PDA

View Full Version : How does that work? what'd I miss?

Skrillex
28-08-2015, 06:36
So I'm on my last race for the Formula A career season running at the 24 hrs of LeMans track. I qualified 4th. I'm thinking ok 4th isn't bad I can probably get 2 spots before lap 1 is done, let's roll with it. So I click on continue to race. It loads up I'm getting ready to click on drive when I noticed my starting position is 9th! WHAT?! Is there some type of provisional that if your leading in points going into the last race that you start 5 positions back from where you qualified? I don't understand what happened there.

And yes it did say 4th in qualifying because I always look at the times of those in front of me to see how far off I am from the leaders. So what happened? How does a 4th place qualifying effort equate to a 9th place starting spot? Has this happened to anyone else?

QPRLad
28-08-2015, 14:02
how many cars do you race with? maybe you were looking at the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th fastest times. Or did you press triagle to view the top times?

Skrillex
28-08-2015, 15:57
I pressed triangle to get to the top times list and I was 4th only .150 behind pole sitter. Which is ironic because during the race I finished where I should have started from mostly because I was starting so far back and I had the fastest lap.

QPRLad
28-08-2015, 16:11
Did you simulate time forward at any stage!? Apparently, in previous months people have simmed to the end of the session and AI have pulled out some really quick times. I'm not so sure though, I haven't experienced it.

Skrillex
28-08-2015, 17:38
Nope ran the whole qualifying session. The game stopped me once I crossed the start/ finish line.