PDA

View Full Version : @SMS why is the 3.0 patch working for some but not for all?

snipeme77
28-08-2015, 16:42
Why is the 3.0 patch not working well on Xbox?

I would like to get to the bottom of this. If the code is the same across platforms why is the Xbox one version, having so many issues. Patches releasing late, saving not working, Events not opening up, frame rate and sound glitches. Every new patch seems to need a reinstall of the game to not completely break it, and well there has to be a reason for this?

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 17:02
Some problems are related to how the game is configured and since there are a lot of different ways to configure it, it's not surprising that some configurations expose issues and others don't. Also some problems take time or exactly the right set of circumstances to expose. I have yet to do a full reinstall of the game because I don't see what that would accomplish. If you reinstall, you're just replacing a bunch of bits with identical ones so I fail to see how that would change anything. Deleting your game save is different, especially if it gets corrupted.

snipeme77
28-08-2015, 17:05
Some problems are related to how the game is configured and since there are a lot of different ways to configure it, it's not surprising that some configurations expose issues and others don't. Also some problems take time or exactly the right set of circumstances to expose. I have yet to do a full reinstall of the game because I don't see what that would accomplish. If you reinstall, you're just replacing a bunch of bits with identical ones so I fail to see how that would change anything. Deleting your game save is different, especially if it gets corrupted.

Makes sense... When I get home I'll delete my game save a then install the patch see if that works?
But still would like to hear from a Dev.

wraithsrike
28-08-2015, 17:16

This isn't entirely true. Game data can become unstable if the patch didn't integrate properly not only that's one patch may not of overwritten the previous patch fully thus causing issues, completely removing old data and installing new fresh is the best way to go.

Deleting your personal game save is the LAST thing you need to try.

Psychomatrix
28-08-2015, 17:54
game data is saved seperate. before i would delete that i would open a secound profile on xbox or use a familiy account and than i would see if a fresh gamesave change anything. if not i would have doon everthing for nothing.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 18:08
For sure! However sometimes it's the only way.

rtazz17
28-08-2015, 18:15
Ok,did the patch,fresh download.Anyone else keep getting booted back to race central after joining a lobby on line?Did hard restart too

On edit everything working great now... Patch did wonders for my game

mkstatto
28-08-2015, 18:22
It would be great if someone from SMS could confirm whether deleting save games is the accepted practice. But somehow I don't think anyone has a clue regarding Xbox one.

Umer Ahmad
28-08-2015, 18:31
They did talk about it already
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38095-PATCH-3-0-your-opinions&p=1101795#post1101795

Use the links at the top guys, helpful to find official posts from SMS

mkstatto
28-08-2015, 18:42
They did talk about it already
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38095-PATCH-3-0-your-opinions&p=1101795#post1101795

Use the links at the top guys, helpful to find official posts from SMS

Apologies man, should use that button a bit more. I blame the pool and the all day beer!

bobbylion
28-08-2015, 20:32
Can I just say all this was being talked about over on GTPlanet regards PS4, it was hidden on here but this isn't xbox 1 only problem. having said that mine seems to be working fine with just standard update followed by hard reset.

Boskapongen
28-08-2015, 20:54
There is one thing i can think of with the xbox, That is if you are a preview member, there are some bugs if you are preview and run the "beta" versions of the OS....

Haiden
28-08-2015, 21:32
This isn't entirely true. Game data can become unstable if the patch didn't integrate properly not only that's one patch may not of overwritten the previous patch fully thus causing issues, completely removing old data and installing new fresh is the best way to go.

Agreed. That's why when you're upgrading an OS it's recommended that you do an complete reinstall. Writing new code around existing code is usually never as good as a clean install. And the more you do it, the more unstable to entire installation can become. I think PCars is more affected by this than other games, because of the extent of changes they're making. I'm not talking about the number fixes, but how deep some of their changes lie in the code. Also, I think 3.0 was a pretty big updated, so that a lot of new code to try to wrap itself around or replace existing code.

It's not just an Xb1 issue, either. PS4 is the same. I did a clean install, and I haven't really had any major problems.

Schnizz58
28-08-2015, 21:38
Still sounds like juju to me but if y'all want to believe in it, there's one thing for sure: it can't hurt.

gtFOOTw
28-08-2015, 22:10
I think the XB1 is a bit like an iPhone. It'll quickly turn to shit if you don't frequently quit your apps. And NEVER USE something while it's downloading even though the dumbass machine gives a prompt saying you can.