasional screen tearing). Of course in Solo Quick Race Weekend, I keep AI grid no higher than 23. In career, game has been running real smooth.

I just wish the AI grid didn't go higher than 23. For the sake of the speed of on screen action, in some cases. Especially when the grid is 31 or higher (I'm assuming I'll encounter grids that large the further I go in career). On screen action is running slower with Max grids vs running 23 or lower grids. I definitely prefer my lap times to be the same at a track. Regardless if I'm alone or running with up to 23 AI cars (some cases 29 is fine, depends on circuit). Unfortunately, your lap times are slower, especially with max grids above 30.

All tunes are saving correctly. Glad to be getting correct tire pressure in the pits now. Tire wear & fuel estimation are great additions. The improved tires on certain vehicles are a pure treat. I actually now enjoy driving the FWD & Caterham's. A true treat with dynamic weather and time of day.

My TX has been performing well with this patch. I've been running FFB 75 & Tire Force 80. The only thing that isn't default for the rest of the settings are....
Throttle deadzone is 0 & sensitivity is 30.

I've been using Jack Spade's latest spreadsheet version. Running SopLateral Mix chart. Love the slight tweaks to the chart numbers. Really has the wheel feeling great. Absolute joy to drive with the TX on Project CARS.

I created several lobbies this week. Everything was nice and smooth. I purposely set the max grid to 8 cars. Got the usual stutter when someone joins the session. The most that joined were 4. They usually didn't stay. I know why. Lobby was Silverstone National in Rain, with new GT Mustang from DLC. All assists were forced off & forced cockpit view. Most that came & left, were slipping n' sliding. A few racers did just fine.

There are only 2 things I have problems with. The unfortunate sound glitch & tire compound not being changed while pitting. Other than that, very solid & fun sim racing game.

I'm personally looking forward to all DLC cars and tracks. Whether it's free or paid.

chastewand
04-09-2015, 12:45
After deleting everything and re-installing and hard resetting patch 3 has got the game running much better, I've had no crashing to dashboard that others have been reporting. I have even gone back to playing career again after abandoning it around patch 1.4. Can't comment on the open wheel AI which needed improving but LMP2 is now great! Just wish the career races were longer... I'm liking the new telemetry and fuel estimations. Patch 3 has certainly been worth the wait on the xbone.

My only complaints are that in practice sessions (career and quick race) when pitting I loose all brake temp on the exit of the pits when manual control is regained. Does not affect race pit stops, brake temp is maintained. So far I have only driven LMP2 cars so don't know if it affects other classes. Also I did a 45 lap race at Monza which I calculated would be a 1 stop strategy for fuel and soft tyres. All the AI cars pitted twice unfortunatly so I won the race easily by 55 seconds. AI pit strategies may need to be tweaked, but I'll only know as I play more... Another thing I noticed is that tyre temps don't rise as I'd expect due to wheelspin, lock ups, and big sideways moments. Infact they stay pretty much the same from what I can tell but it's rather difficult to watch the telemetry whilst fighting the car!

On the whole a big improvement - well done SMS! Never played online but after reading all the feedback it looks like its time to try... I am now beginning to enjoy the game, bring on more improvements in patch 4...

The game is getting to where it needed to be at launch and gives me some confidence that PCars2 will be worth the investment.

Umer Ahmad
04-09-2015, 13:40
The Tyre temps represent something deeper in the tyre carcass, not the surface temperatures. Project CARS can actually report tyre temperatures at 3 different depths and what is shown in the telemetry is not the surface temp.

chastewand
04-09-2015, 15:01
The Tyre temps represent something deeper in the tyre carcass, not the surface temperatures. Project CARS can actually report tyre temperatures at 3 different depths and what is shown in the telemetry is not the surface temp.

Thanks for clarifying the tyre temps.

Plato99
04-09-2015, 19:50
first taste of 3.0 today after being on holiday. Love it. Tyre indicators much better, AI seems to have gotten a lot more skilful!!
Whole thing feels a lot more "solid" and dare I say "complete"?
Just need the original Spa now please, as promised. :)

nissan4ever
05-09-2015, 08:04
My absolute final thought on Patch 3.0 ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWrm5jSqnfY

Yup, I'm the white BMW. Was from career race early this morning. Yes, I did say that at the end of the clip (Just for you Raven403 & ADM1 ;)).

FIA
05-09-2015, 12:34
i think the overall feel of the game is so much better now there are some little bits here and there that need little fix
but will most likely get sorted soon.. some locks still happen in the create a lobby like setting qualifying and practice options yes or no locked, sometimes...
some delay in the lobby with tracks not matching the race in lobby lists, this most of the time, replays are lots better too, so its all good, game is solid now and good to play....

DiabloSandwich
05-09-2015, 16:25
I;ve just had to delete everything and re-install due to the setup save bug ,it seems like I must have hit some limit for how many you can have saved.
Hopefully a fresh install,and never choosing "save to all" will result in me not having to abandon seasons worth of lost single player progress.......

I also spent about 2 hours writing all my settings down too - having to do this SUCKS

nissan4ever
05-09-2015, 16:35
DiabloSandwich, when you think about it, there is no point in saving to all circuit layouts anyway. I know I did when I got the game, for the sake of the FFB. However, will anybody actually drive all the cars, at all the different circuit layouts? I know I won't ;) Everyone will definitely have their set rotation for sure. With some occasionally runs on other circuits. Definitely not every car at every track layout.

DiabloSandwich
05-09-2015, 16:42
It depends how much you play I guess,but there surely shouldnt be a limit on memory for setup files? (if it is this that is causing the problem)

nissan4ever
05-09-2015, 16:47
I wish we had the option of whether or not we wanted to have our save synced in the cloud. We had that option/choice on Xbox 360.

TheReaper GT
05-09-2015, 16:48
I wish we had the option of whether or not we wanted to have our save synced in the cloud. We had that option/choice on Xbox 360.

That would solve a lot of problems in a lot of games.

Chris Shakespeare
06-09-2015, 02:11
STILL got crazy sound bugs

Schooner
07-09-2015, 04:27
Still have the sound issues but seems not as often.

noxides360
07-09-2015, 13:43
Me too. Still have the sound bug.

TheReaper GT
07-09-2015, 14:48
STILL got crazy sound bugs

Still have the sound issues but seems not as often.

That's because this patch was not supposed to solve the sound problem. It's a sdk issue and all games using the seventh core have it. It will be solved with sdk / system update.

Plato99
08-09-2015, 10:28
Been giving v3.0 a bit of a bash over the past couple of days (inspired by the trip to BTCC at Rockingham on Sunday!!)
Got to say, SMS have almost "nailed it" now. Plays brilliantly. 30 laps around Dubai (Euurgghh!!) in Formula B last night. Great great racing with the AI. The tyre wear indicator is brilliant and worth the wait alone.
However I seem to have an issue with tyres. No matter what I select in the mandatory pitstop, I always end up with Soft Compound Toyos!

KkDrummer
08-09-2015, 10:42
Been giving v3.0 a bit of a bash over the past couple of days (inspired by the trip to BTCC at Rockingham on Sunday!!)
Got to say, SMS have almost "nailed it" now. Plays brilliantly. 30 laps around Dubai (Euurgghh!!) in Formula B last night. Great great racing with the AI. The tyre wear indicator is brilliant and worth the wait alone.
However I seem to have an issue with tyres. No matter what I select in the mandatory pitstop, I always end up with Soft Compound Toyos!

yeah...this is a bug with the tire selection...no matter what you do you end up on soft tires....it is worth noting that certain cars only have 3 types of tires: slick (dry), inters and wet...some others offer more tire choices...

Plato99
08-09-2015, 11:21
Yep, I have choices but that darn wheezy guy with the big lollipop must have some kind of commission agreement on soft Toyos !! :)