PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 Pits Bugs

flamingA
07-05-2015, 23:47
Hello everyone,

Would like to start off I'm having a great time racing and tuning in Project Cars. But there is one particular bug that is taking away some of the good vibes I've had with Project Cars so far. This bug is what I like to call the "pitstop bug". Every single time I go in for a pitstop nothing is happening. I drive into the pitlane, select my fuel refill and tyres, and then I park up. Then the pitstop motion takes place, but nothing is happening to the car. I exit the pitstop without my extra fuel and without fresh rubber underneath my car. This is highly frustrating as I like doing long distance racing. So I'm forced to start with 40liters of fuel and forced to keep racing with the same tyres, eventually wearing them out. This influences my laptimes and race in a way I can't accept. Lots of times I'm forced to quit the race because of an empty fuel tank or a car that is Impossible to handle due to the old tyres that aren't being replaced.

Would love to see this problem patched as soon as possible.

Rockefelluh
08-05-2015, 02:27
So...what you're saying is I shouldn't attemp the 24 hr challenge yet? :p

Do you know if this is a widespread problem?

turbohondaej1
08-05-2015, 05:05
Are you in practice? I saw some place else it was only in practice.

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 05:47
Are you sure doing it right?

Some Career Series has restrictions like in Real Life... (E.g No Refueling etc.)
Or second case, when the sign Pitbox is occupied shows up then your Box Place is serving another driver...

flamingA
08-05-2015, 10:35
Are you sure doing it right?

Some Career Series has restrictions like in Real Life... (E.g No Refueling etc.)
Or second case, when the sign Pitbox is occupied shows up then your Box Place is serving another driver...

I know that in certain classes I can't refuel, like in my current GT3 championship for example. But the tyres aren't being replaced. I select soft tyres and I drive out with tyres that are "green", indicating that they are on optimal temperature. At first I didn't pay attention to it, until 2-3 laps later they tun red. I always do 5-9 laps on one set of soft slicks. So That's why I'm pretty sure the pitstop isn't working. They're putting the same tyres back onto my car, what a cruel joke.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 10:39
I know that in certain classes I can't refuel, like in my current GT3 championship for example. But the tyres aren't being replaced. I select soft tyres and I drive out with tyres that are "green", indicating that they are on optimal temperature. At first I didn't pay attention to it, until 2-3 laps later they tun red. I always do 5-9 laps on one set of soft slicks. So That's why I'm pretty sure the pitstop isn't working. They're putting the same tyres back onto my car, what a cruel joke.

Please make sure to save your adjusted pit strategy AND set it to active in the pit manager.

flamingA
08-05-2015, 11:11
Please make sure to save your adjusted pit strategy AND set it to active in the pit manager.
Have done that already, doesn't help.

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:13
Do all tires get red? If yes this could mean that you got rain tires instead.

Siberian Tiger
08-05-2015, 11:16
And most Series will give you pre Heated Tires...

flamingA
08-05-2015, 11:29
Do all tires get red? If yes this could mean that you got rain tires instead.

The rear tyres always go first, since they suffer more of wear. But I'm sensing that you two are convinced that it is because of something I'm doing wrong :-D So I'll look into it, and do some tests with different tyres ;-)

Bealdor
08-05-2015, 11:33
The rear tyres always go first, since they suffer more of wear. But I'm sensing that you two are convinced that it is because of something I'm doing wrong :-D So I'll look into it, and do some tests with different tyres ;-)

No, not really. I just want to find out the root of the problem. Could as well be a bug. :)

Bambus
08-05-2015, 13:40
It's impossible to know what tyres are on you car after you come out of pit. An update that lets you see what compound your running on HUD or UI would be really helpful :)

flamingA
09-05-2015, 00:02
Hello everyone, I'm back here after doing some research on the pitstop issues I've been experiencing. First and for all, I can confirm that I'm not the only one experiencing the problem with the tire changes not happening during a pitstop. The same tyres get put back on the car, you drive out of the pit with the exact same, worn out tyres that were already on the car. Resulting in a dramatic drop in laptimes in the later stages of a race, or simply making a car undrivable.

I did some tests with the pitstop system such as starting on soft slicks or medium/hard, and then coming into the pit and requesting the same type of tyre. It doesn't matter if I use my presave pitstop slots or make a new one when I enter the pits. The result is always the same --> I leave the pits with the same set of tyres I already had underneath my car.

Some people and me were also doing a race on Imola, suddenly it starts to rain so we all head to the pits at the end of our lap. The result was that we didn't have a chance to select the tire compound we want. The pitboxes we had to use were at the front entrance of the pit straight, so you drive in and the crew immediately started doing the last activated pitstop strategy. So we all left with slicks, and oh yeah, those were the slicks we already had on when we entered the pitlane... Even one of the people didn't manage to leave the pit, he was stuck in the pit animation (without a mechanic losing a wheelnut).

So basically it's very frustrating since pitstops are a valuable segment of real-life racing, and I would love to enjoy the thrills and spills of pitstop strategy in Project Cars. Unfortunately there is no fun in having to do pitstops that don't work. It's frustrating having to shorten the lenght of races because of the fact that you won't make it on your tyres. It's frustrating that a valuable mechanic such as a pitstop is not working properly, which makes me wonder in what state the game was around november 2014, we're 6 months later now...

So last but not least, is SMS going to look into this ASAP? Will we, the community for who this game was developed, start getting patches and information about the status of the patches' progress? I'm also specifically looking to the social media part of Project Cars, it would be great to have a technical issues Twitter page where we can channel our complaints to. That way SMS can spread a collective message to everyone interested trough the power of Twitter. It also makes it more easy to collect data for SMS about Project Cars issues trough a mass media channel instead of a forum.

Sorry for the rant and my broken English. I wish everyone here a great weekend, have fun racing, because after all it's a fun game to play. But even in may 2015, released too soon.

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 00:52
Yes guys, sorry about these issues. Pitstops development is still on-going (one of the reasons you don't see the full crew). Please do continue to report these problems so the programmers can review your notes and procedures. Thanks.

mccauleycr7
09-05-2015, 17:31
Am having the same problems! I set my fuel to 30 on a 17 lap race and I still ran out of fuel? Has this happened to anybody?

Bealdor
09-05-2015, 19:20
Am having the same problems! I set my fuel to 30 on a 17 lap race and I still ran out of fuel? Has this happened to anybody?

What car and track? GT3 cars for example need ~2.5L per lap on a track like Barcelona. 30L won't cut it then.
Do some practice laps and read on the motec how much fuel you need per lap or calculate by yourself.

flamingA
12-05-2015, 11:41
Hello everyone,

we're almost a week into the game now and I must say I've had some brilliant races in SP and MP. Adrenaline pumping, my hands sweating on the wheel, my brains in overdrive while keeping an eye on the track, an eye in the rear view mirror and an eye on my gearbox/fuel gage. I never knew I had three eyes. Only to get overtaken in the final straight, absolutely brilliant racing.

Having said this I just wish to push this thread to the first page again. Just so SMS knows how the game is responding to a number of users. So if it's possible, I would like for users to reply to this thread with everything that they think is wrong/buggy with the pitstop system. I'm also not talking about the animations, we all know SMS is working on this, I'm talking about the pitstop system itself.

Problems that I wish to adress:

- Fueling. Doesn't always happen when it's supposed to happen. In races, qualifies,etc... during SP or MP in which you are allowed to refuel the crew doesn't always refill the car. You enter the pit, let's say with 1.3 liters of fuel, you set the the slider to 20 liters. So you're supposed to exit with 20 liters again, but you exit with 1.3 liters again. Then later on in the same session you re-enter the pit for a quick splash and dash and the car does get refilled. It seems to be a bit random at the moment.

- Sometimes the pit crew gets a little bit wasteful with fuel, instead of putting in the amount of liters required, they put in 100+ liters. This is ofcourse very generous, but not really advantageous for my laptimes.

- The tyre issue in SP. This is still a difficult one to adress, I'm 99% sure that there is a problem in SP. You start the race on soft slicks, go in after a lap or 10 for the mediums, you leave the pit with 4 green tyre strips on the right bottom of the screen. Then 2 laps later the red strips start to appear and within a matter of 2-3 laps the tyres are shred to bits. Resulting in restarting the race since the car is no longer manageable. Same happens in wet to dry conditions and vice versa. You enter the pit for a change from soft to wet/intermediate or vice versa, only to leave the pit and immediately realise the pitcrew was sleeping again. Highly frustrating.

- The tyre issue in MP. This one is a bit more complicated because I haven't done more than 10-11 lap races in MP, so I've never had to pit for a fresh set of rubber. The only thing I do know is that when your pitbox is at the beginning of the pitlane, you're screwed. There is absolutely no time to be quick and change your pit strategy on the fly. My dry to wet race in Imola is a good example of this. Half way around my second lap it starts to rain gods own piss down on the track. So I do the logical thing and squint my eyes to see trough the drops and drive (sail) to the pitlane. Relieved that I made it there, I drive in and I have the very first pitbox in the pitlane. So there's no time to change my last saved pitstop strategy and I leave with soft slicks. Impossible to drive on and had to forfait the race after a 45 minute practice/qualify session, highly frustrating.

So far these are the faults I have experienced during my exciting experience with my slightly 'simple' crew. Don't get me wrong, they're a bunch of good lads, but don't seem to be the brightest of lights when executing my pitstop orders. So, what are your experiences with making pitstops? Please share your exicting stories here so SMS has a structured overview in one thread :-) Thanks for reading and drive clean!

Pbyanmurat
12-05-2015, 14:29
Exactly happend in my game too. What we have to do

mccauleycr7
13-05-2015, 13:26
Yeah that worked great thanks, I was getting so frustrated every time I entered a race I would run out of fuel half way round! Thanks again

Pbyanmurat
14-05-2015, 10:48
I believe I found a solution. Thanks to one of the greatest game website oyungezer in Turkey . Yesterday they made a review for Project car . I saw in the setup, in last tab ,we can put fuel before entering race , how much we wanted.
Please try that.You would not run out fuel again.Of course if you are using real fuel usage you must calculate fuel consumption per lap .I also suggest to put some more fuel for safety . If you feel something can go wrong. Decrease fuel usage from real to slow, from gameplay option.

Acidcrash
15-05-2015, 22:52
Been getting intermittent refuel problems too but one I've not seen mentioned yet is when racing Clio Cup in career (not tried out of career yet admittedly or in other cars) but on coming out of the pits on Donnington Park National circuit I get warned every single time for exceeding track limits/cutting corners, which I'm not, I'm 100% on the track and nowhere near the edges which is really odd!

NickSee
19-05-2015, 15:57
Just starting out and LOVING project cars so far... trying desperately to win last GT3 race of my first series and have suffered all the pitstop issues that OP raises, undriveable tyres post pit stop and came here to see if I could start with half the litres needed to complete and have the other half delivered in pitstop but it seems not for now so I'll have a go at winning it with a full load of fuel from the start. keep up the amazing work guys!

Ronald0505
20-05-2015, 16:18
Same problem. When I make a pitstop with 3.1L fuel, I leave the pitstop with 3.1L fuel. And I made sure I have saved the correct pitstop strategy. I should have got 20L refuel at the pitstop but that never happens. Also with tire changing, when I choose to change my soft slicks for medium slicks, I still leave the pits with my worn soft slicks.

WMD, please fix this soon!

Elmo
20-05-2015, 17:02
Could you guys make videos, so we can see exactly what you are doing? With them we would have a better chance of understanding the issue.

Thanks.

mcarver2000
21-05-2015, 16:31
I had a great race (offline ruined) by being told to box this lap (after requesting a pit stop). Unfortunately, when I came in, my pit box was occupied. Therefore, back onto the track (even though I needed tires). This was after avoiding get wrecked by the AI (which is not an easy task, even when racing them like real drivers). Upon requesting a pit stop, one should only be told to "box" this lap when the pit box will be free. As long as one is not suffering major damage, waiting an extra lap before being told to box, is acceptable.

SphereOfChaos
25-05-2015, 17:20
Hello everyone,

Would like to start off I'm having a great time racing and tuning in Project Cars. But there is one particular bug that is taking away some of the good vibes I've had with Project Cars so far. This bug is what I like to call the "pitstop bug". Every single time I go in for a pitstop nothing is happening. I drive into the pitlane, select my fuel refill and tyres, and then I park up. Then the pitstop motion takes place, but nothing is happening to the car. I exit the pitstop without my extra fuel and without fresh rubber underneath my car. This is highly frustrating as I like doing long distance racing. So I'm forced to start with 40liters of fuel and forced to keep racing with the same tyres, eventually wearing them out. This influences my laptimes and race in a way I can't accept. Lots of times I'm forced to quit the race because of an empty fuel tank or a car that is Impossible to handle due to the old tyres that aren't being replaced.

Would love to see this problem patched as soon as possible.

I did a 65 lap race at Sonoma (Sears Point) and I went in for tires and fuel at around lap 38. They seemed to be changing tires and it DID refuel, but when I got back out, it was like they had just kept the old tires on, and I could really feel it in the steering wheel (G27). I went in again in 5 laps and tried it again with the same results. Not sure if it's just track-related or what. Otherwise there are a few other minor bugs, that I know will get sorted out. Other than that, I am loving this game! Keep up the good work SMS, you guys have really made something great here. I also run rFactor 2, but this for "some" reason is SO addicting! :)
PS - I will add a video next time. I forgot to use my shadowplay. :(

ajsbsd
12-06-2015, 11:58
GT4 career still won't refuel with pit strategy active in 1.4 patch. Was having a great time until this BS.

Raven403
12-06-2015, 12:52
GT4 career still won't refuel with pit strategy active in 1.4 patch. Was having a great time until this BS.

Refueling isnt allowed in GT4 thats why.

RobertLidstroem
15-06-2015, 19:35
GT4 - career, goes in for mandatory pitstop, hear some buzzing and bol,ting, gets out again, all tires red and the car is lying on the ground with sparks coming from it....

RomKnight
15-06-2015, 21:10
Here's another one (on PC at least) - Or i'm missing something too obvious

How do I make a saved setup active WITHOUT using the mouse? And please, if I need to configure a key/button what exactly is the option on the contollrers/assingments menu

I've found out I can use on my fanatec f1 the up/down/left/right buttons but the one to select (a push button) is equivalent to "enter" and that sends me to the edit menu. I just want to make a setup active. I can also use the arrows and "enter" to the same effect but no luck with active setup :(

nemo06
22-06-2015, 07:19
GT4 - career, goes in for mandatory pitstop, hear some buzzing and bol,ting, gets out again, all tires red and the car is lying on the ground with sparks coming from it....

Same here in GT3 career, it is impossible to complete the race.
Exit from the pit stop, you hear a noise as if they had forgotten to mount the wheels and the car went on the brake discs.

Siberian Tiger
22-06-2015, 07:21
Just edit your Tire Pressures +- 0.1 and save.. This will give you shiny new warm Tires without Punctures :)

This Bug will be resolved with the next Patch :)

nemo06
22-06-2015, 07:47
Just edit your Tire Pressures +- 0.1 and save.. This will give you shiny new warm Tires without Punctures :)

This Bug will be resolved with the next Patch :)

Thank you, very friendly and quick in response.
I'm new in this forum and I must say that the support is very efficient.:)

Tuur79
24-06-2015, 09:43
Yesterday I drove the Le Mans 2 hour race in LMP2. After more than 35 minutes of racing I had only 3 liters of fuel left, so I went for refueling and some fresh tyres. While entering the pit lane suddenly "pitlane occupied" popped up in my screen. I just drove through the pitlane straight away and rejoined the track. A few corners later I ended up with no fuel left and had to retire the race... :mad:

Not a great way to retire after 40 minutes of racing. This bug has to be fixed. Even if the pitlane was occupied (which it wasn't), please let me wait till it's my turn. But don't just send me away with no fuel left!

PS. I have to say the racing experience is fantastic and the lightning at Le mans going from day to night is unbelievably beautiful. So fix this bug and I'm in love with Project Cars all over again :o

Brendog
25-08-2015, 12:08
So, does anyone know when this bug will be fixed?? I have been doing some endurance races, or at least attempting to.... Now, every single pitstop involves the pit crew putting back on my worn tyres! The first enduro I did the first 2 pitstops worked fine, then my final one screwed up. So I went back in and it happened again, an so on...Since then, I have had zero pitstops work properly out of 10 attempts - each time re-starting the race. Don't get me wrong, I love Mt Panorama, but racing 30mins plus each time only for the glitch to end it for me is getting me super annoyed.
Just now, the pitcrew went one worse and although they filled my car up with fuel, they wouldn't release me but sent me into a slow anticlockwise spin until I was facing backwards in pit lane 6 minutes later... These key errors are totally killing an otherwise awesome game. Am just about to give up on it if this doesn't get fixed soon. Forza 6 is coming, so I will end up there at this rate.

Again, this is a great game, but these simple pitstop issues really do kill it for me. Please fix it!!

Elmo
25-08-2015, 17:56
Again, this is a great game, but these simple pitstop issues really do kill it for me. Please fix it!!

Which platform are you using? Can you make a short video or screenshot of your pit strategy?

To my knowledge there are no issues anymore with getting the wrong/no tires or fuel after patch 3.0. All reports so far have been players not setting their strategy right or not setting it active.

Brendog
26-08-2015, 00:07
Which platform are you using? Can you make a short video or screenshot of your pit strategy?

To my knowledge there are no issues anymore with getting the wrong/no tires or fuel after patch 3.0. All reports so far have been players not setting their strategy right or not setting it active.

Thanks for the response Elmo.

Using Xbox one. It's not that I am not 'doing it right'. It worked fine the first few times, but since then not once. I have trialled about every different thing possible. I have taken it super slow to make sure I don't press the wrong button without saving my strategy, I make sure I have selected the right strategy and made it active (no matter which strategy is selected, the same thing happens btw), I have tried the default, I have tried just changing the psi to see if that makes it save, tried different tyre compounds, and ensured the strategy it is 100% active. I ensured this last night before I searched google for a solution. All that happens no matter what is that my pit crew seem to put back on my used tyres - I can't think of any reason why a default pit strategy would actually do this. I hear the noises of them changing tyres, but nope... I drive out with green tyres (instead of blue) and they go red by the middle of the first lap. In an enduro...

I would make a video, but I don't really know how. Will try and workout how to upload a screenshot showing my saved strategy when I next get a chance. Maybe I somehow missed the patch??

Elmo
26-08-2015, 05:17
As an XB1 user you haven't received the Patch 3.0 yet. So this issue will be rectified for you in a few days.

Brendog
26-08-2015, 05:23
As an XB1 user you haven't received the Patch 3.0 yet. So this issue will be rectified for you in a few days.

This is the best thing I have read in a long time! That is great news. Thanks for your help Elmo. Project cars may yet get my love in the future! :)

tclancey
27-08-2015, 14:35
I have a similar issue, I wonder if it's the same thing. I'm currently in the warm up session of an off line, non career 100 lap race weekend. I'm practising the pit stops. As above I have the strategy setup perfectly.

When I first leave the pits I can drive round with my tyres at the perfect temperature lap after lap after lap and everything is good with the world. I am no longer worried about cash flow problems, famine, global warming or the banking crisis. I then practice the pit stop, they fill me up with fuel, pop on some new tyres and out I go again. Within half a lap every tyre is bright red and about to burst, all my worries come flooding back and I have to stop in a panic and go for a cigarette before the darkness of depression descends and I start contemplating drowning myself in the cat bowl again.

I have tested different tyres, different pressures, kicking the pit crew, throwing spanners at the crew chief, nothing thus far has worked. Will I have the same problem in the race? If so I might as well cancel it now and save myself the time.

Thanks.

tclancey
27-08-2015, 14:55
Right, the strategy's are all messed up. If I look at the strategy's while in the pit box, the values don't match what I see when I'm driving into the pits. Values get swapped between different strategy names. So, while I can set all the parameters I want it chooses something different. Why is there no way to delete a strategy from the list?

tclancey
27-08-2015, 15:03
And, having made all the changes to the strategy game seems to want to use, when I enter the pits and view the parameters to make sure they're right, all my tyre pressures are completely different! In fact I can look at all the strategy's at this point and none of them have the information I have setup while in the pit box.

Is this known? - I seem to remember people saying ages ago the pit stop data was a bit stroppy, but I thought this was fixed in the last relelase? - Or are my saved files completely to cock? How would I go about deleting all my temporary data and starting again?

tclancey
27-08-2015, 15:13
Ok, so you can delete strategies when you drive into pit lane, but not when you're in the pit box. Of course this makes sense, because I always feel like doing a spot of back office filing when I'm in the middle of a full blown race! Surely this is the wrong way around?

So, I deleted all the setups bar one and made sure (while in the pit box) that all the information was correct. I drove around a lap and into the pit lane, checked the details again and all my pressures were completely different.

Is it the case that the values are just being displayed incorrectly when entering the pit lane, but the underlying data is correct?

(And my apologies for spelling strategies with an ' !)

Jesup16
27-08-2015, 15:46
Not that this is useful, but it's known that pit strategies are broken. Our league has changed our format to "sprint" races to circumvent pitstops and other known bugs. Most said workarounds don't work. There are many known symptoms, including wrong tire types, compounds, pressures, fuel loads, etc... In short, it's a crap shoot to what work gets done in the pits.

This is supposed to be fixed in 3.0... only time will tell.

tclancey
27-08-2015, 21:11
Just double check the setup you want is selected at the active one, and don't forget the readings in edit panel when pitting will not be what you've set while in the pit box. So don't change the pressures when you pit.

Brendog
28-08-2015, 02:59
I have tested different tyres, different pressures, kicking the pit crew, throwing spanners at the crew chief, nothing thus far has worked. Will I have the same problem in the race? If so I might as well cancel it now and save myself the time.

That would be a yes, it will happen in the race I am sure. My dramas are always in the race, so I would wait until the new patch to attempt it according to the advice i received from Elmo above. Should be any day now apparently!

OpticalHercules
28-08-2015, 03:35
That would be a yes, it will happen in the race I am sure. My dramas are always in the race, so I would wait until the new patch to attempt it according to the advice i received from Elmo above. Should be any day now apparently!

patch is out now. test away and let us know your results. I'm praying they're good.

FederalHercules
28-08-2015, 11:00
I will go ahead and get a thread started. Based on some initial testing, it seems pits are not 100% fixed (but they are pretty close).

Initial testing was done in a private multiplayer session with GT3 cars. We went through a couple of tracks and several weather scenarios.

The summary is:

Fuel = working
Pressures = working
No tires = working
Compound = only automatic by weather. Can not force it to a selected compound.

To clarify the issue with tire compounds, you can select different compounds in your pit strategy, but that selection will not be applied.

(The compound will change if the weather changes but that is the only condition we could find to invoke it)

Some more testing is warranted but a couple of us from XRA have confirmed it and we were unable to find a workaround.

Looking forward to more feedback from the rest of you (multiplayer folks specifically)

tclancey
28-08-2015, 13:12
Good work Federal, thanks for the information.

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 13:57
What about setting up strategies for each compound prior to the race. If everything else is working properly we would only have to edit fuel loads/pressure if need be while entering the pits.

Also, did you delete old pit strategies?

FederalHercules
28-08-2015, 14:19
What about setting up strategies for each compound prior to the race. If everything else is working properly we would only have to edit fuel loads/pressure if need be while entering the pits.

Also, did you delete old pit strategies?

Yes, deleted all old strategies (they were unusable so I had deleted them long ago).

It didn't matter if you used a strategy you setup before the race or edited/created one during the race. Behavior was the same regardless. I currently have one other person that can confirm this. We were testing GT3 cars and effectively, we could not change compounds to medium, hard, or intermediate during a pit stop.

The compound would only change for weather (rain's if wet, soft slicks if dry).

OpticalHercules
28-08-2015, 14:42
Thank you for testing this and letting us know, FH.

beetes_juice
28-08-2015, 15:47
Damn, well hopefully we can all figure this out.

Have nissian posting on one of the other threads:

I just pitted 8 times in a row. Correct tires & tire pressure was installed.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 15:51
Compound = only automatic by weather. Can not force it to a selected compound.

To clarify the issue with tire compounds, you can select different compounds in your pit strategy, but that selection will not be applied.

(The compound will change if the weather changes but that is the only condition we could find to invoke it)
I'm assuming this bug was there all along but because the game never told us what compound was on the car, we never knew it. I always suspected as much because when I start a race when it's raining, I have a reasonable amount of grip considering the conditions. But when it starts raining mid-race and I pit to put on wet tires, I still slide around like crazy.

HEF51
28-08-2015, 16:40
Yep, I can confirm this as well. Did extensive testing with Federal and tires would not change to what you wanted.

So this basically leaves changing to Mediums, Hards and Inters completely useless. Only way you can use those tires is if you start on them.

Raven403
28-08-2015, 16:58
I just pitted 8 times in a row. Correct tires & tire pressure was installed.

Where was this said.

Was he testing in Multiplayer? Probably not, WHat car was he using, Was he using a car class with only 2 tire choices..... Sorry but we need more info than just "it works every time" when people are saying it doesnt.

Especially when the people saying it have Laid out exactly whats happening and how to replicate it

g33k hack3rs
28-08-2015, 17:03
Exactly, not all cars will have all compounds available so at least make a choice that have multiple dry weather options and multiple wet weather options to ensure the right compound is fitted each time.
Try changing dry compounds during a dry race
And try changing wet compounds during a wet race

FederalHercules
28-08-2015, 17:21
Where was this said.

Was he testing in Multiplayer? Probably not, WHat car was he using, Was he using a car class with only 2 tire choices..... Sorry but we need more info than just "it works every time" when people are saying it doesnt.

Especially when the people saying it doesnt have Laid out exactly whats happening and how to replicate it

Raven is correct. I apologize for the laziness of my original post. I have updated it to reflect that we did our initial testing in a multiplayer lobby with GT3 cars. Neither Hef nor myself could find a way to get the compound specified in the strategy bolted onto the car.

My understanding was the pits were working pretty well (or well enough) in single player. Most of the fixes for pits in patch 3.0 were to address the fact that pits were unusable in multiplayer. The good news is that pit lane can be reopened for online racers. The bad news is that (at least at this point) endurance race formats where racers want to tweak tire strategies are likely to be waiting for the next go around of this madness.

What I am really hoping for is that more of the community will fire up a lobby and help us test. The more people that can confirm the issue, the faster we get action from SMS. If it does work for you, provide some descriptions about what you are doing.

Tonight I will get some visual evidence of what we experienced last night.

Raven403
28-08-2015, 21:38
I can now ALSO confirm tire compound selection does not work. It defaults to the ABW compound no matter what. Tried it on Formula B and GT3 in a multiplayer lobby. Clips below.

In this clip, I have MED selected as the desired compound....Puts on Softs
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/e00000ae-a80a-4b20-b4be-4f17c6438036

In this clip I manually select Hard in the menu, and it still fits softs
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/28b62d88-5e7d-4ed0-a487-cfea3702f8db

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 21:47
I'm guessing this bug was always there but we didn't know it because the tire was not displayed in the HUD. It's disappointing but at least our options are softs and full wets. They could have been hards and intermediates.

Raven403
28-08-2015, 23:26
I'm guessing this bug was always there but we didn't know it because the tire was not displayed in the HUD. It's disappointing but at least our options are softs and full wets. They could have been hards and intermediates.

True, atleast if it starts raining you'll get the right tire. That's a step in the right direction

Zsozsa
29-08-2015, 06:53
I can now ALSO confirm tire compound selection does not work. It defaults to the ABW compound no matter what. Tried it on Formula B and GT3 in a multiplayer lobby. Clips below.

In this clip, I have MED selected as the desired compound....Puts on Softs
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/e00000ae-a80a-4b20-b4be-4f17c6438036

In this clip I manually select Hard in the menu, and it still fits softs
http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/28b62d88-5e7d-4ed0-a487-cfea3702f8db

By my experience always the desired compound is put on in the box, only the compound indicator in telemetry is flawed. In my pit strategies I set different pressures for different compounds so that I can recognize the compound on the basis of the bar values showed in telemetry. Eg. 1.5 bar for soft, 1.9 for med, 2.1 for hard. When the tyres were changed the indicator always (no, not always because in very few occassion it showed the correct, desired compound) showed the soft-slick compound, but on the basis of the pressure values I knew that I have the correct compound. And of course, I tested them on the track and I also felt that I used the desired compound.

I tested this with the Ginetta Gt4 on Hockenheim, in online races.

bluesky0870
29-08-2015, 07:27
By my experience always the desired compound is put on in the box, only the compound indicator in telemetry is flawed. In my pit strategies I set different pressures for different compounds so that I can recognize the compound on the basis of the bar values showed in telemetry. Eg. 1.5 bar for soft, 1.9 for med, 2.1 for hard. When the tyres were changed the indicator always (no, not always because in very few occassion it showed the correct, desired compound) showed the soft-slick compound, but on the basis of the pressure values I knew that I have the correct compound. And of course, I tested them on the track and I also felt that I used the desired compound.

That would be great news, it means the devs only have to correct the displayed tires.

FederalHercules
29-08-2015, 11:02

I don't believe there is a bug with the telemetry indicator. For test you can set up a strategy to go on rain tires. If you use that strategy in dry conditions, you will immediately notice the handling difference along with the fact that you would burn up the wets quickly in dry conditions. That doesn't happen.

XYvSTUvYX
29-08-2015, 12:03
Can confirm that when you pit the only tyres it wants to put on are softs (if you try to choose your own)

d4ninho
29-08-2015, 14:30
lol, 2.7gb update and its fixed nothing, yes they have added a few bits but surely the important thing is to fix the broken bits before adding more they can break.

SMS = EA

OpticalHercules
29-08-2015, 19:08
Is it ALWAYS softs put on in non-rain weather? Are there any races where the default/auto tire is anything but soft? Someplace extremely hot, say Dubai on July 31, with Clear weather or Hazy whichever is hotter track temp. Wonder if it puts Softs there as well. Also wonder whether the game accounts for increased wear when it chooses your auto-tire.

MXR SMILER
29-08-2015, 22:15
In Z4, Practice @ Silverstone in pits and when I scroll in single moves down tires and brakes and get down to Rear Left Tyre Pressure, the white box behind the writing stops , the second time I scroll down the writing sort of outlines and then next scroll down the box moves again. I have dloaded 3.
Apart from that I am gobsmacked at the difference so far, much improved by the patch, Thanks to all who worked so hard to bring us 3.0

Machinist90
30-08-2015, 12:42
Qualifying session,select refuel,not refueled...just wheels changed and done

XYvSTUvYX
30-08-2015, 14:40
Yep just finished a 2.4hr Le Mans and all 14 drivers in the room experienced forced soft tyres ......... LMP1 & GT3

Psychomatrix
30-08-2015, 17:10
Confirm it too 15 lap brno gt3 I choose medium tyres and get soft tyres. Laptimes are that fast that I think that I get really softs

Jesup16
31-08-2015, 03:55
So after testing in our group tonight, the pits are kinda fixed...but definitely still broken.

What works:
1. You can get the proper amount of Fuel
2. You can get the right tire pressures.

What doesn't work...and is a big deal.
1. Can't get a different compound than default. Example: GT3 race tonight, default is Soft. If you select a strategy with Hard, Intermediate, etc, you will still get soft's.
2. You get "Automatic by weather" no matter what. Example: If it starts raining and you come in for "Wets", but the rain weather slot hasn't fully loaded, you will still get the default "automatic" by weather tire. Tonight, it started raining in our race. I pitted to get "wets" with my corresponding strategy, but it put on soft-slicks. This means you have to fully wait (usually several laps) to get the right tire for the weather. So I was driving on slicks when it starting raining and had to pit twice, which costs me valuable time and position.

HEF51
31-08-2015, 04:54
Did a league test night tonight. Still getting only Softs in dry weather and Wets in the rain. Same for all 13 people.

Dirty4
31-08-2015, 09:54
Had about 30 mins to kill so jumped into free practice since time trial was locked. Ran a few laps then tried to pit for fuel and nothing happens. Just a drive through penalty. Known bug?

Invincible
31-08-2015, 10:18
Had about 30 mins to kill so jumped into free practice since time trial was locked. Ran a few laps then tried to pit for fuel and nothing happens. Just a drive through penalty. Known bug?

No, it is not a bug. There are no pit stops in practice. If you want to change tires of fuel amount, you can still use the "return to pit" button in the menue.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 10:34

Sorry but I dont think you are correct. The Pressures DO work, but the changing compound does not. I can tell by the rate of wear that they are Soft tires. I dont think the Telemetry is broken because it works every other time.

d4ninho
31-08-2015, 12:06
Sorry but I dont think you are correct. The Pressures DO work, but the changing compound does not. I can tell by the rate of wear that they are Soft tires. I dont think the Telemetry is broken because it works every other time.

IT is not the telemetry that's broken its the game and now its half price to buy we should all get 50% money back, i'm expecting a cheque in the post for my game testing and bug reporting.

d4ninho
31-08-2015, 12:09
so in one word, broken.

5 months in and they still havent fixed a thing, they have added info but fixed nothing, hopefully they earned enough to retire as these guys are done in gaming.

Invincible
31-08-2015, 12:29
IT is not the telemetry that's broken its the game and now its half price to buy we should all get 50% money back, i'm expecting a cheque in the post for my game testing and bug reporting.

And I expect my boss to give me a 50% increased salary. But he won't. I blame SMS.:rolleyes:

Seriously, the price drop in retail is not SMS's decision.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 12:31
@Invincible do you play on PC too? Can you confirm if this Pit issue happens on that too? I have it but since I upgraded to Windows 10 I cant get my PC to recognize my TX properly so I havent had a chance to test it

Invincible
31-08-2015, 12:33
I haven't noticed it yet. But I think I can try this evening and see if it happens on pc too.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 12:34
I haven't noticed it yet. But I think I can try this evening and see if it happens on pc too.

Thanks bud. I think it would be a big help to know if its Platform specific.

(Not sure how thats possible but. It seems there are only a few of us who noticed this, and we noticed it almost immediately, but saw NOTHING in PS4 and PC threads about it, so its been tough to figure out why)

Invincible
31-08-2015, 12:48
Thanks bud. I think it would be a big help to know if its Platform specific.

(Not sure how thats possible but. It seems there are only a few of us who noticed this, and we noticed it almost immediately, but saw NOTHING in PS4 and PC threads about it, so its been tough to figure out why)

Anything special I could do? Like car or track combinations that trigger the bug on Xbox with 100 % chance?

As far as I see it now it should be: Race start, box for Hard tires, default by weather (soft) should be applied to the car. Right?

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 12:53
l've had the same issue on PS4 where l would get wet tires, although l selected dry ones.
The track itself was still a bit wet at the time of my stop, but definitely drying, so can this be counted as the same issue?

FederalHercules
31-08-2015, 13:04
l've had the same issue on PS4 where l would get wet tires, although l selected dry ones.
The track itself was still a bit wet at the time of my stop, but definitely drying, so can this be counted as the same issue?

Sounds like it. Several ways to test it. I suggest starting a multiplayer race with something other than soft compound and ensure you have a few strategies setup to go to hard, medium, and intermediate compound. Go to pit and select one of those strategies.

What we have seen is that no matter what compound you have selected in your strategy, you will get softs in the dry, or rain in the wet (if you timed your pit correctly).

Invincible
31-08-2015, 13:09
Sounds like it. Several ways to test it. I suggest starting a multiplayer race with something other than soft compound and ensure you have a few strategies setup to go to hard, medium, and intermediate compound. Go to pit and select one of those strategies.

What we have seen is that no matter what compound you have selected in your strategy, you will get softs in the dry, or rain in the wet (if you timed your pit correctly).

So best would be a multiplayer race in the wet and try to force slicks then?

Raven403
31-08-2015, 13:09
Anything special I could do? Like car or track combinations that trigger the bug on Xbox with 100 % chance?

As far as I see it now it should be: Race start, box for Hard tires, default by weather (soft) should be applied to the car. Right?

Yes, as Fed said above, Start on whatever you want, box and select anything other than Soft, either in a saved strat or editing on pit lane. You will get softs no matter what

Raven403
31-08-2015, 13:10

Doesn't have to be, but that works too. Even in the dry if you go in and select Hards you will get Softs

This is all in MP btw, not Solo

FederalHercules
31-08-2015, 13:11

Sure, or the opposite if your prefer.

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 13:15
On a side note, l've also noticed that you can only choose wet tires when creating a pit strategy, no inters.

Bealdor
31-08-2015, 13:16
On a side note, l've also noticed that you can only choose wet tires when creating a pit strategy, no inters.

Series limitation maybe? What car where you racing?

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 13:18
Series limitation maybe? What car where you racing?

No.
l was able to choose inters when l entered the pits for a stop.
Cant remember what class l was using.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 13:20
No.
l was able to choose inters when l entered the pits for a stop.
Cant remember what class l was using.

But that could be a mistake that slipped through the cracks. Unless it was GT3 FA FB Lmp1/2 I think are the only classes with Inters?

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 13:22
But that could be a mistake that slipped through the cracks.

Would that excuse the fact that its missing?
Apparently a LOT slipped through the cracks in terms of pitstops.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 13:24

Not at all. I agree, it's causing more problems in our league as well. It's pretty frustrating that we're multiple patches in and we are barely able to use them.
I'm just saying just cuz they were in the Strat doesn't necessarily mean they're an available compound, if you could find out it would help so we know where the bugs at

Pink_650S
31-08-2015, 13:25
I'm just saying just cuz they were in the Strat doesn't necessarily mean they're an available compound, if you could find out it would help so we know where the bugs at

Maybe you misunderstood.
They were NOT in the strategy screen.
But when l entered the pits during the race, l was able to select inters.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 13:28
Maybe you misunderstood.
They were NOT in the strategy screen.
But when l entered the pits during the race, l was able to select inters.

Ah ok, but you got Wets.

FederalHercules
31-08-2015, 13:28

Its not just the compounds that are still messed up (confirmed for XB1, still waiting to hear on the other two). Another issue with pit strats is the pressure sliders do not have the same increments as the pressure sliders in the setup. Thus its hard to get exactly the same pressures (I admit, .01 bars is likely not enough of a difference but still). And why oh why doesn't the default value of the strategy pressures not match the pressures of the current setup tune?

Not sure cracks is the right term. Maybe canyons??

Schnizz58
31-08-2015, 13:40
Its not just the compounds that are still messed up (confirmed for XB1, still waiting to hear on the other two). Another issue with pit strats is the pressure sliders do not have the same increments as the pressure sliders in the setup. Thus its hard to get exactly the same pressures (I admit, .01 bars is likely not enough of a difference but still). And why oh why doesn't the default value of the strategy pressures not match the pressures of the current setup tune?
The pressure difference isn't a big deal but the pit crew will waste a couple of seconds adjusting tire pressure if they don't match exactly. For that matter, I don't know why they couldn't set the pressure on the tires before you pit.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 13:42
I also hope we dont have to wait over a month for the next Giga-Patch for a fix for this :(

Jesup16
31-08-2015, 13:50
The pressure difference isn't a big deal but the pit crew will waste a couple of seconds adjusting tire pressure if they don't match exactly. For that matter, I don't know why they couldn't set the pressure on the tires before you pit.

I haven't tested to see if adjusting tire pressures causes a longer pit stop, but if it does, this is a serious bug. NO RACING every adjusts tire pressures during the stop...why should this game?

Schnizz58
31-08-2015, 14:14
I haven't tested to see if adjusting tire pressures causes a longer pit stop, but if it does, this is a serious bug. NO RACING every adjusts tire pressures during the stop...why should this game?
I'm almost positive that it does but I haven't had a pitstop where they didn't adjust the pressure so kind of hard to compare. However you can hear the pssssst as they let air out of the tires just before they release you out of the pit box.

Bealdor
31-08-2015, 14:16
I'm almost positive that it does but I haven't had a pitstop where they didn't adjust the pressure so kind of hard to compare. However you can hear the pssssst as they let air out of the tires just before they release you out of the pit box.

That's not the sound of taking air out of the tires, it's the sound of the air jack putting your car back on the ground. :)

Raven403
31-08-2015, 14:18

Yeah I always thought that was the compressed air getting disconnected

Schnizz58
31-08-2015, 14:24
That's not the sound of taking air out of the tires, it's the sound of the air jack putting your car back on the ground. :)

It doesn't sound like that though. Also it happens mid-stop in addition to the end.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 14:26
It doesn't sound like that though. Also it happens mid-stop in addition to the end.

Right, Probably After the fuel goes in you hear the air get connected, then the End its disconnected. Im assuming, thats what I always thought anyways

Schnizz58
31-08-2015, 14:30
Right, Probably After the fuel goes in you hear the air get connected, then the End its disconnected. Im assuming, thats what I always thought anyways

I'm not taking any fuel.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 14:31
I'm not taking any fuel.

Then Im all out of guesses lol Hearing the air guns maybe?? no clue

Schnizz58
31-08-2015, 14:42
Then Im all out of guesses lol Hearing the air guns maybe?? no clue
I will double check the sequence of sounds during a pitstop tonight. I actually hope you're right because that would mean the data I've collected is valid. I've been gathering pitstop timing data to help out jimmyb with his strategy calculator so I've made a crapload of pitstops in the last few days.

Another thing (which has been mentioned before I think) is that the frequency of occurrence of problems in the pits is way, way too high. In a round of testing the other day, I did maybe 30-40 pitstops and probably 15 of those had some sort of issue, lost wheel nut, wheel nut jammed, gearbox trashed, clutch roasted, etc.

jacall
31-08-2015, 14:51
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but we experienced an new pit bug in our series race yesterday. Private MP race on Cadwell GP in Formula Rookies. 3 different racers performed a pit stop to repair damage only (no new tires or additional fuel). In each case when exiting the pits the pit lane speed limiter stayed engaged. Ruined the race for those guys.

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 14:53
They could not disnegage it? There's a button mapling for it. But it should automatically disnegage too, agree.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 14:55
They could not disnegage it? There's a button mapling for it. But it should automatically disnegage too, agree.

Not on Xbox you cant map it, we are already short on options to map buttons as it is.

Umer Ahmad
31-08-2015, 14:56
Ok, escalated to dev team.

g33k hack3rs
31-08-2015, 15:12
After absolutely missing the ability to fix the compound selection I have the following questions for SMS:
1. Did you fire the QA company since they're incompetent and probably don't even have an xbox one on the premises?
2. Did you request a full refund for any services related to testing mp functionality since again they don't know what they're doing?
3. Did you at least replace the dev that thought this was a working solution?

Tire compounds should be one of the most basic functions to fix. I select compound A and then I get compound A. Don't code in any other logic. Don't try and be clever or stupid or mischievous. Just give me the bloody compound I asked for. Period! I don't care if it is clear sky and 80 degrees celsius outside, but if I select extreme wet tires, then I want bloody extreme wet tires fitted to my car. I'm the monkey behind the wheel and I might make stupid decisions but at least it is my own stupid decisions. How can a game like this not get it right after so many attempts? No code logic is needed here. Don't try and put anything else in the game. Just fix this very basic problem immediately and forever. User select A, user get A. User select X, user get X. No matter if it is clear, rain, or the middle of a monsoon. Just give me the compound I selected and get the code logic to second guess my decisions out of here.

Rant over!

g33k hack3rs
31-08-2015, 15:27
There are not many things easier to code than this. Put the tire compound on that is selected and remove all other logic that you thought necessary. The monkey behind the wheel knows what tire compound is needed and the only thing the devs and pit crew should get right is to make sure that whatever the monkey selected is fitted to the car. No more discussions are needed about this. Just get this right!!!

Bealdor
31-08-2015, 16:01
There are not many things easier to code than this. Put the tire compound on that is selected and remove all other logic that you thought necessary. The monkey behind the wheel knows what tire compound is needed and the only thing the devs and pit crew should get right is to make sure that whatever the monkey selected is fitted to the car. No more discussions are needed about this. Just get this right!!!

Why don't you code it up then if it's so dead easy?
Although it may sound easy it obviously isn't.

g33k hack3rs
31-08-2015, 16:07
I'm a developer that coded my fair share of games. Not on the same level for pCars but I've done a few arcade games for the xbox. They are making it complex by coding in logic that is not needed. Just fit what is selected and the coding problem becomes very simple.

FederalHercules
31-08-2015, 16:18
Why don't you code it up then if it's so dead easy?
Although it may sound easy it obviously isn't.

Lets pretend for a moment that you are correct, and it is not "dead easy" to get a selected tire compound applied to the car during a pit stop.

It is "super dead easy" to test that it is working...

Invincible
31-08-2015, 19:17
So guys, I'm back. I can confirm this bug. Happens on PC too (on mine at least). I tried to switch to hard slicks on the BMW Z4 GT3 @ Laguna Seca. Drove out of the pits with softs. After that I even tried it with the singleplayer. RWD P30 LMP1 on Le Mans. Same story. Pitted for hards, got equipped with softs.

Raven403
31-08-2015, 19:18
So guys, I'm back. I can confirm this bug. Happens on PC too (on mine at least). I tried to switch to hard slicks on the BMW Z4 GT3 @ Laguna Seca. Drove out of the pits with softs. After that I even tried it with the singleplayer. RWD P30 LMP1 on Le Mans. Same story. Pitted for hards, got equipped with softs.

Ok, good to know. Thanks Invincible.

Coldtires360
31-08-2015, 19:19
I pitted in an endurance race gt4 at road America. I had it set for hard compound tires. I ended up with soft. I thought I hit the wrong put strategy. I pitted again after tire wore out and made sure I had it right. once again I had soft tires on the car. Sucks because I was having a blast driving the race but I had to quit.

Rogo
31-08-2015, 19:19
So I was practicing for a league race tomorrow in which we drive the WEC on nurburg GP. 36 laps, tyre wear x2.
I was opting for a 1 stop strategy with both stints driving on the medium compound.
But no matter what I tried (adjusting default strategy, deleting default strategy and creating a custom strategy) as soon as I made a pitstop the telemetry shows I had Soft tyres on the car.

Seems its the same with the XB1 version: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22003-Pitstop-bug/page5

Invincible
31-08-2015, 19:24
And here too... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38119-3-0-Pits-Bugs&p=1105641#post1105641

t0daY
31-08-2015, 21:37
Hello hello,

I saw some issues in the forums with changing tires and also some people had this issue on some TGC races. So I made some tests and found out that you will get everytime not your requested tire, instead the "Automatic by Weather"-Tire. No chance to get "Soft-Slicks" in rain conditions or vice versa. I know it makes no sense to change in a rain his tires to slicks but still it should be doable.

This test was made in a free practice session at a dedicated server.

Test 1 - Practice Session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-zNv7PZPew&feature=youtu.be

0:00 - Tires are set to "Automatic by Weather" which gave me Soft Slicks (The HUD showed me the right tire compound: Soft)
0:50 - Requesting a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
1:10 - Editing the "Default Strategy" - raising the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Medium Slicks"
1:33 - Got the right Pit Strategy selected
2:00 - The change of the cold tire pressure worked perfectly, the same for the refueling but I am still on "Soft Slicks"

Next try...

2:38 - Requesting again a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
2:58 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" (My old edited "Default Strategy) - raising again the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Hard Slicks"
3:12 - Got again the right Pit Strategy selected
3:49 - Everything worked again perfectly, but still again on "Soft Slicks"

Another try...

4:27 - Requesting again a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
4:49 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" - raising again the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Intermediates"
5:08 - Got again the right Pit Strategy selected
5:38 - Everything worked again perfectly, but still again on "Soft Slicks"

Last try...

6:12 - This time not requesting a pit stop just to try it out
6:34 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" - raising again the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Rain Tires" *
6:53 - Got again the right Pit Strategy selected
7:20 - Same issue as the last few attempts before... Still on "Soft Slicks"

*Anyway something which I was wondering about, why I cant select 1,85bar at the front wheels? It is jumping from 1,84 to 1,86? I know its not measurable but still it is kinda strange.

Test 2 - Practice Session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCwggdTmtA&feature=youtu.be

0:00 - Tires are set to "GT4 Rain" which gave me Rain Tires (The HUD showed me the right tire compound: GT4 Rain)
0:55 - Requesting a pit stop to change my tires
1:13 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" - decreasing the tire pressure and requesting "Rain Tires"
2:08 - Same result. Got again "Soft Slicks"

Next try...

2:27 - Tires are set to "GT4 Hard" which gave me Hard Slicks (The HUD showed me the right tire compound: Hard)
3:16 - Requesting a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
3:37 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" - increasing the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Medium Slicks"
4:27 - Same result :( Again "Soft Slicks"...

Test 3 & 4 will follow shortly... So am I doing something wrong or is it bugged? :D

Cheers!

t0daY
31-08-2015, 21:38
Test 3 - Practice Session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8txbTy6NtU&feature=youtu.be

0:00 - This time in rainy conditions. Tires are set to "Automatic by Weather" which gave me Rain Tires
0:50 - Requesting a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
1:12 - Editing the "Default Strategy" - raising the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Intermediates"
1:27 - Got the right Pit Strategy selected
1:53 - Same issue here. I am stucked now with the "Rain Tires"; not able to get "Inters"

Next try...

2:33 - Requesting a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
2:54 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" (My old edited "Default Strategy) - raising again the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Soft Slicks"
3:48 - Same result. Still "Rain Tires" on the car

Another try...

4:07 - Started then with Hard Slicks in the Rain (Sorry for the spins btw :D)
5:16 - Requesting a pit stop to change my tires and refuel the car
5:40 - Editing the "Ginetta G55 GT4" - decreasing the tire pressure and requesting some fuel plus "Hard Slicks"
6:20 - Still the same result. Meeeeeeeeeeh!!!

Test 4 - Race Session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC3cwLhmQXo&feature=youtu.be

0:00 - Tested literally the same just in a race. Same result as in Test 1 & 2...

Another bug I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqQ6MmlCfi0&feature=youtu.be

If you are joining a track with a car without made a setup yet and just click on the drive button, you wont get the right amount of fuel. Its just giving you "some" :D
It was my first time with the mustang fastback 2+2 on brno. Never was there before, everything was default, no changes were made...
--> Driving out with 14,4 litres fuel on board :(

If you go back to the pits and save the setup, you are starting with the right amount of fuel...
--> Driving out again with 64 litres fuel on board :)

If you are doing some quick races without setups this can be going totally wrong :(

Cheers!

bluesky0870
31-08-2015, 22:10
Endurance race in WEC Series, LMP1 - time 2 hours: In the first attempt the car started with the wrong load of fuel (48.5 l instead of 65), I also got dq'd without any earlier warning of cutting the track after more than one hour (I can't remember I have done that except one time sliding through a corner after braking too late). I've noticed that often in a lot of races (from day1 until now) that there are no warnings given by voice or display, suddenly the race engineer informs me of my 2nd one, never received a 1st one.

But that's no pit bug...

In both attempts, 3 hours of driving in total I had 5 pit stops, guess what..., right, 5 times I got the wrong tires, soft slicks LMP1 instead of medium tires. 1 time the fuel reloading was incorrrect - 51/52(?) l instead of the full load of 65 l .

So I heavily can confirm the existence of that bug.

Yesterday by the way I got the wrong load of fuel too, 5,6l instead of 9 l that I had ordered. So it is not a one timer or a misreading.

If it weren't sad, I maybe found it funny, how every fix brings new flaws to the game.
Is there maybe a chance that the pit stops function as intended on the 6th attempt? I really would appreciate that.

t0daY
31-08-2015, 22:37
Thanks for merging :) Wasnt aware of already another thread which describes this issue... Sorry for some more work for you moderators :D :p

bluesky0870
31-08-2015, 22:38
If you are joining a track with a car without made a setup yet and just click on the drive button, you wont get the right amount of fuel. Its just giving you "some" :D
It was my first time with the mustang fastback 2+2 on brno. Never was there before, everything was default, no changes were made...
--> Driving out with 14,4 litres fuel on board :(

If you go back to the pits and save the setup, you are starting with the right amount of fuel...
--> Driving out again with 64 litres fuel on board :)

If you are doing some quick races without setups this can be going totally wrong :(

Cheers!

I can second that, mentioned it a few times earlier, the last time here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One&p=1082066&viewfull=1#post1082066

and here with a video included: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35792-Problem-with-saving-a-set-up-after-Patch-2-0-Xbox-One&p=1096064&viewfull=1#post1096064

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Alexandre in the same thread:

"The car fueling issue is one of the things we have fixed already for 3.0 - * Fixed more cases where a vehicle’s default setup would not be correctly applied."

As proven definitely not fixed.
The same procedure as every patch Mrs. Sophie...

linkinstreet
01-09-2015, 01:03
was racing in an X4 tyre wear server last night, and the bug we encountered were more interesting. Halfway through the race, the server admin decided that it will rain. Everyone pitted for rain tyres at the time. Most of us on the server noticed that while we got the correct tyres (we have better grip in the wet) the tyre wear was still the same as the old tyres. That means we are not getting new tyres with 100% grip, we are getting new tyres with how many percent grip left on the old tyres. Needles to say everyone spun or nearly spun on the last lap

Umer Ahmad
01-09-2015, 03:10
was racing in an X4 tyre wear server last night, and the bug we encountered were more interesting. Halfway through the race, the server admin decided that it will rain. Everyone pitted for rain tyres at the time. Most of us on the server noticed that while we got the correct tyres (we have better grip in the wet) the tyre wear was still the same as the old tyres. That means we are not getting new tyres with 100% grip, we are getting new tyres with how many percent grip left on the old tyres. Needles to say everyone spun or nearly spun on the last lap
How did you confirm this?

mcarver2000
01-09-2015, 14:58
Definitely getting softs (when other compound is selected) at pitstops. Speed and tire wear (as well as HUD) indicate they are softs (vs. the selected hard).

Seelenkrank
01-09-2015, 16:38
hard gives you soft
rain = rain
medium = soft
soft = hard
but how can i get medium? :confused:

3800racingfool
01-09-2015, 17:43
hard gives you soft
rain = rain
medium = soft
soft = hard
but how can i get medium? :confused:

Clearly you need to select the grass tire.

Martin03
01-09-2015, 23:58
Yeah it is many problems with pit in the game right now...The one here with not getting the right tires. And also you request pit, the team confirm it and says box this lap, you come in and a message on the screen ''the pit box is occupied'' and the AI take over the car in the pit and get panic and crash into the wall until the car is stucked...So would be nice to hear anything from dev's about next patch how close that is to release and if the pit problems are in that.

Since this game have so much potential, I love my Endurance Series career in the Audi R8 but not played in a long time. Since can't complete races because of differant pit bug everytime...

ChrisK
02-09-2015, 00:06
make sure that the tyre type and the tyre pressures in the pit stop screen are the same as the tyre type/pressures when you first exit the pits.
a saved pitstop strategy will use whatever tyre pressures you originally created it with which may be vastly different to the car you're currently using.

Schnizz58
02-09-2015, 04:30

You guys were right. It doesn't occur in the middle of the stop; it's at the beginning and the end. So it must be the air jack as Bealdor said. I still say it doesn't sound like it should though. Still it's great to know that my pitstop data are valid.

Martin03
05-09-2015, 23:53
Have anyone tested out if happend with pit strategy you have before before the race? Im not sure if it was random or not...Tried 2races where I made a pit strategy in race and both races got ended by a bug. Then tired a 3rd race, with a pre made strategy and then it worked fine. So not sure if it was luck that it workd the 3rd time or if its a bug with making strategy in race...

leithnow
06-09-2015, 06:00
Was doing a 15 lap race in storm conditions. My tires were running low after about half a dozen laps, because I guess rain tires don't last that long. But the AI were unaffected, never had to pit. And when I pit, they didn't change my tires, even though one was complete run down

Seelenkrank
06-09-2015, 08:00
Have anyone tested out if happend with pit strategy you have before before the race? Im not sure if it was random or not...Tried 2races where I made a pit strategy in race and both races got ended by a bug. Then tired a 3rd race, with a pre made strategy and then it worked fine. So not sure if it was luck that it workd the 3rd time or if its a bug with making strategy in race...

no,even with a pre made strategy i got the wrong tires

bluesky0870
06-09-2015, 22:45
no,even with a pre made strategy i got the wrong tires

I noticed another tyre issue. Raced 10 laps at Ruapuna, LMP900 Audi R8 career race.
Weather forecast at start: clouds followed by storm. Telemetry told me I am on slicks.
The race begun and the tyres overheated within 1 lap, it started to rain in 2nd lap and the tyres cooled down to green and the grip was like expected in rain. After lap 7 the rain stopped and the track dried, the tyres overheated again and lost their grip.

So I am convinced that tyres at the start were definitely wets and not lmp soft slicks as displayed in the telemetry.