PDA

View Full Version : After patch 3.0 game crashing to Xbox dash.

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 10:18
OK I've not played PCar's for a month or so because of the issues but I read the patch was now out so I download patch 3.0 this morning and went to have a go at continuing my career and here we go half way through the second lap at Silverstone the game crashed to Xbox dash, OK I thought just clear everything do a hard reset and start again.

Nope, started a race at Donington in the ginetta and all was going well until it started to rain and guess what,,, crashed back to Xbox dash.

I give up honestly I've had enough.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 10:30
Have you deleted your save game? Some people have reported, deleting it makes a difference. I haven't got the patch yet as I'm at work but I really DON'T want to delete my save game in order to get the patch to work as it should.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38095-PATCH-3-0-your-opinions/page5

Boskapongen
28-08-2015, 10:38
Same issue on PS4 after 3.0. Seems to be related to "old 2.0" data.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37281-PS4-Crash-to-Home-Screen-After-Patch-3-0

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 10:45
I may delete it completely and re-install it but try to keep my save game some how.

xsomnivmx
28-08-2015, 10:49
I may delete it completely and re-install it but try to keep my save game some how.

On xbox one you can uninstall games separated form the save file.

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 10:54

I'd say you should keep your game save, but uninstall/reinstall the game and then delete old pit strategies....it should minimize the chance of crashing to the dashboard...

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 11:01
Only thing I'm thinking of deleting at the moment is this game from my collection, seriously you should have to delete your intire game save in the hope you get to play the game, this is ridiculous.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 11:04
Only thing I'm thinking of deleting at the moment is this game from my collection, seriously you should have to delete your intire game save in the hope you get to play the game, this is ridiculous.

Can legal action not be taken (i.e. Trading Standards) for something that still doesn't work properly 4 months (or whatever months) down the line? I know that you can't return a game once the seal is broken (at least that's Game's policy).

On xbox one you can uninstall games separated form the save file.

Thanks. I'll do that then if I experience a crash but if I have to delete my save game to get this game working, I can see myself getting banned from here with a few choice words for SMS. The general consensus so far, with every patch is delete everything and reinstall clean to get the game working but why should we have to do this? I've deleted 2 save games so far previously with previous patches to get the game to work as it should. Not doing it for a third time. That's ridiculous.

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 11:04
So patch 3.0 is a load of crap then.....

Well done SMS

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 11:50
Can legal action not be taken (i.e. Trading Standards) for something that still doesn't work properly 4 months (or whatever months) down the line? I know that you can't return a game once the seal is broken (at least that's Game's policy).

Thanks. I'll do that then if I experience a crash but if I have to delete my save game to get this game working, I can see myself getting banned from here with a few choice words for SMS. The general consensus so far, with every patch is delete everything and reinstall clean to get the game working but why should we have to do this? I've deleted 2 save games so far previously with previous patches to get the game to work as it should. Not doing it for a third time. That's ridiculous.

Same here I've had to delete twice now I'm not doing it again, the last two times it didn't sort the problem.

Every patch just brings with it more problems, mate has just rang me up he's having the same problem really SMS this is beyond a joke.

TNTNitro
28-08-2015, 12:17
After 3.0, the dlc racing icons uninstalls alone. No matter how many times I install + hard reset. I'm deleting the game to see if fix

in the choice of cars and tracks, sometimes it's all empty without names.

moeder_theresa
28-08-2015, 13:29
I am done with this game. Luckely Forza is coming sept 10th. :cool:

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 13:39
Can confirm the game crashes to the dashboard:

25h Green Hell set to 1%=2hrs. Hit a barrier in an Audi R8 road car after more than half the distance, game crashed immediately back to dashboard.
Endurance LMP1 Silverstone. Game crashed back to dashboard by pressing A to move on to the race after qualifying.

Sound stutter issue worse than ever. screen freeze bug returned

EMW Grogan
28-08-2015, 13:48
After 3.0, the dlc racing icons uninstalls alone. No matter how many times I install + hard reset. I'm deleting the game to see if fix

in the choice of cars and tracks, sometimes it's all empty without names.

Does this for me too, but it did it after patch 2.0 as well

Now i have Time Trial and Driver network permanently locked, ( with a padlock picture ) even after 3 hard resets

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 13:51
Does this for me too, but it did it after patch 2.0 as well

Now i have Time Trial and Driver network permanently locked, ( with a padlock picture ) even after 3 hard resets

My time trial was unlocked, had a look into the leaderboards, they are mostly untouched and virgin. So you should get access soon too.

Lagoa
28-08-2015, 13:56
I think I'm going to put the game aside aswell for a while, until next patch. Won't be buying forza tho, seems kinda boring. So will wait untill this game is perfect :P

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 14:00
So patch 3.0 is a load of crap then.....

Well done SMS

SMH, did you even download it? Seems to be working for many others.

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 14:37
SMH, did you even download it? Seems to be working for many others.

Does it matter if i have or haven't the fact that it's crashing XBox'es answers quite a bit. We have waited for this patch along with others to fix a broken game and it can't be defended anymore.

While it may be working for others it also isnt for others so again it's a shit patch that has created more issues...

I suppose the SMS nuthuggers will continue to sign the praise...

Maybe a little search will show how many issues with the latest patch

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 14:44
nope the game does not crash to the dashboard.....how many xbox people have reported this issue? it may happen like it's happened since the beginning, but not like the issue PS4 is experiencing....it's never crashed to me though, but I know has happened to others so I will not deny its existence...I just don't 3.0 made worse...

Haiden
28-08-2015, 14:47
Same problem occurs with the PS4 verison. Although, I've only experienced 2 crashes in two weeks of daily playing, both on the same day, and the console had started from sleep mode. A seemed to fix the problem. That said, 3.0 had just came out when I got my PS4, so it was the first and only patch to be applied. That might make a difference. When I play the Xb1 version of PCars, I always shut the console down after a gaming session. The instant on mode, just causes problems.

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 14:47
U
Does it matter if i have or haven't the fact that it's crashing XBox'es answers quite a bit. We have waited for this patch along with others to fix a broken game and it can't be defended anymore.

While it may be working for others it also isnt for others so again it's a shit patch that has created more issues...

Ok,then yes put the game down then.

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 14:52
nope the game does not crash to the dashboard.....how many xbox people have reported this issue? it may happen like it's happened since the beginning, but not like the issue PS4 is experiencing....it's never crashed to me though, but I know has happened to others so I will not deny its existence...I just don't 3.0 made worse...

Not made it any better though has it.

Patches are supposed to help, SMS patches don't seem to do that.

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 14:53
U

Ok,then yes put the game down then.

What you trying to say?

justonce68
28-08-2015, 15:24
I delete my saved data (not cloud) weekly and my game runs on the whole pretty sweet. I always hard reset before I attempt a long race also.
No consolation I know if you have genuine problems but for the time it takes to do its worth it.

justonce68
28-08-2015, 15:28
Games policy isn't legal. They are a retailer and if something is not fit for purpose (and I am not saying this game is, as mine I have no real issues with) the consumer is within his rights to a refund or replacement.

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 15:34

TBH, I think it does if your going to judge something before you try it out yourself.

I see two threads that relate to actual issues so far and not users issues. This one with some experiencing a dashboard and another with tire type not sticking.

D1rty Duck UK
28-08-2015, 15:48
TBH, I think it does if your going to judge something before you try it out yourself.

I see two threads that relate to actual issues so far and not users issues. This one with some experiencing a dashboard and another with tire type not sticking.

The thing is you don't know if I have or haven't tried the patch, you're assuming I haven't.

The two issues you have mentioned it two too many when the game has been out for this long. I appreciate SMS are trying to fix the issues but with every patch it creates more issues and creates more frustration for us the paying customer

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 15:53
Not made it any better though has it.

Patches are supposed to help, SMS patches don't seem to do that.

Well....if you wanna focus on the negative side of things yes you are right....for me, at this moment, the positives shine through the game making the negatives look like small issues, otherwise I would trade the game in straight away...

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 15:59
The thing is you don't know if I have or haven't tried the patch, you're assuming I haven't.

The two issues you have mentioned it two too many when the game has been out for this long. I appreciate SMS are trying to fix the issues but with every patch it creates more issues and creates more frustration for us the paying customer

Have you?

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 16:04

The game never crashed for me before I installed 3.0 . It did post 3.0

But I found the solution in a clean, proper reinstallation. That even wiped out the returned screen freeze and the sound stuttering (it still slightly exists but it is acceptable for me.)

At least so far after 1.5h of testing.
Btw I did not delete my save game.

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 16:14
OK update, I deleted my game install and reinstalled from scratch and started a new profile ( I did not delete my old progress profile) I started a new GT4 championship and so far apart from sound issues the game has not crashed.

I will update again once I've done more progress in this new championship.

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 16:17
OK update, I deleted my game install and reinstalled from scratch and started a new profile ( I did not delete my old progress profile) I started a new GT4 championship and so far apart from sound issues the game has not crashed.

I will update again once I've done more progress in this new championship.

fingers crossed! have fun1

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 16:21
fingers crossed! have fun1

It really starts to turn from frustration into fun (besides the setup save issue - I won't build any setups and drive the cars stock to avoid frustration on this point), the pit stops work as intended and the AI is behaving in a more "polite way". It even slows down when you are breaking early in front of a corner. In rain it seems to be slower too now.

SteelCurtain
28-08-2015, 17:21
First time poster, long time reader.

While I have also experienced the many issues to this point in the game prior to patch 3.0 (but still love the game enough to keep playing), post 3.0 I am now running into freezing/crashing not previously experienced.

Each time I have attempted to run time trial (only using Clio on Donington, if that helps), the game freezes/crashes when attempting to exit the session to go to the main menu.

Going to try what others are suggesting and do a fresh install/clear saves. Disappointed to do so, but if it gives me the great experience that some are having post 3.0 (fingers crossed), then it'll be worth it.

KkDrummer
28-08-2015, 17:28

While I have also experienced the many issues to this point in the game prior to patch 3.0 (but still love the game enough to keep playing), post 3.0 I am now running into freezing/crashing not previously experienced.

Each time I have attempted to run time trial (only using Clio on Donington, if that helps), the game freezes/crashes when attempting to exit the session to go to the main menu.

Going to try what others are suggesting and do a fresh install/clear saves. Disappointed to do so, but if it gives me the great experience that some are having post 3.0 (fingers crossed), then it'll be worth it.

good luck man!! lets us know how it goes!

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 17:40
The game never crashed for me before I installed 3.0 . It did post 3.0

But I found the solution in a clean, proper reinstallation. That even wiped out the returned screen freeze and the sound stuttering (it still slightly exists but it is acceptable for me.)

At least so far after 1.5h of testing.
Btw I did not delete my save game.

So what's a proper reinstallation then?

All DLC uninstalled game, uninstalled, re-installing now and then will get the patch when I launch the game.

Don't want to delete my save but that's a last resort. Not impressed SMS if a save game has to be deleted for a patch/game to work.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 18:06

Believe me, it is worth the time. Try to reinstall only first, if that doesn't work, you can delete the save game still. Good luck, fingers crossed.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 18:10
Quote of BMWE87 So what's a proper reinstallation then?

All DLC uninstalled game, uninstalled, re-installing now and then will get the patch when I launch the game.

Don't want to delete my save but that's a last resort. Not impressed SMS if a save game has to be deleted for a patch/game to work.

Uninstall the main game and all DLCs,
do a hard reset to clear the cache,
reinstall the game (if it is a disc it forces you to download 3GB before it starts to install the game to include the latest patch directly.

After completion download all your DLC stuff, it will install automatically. Do a hard reset and have fun. If you can live with the setup save fail for a while (until the next patch I hope), you don't need to erase your game save.

Ixoye56
28-08-2015, 18:18
Seems to work fine for me, only had some sound stuttering, but not as bad as before, (new install and fresh gamesave.)

Cholton82
28-08-2015, 18:19
Man I feel for you guys on xbone ! I have one but decided to buy Pcars on PS4 ! Hope you get it sorted soon as it's truly awesome !

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 18:23
So what's a proper reinstallation then?

Uninstall the main game and all DLCs,
do a hard reset to clear the cache,
reinstall the game (if it is a disc it forces you to download 3GB before it starts to install the game to include the latest patch directly.

After completion download all your DLC stuff, it will install automatically. Do a hard reset and have fun. If you can live with the setup save fail for a while (until the next patch I hope), you don't need to erase your game save.

I didn't get asked to download a 3gb patch before the install and yeah I can live without that :).

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 18:38
As everyone knows the PS4 has crash to blue screen issues after 3.0 as well. You are correct, you will not be asked to download 3.0. You must download 3.0 or the game will not install. I was hoping to play the game with 1.4 but not going to happen. I have now set up the PS4 not to auto download updates and I will watch the forums for comments about the new updates.

I think you misunderstood bud. I can install the game without downloading patch 3.0 but I know when I launch it I'll be asked to download it. My Xbox One doesn't auto download updates. It asks me first.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 18:48
Sorry about that, I did misunderstand.

Hey! No need to apologize! I wasn't that clear before! Hurry up and install already! :(.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 18:51
I think you misunderstood bud. I can install the game without downloading patch 3.0 but I know when I launch it I'll be asked to download it. My Xbox One doesn't auto download updates. It asks me first.

The game "forced" me by start of installation to download 3 GB of updates before it started to install. After completion it did not download any updates more. Maybe it makes a difference between the disc version and the digital edition?

Sergi01978
28-08-2015, 18:59
I've uninstalled the game (not the saves) and reinstalling now. It's taking years and the Wife's taken over the TV.
I've decided to get a bit drunk (a lot) and by the time its ready and Mrs goes to bed, I probably won't know if it's PC or fifa, let alone if the patch is good:rolleyes:

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 19:00
The game "forced" me by start of installation to download 3 GB of updates before it started to install. After completion it did not download any updates more. Maybe it makes a difference between the disc version and the digital edition?

I've got disc version, when I launched it it asked me but I said no because I wanted to re-install the game. I then uninstalled everything (DLC, Liveries, Game) and then re-installed. I assume It'll ask me for the patch to download when I launch it again.

SteelCurtain
28-08-2015, 19:01
Seems to work fine for me, only had some sound stuttering, but not as bad as before, (new install and fresh gamesave.)

I've finished my re-install after clearing saves, and my sound tearing is worse than ever for some reason. Glad yours is better, but it's odd there is so much inconsistency between users on this problem.

That being said, the freezing/crashing problems I had before re-installing are now gone. My setups are also now saving properly and not resetting every time I come into the pits (which was terribly annoying for trying to tweek setups).

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 19:05
I've got disc version, when I launched it it asked me but I said no because I wanted to re-install the game. I then uninstalled everything (DLC, Liveries, Game) and then re-installed. I assume It'll ask me for the patch to download when I launch it again.

lol, I said yes and it included the patch while installing - so no difference in the end.

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 19:08
I've finished my re-install after clearing saves, and my sound tearing is worse than ever for some reason. Glad yours is better, but it's odd there is so much inconsistency between users on this problem.

That being said, the freezing/crashing problems I had before re-installing are now gone. My setups are also now saving properly and not resetting every time I come into the pits (which was terribly annoying for trying to tweek setups).

Hard reboot after the clean install?

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 19:12
Same here game now playing OK so far after clean install but the sound is terrible.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 19:15

yes please sir

bobbylion
28-08-2015, 19:16
Man I feel for you guys on xbone ! I have one but decided to buy Pcars on PS4 ! Hope you get it sorted soon as it's truly awesome !

OK mate whatever, move on, GTPLanet has been full for the last 2 weeks telling PS4 users to reinstall due to crashes..... move on child..

Sergi01978
28-08-2015, 19:16
Same here game now playing OK so far after clean install but the sound is terrible.

What's up with the sound? Is this something new?

FOSTBITTEN
28-08-2015, 19:17
I want to get a clear answer here. If you install the patch & do not do anything other than just install 3.0 are you gonna get messed up 100% guaranteed or is it hit & miss?

So if you do install the patch with no cleaning of caches or wiping the game & all related game content from your hard drive and you have a problem with dashboarding, lock ups, freezing & night terrors. Are you screwed then from ever having the game work correctly until the next patch? Even after going back and trying to clear everything and start over from scratch?

Or after clearing everything out and downloading everything again are you good to go? Just trying to figure out what the best plan of attack will be.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 19:18

Hm, that's weird, lol. Did you hard reset the console after installing/updating?

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 19:20

What's happened now?

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 19:21
I want to get a clear answer here. If you install the patch & do not do anything other than just install 3.0 are you gonna get messed up 100% guaranteed or is it hit & miss?

So if you do install the patch with no cleaning of caches or wiping the game & all related game content from your hard drive and you have a problem with dashboarding, lock ups, freezing & night terrors. Are you screwed then from ever having the game work correctly until the next patch? Even after going back and trying to clear everything and start over from scratch?

Or after clearing everything out and downloading everything again are you good to go? Just trying to figure out what the best plan of attack will be.

Try to upgrade only first, you have got nothing to loose. If that fails, you still can delete and reinstall the game.
If even that fails you can erase the save game as a last option.

Don't forget to hard reset the console after each step.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 19:23
It's probably hit or miss. I installed the patch and went straight into the game. I didn't hard reset the box or reset FFB settings or anything except that I did recalibrate my wheel. Have had no trouble so far. But maybe I got lucky, who knows...

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 19:25
It's probably hit or miss. I installed the patch and went straight into the game. I didn't hard reset the box or reset FFB settings or anything except that I did recalibrate my wheel. Have had no trouble so far. But maybe I got lucky, who knows...

You defo got lucky mate :D

Sergi01978
28-08-2015, 19:25
Try to upgrade only first, you have got nothing to loose. If that fails, you still can delete and reinstall the game.
If even that fails you can erase the save game as a last option.

I miss the days when you just put the game in a console and played it!
Not gonna find out if I have won the PC lottery for hrs, and it's killing me.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 19:30
You defo got lucky mate :D

I was due for some good luck.

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 19:35
I miss the days when you just put the game in a console and played it!
Not gonna find out if I have won the PC lottery for hrs, and it's killing me.

Can't you tell your missus to go into the kitchen to regain the control of the TV? lol

Sergi01978
28-08-2015, 19:41
Can't you tell your missus to go into the kitchen to regain the control of the TV? lol

Plying her with booze! She'll either fall asleep or fancy a bit. ......hope she falls asleep:congratulatory:

Magracer
28-08-2015, 19:47
I down loaded the 3.0 patch, games runs for few minutes in calender mode, then crashes, returns to xb I start screen.
Please don't tell me to delete game agian.

Bealdor
28-08-2015, 19:48
Threads merged.

Ixoye56
28-08-2015, 20:16
I uninstalled everything + game save (everyware) reboot, set my Xbox "offline" install game from disc, reboot again (cold), set my xbox back online and download and install all of the DLC, cold reboot, start the game and install 3.0, and finally cold reboot.
PCars has never worked better for me :D

SteelCurtain
28-08-2015, 20:20

Did as you suggested, hard reboot then another clean install, and WOW what a difference. The sound tearing before was nearly every lap- just finished running about 25 laps around Dubai Int. with GT3 and not a single instance of sound tearing.

If this holds, this is incredible. The sound tearing was a minor detail, but it really killed the immersion for me.

Highly, highly recommend doing the hard reboot and clean re-install of the game. Hope others have the same success.

Magracer
28-08-2015, 20:24
Same issue, crashing to desktop, calendar mode. Deleted save did not help.

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 20:44

Didn't for my friend either, now his is crashing through career mode back to Xbox home screen every time he tries to play making the game 100% unplayable, he's ringing Microsoft in the morning for a refund, luckily mine so far after the clean install has be OK but if it starts again I'll sadly be doing the same you just can't carry on like this.

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 20:46
Weird..3.0 has made game for me quite good... I can now race online.Never could before.Love it

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 20:51

uninstall the game and all related DLCs - hard reset - reinstall the game - hard reset - apply the update and DLC content - hard reset - start the game - have fun

Boskapongen
28-08-2015, 20:53
Didn't for my friend either, now his is crashing through career mode back to Xbox home screen every time he tries to play making the game 100% unplayable, he's ringing Microsoft in the morning for a refund, luckily mine so far after the clean install has be OK but if it starts again I'll sadly be doing the same you just can't carry on like this.

Question: you and your friend, are u Xbox Preview members? Thinking that could be a problem, there are some issues if you are preview on the xbox.. just a thought,

bluesky0870
28-08-2015, 20:59
It is scary and spooky, a whole day without any issues (after reinstalling), endurance races with working pit stops, a way better behaving AI, that even is slowing down in the rain.
Unbelievable. I guess my bed is only in the sleeping room to protect the floor from becoming dusty for the next time. :D
It seems I experienced the 1st time today what the game was intentionally made for.

SteelCurtain
28-08-2015, 21:03
Did as you suggested, hard reboot then another clean install, and WOW what a difference. The sound tearing before was nearly every lap- just finished running about 25 laps around Dubai Int. with GT3 and not a single instance of sound tearing.

If this holds, this is incredible. The sound tearing was a minor detail, but it really killed the immersion for me.

Highly, highly recommend doing the hard reboot and clean re-install of the game. Hope others have the same success.

Unfortunately, I take this back now. Less than an hour later, freezing/crashing issues and sound tearing is back and frequent. I must say this is getting a bit frustrating.

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 21:32
Question: you and your friend, are u Xbox Preview members? Thinking that could be a problem, there are some issues if you are preview on the xbox.. just a thought,

No mate.

BMWE87
28-08-2015, 21:43
Patch 3.0 has reset my career and done some strange thing to my stats. I made a new thread. Not impressed.

Logan500
29-08-2015, 05:03
I have never had a crash to dashboard, nor any significant stability problems......that is, until this 3.0 update. Now it is completely unplayable. Crashes to dashboard every time before I can even get through the first turn. So every race now lasts maybe 5 to 8 seconds before boom, black screen and back to the dashboard. Ummm.....this isn't acceptable.

I have been totally addicted to this game, but this MAJOR bug needs to be fixed fast. Other games are coming (not the least of which is Forza 6), and an unplayable game will be quickly forgotten if it languishes like this.

DJJ0680
29-08-2015, 05:14
No problem with my copy or xb1 you must be doing somthing wrong

Rockefelluh
29-08-2015, 05:51

Yeah because if you have no issues then no one must either other than user errors.

bobbylion
29-08-2015, 05:53

Thats helpful....:rolleyes:

It effects only some people yes, but for the ones its effecting this is very real, me so far all is fine, no crashes. This has been all over GTPlanet with PS4 users, some people saying no problem other saying they have crashes. Either way the people with crashes need help, not posts telling them they are lying or "deal with it i'm alright Jack"...

Logan500
29-08-2015, 08:15
Thats helpful....:rolleyes:

It effects only some people yes, but for the ones its effecting this is very real, me so far all is fine, no crashes. This has been all over GTPlanet with PS4 users, some people saying no problem other saying they have crashes. Either way the people with crashes need help, not posts telling them they are lying or "deal with it i'm alright Jack"...

Thanks. You said what I was thinking. This is very definitely a real problem. I'm not one of those who always seems to have an issue or who constantly complains about this game. As I said, I have had no major issues until 3.0, and now there is a big one that makes it unplayable. The fact that the PS4 version is experiencing the same problem also indicates that it is not limited to the XB1. I've cold booted, which did nothing, but after seeing numerous messages from those who deleted, reinstalled, etc., only to see no improvement, I think I'm going to save the hassle and put it on the shelf until SMS fixes it.

nissan4ever
29-08-2015, 08:34
I've noticed something in the past. If you using a wheel & you got some real funky settings on it. That makes the game dashboard. When it's related to your wheel, it will dashboard after leaving pits in free practice mode. While heading out to the track, as soon as you hit manual mode, when you're supposed to be given control of your car.

So here's a simple suggestion. Recalibrate your wheel in game. On the Force Feedback Calibration Screen, Everything Default, except the Tire Force number.

I had experienced this a while before, one day after patch 2.0. Then it did it once yesterday. Which lead instantly to me putting my wheel settings back to default. Me personally. My wheel is FFB 100 & Tire Force 75, everything else is default (on Force Feedback Calibration Screen).

This may be what some people might be experiencing,perhaps.

I Swissie I
30-08-2015, 23:11
I haven't played in a quite a while and figured I'd see how it runs with the new patch. I tried some free practice and I can't even get out of the pits before the game crashes. This is very much my style of racing game so I really wish it would succeed, but on the technical end it's been a rather big disappointment.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 09:52
I haven't played in a quite a while and figured I'd see how it runs with the new patch. I tried some free practice and I can't even get out of the pits before the game crashes. This is very much my style of racing game so I really wish it would succeed, but on the technical end it's been a rather big disappointment.

I've not been able to play since patch 3.0 dropped, the game just crashes back to dash, I've tried reinstall, completely wiping my saves but nothing fixes this problem. The game now is completely unplayable for me yet I get accused of coming in here and moaning seriously what do you expect.

InfectedJerk
31-08-2015, 10:03
On my end here, downloaded all patches and have never had to delete my saved data or anything.

wraithsrike
31-08-2015, 10:16
On my end here, downloaded all patches and have never had to delete my saved data or anything.

It's strange, I had 8 mates Inc me move over from forza to project car's 7 of us Inc myself have had nothing but problems but one friend has had hardly any issues at all.

6 have now returned the game I'm keeping mine in hope that one-day I'll be able to play but all have returned back to forza now for our race nights.

Dastrojan
31-08-2015, 10:40
OK I've not played PCar's for a month or so because of the issues but I read the patch was now out so I download patch 3.0 this morning and went to have a go at continuing my career and here we go half way through the second lap at Silverstone the game crashed to Xbox dash, OK I thought just clear everything do a hard reset and start again.

Nope, started a race at Donington in the ginetta and all was going well until it started to rain and guess what,,, crashed back to Xbox dash.

I give up honestly I've had enough.

I'm having the exact same damn problem. I haven't had my console for a while (problems getting repaired) and then really long shifts at work, etc so for a while I haven't been on the console much at all. However, I've got my console back, work has returned back to normal and I noticed it Project cars updated, so I played it again to see whats changed and to my surprise, what's new is that it crashes..... constantly. I am honestly not the type of person to put others down or belittle other people, but I've really had enough of this game. It's a brilliant game, a gritty dirty racing sim which is fantastic fun. But with the controller issues at launch, other glitches I've experienced and now this. It really is unacceptable, and someone must be sleeping in the quality control and testing and they need to get the sack! I don't mind a few bugs occasionally, especially at launch as they normally get fixed along the way, but this game always seems to have something wrong with it. I've tried reinstalling it, deleting everything from saved games, DLC, and the game and then reinstalling it. Still have the same problem. I'm so disappointed with this game, brilliant game but rubbish implementation. For now Forza 6 is due soon so I'll go back to Forza.

InfectedJerk
31-08-2015, 10:47
i was once a big forza nut. there is just something about project cars that has me hooked. sad thing though, i havent really done one online race yet cause i dont know many people that like this kind of racing.

Dastrojan
31-08-2015, 11:28
Well I've just deleted my saved game and started a new game. It does so far appear to have worked, however I'm not happy. I had put a few hours into this game, and to delete it all because it's not playing nice with the latest update is annoying.

MMM1978
01-09-2015, 11:46
After update 3.0, and hard rest like usual. I now get this.

Anyone else?

I've held off criticizing this game for so long, as i just want to play it and love it, but seriously, this is the worse game i have ever come across for bugs! At the start when it was the odd frame rate and sound glitch, it wasn't that bad, but the pit stop tire bug that ruins games mid race, and now this.... :(

wraithsrike
01-09-2015, 12:26
Do a search mate its been reported by many many people now along with a whole list of other issues.

nissan4ever
01-09-2015, 12:26
No, I don't experience getting kicked back to dashboard at any point. When playing after Patch 3.0.

bobbylion
01-09-2015, 12:28
No, I don't experience getting kicked back to dashboard at any point. When playing after Patch 3.0.

So it never happens then and OP and others are lying?

Its precisely your answer as to why SMS will get away with this in PCars2...

nissan4ever
01-09-2015, 12:29
So it never happens then and OP and others are lying?

Its precisely your answer as to why SMS will get away with this in PCars2...

I answered his question. He asked if anyone else experiences that particular problem after patch 3.0. I have not experienced it, & I answered him.

Care to point out where I called him or anyone a liar by the way?

Bealdor
01-09-2015, 12:29
Threads merged.

Raven403
01-09-2015, 12:34
I answered his question. He asked if anyone else experiences that particular problem after patch 3.0. I have not experienced it, & I answered him.

Care to point out where I called him or anyone a liar by the way?

Well because you responded ssying it's fine. Thus rendering your response moot. He asked if anyone else HAD the problem, you dont. I haven't had it either so I wouldn't respond. Think that's what he means

nissan4ever
01-09-2015, 12:36
Well because you responded ssying it's fine. Thus rendering your response moot. He asked if anyone else HAD the problem, you dont. I haven't had it either so I wouldn't respond. Think that's what he means
He asked "anyone else". That's a yes or no question. I answered his question, no I haven't.

Raven403
01-09-2015, 12:40
He asked "anyone else". That's a yes or no question. I answered his question, no I haven't.

OK. sure, But you know as well as pretty much everyone on here that he is far from alone in his issue. SO why tell him you dont have a problem and make him think he is. I get you try and Spin all the negative stuff and fight it with never ending praise, but alot of people are having the same issue. IM not either, I duno why maybe cuz I have it on external drive, I have no clue but thats why I wouldnt tell someone I dont have it when alot of other peolpe on This and PS4 do have the problem. Just point him in the right direction to get answers

nissan4ever
01-09-2015, 12:45
You just missing the point Raven. I told him I don't experience that particular issue. I answered his "anyone else?". I do not try to put no spin on negative things. I like the game, yes. Do I go out my way to praise it, no.

The only problem I experience now is the sound stutter issue. We both know that some do & some don't experience that. Same with the whole dashboard crash.

Raven403
01-09-2015, 12:48
I like the game, yes. Do I go out my way to praise it, no.

Agree to Disagree on this

But thats fine im not arguing the Merrits of your post, just explaining why some people might give you guff for it.

I am also still experiencing the Stutter issue. Dont think that will ever go away at this rate tho.

Id be more than happy to make an Xbox clip every time it happens if that helps, although I cant imagine its hard to reproduce

nissan4ever
01-09-2015, 12:50
Agree to Disagree on this

But thats fine im not arguing the Merrits of your post, just explaining why some people might give you guff for it.

I don't care about bobbylion giving me guff for answering a question, with what I experienced. He will be alright. Just shouldn't throw in I'm calling people a liar, when I never said anything remotely close to that.

By me answering the question & my setup in my signature. That can help the dev. Everyone should put their set up in their signature. Seeing how everyone doesn't experience the same thing.

MMM1978
01-09-2015, 14:05
brilliant... searched, looked into it.... deleted game and reinstalled.... played again .... booted out to dashboard before id even completed a lap. So i now have to delete all my saved data do i? This really is a shambles :/

chastewand
01-09-2015, 22:47
Went on holiday before the patch dropped, now I'm back and reading this. Doesn't sound good!

My career was broken so I think I'll delete / unistall everything and start again. Fingers crossed for an improved experience though I feel cheated as I bought this broken game on day one and now the price drop. Suffice to say there is no way I'll buy PCars2 on launch.

Will post again when I've wasted some more of my life tweaking a game that should have worked from the beginning...